Mothering Forum banner

Nursing Mamas TTC in JULY!!!

10K views 328 replies 67 participants last post by  because 
#1 ·
]Happy July, mamas!
Please put change requests in bold type.

Good Luck
and lots of
Mommies!

Waiting to be Ready

gcgirl
leaguemama
simplelife
bodhicitta3 ds 8/04, dd 10/06
brightonwoman 1/07
luvmy2girls
Peony
saphos
dinahx
Harmony96

Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!

Carlito's wife
TexasMum
Momma Aimee
coffee-lovin-mom
gillibean
BlessedMommy2006
sphynxcat
mergirl
sonuptosondown
sheasmom
SunCB
Lauren82
mariew
LiLStar

Waiting to O

abigail b
rollergirl
Kali Shanti
liss 420
because
freezehead
calinds
kikidee
lovin' it
Monica3674
satsumagirl
treehugginmama
pitchfork
goin' green
DustysSweety03
lilgreen
motherofphilosophy
Xerxella
bdoody11
peilover010202
abigail b
ameliasmama
jenleephotography
luvmybabygirls
jrose lee
ryan'smom
SereneBabe
jenmn
alaskaberry
heidirk
sarahf.
Julia Rose
ed tricia
zac'smom
Lindsey608
Kamie
RoseRed
MaClaire
malyita
*Robin*
Kristin0105

: 2WW
:
riversong
quetinha
DklovesMkandJK
usandthegirls
blissful maia
3for me
iluvmybabies
LiLStar
taylor
catemom
emski4379 DS 11/05
Hollin
cody'smomma
EBeth0000
bright_eyes
ms.pacman
Greenmama13
firefly mama
KnitLady
lilgreen

Our Success stories
:

July 08
Katica
katiedidbug
Max'sMama
citymomstl
risen_joy
shanahan
jldumm
*Danielle*
keirasmommy
fuzzypeach

June 08
alison_in_oh
luv

May 08
DreamsInDigital
jr'smom
Nicole R.
Moonprysm
sraplayas
RunnerMommy
mfrykas

April 08
Cody'smomma
KSLaura
wrzos
Lindsey608
ms. pacman

March 2008
Jaysmylilpumpkin DS 12/05
allykhat
mochimama
BundleFishMama DD 8/02, DD 5/04, DS 6/06
OwensMa
chic2chic

February 2008
Bee21
myrmom
Jul3Feb2
hannybanany dd 8/05
natalieadw dd 4/06
Bella Catalina DS 4/06
thefragile7393 DS 1/06
zakers_mama with DS 10/04, DD 1/07

January 2008
MommytoHHH
emski4379
Jörð

December 2007
heatherRN DS 6/7/06
JenMidwife
Naturegirl DS 8/04
jwpsgurl
Celina DD 7/05
BlissfullyLoving
ryansma
honeybee
ShiningStar DD 2/20/06
mistyryan
elisheva
GwendalynsMommy

November 2007
sunnymw DS 10/9/06
Lorette DS 8/05
finnegansmom
Linzie2 DD 5/5/06
mommymia
nubianamy DD 3/19/06
doulakris - caught the 1st PP egg!
BakerALM DD 2/06
miztrezzlyn
emikey
sweetney
can't wait

July Threadhostess ~ risen_joy[/B

See less See more
#104 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
My dr won't give me clomid, despite the fact that ds is 20 mos. Arrghhh...I mean, I'm ovulating...it's just taking such a long time each cycle.
Have you tried Vitex? I started taking it last month, and previously, I o'd on cds 30-45 since getting AF back. My first cycle on it I o'd on cd19 and this cycle on cd16. I take 30 drops once a day. I bought it on ebay from Alaska Herb something or other.

I know it postpones o in some women, but maybe it's worth a try?

#105 ·
Question for those who might know: If nursing does not suppress ovulation, ie. if you are nursing and have temped for a few months and know you are in fact ovulating, does it have any other effect on fertility or your ability to concieve and sustain a pregnancy?

TIA! I figured this would be a good group to ask!!

#106 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaCaveBear View Post
Question for those who might know: If nursing does not suppress ovulation, ie. if you are nursing and have temped for a few months and know you are in fact ovulating, does it have any other effect on fertility or your ability to concieve and sustain a pregnancy?

Not sure but i started charting when i got AF back and it's now been 1yr of ttc with 1 very early m/c. That said i wasn't nursing my daughter when ttc my son and he took 1 month shy of 1 yr and 2 back to back m/c's.

#107 ·
Quote:

If you are charting and can determine that your luteal phase (days between O and AF) is long enough to sustain a pregnancy then I don't believe there is any other effect. Apparently some nursing moms have a short luteal phase which would prevent them from staying pregnant even if they conceive. Lots and lots of moms get pregnant successfully while nursing...
I'm sure other mamas will have additional insight.

#109 ·
Quote:

From what I have learned, nursing increases prolactin which suppresses progesterone. Many short LPs are the result of a progesterone deficiency. I've had several months where I was sure that I was pregnant, and then AF comes days early.

I'm currently taking progesterone suppositories to help with a LP deficiency. I'm having a 21 day progesterone test done tomorrow
: that it's helping!

#110 ·
I got my BFP this morning at 4 a.m. after nursing dd!
:
:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13...9/PICT3129.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13...9/inverted.jpg

Had all the symptoms (nauseaus in afternoons, extremely exhausted, ligament stretching, feeling flabby where I was tightening up, food tasted weird or creaped me out, implantation spotting) but kept testing negative...until 10 dpo I took a fact plus test and it looked negative so I threw it in the cabinet. Looked at it 12 hours later and it had a faint line. So I waited till today 12 dpo and took this test pictured above and got a faint line within 2 minutes! I'm so happy!
:

#111 ·
Congratulations Danielle!!!
:
:
:

So I officially have gotten my first PPAF, it is a regular heavy flow now! I am so happy, I had started to think I was going to be one of those women who wouldn't get it until complete weaning. My 21 month old nurses a lot at night and a couple times during the day.

#113 ·
Congratulations Danielle!
:

Congrats on getting your first PPAF, abigail_b!

So my hubby had a vivid dream last night that I gave him a little box as a gift and when he opened it it contained a pair of baby boy shoes. And he asked, "Are we pregnant?" and I said "Yes, with another boy!"

DH rarely has dreams he can remember, and this one was so startling and vivid that it woke him up at 3AM. Ooh I hope it's true!

I got a BFN on yesterday's test, but come on, I was only 8DPO and I tested in the afternoon. How silly of me. I think I'll test Saturday or geez maybe tomorrow (at 10DPO). How do the Dollar Store tests work? Will they work that early? I hate wasting money on tests, so I tend to get those.

#114 ·
I caught the eggie for Charles while posting here back in Feb 07 ... we'll see if it works again

please add me to waiting for FPP Eggie.

#115 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by monica3674 View Post
From what I have learned, nursing increases prolactin which suppresses progesterone. Many short LPs are the result of a progesterone deficiency. I've had several months where I was sure that I was pregnant, and then AF comes days early.

I'm currently taking progesterone suppositories to help with a LP deficiency. I'm having a 21 day progesterone test done tomorrow
: that it's helping!

Also -- even after a temp shift -- the nurseing can delay O ... so you may have a temp shift for days longer, or two temp shifts in one month.

A

#117 ·
Quote:

does it have any other effect on fertility or your ability to concieve and sustain a pregnancy?

as others have said, it seems to have an impact often on some people's LP. My LP has been very short since DS (6-8 days). I did get pregnant - only for it to end in miscarriage. Although everyone on here will tell you that you can nurse and ttc and get pregnant - I really have doubts for me personally. I really don't think me or my body can handle being pregnant and nursing full-time, so we have started trying to lessen the amount we bf...

in "other news" - I am afraid that I'm having an annovulatory cycle, which would suck. DH and I had great timing, and DS is nursing less, and I started acupuncture (to hopefully get my hormones more in line, in case I do get pregnant, so it doesn't end in m/c again) - so I'm just going to be pissed if it was all for nothing... I guess we'll see over the next few days...

#119 ·
Sorry for the delay mamas - our internet has been down
: On the other hand I am THRILLED to see all the BFPs!!!! Let's keep it up mamas!!!
:
:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3for_me View Post
Could you please move me to 2WW and also take me off the the success stories for April, we lost that baby

I should be getting AF this week and I am scared. If I am PG that scares me because I don't want to go through another loss but at the same time we do want another baby. It is just a mixed bag of emotions

- I'm so sorry mama!! Hug You are in my prayers for this cycle though!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SereneBabe View Post
Mixed bag here, too. Just finished bleeding from a "chemical pregnancy" (very early m/c). It's still painful, even though it was "just a week" that we knew we were pregnant.

I don't even know if we should try this cycle or not.

--Heather
- Hugs again mama! I've been there and it's not fun...but it does get better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GradysMom View Post
me too me too, waiting to catch an egg I guess.
- not clear here, did you want waiting to O like the poster you were say "me too" too...or waiting to catch 1st PP egg?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickee311 View Post
Tested BFN last night. Dangit. My temps are the same as they were with my last cycle trying to get pg with Xander...So, I must not have O'ed like I thought. My CP is now medium/low, medium/open and medium/soft. CM is kinda creamy but stretchy. So, I guess I'll get to BD'ing just in case. Bleh. Nursing must be making me all screwy.
-
Sorry mama, I'm right there with you! Some days I feel certifiable!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by citymomstl View Post
Congrats Fuzzypeach!! That is great news!

Per my calculations, I should be in the 2ww. DH and I decided we are going to try low stress this time around, so no OPKs, no temping, etc., at least initially. I was on the mission the last time, so as soon as we started ttc, there were temps, opks, and on demand dtd . . . not much fun!! I was a perfect 28 day cycle before with ovulation on day 14, and my cycles are back to 28-30 days again, so we are just making sure we dtd leading up to, on, and the day after when I think I should o. That day was Sunday!! Amazingly (not much dtd around our house in past months even though ntnp), we dtd Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. To be honest, I am a little sore!! he he! So, I think we covered the spread!!! Best of luck to you ladies, and bring on the BFPs!!
-
Here's hoping it worked! Keep us updated!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abigail_b View Post
Hi mamas,
First of all - I forgot to say in my firt post -- *CONGRATS FUZZYPEACH*!!
:

So starting last night I have some pink discharge. This is something new. It isn't a lot, just pink every time I wipe. I am crossing my fingers it means AF is on her way back!
- Isn't it funny how much we want it at first?? I shouted for joy the first time she came after both kids!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by because View Post
Well, here's a testament to b6... This is the first cycle I haven't taken my b-complex during the 2WW because we were gone. My temp dumped today and I already have light AF-y cramps starting - 36 hours earlier than my last few cycles.

Bad news: LP is shorter; AF is on her way; I'm really grumpy and didn't even bother testing.

Good news: b6 works; I get to drink at my SIL-to-be's bachlorette party on the 26th.

Unrelated news: My SIL with the multiple m/c is pg again. She's 11dpo today but has been getting good BFPs since 9dpo. This is pg #5 for her - please let it be a take-home baby this time!!!
- Wow! Good to know! And we'll be praying for your SIL - let us know how it goes!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
Because, that's good news about the B6, and I'll be sending good vibes to you SIL.
No temp for me this morning, because I fell asleep while taking it. DH found me 15 mins later and said, is the thermometer still in your mouth? oops.
-
: Love it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abigail_b View Post
CONGRATULATIONS lilgreen!!!!
:
:

I am happy too because my spotting that started last night is getting heavier!! (I am waiting for my first PPAF).
- Hooray!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanahan View Post
in "other news" - I am afraid that I'm having an annovulatory cycle, which would suck. DH and I had great timing, and DS is nursing less, and I started acupuncture (to hopefully get my hormones more in line, in case I do get pregnant, so it doesn't end in m/c again) - so I'm just going to be pissed if it was all for nothing... I guess we'll see over the next few days...
- Fingers are crossed for you!!!
:

Not much going on my end other than the eternal 2ww!!
:

#121 ·
: Congrats to all the new BFPs! July is looking good!
:

I finally ovulated yesterday on CD35! Please move me to the two week wait! Thank you!

I started taking some B-100 complex this morning, so hopefully my LP will be longer! Before my first PPAF, my LP was only 5 days, so I'm hoping the B vitamins will help.

#122 ·
Congratulations on your BFP, Keirasmommy!!!!!
:
:

Congratulations on you PPAF, abigail_b!!!
:
:

This month is turning out to be a great month! Thanks ladies for all the well wishes...

#125 ·
Can I be moved back to the waiting to be ready please?

AF showed up on the 4th of July-
So now I guess I am out for a while again. I guess it's good thing though, I really need to get my thyroid fixed.

I am actually kind of suprised we didn't concieve last month, as it seems we timed it perfectly. But I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I have hardly any CF- Anyway- I will be lurking and still charting for the next several months and will join back in when my health issues are fixed.

Congrats to all the BFP's!! and good luck to everyone else!!

#126 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvmybabies View Post
I am actually kind of suprised we didn't concieve last month, as it seems we timed it perfectly.
they say that even if you have PERFECT timing, you only have a 25% chance of conceiving. And then, you have a 25% chance of miscarrying... So, birth really is a miracle!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.