Mothering Forum banner

Nursing Mamas TTC in JULY!!!

10K views 328 replies 67 participants last post by  because 
#1 ·
]Happy July, mamas!
Please put change requests in bold type.

Good Luck
and lots of
Mommies!

Waiting to be Ready

gcgirl
leaguemama
simplelife
bodhicitta3 ds 8/04, dd 10/06
brightonwoman 1/07
luvmy2girls
Peony
saphos
dinahx
Harmony96

Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!

Carlito's wife
TexasMum
Momma Aimee
coffee-lovin-mom
gillibean
BlessedMommy2006
sphynxcat
mergirl
sonuptosondown
sheasmom
SunCB
Lauren82
mariew
LiLStar

Waiting to O

abigail b
rollergirl
Kali Shanti
liss 420
because
freezehead
calinds
kikidee
lovin' it
Monica3674
satsumagirl
treehugginmama
pitchfork
goin' green
DustysSweety03
lilgreen
motherofphilosophy
Xerxella
bdoody11
peilover010202
abigail b
ameliasmama
jenleephotography
luvmybabygirls
jrose lee
ryan'smom
SereneBabe
jenmn
alaskaberry
heidirk
sarahf.
Julia Rose
ed tricia
zac'smom
Lindsey608
Kamie
RoseRed
MaClaire
malyita
*Robin*
Kristin0105

: 2WW
:
riversong
quetinha
DklovesMkandJK
usandthegirls
blissful maia
3for me
iluvmybabies
LiLStar
taylor
catemom
emski4379 DS 11/05
Hollin
cody'smomma
EBeth0000
bright_eyes
ms.pacman
Greenmama13
firefly mama
KnitLady
lilgreen

Our Success stories
:

July 08
Katica
katiedidbug
Max'sMama
citymomstl
risen_joy
shanahan
jldumm
*Danielle*
keirasmommy
fuzzypeach

June 08
alison_in_oh
luv

May 08
DreamsInDigital
jr'smom
Nicole R.
Moonprysm
sraplayas
RunnerMommy
mfrykas

April 08
Cody'smomma
KSLaura
wrzos
Lindsey608
ms. pacman

March 2008
Jaysmylilpumpkin DS 12/05
allykhat
mochimama
BundleFishMama DD 8/02, DD 5/04, DS 6/06
OwensMa
chic2chic

February 2008
Bee21
myrmom
Jul3Feb2
hannybanany dd 8/05
natalieadw dd 4/06
Bella Catalina DS 4/06
thefragile7393 DS 1/06
zakers_mama with DS 10/04, DD 1/07

January 2008
MommytoHHH
emski4379
Jörð

December 2007
heatherRN DS 6/7/06
JenMidwife
Naturegirl DS 8/04
jwpsgurl
Celina DD 7/05
BlissfullyLoving
ryansma
honeybee
ShiningStar DD 2/20/06
mistyryan
elisheva
GwendalynsMommy

November 2007
sunnymw DS 10/9/06
Lorette DS 8/05
finnegansmom
Linzie2 DD 5/5/06
mommymia
nubianamy DD 3/19/06
doulakris - caught the 1st PP egg!
BakerALM DD 2/06
miztrezzlyn
emikey
sweetney
can't wait

July Threadhostess ~ risen_joy[/B

See less See more
#127 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shanahan View Post
they say that even if you have PERFECT timing, you only have a 25% chance of conceiving. And then, you have a 25% chance of miscarrying... So, birth really is a miracle!!
our OB told us 20% of conception with "everything perfect"

#129 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
Also -- even after a temp shift -- the nurseing can delay O ... so you may have a temp shift for days longer, or two temp shifts in one month.
How can nursing delay o AFTER a temp shift? The temp shifts BECAUSE of ovulation having already occurred. The temp goes up because the corpus luteum (the follicle that the egg came from) produces progesterone AFTER it releases the egg, which raises your temp. Two temp shifts occasionally occur in a cycle when the first is from ovulation and the second is from implantation (about 8-12 days after ovulation). This is called a "triphasic" pattern; it's uncommon and not totally indicative of pregnancy. Now, there can be charts with crazy up and down temps, none of which indicate ovulation having occured. And there can be random high or low temps that programs like TCOYF or FF will discard. But a true temp shift (3 consecutive temps) doesn't happen before ovulation or as a cause of ovulation.

I recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler for anyone who wants a good primer on cycles and charting.

Quote:

our OB told us 20% of conception with "everything perfect"
The question is: how many cycles is it going to take for me to hit that lottery?! AF started today. We have now failed to get pg 5 cycles now with perfect timing and a good LP... sigh. Please move me to waiting to o.

This really has been a stellar start to a month, though! Congratulations, mamas!!!

#130 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvmybabies View Post

AF showed up on the 4th of July-
So now I guess I am out for a while again. I guess it's good thing though, I really need to get my thyroid fixed.

What's going on with your thyroid? I used to have Hashimoto's Disease. I'm a little concerned that the next pregnancy might mess up my thyroid again. My thyroid basically started attacking itself after dd's birth. It's amazing, but my thyroid fixed itself after ds's birth. So who knows what will happen this time.

#131 ·
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Aimee
Also -- even after a temp shift -- the nurseing can delay O ... so you may have a temp shift for days longer, or two temp shifts in one month.

How can nursing delay o AFTER a temp shift? The temp shifts BECAUSE of ovulation having already occurred. The temp goes up because the corpus luteum (the follicle that the egg came from) produces progesterone AFTER it releases the egg, which raises your temp. Two temp shifts occasionally occur in a cycle when the first is from ovulation and the second is from implantation (about 8-12 days after ovulation). This is called a "triphasic" pattern; it's uncommon and not totally indicative of pregnancy. Now, there can be charts with crazy up and down temps, none of which indicate ovulation having occured. And there can be random high or low temps that programs like TCOYF or FF will discard. But a true temp shift (3 consecutive temps) doesn't happen before ovulation or as a cause of ovulation.
just telling you what our OB told us about BF while TTC and charting --insert shrug -- he told us even with a clear temp shift, O could be delayed due to an increase in NN.....though maybe he meant an increase in NN after teh first day of the tmep shift???? I didn't pay too much attention
as we didn't chart temps,

Quote:
The question is: how many cycles is it going to take for me to hit that lottery?! AF started today. We have now failed to get pg 5 cycles now with perfect timing and a good LP... sigh. Please move me to waiting to o.
while BFD around the clock, and being the only food source to my Tot it took us 6 months excately ...keep up the hope. even without nursing the average is 6 months .....

Aimee

#132 ·
Please move me to 2 week wait!

Thanks Mamas, I've been thinking of you all...I'm not temping, but I've had cervical mucus practically coming out my ears for 9 days. That much mucus was unusual before DS, but I know things are in flux. I've been seeing a day of mucus here or there for months now, but nothing like this, so maybe that first little eggie has dropped...if not I may start temping.

I didn't know that Bvits helped with the luteal phase, maybe I'll give it a try. My LP was always on the short side although we conceived DS right away. my DS 2.5 still nurses fairly around the clock, but recently just increased his solid intake dramatically, so I assume, he's taking less MM. Then the mucus, tells me something has changed.

I take such huge comfort in knowing you all are out there.

#133 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post

Thanks Mamas, I've been thinking of you all...I'm not temping, but I've had cervical mucus practically coming out my ears for 9 days. That much mucus was unusual before DS, but I know things are in flux. I've been seeing a day of mucus here or there for months now, but nothing like this, so maybe that first little eggie has dropped...if not I may start temping.

I didn't know that Bvits helped with the luteal phase, maybe I'll give it a try. My LP was always on the short side although we conceived DS right away. my DS 2.5 still nurses fairly around the clock, but recently just increased his solid intake dramatically, so I assume, he's taking less MM. Then the mucus, tells me something has changed.

Good luck, I hope you catch the eggie if that is what you're hoping for!!
I just wanted to share that I also recently had a prolonged period of lots and lot of EWCM (also around 9 days) and then 2 weeks after the last day of EWCM I got my first PPAF (which I was hoping for). So I'm assuming I O'd , and hopefully you did too! BTW my 22 month old son still nurses a lot, particularly at night.

#135 ·
Quote:

don't forget to add me to waiting for first PP eggie .......

:
- You are officially on!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanahan View Post
they say that even if you have PERFECT timing, you only have a 25% chance of conceiving. And then, you have a 25% chance of miscarrying... So, birth really is a miracle!!
- And look at all the "oops" teen pregnancies!!
: Something is not right in the world! Oh well - here's to lots more for us!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post

- Hugs mama! I agree, it is a blessing having each other here!!

And I'm...still...waiting. Don't know why but this 2ww has seemed like an eternity to me!

#136 ·
: Congrats on the July BFPs!!
:
It's exciting to see so many so soon. Baby
for everyone!

I, just in the past couple of days, have felt my uterus contracting when DS nurses. I haven't noticed this before really, I mean since immediately pp. It's kinda weird. I am possibly 10 or 11 dpo, if I actually ovulated, which I am not sure of. Any one else have this?

#137 ·
: Am I really here?

Hi mamas! So, it looks like dp and I are going to try and make baby number three! We have two beautiful dds who are 4.5 and not quite two. We've made the move this month as if conceived now, I would a graduated and registered midwife by the time the next dc was born. Also, dp and I have done a lot of hard work on our marriage in the last year or so, our girls are gaining more independence and our goals and financial future are in a stable, comfortable place.

I think hormones might have something to do with it too! dd2 is about 22 months and I haven't had a PPAF yet. I had some mucous on and off in the last few months, but I had 3-4 straight days of EWCM this month and I think I felt mittelschmerz. Anyway, we made love twice during this potentially fertile month.

I will leave it up to the mods to put me under 2ww or "waiting to catch the first pp egg" (or both!
). I will be testing on or around July 22nd if I haven't had AF yet.

Blessings all around, mamas!
:

#139 ·
so i was waiting two weeks. but was terribly tired on wed and thought, this could be it!!! so i tested and of course it was neg......

so i have had wine twice.

i dunno, i like wine. does it hurt until i know? next tues will be the official 2ww and i might know then, but things have not been regular so it could be a fluke that that is the acutal date.

just needed to vent to someone, because dh doesn't quite understand.

#140 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jldumm View Post
so i was waiting two weeks. but was terribly tired on wed and thought, this could be it!!! so i tested and of course it was neg......

i dunno, i like wine. does it hurt until i know? next tues will be the official 2ww and i might know then, but things have not been regular so it could be a fluke that that is the acutal date.

oh i don't think wine would be that big of a deal if it was only twice. i am on my 2ww (3 dpo) now too, and i am having a small glass as i type this. i just needed a little something to unwind after this crazy week! i understand about the not being regular thing and dates being uncertain. i wouldn't worry about it
: for a bfp next tues!!!

before i got my bfp with vash (and you know how smart she is
), i had a night where i had a few drinks and then five days later i poas, and there were the lines!!

#144 ·
Well, after reading this thread, I prob shouldn't even be in here.
I have a 7 month old and a big case of baby fever. I'd love to have another child pretty close to DS.
However, I haven't had even the slightest sign of AF, and my LP was only 11 days pre DS. No mcs, but I understand that 11 is on the short end of normal.... wondering if TTC would even be possible while I'm **** BFing.

I'm not charting (why bother right now) but today DH and I officially decided not to take any precautions. Hmmm, might be a long wait though.

#145 ·
Please remove me from July Success STories as it didn't stick for me.

I'm feeling rather fatalistic about it, which is not how I usually approach things. But, I find I'm really believing that this one didn't stick to because there is someone else in my new future (rather big life change happened this month). I feel good about it.

It's good to know I'm fertile and hopefully the new someone will come soon.

Good luck everyone!!!

#146 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lit Chick View Post
I have a 7 month old and a big case of baby fever. I'd love to have another child pretty close to DS.
However, I haven't had even the slightest sign of AF, and my LP was only 11 days pre DS. No mcs, but I understand that 11 is on the short end of normal.... wondering if TTC would even be possible while I'm **** BFing.

I'm not charting (why bother right now) but today DH and I officially decided not to take any precautions. Hmmm, might be a long wait though.
this is us

Charles is 8 months.

I've had on PPAF -- one -- 50+ days ago

We are not preventing, but not TTC either --- just kinda hanging out, DTD and waiting for the 1st PP Eggie to come along.

We are however VERY open to catching that very first eggie to show her head ....

the two we have are 23 months apart, and if the next one is sooner than 23 months from Chalres -- well it will be NUTS but we'd still
: on the days we were not totally

but around here life is pretty
:
:
:
: anyway -- and we figure that is just our life for this season .....

With our ages, we set the cut off at April 09 -- if we are not preggo by then we will take action to be sure we don't become preggo -- that is the last month for conception that has the birth before I am 38 and DH 44 ....

however, I am not going to effect Charles' BF in any way -- I got preggo with him while Theo was still nurseing at least, and usally more, than every 2 hours all of the clock --- course I am 8 months PP and have had one AF and have no set cycle back; AF came back 7 WEEKS PP with Theo and was routine by 6 months PP.........

But I will hang for a while.

ANyone knwo any way -- without effecting BF -- to entice AF and Eggies? Vitimums ? Herbs? :nana::nana:

#147 ·
am jumping for joy over here. After 24 months pp, AF showed last night!!
:
:
:
I've never been this excited for AF in my life!

But I am slightly ticked at DH because I thought I was Oing two weeks ago and I tried to DTD but he was having a rough week working 12 hour days and was too exhausted. I can't really blame him though because I wasn't positive I was actually Oing...

I am very excited to finally be able to really chart and TTC.
:

Wishing for baby
for all!

#149 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Robin* View Post
I, just in the past couple of days, have felt my uterus contracting when DS nurses. I haven't noticed this before really, I mean since immediately pp. It's kinda weird. I am possibly 10 or 11 dpo, if I actually ovulated, which I am not sure of. Any one else have this?

i had this happen right before I miscarried.... and now it is happening again (6dpo). not sure what to make of it....

#150 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post
: Am I really here?

Hi mamas! So, it looks like dp and I are going to try and make baby number three! We have two beautiful dds who are 4.5 and not quite two. We've made the move this month as if conceived now, I would a graduated and registered midwife by the time the next dc was born. Also, dp and I have done a lot of hard work on our marriage in the last year or so, our girls are gaining more independence and our goals and financial future are in a stable, comfortable place.

I think hormones might have something to do with it too! dd2 is about 22 months and I haven't had a PPAF yet. I had some mucous on and off in the last few months, but I had 3-4 straight days of EWCM this month and I think I felt mittelschmerz. Anyway, we made love twice during this potentially fertile month.

I will leave it up to the mods to put me under 2ww or "waiting to catch the first pp egg" (or both!
). I will be testing on or around July 22nd if I haven't had AF yet.

Blessings all around, mamas!
:
- Good for you on the marriage work!!! Dh and I are in the midst of that..it really is hard work! But very very worth it.
I will put you in 2ww in faith that this will be your month!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jldumm View Post

- Go for it! I am actually of the opinion that it AIDS us in our 2ww! You see it calms us down a bit and keeps us from stressing which is NOT condusive for sticky babies!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DklovesMkandJK View Post
Can I please be moved to Waiting to O?

DH is ready NOW!

:

Let the baby making finally begin!
- Hooray!!!! Congrats mama, may it be a fruitful month for you!!
:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lit Chick View Post

- This is JUST the place for you! Full of mamas like you!
Welcome and good luck!

Well silly old me packed my fertility calendar in a place I can't remember!!
I have NO idea what my "official test date" is!! I only have one test left (ok, how many times have I posted that! I need to just order more internet cheapies in bulk already!) so I don't want to test too early at all. Dh and I have worked so hard to get our finances in better shape I have no desire to go spend a ton of money for more tests unless it's budgeted...wait...hold on...
: No no! I will be strong!

#151 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
Please remove me from July Success STories as it didn't stick for me.

I'm feeling rather fatalistic about it, which is not how I usually approach things. But, I find I'm really believing that this one didn't stick to because there is someone else in my new future (rather big life change happened this month). I feel good about it.

It's good to know I'm fertile and hopefully the new someone will come soon.

Good luck everyone!!!
mama I'm sorry!! Here's hoping for some really good things to come in your life!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.