Mid to Late July TWW - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
MrsMiller, biomama and lotus.blossom, sorry to hear this wasn't your month!

SimplyRochelle, congratulations!! I'm so excited for you. I'm a student midwife too... talk about amplified baby fever! (And poor results with charting due to frequent all-nighters).

Well, today was my test day, at 12dpo (I think) today and had a BFN this morning with FMU. I decided that I was going to test again in 3 days and if still BFN, start using OPKs and charting more effectively. I'm worried that I didn't even ovulate and my first PPAF won't be for months... I wonder if there is a way to bring it back without weaning dd2.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#422 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Small back story:
I've been reading about implantation spotting, and realized that I don't spot during my cycle. Or if I have it's been so freaking long, I don't remember what it should / does look like.
So, I think I'm having a bit of spotting. I'm going to describe it, so stop reading if you are easily grossed out.
I'm having very mild cramping. I would call it twinges. Went to the bathroom and on the unders was a small spot that was reddish-brown and mucousy. I'm sounding like such a kid, but is that spotting? Or do I just want this so much that I'm making myself think it is or that I'm making my body do what I think it should be doing right now (psychosomatic).

Please? Any advice?

The main reason I'm asking is that I am only 4 dpiui. that would be very early for anything like this according to everything I've read.
#423 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieeddie View Post
SimplyRochelle: CONGRATULATIONS! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

I'm a little confused about my chart. I got a positive OPK on CD 16 and I thought that meant that I would likely O on CD 17...but FF gave me crosshairs on CD 16. What do you ladies think? I know it doesn't really matter but I'm just wondering how many DPO I am. Thanks!

Here's to hoping for some BFPs for you ladies testing this week!
Well, it looks like FF is sort of splitting the difference between your lowest temp on CD15 and the +OPK, which would suggest CD17. I wouldn't think CD17, tho b/c of the much higher temp. Just a guess. Also, very convenient that your CDs match up with the days of the month...I have to keep calculating in my head "okay, so if I test on CD34, then that's really 7/24..."

I'd say you're 6 dpo. Good Luck

For everyone else this morning...lots going on in the thread...some good, some bad. My heart's with you all!

For me, still crampy. Temp's up a tenth of a degree. But today's my last day on the Progesterone (its a 12 day thing) and then we'll see. Progesterone can raise temps, according to FF. :

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#424 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angi View Post
Small back story:
I've been reading about implantation spotting, and realized that I don't spot during my cycle. Or if I have it's been so freaking long, I don't remember what it should / does look like.
So, I think I'm having a bit of spotting. I'm going to describe it, so stop reading if you are easily grossed out.
I'm having very mild cramping. I would call it twinges. Went to the bathroom and on the unders was a small spot that was reddish-brown and mucousy. I'm sounding like such a kid, but is that spotting? Or do I just want this so much that I'm making myself think it is or that I'm making my body do what I think it should be doing right now (psychosomatic).

Please? Any advice?

The main reason I'm asking is that I am only 4 dpiui. that would be very early for anything like this according to everything I've read.
Sounds like spotting to me. But you're not necessarily SUPPOSED to spot...some people do, some don't. It's just one of the more visible signs. I actually read once that only 20% of women get implantation spotting.

But, I hope that's what it is for you! It would be early, but maybe you've got a fast zygote or whatever it's called now! GL :

#425 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
So I'm really trying not to get my hopes up but I just held my pee for a few hours, went out and bought a few more $ tree tests, watched Mama Mia! with a friend and I just poas.....there is a faint, but definitely there line. I'm going to poas again in the morning. I watched this one pop up in under 3 minutes. No squinting necessary and it's pink but it's faint. Thinking of going to by a digital tomorrow if there's another line. I don't even know what to think.
Congratualtions Rochelle!!:::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnlaughing View Post

iluvbeinamomma - my midwife always tells me that some spotting is "normal" - but I always want to know what caused it, too. I hope that for you and biomama and anyone else I missed that the spotting/low temps are flukes or implantation!

My own excitement? The festival I'm going to be at when I test has a workshop that Ina May Gaskin is running on midwife as shaman!!!!!! It's a pagan/hippie sort of thing, and I knew she'd been there before, but I'm SUPER excited to get to hear her speak!! It'd be super cool if I got a BFP there, too, but I think that might use up all my luck forEVER, and I need some of that in a few other places.... (also, I really don't feel like this was our month not that I wouldn't take a BFP if I got one! )
Thanks for sharing that info. It is definitely the first time i have ever spotted during my LP and hopefully the last (unless it is for implantation reasons )

Enjoy the workshop. that sounds great. I read alot of her stuff while pregnant with my son and i loved it.

biomama,Mrs ******, Katie34, lotus.blossum, sorry that AF has come for a visit. s

I think i am right there with you ladies, My temp has not dropped yet, but tested this morning and got another bfn. I had one small spot yesterday and now nothing. : I wish she would just show up if she is going to so i can be onto the next cycle where i WILL get a BFP!!

I realized this morning that i should o around the 4th or 5th of next month and get my bfp around the 19th which is the due date for the baby lost in Feb. That would be pretty great though. A bfp on a very sad day for me. : : :
#426 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 01:51 PM

My temp went below the coverline today, so AF will most likely show up.

As of last night I was just spotting still, so we will see what today brings.

ETA: has arrived.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#427 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 03:58 PM

I'm out, the old hag is officially here in all her glory!

I have updated on the one thread, so here's the short version!

I had my IF clinic appt today, she ran some more up to date bloods, did some swabs & gave me an internal scan. She said everything seemed normal but that would wait for the results etc to come back before making any more plans. So I go out to make the appt & the absolute soonest I can get is 14th October!! I can't believe it, but we can't afford to pay privately right now so we'll have to wait for the NHS appt - I know I shouldn't complain at least I have the free option, it's just such a long time till Ocotber. Anyway, I am and have been for a few months an emotional wreck, so we are going to 'not try' (not prevent, but just not do all the ttc stuff), I'm just gonna temp & track CM to keep track of my cycles. Just a little pause, if you like. It's breaking my heart but I (& my family) need a break from this emotional rollercoaster.

So ladies, good luck, I'll still be lurking & cheering you all on.

to everyone. : for all waiting to test & for those in the af club

Me & DH TTC #3!  DD1 is 8 and DD2 is 2.  Struggled to conceive DD2, eventually getting a BFP after 35 months ttc & a month out from starting fertility treatment!  Now TTC#3, had an early miscarriage in Sept 2011 greensad.gif.  Here's my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1eeaa4

#428 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoo View Post

I had my IF clinic appt today, she ran some more up to date bloods, did some swabs & gave me an internal scan. She said everything seemed normal but that would wait for the results etc to come back before making any more plans. So I go out to make the appt & the absolute soonest I can get is 14th October!! I can't believe it, but we can't afford to pay privately right now so we'll have to wait for the NHS appt - I know I shouldn't complain at least I have the free option, it's just such a long time till Ocotber. Anyway, I am and have been for a few months an emotional wreck, so we are going to 'not try' (not prevent, but just not do all the ttc stuff), I'm just gonna temp & track CM to keep track of my cycles. Just a little pause, if you like. It's breaking my heart but I (& my family) need a break from this emotional rollercoaster.

Sorry AF came. And October does seem like a really long wait. Maybe a break will do you both good. *sigh* It sometimes seems like there are no good options. TAke Care

#429 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 04:33 PM

So anyone else experiencing the sensation of having to pee really bad. It's almost like a UTI, only no pain when I pee. There's a pressure/crampy feeling in my bladder area? It's better when I sit up really straight. I know this sounds weird, but it's been going for a few days? Anyone?

#430 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 04:42 PM

Not to get your hopes up, but I have had this for a few days too!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#431 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
So anyone else experiencing the sensation of having to pee really bad. It's almost like a UTI, only no pain when I pee. There's a pressure/crampy feeling in my bladder area? It's better when I sit up really straight. I know this sounds weird, but it's been going for a few days? Anyone?
sounds like a promising sign to me.
#432 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:

I understand what you are feeling. I am thinking about taking a break from the boards and obsessing too. Seems like if i stay away i will be less inclined to obsess about all the little feelings.
s
#433 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 08:25 PM

Thank you for your post. I posted that I went to the doctor this past friday. Well, the result was that I had a blood test done and it came back negative: My husband and I have been talking about me going back on the pill because tests keep coming back negative. Have you had any experience with this? We were thinking that the way I'm feeling is because of stopping the pill at the end of May, ya know...the hormone fluctuation? The last time I bled was at the end of May, my June "period" was lighter than I've ever had and as of right now, my period is 4 days late. I've read stories of women having the same situation and finding out later that they're pregnant, but I'm so confused. I've given up soda, coffee drinks, and tuna so that I can be as safe as possible, and don't know if I should just "wing it" by going back on the pill. What do you think? Thank you for your post, any little bit helps!!
#434 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 08:29 PM

sorry, didnt mean to post twice
#435 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 PM

Are you NOT wanting to get pregnant? Just wondering why you're considering going back on the pill. In my opinion, the stuff is poison. they tell us it's safe, but I don't know a single woman who's gone on or off the pill and not had a lot of issues. If it were me, I'd want to get my cycles figured out. Do you have any other side effects that could be pill-related? Why did you go off the pill in the first place? I'm not trying to pry, it's just hard to answer the question without this information.

I went off the pill in Feb. and I will NEVER go back. It raised my blood pressure, caused heart palpitations, weight gain, loss of libido. Three months after going off my hair started falling out. It's growing back now, but pre pill I had a HUGE amount of thick hair. Now it's normal-thin. I mean I shaved my head once in college and when it grew out I had a literal helmet of hair. It was awful looking.

I would suggest charting until your cycles come back. Some women it can take a really long time. Take charge of your fertility. Be aware of what's going on. It's kind of my rant right now, but I feel like some gynos just hand us pills and say everything is going to be fine, these are perfectly safe. I mean, they only stop your body from functioning correctly. They "trick" the body into thinking it's pregnant...UGH...hate 'em.

As for you. Sorry about your BFN . Going back on the pill won't straighten out your hormones, it will replace them with synthetic ones.

GOOD LUCK!!

#436 of 553 Old 07-22-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Anyway, I am and have been for a few months an emotional wreck, so we are going to 'not try' (not prevent, but just not do all the ttc stuff), I'm just gonna temp & track CM to keep track of my cycles. Just a little pause, if you like. It's breaking my heart but I (& my family) need a break from this emotional rollercoaster.
*hugs*
I hear yah.
I am not temping after I ovulate because it makes me nuts. If AF is going to show it's going to show. I do not need to know ahead of time. The stress is taking a toll and is counterproductive to TTC & is not good for DH and myself.
I need to cut back on the obsessing. It's so hard!
#437 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
OMG! totally missed this the first time I read through. Hehe. Hope that's a good sign. I'm testing with FMU tomorrow. :

#438 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
P.S. My nephew is an april baby and he is just about the coolest kiddo in the world. My two cents.

#439 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 02:03 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Asoldierschick, I've got to agree with wobblykate... I went off the pill about two months ago, and I think my magnesium deficiency (causing heart palpitations, constipation, memory loss and... some other things that I can't remember) is nearly gone. Also, my insomnia changed to hypersomnia. I'm still hoping that'll settle down. And I have a sex drive again. A lot.

Now, I was on the pill for over ten years, and I'm not exactly "normal" medically, anyway, so take that with a grain of salt - I mean, if it's gotta be the pill, it's gotta be the pill (my DH has a latex sensitivity, and I have a nonoxydyl-9 sensitivity. And we didn't trust FAM for contraception - not when I wanted a baby so. damn. bad.).

I've heard both stories of women who took "forever" to get back to regular cycle, and the stories of women who never had a bfp + had a baby.

Sorry to be so unhelpful

DH(37) + I(36) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 2/2014 - IVF cycle =  due in late November!
#440 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 04:31 AM

pretty sure AF will be here tomorrow or thursday. Beta was negative. But I pretty much knew it wasn't going to be w/ all the cramping/back pain. So, lap in about 1 week... and we will go from there.
#441 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 07:31 AM

Thank you WobblyKate for your analysis of my chart! Everyone in this forum is so knowledgable and I really appreciate your input.

I agree with the previous posts about how many problems the pill can cause. I know so many women who come off of the pill and end up having long and irregular periods for a while. I think we're made to believe that it will resolve within three months but it can take longer to normalize.

Good luck everyone!

Annie my hubby, DS 5/12/07 and DD4/4/09
#442 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 10:57 AM

Um guys? I got a very faint BFP. I couldn't sleep (so no temp) and I decided to test. It was a FRER and it came up with this light pink line at about 2 minutes. I think I'm pregnant.
#443 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 11:08 AM

Holy f*ing BFP, Batman :::::

AHHH!! NOW WHAT?

So, BFP with FMU on Dollar Tree test this am! Sh**AAAT

OMG. Faint at 3 min mark, but there. Even DH could see it. Totally dark now. Wow!

#444 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 11:08 AM

PS coffee still smells really good, but I'm restraining myself.

#445 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 AM

Congrats Olerica and WobblyKate!!
#446 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 11:26 AM

Kate: Does that mean we'll be in the April DDC together?
#447 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 11:41 AM

Congrats Kate and Olerica!!!!

:::::::::

Now I only have 5 more days before I buy every HPT in a 3 county area and start testing every hour. Maybe I can join the April club, too? :
#448 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post
Kate: Does that mean we'll be in the April DDC together?
Yipee! Yep FF says 4/2 is my edd. I need to go for a blood test, i guess. When I logged on earlier I didn't even see yours! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
:::::::::: :

#449 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 12:03 PM

wobblykate and olerica: CONGRATS!!!!!!

:::::::::

I tested this morning. BFN. And, my temp seems to be going down a bit. So, looks like I might be seeing some of you in the next two week wait.
#450 of 553 Old 07-23-2008, 12:05 PM

YAY Olerica and Wobblykate!!! Yiipppppeee!!

Angi, I am so with you! I am definitely not going to be able to hold out until 7/31 - but I am NOT going to buy any tests until Monday. But the suspense is killing me.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page