Mid to Late July TWW - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 553 Old 07-10-2008, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all. I'm going in for my IUI tomorrow morning and will get blood test on 7/23. So I'll use that as my testing date. Wish me luck! Hoping for lots of BFPs!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 553 Old 07-10-2008, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
FF did give me crosshairs today which is also my 21st birthday so what a lovely present. I'm 3dpo today and will be testing on the 20th if I can make it that long. Guess what my birthday wish is?!
Happy Birthday! :

--------------------------Updated To Here--------------------------------

Body, I've been more than patient. Please make a baby. Please?
always loving my babies. (May 08)(April 09)(August 09)(September 09) (December 10)
#63 of 553 Old 07-10-2008, 05:06 PM

Happy Birthday SimplyRochelle! : Here's hoping for your BFP! (and everyone else's!)

I went out and bought a BBT. I think I'll temp with both throughout this cycle and we'll see if there's a significant difference. :

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#64 of 553 Old 07-10-2008, 07:25 PM

Count me in for a long two weeks. Eeee!
#65 of 553 Old 07-10-2008, 08:19 PM

got my trigger shot today (so ovulating tomorrow). IUIs tomorrow and Saturday. So I'm almost into the 2ww! So excited to be joining y'all.

Let's start the BFPs, okay? I want to see a whole lotta April babes! :
#66 of 553 Old 07-10-2008, 08:43 PM

Can you add me for July 20th? This is our 9th cycle. :

for all.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#67 of 553 Old 07-10-2008, 08:51 PM

I was looking through my bathroom stuff and found a leftover clearblueeasy! SCORE! If I can only wait til my minimum testing date! Its so much harder when you're in the wait. I should just be enjoying my days pre period instead of wishing them away. Especially in this heat.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#68 of 553 Old 07-10-2008, 11:49 PM

Ok...I promised myself (again) that I wouldn't obsess, and here I am (again) with something I can't help but obsess over.

Twice today, when I went to do my usual CM check, I got creamy with a bit of EW. Now, if I wasn't sure I'd O'd, or if I was only a day or so away from AF, I wouldn't be confused. But I did O (my afternoon temps are up to 99+, typical post-O) and I'm only around 6 DPO. AF isn't due until the 18th.

Do you think a bit of EWCM at 6 dpo is a good sign??
#69 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
I was looking through my bathroom stuff and found a leftover clearblueeasy! SCORE! If I can only wait til my minimum testing date! Its so much harder when you're in the wait. I should just be enjoying my days pre period instead of wishing them away. Especially in this heat.
Put the test down and slowly back away. You've still got 12 days!

always loving my babies. (May 08)(April 09)(August 09)(September 09) (December 10)
#70 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantaja View Post
Put the test down and slowly back away. You've still got 12 days!
laughup Really, if you're going to start testing so early, at least get the dollar store tests or you won't have $ to pay for the baby!

#71 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Put the test down and slowly back away.
: Them's fighting words....but I need them. I have a minimum of 10 days to test and I want to test NOW. But even in 10 days, if I would be pregnant I probably won't test positive until more like 25 dpo. UGH. Darn, long cycles.

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#72 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 02:51 AM

TWW for me, testing 20th or as long as I can hold out!

Sorry, posted a moment ago, forgetting that I have yet to obsess here:

TTC #3 for about 6 months now......not so happy with the negative results so far. I O'd according to the CBFM on the 5/6th of July.

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#73 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Anyone else here have this terrible tendancy that I have:
At 2dpo I feel no symptoms and fall into a pit of sorrow saying- it didn't happen again! I don't feel any different boo hoo. Yet it is only 2dpo.

I hope this is simply obsessing rather than intuition!
Ugh.
I want to be pregnant so much it is starting to drive me NUTS.
It is taking so long.

My other bad habit is finding ways of blaming myself such as, it is 2dpo and I feel nothing. That means I am not pregnant cause I am probably being punished for _____ whatever thing I decide to feel bad about.

This ttc thing can really put you through the ringer!

Needless to say, 2dpo and no symptoms yet
#74 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Yesterday DH asked me if I were pregnant. I told him that my period was still 11 days away and he shrugged and asked me how that would stop me from being pregnant. Weird. My breasts are sore, but it's only 2DPO, that could mean anything or nothing.

Quote:
My other bad habit is finding ways of blaming myself such as, it is 2dpo and I feel nothing. That means I am not pregnant cause I am probably being punished for _____ whatever thing I decide to feel bad about.
Oh yes, that. A million times that.

#75 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 12:31 PM

Phantaja - I don't think men understand how our bodies work quite like we do.

Wobblykate - let me know how the BBT thermometer works. I'm still using a digital one, too, but it is very sensitive and seems to work well, but I always wondered how much of a difference the BBT thermometer would make.

So here's some TMI stuff, but it kinda sucks... Last night while I was going to the bathroom (#2), when I wiped afterwards, there was a little bit of pink spotting. (It was definitely from my female parts, not from my tush). I'm 5dpo, so it would be too soon for implantation bleeding, and this has happened to me sometimes during past cycles. I don't think it's a very good sign Also, my temps dropped today just a little (still above my coverline though). ARGH.

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

#76 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbutterflykissesm View Post

Understatement of the year. DH didn't want to BD last night (too tired, which I understand) and he was like, "won't the ones from the night before be okay?" ARGH. I don't even try to explain to him that yesterday I had EWCM and that might mean I ovulated on CD20 so our chances are already slim because he'd be like "WTF?" and after the EW part he'd probably only hear "blah, blah, blah" anyway.

Quote:
I'm 5dpo, so it would be too soon for implantation bleeding,
I thought implantation generally occurred at 5-10 dpo? It'd be on the outside, but not impossible. GL

Quote:
let me know how the BBT thermometer works.
Well, I did both thermometers this AM and the BBT read 96.9 while the digital read 96.6. Pretty big difference when it comes to BB Temp, but I'm going to keep going with using both because if the digital's consistently showing a difference of .3 degrees, then it's still going to show an accurate temp progression throughout the cycle, in which case, I'll use the numbers for the digital to pinpoint ovulation b/c I've been using that one since CD1.

BTW the hammer smilie is awesome, almost theraputic. I feel better already and I can't get arrested for using a virtual hammer.

#77 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The poor guy doesn't have a clue. But I still thought that it was cute, not to mention true. If I'm pregnant in 11 days, then I'd be pregnant now anyway, right? Boy logic makes me giggle.

#78 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post

Understatement of the year. DH didn't want to BD last night (too tired, which I understand) and he was like, "won't the ones from the night before be okay?" ARGH. I don't even try to explain to him that yesterday I had EWCM and that might mean I ovulated on CD20 so our chances are already slim because he'd be like "WTF?" and after the EW part he'd probably only hear "blah, blah, blah" anyway.
LMAO
I've had to explain the "facts of life" to DH a few times now. He has it in his mind that because the doctor told him that his swimmers can live up to 72 hours we don't have to worry about things as much. Like...HELLO!!! Then I have had to explain the whole ovulation thing to him and that the idea is to already have a good supply in there waiting to catch that egg. I think after a semester of reproductive biology he finally gets it. : Plus now we have conversations about CM in which he adds in his two TMI cents. Then last night I was trying to explain cervix position stuff because he wanted to know and wants me to talk to him about this stuff. Why I don't know. Seriously...just shut up and get naked. *wink*
#79 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 02:24 PM

That is so funny about your men, girls! I was going to say in my last post that my man has no idea that having sex 5dpo isn't going to get me pregnant, but I was embarrassed to write that, because I was like, "They are going to think he is a total moron!" I think my BP thinks that we can get pregnant no matter what - the more sex, the better, whenever.... Even though I've explained ovulation and everything. Once, we were DTD the day after the end of my period, and when we were done, he was like, "Are you pregnant?"

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

#80 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
That is so funny about your men, girls! I was going to say in my last post that my man has no idea that having sex 5dpo isn't going to get me pregnant, but I was embarrassed to write that, because I was like, "They are going to think he is a total moron!" I think my BP thinks that we can get pregnant no matter what - the more sex, the better, whenever.... Even though I've explained ovulation and everything. Once, we were DTD the day after the end of my period, and when we were done, he was like, "Are you pregnant?"
Not a moron...just genetically challenged. I mean, unless your guy is an OBGYN he probably only barely understands how babies are made. I think in 6th grade sex ed they all tuned out after their part is explained and started thinking about baseball so they wouldn't embarrass themselves.

#81 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 02:51 PM

I guess my DH is REALLY the odd one, because he understands as much as I do! :

Then again, he went to NFP classes with me, so he'd better understand it.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#82 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Anyone else here have this terrible tendancy that I have:
At 2dpo I feel no symptoms and fall into a pit of sorrow saying- it didn't happen again! I don't feel any different boo hoo. Yet it is only 2dpo.

I hope this is simply obsessing rather than intuition!
Ugh.
I want to be pregnant so much it is starting to drive me NUTS.
It is taking so long.

This ttc thing can really put you through the ringer!

Needless to say, 2dpo and no symptoms yet
Oh honey. Be kind to yourself. I was reading a few MD type sites where the MD's said "oh, you can't have symptoms till like 10-14 DPO - anyway - you are not being punished.
Quote:
Yesterday DH asked me if I were pregnant. I told him that my period was still 11 days away and he shrugged and asked me how that would stop me from being pregnant. Weird. My breasts are sore, but it's only 2DPO, that could mean anything or nothing.

Oh yes, that. A million times that.
My DH asked me last cycle if I were pregnant. I think he was trying to tell me that I was being "less kind" than normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayda's Mom View Post
LMAO
I've had to explain the "facts of life" to DH a few times now. He has it in his mind that because the doctor told him that his swimmers can live up to 72 hours we don't have to worry about things as much. Like...HELLO!!! Then I have had to explain the whole ovulation thing to him and that the idea is to already have a good supply in there waiting to catch that egg. I think after a semester of reproductive biology he finally gets it. : Plus now we have conversations about CM in which he adds in his two TMI cents. Then last night I was trying to explain cervix position stuff because he wanted to know and wants me to talk to him about this stuff. Why I don't know. Seriously...just shut up and get naked. *wink*
So cute! Love it when DH is interested in what I know about my stuff.

I'll join up. I'll test on the 22nd. Same day as DoodleDoo (just like last month). Hope all is well with everyone.
#83 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne1140 View Post
I guess my DH is REALLY the odd one, because he understands as much as I do! :

Then again, he went to NFP classes with me, so he'd better understand it.
That's awesome! Good for you. The rest of us will just have to continue to deal with our unenlightened DHs

I wish my DH would take more of an interest, but I think he'd prefer if we had a baby as an accident b/c then he wouldn't have to freak out about the responsibility factor ahead of time. He's the type that's just fine (even excited) with something once it's inevitable, but worries like crazy and dithers back and forth when he has to make a choice. If I start talking to him about fertility, ovulation, etc., he freaks out a little .

#84 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 05:02 PM

(I put the test back in the closet. don't want any nosy people wondering why I have a pregnancy test!)

DH's are so funny. Mine said he hopes this takes a long time. Because last time was 'one shot one kill' and he likes the idea of having a lot of procreation sex. We use withdrawal as our primary method. He clearly doesn't know how all consuming the 2ww is. And how dissapointing when it doesn't happen right away.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#85 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 05:12 PM

It's official. Seems I O'd on Tuesday.....time to start analyzing every twinge.

My DH was not very interested when we first started TTC. Well, except for the BD part. But as the months ticked on with no baby, he learned more and more. He's even got FF on his computer at work!
#86 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 05:15 PM

I want to join in the excitement. I will test on July 19th if my AF doesn't rear its ugly head (and if I can hold off past the 15th).

We got pregnant on the first try with my son, so this is new to me (not that we've been trying long). I had to wean my son a couple of months ago to "induce" AF which finally came back last month. I haven't started checking my temp yet, so I tried to pay attention to fluids and to seduce like crazy. If AF shows up this month, I'll start obsessing over temperatures.

Anyways, good luck ladies!:
#87 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 07:16 PM

Pretty sure I o'd yesterday. Have a progesterone level on july 17th... will be testing July 24th I am sure my friends @ work will be trying to talk me into a beta way before that... but I am going to try to hold out!!
#88 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post
I'll join up. I'll test on the 22nd. Same day as DoodleDoo (just like last month). Hope all is well with everyone.
How funny is that? I actually stalked your chart the other day as I wondered where you were in your cycle after we had been so close last time. : this is our month (and everyone elses of course!)

I have a confession to make that I have nominated the 22nd as we have our first appt at the infertility clinic that day & I'm so hoping to not have to go. I know after 3 years, why would it happen now? But I gotta hope! I have been trying not to mention the appt on here as I didn't want to jinx anything , but I guess at this stage (5dpo) I'm either pg or I'm not!

DD had a rotten V&D bug at the start of the week & I think I have it now! Either that or I'm having horrendous morning sickness which has lasted since 4am today - can you guess which I hope for? Yeah, that's right the less likely of the two!

Anyway, we are heading away camping for a few days on Sunday & then again the following weekend, so that should help cure the POAS urge & hopefully AF doesn't arrive slap bang in the middle of next weekends trip.

Remind me, Why is it they say the Irish have the gift of the gab? 'cos we don't know when to shut up! (sorry!)

Me & DH TTC #3!  DD1 is 8 and DD2 is 2.  Struggled to conceive DD2, eventually getting a BFP after 35 months ttc & a month out from starting fertility treatment!  Now TTC#3, had an early miscarriage in Sept 2011 greensad.gif.  Here's my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1eeaa4

#89 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 08:42 PM

Like a past poster, I O'ed on Tuesday and am now all caught up in analyzing every twinge. Ahhhgh!!

This is all really surreal because honestly we weren't planning this, it just sort of unfolded this way. Getting through the next two weeks is going to be an interesting time...
#90 of 553 Old 07-11-2008, 09:00 PM

Okay, so coupled with my late (hopefully imminent) O, likely short LP (I'm on CD 20 and never had a cycle longer than 30 days, generally more like 28) and hair loss since going off the pill, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm low on progesterone. Another issue, though, is that I'm also thinking (eczema reaction I've been trying to figure out--god I sound like a mess!) I might be allergic to soy. I was doing research on the web and it looks like the natural Progesterone cream that you can buy OTC is either made from yams or soybeans. I found some information on MDC that said the yam-based Pro. Cream doesn't work/isn't good for you. I hesitate, obviously, to smear something soy-based all over myself and see what kind of reaction I have. Anyone familiar with yam-based pro. cream? I think I O'd today (if I didn't then I probably won't ), in which case I'd want to start the cream today, too. Maybe some extra B6 as well. HELP! Pharmacy closes soon

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page