40 + TTC - SUMMER OF BFP's, HOPE, LOVE & SUPPORT - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-16-2008, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to all the new ladies!

I am beginning my herbs today. Hubby had an angiogram today and got a clean bill of health, so I am very happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Toni, that's awesome news!!!!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuwamare View Post
Welcome to all the new ladies!

I am beginning my herbs today. Hubby had an angiogram today and got a clean bill of health, so I am very happy.
Wonderful!! : That's really great!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Welcome, Kate. I am Jennifer, 42, and I had a loss at the end of April as well. They didn't find anything but my own tissue, it had reabsorbed by the time I had a D & C.
Sorry to hear about your loss Jennifer. Did you wait and try for a natural m/c? I really wanted to go the natural route, but after waiting over a month and u/s still showed gest. sac. I chose the D/C. I guess it started to reabsorb but stopped after awhile. Next week will be the start of my 3rd after m/c cycle so we'll be TTC end of July :

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

Old 07-17-2008, 12:31 AM

Is it too early to begin to obsess? My first 5 temps are much higher than usual for this portion of my cycle. I'm just going to keep temping every morning to see what is up. Has anyone had a similar beginning? :
Old 07-17-2008, 12:52 AM

I am kind of obsessing too my temps post O are quite high I think

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 07-17-2008, 02:26 AM

That does look good, Laurie! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:57 AM

Well I will be surprised if my tests are negative in a couple of days. Between the afternoon queasiness, weird creepy crawly feelings under my skin, increased smell sensitivity, more tiredness than usual, and now tonight...the heartburn burn...I don't know how it can't be.

Laura mama to Caitlyn 12/26/06 and Frenchie dh non vaccing unschooling multilingual family
Old 07-17-2008, 03:48 AM

Laura, I hope those are all good signs too. Especially the tired part.

MsGB, I will admit that I'm not one of those who are of the No-Vax persuasion but I will be doing more research when it comes to my upcoming two. That being said, I would be leary of any vax as an adult who's trying to get pregnant. Did you have chicken pox as a kid? Is that why your doctor is recommending? I can't imagine any other reason. I'm with you on not wanting to wait the two months. Are you in a position where you're exposed to kids who could have the pox and therefore have it be contagious for you? Ask your doctor all the possible pros and cons questions and then weigh your options from there. It's a tough call but if it's going to take a few weeks to get all your insurance stuff in order, then perhaps that's the same two months to have the vax go through your system. Just a thought.

Erika, I'm getting so excited for you! Okay, so maybe you couldn't hear the heartbeat with the doppler but I'm with you that I'd run with the swishing. Something's going on in there and it's very exciting. Try not to make yourself crazy until Monday's official appointment. It's all going to be good.

And I'm with you all that I can't figure out half the abbreviations, but I just try to go with the flow. LOL. (that's an abbreviation I know we all know)
Old 07-17-2008, 01:28 PM

Well I have not had CP either as a kid and considered the vaccine but didn't want to expose my daughter just yet and didn't want to have to wait. I'm not a vac fan though. I believe some have their place but not the way they recommend them. I also am not a fan of CP vaccines for kids since they do not provide life long immunity. So if I'm definitely pregnant it's going to be anothe rlong pregnancy with worries of being exposed through my little one now. I had considered having another test done though and having my titers more closely checked since it was done in Argentina they simply said no or yes. I have Dr. Tenpennis link to the actual titer levels so at least that is an option.
Laura
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover View Post

MsGB, I will admit that I'm not one of those who are of the No-Vax persuasion but I will be doing more research when it comes to my upcoming two. That being said, I would be leary of any vax as an adult who's trying to get pregnant. Did you have chicken pox as a kid? Is that why your doctor is recommending? I can't imagine any other reason. I'm with you on not wanting to wait the two months. Are you in a position where you're exposed to kids who could have the pox and therefore have it be contagious for you? Ask your doctor all the possible pros and cons questions and then weigh your options from there. It's a tough call but if it's going to take a few weeks to get all your insurance stuff in order, then perhaps that's the same two months to have the vax go through your system. Just a thought.

Laura mama to Caitlyn 12/26/06 and Frenchie dh non vaccing unschooling multilingual family
Old 07-17-2008, 02:23 PM

Hi everyone, sorry, I'm sure many have asked this before, but: can you tell me exactly what is a chemical pregnancy? I kind of get the gist, but how exactly does it happen, and what is happening, and does it indicate any sort of problem if one has them?

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 07-17-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post
Hi everyone, sorry, I'm sure many have asked this before, but: can you tell me exactly what is a chemical pregnancy? I kind of get the gist, but how exactly does it happen, and what is happening, and does it indicate any sort of problem if one has them?
My understanding is that it is very early pregnancy loss. You may test early, before your period is even due, and get a +, but then by the time you would normally get your period AF shows up. So, unless you hadn't tested early you may not of even known that you were pg. "They" say that it is pretty common, we just don't know it.

Here's what I found:

"Chemical pregnancies are not the result of anything that you have done. They can be casued by chromosomal disorders, hormonal issues, luteal phase defect (LPD), problems with the lining of the uterus, some infections or even structural abnormalities within the uterus, including fibroids."

Chemical pregnancies are unfortunately very common. 50 to 60% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage very early in pregnancy. Most occur without the woman even knowing that she was pregnant.

"What Causes a Chemical Pregnancy
Most chemical pregnancies are due to chromosomal problems in the developing fetus. Other possible causes are inadequate uterine lining, uterine abnormalities both congenital or acquired like fibroids, low hormone levels, luteal phase defect or certain infections.
How can I Prevent Chemical Pregnancies
Most chemical pregnancies can not be prevented. If you have recurring chemical pregnancies, your doctor should be able to investigate and help you formulate a treatment which is best for you. Potential treatments include vitamin B6 (at least 50mg a day), progesterone cream, and baby asprin. Be sure to discuss potential treatments with your doctor.

If infection is the cause, antibiotics prescribed by your Doctor can help. "
Old 07-18-2008, 02:15 PM

lovbeingamommy, I didn't really wait, but the doctor really pushed for me to have a D & C, and I really just wanted it over so I could move on. Had I to do it over again, I'd probably see a midwife first and see if she could suggest herbs to help my body cleanse itself instead first. Which hopefully will never be an issue.

I would question the need for a chicken pox vaccine, but then I am now pretty anti-vax (although I used to get the flu shot every year, including when I was pg with ds). As others have said, it wears off, and even right after your first shot doesn't necessarily protect you fully anyway.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 07-18-2008, 05:30 PM

My kids got CP from a friends DD who was fully vaxed and had a strange case. Turns out the first rounds of CP didn't protect them so much as it mutated the virus. So they could be carriers. They had an outbreak in a town near us and one little girl got the CP 3 tiems. She was fully vaxed.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:31 PM

Someone please look at my chart and tell me if I should get my hopes up yet?

Old 07-18-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
Someone please look at my chart and tell me if I should get my hopes up yet?
Lookin' awesome.....how long before you are going to test? Now look at mine and tell me WTH is up with that!!! I have tons of O pain that started last night and is continuing today. I thought I O'd on CD13, but now I don't know.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:10 PM

massaginmommy, your chart looks great! I would hold off on testing though if I were you, just because it's still pretty early. But that's just me.

Shelli, I think there was something in the Infertility Cure about the jagged chart, but I can't remember what it was and don't have it anymore. Maybe VM can help? Are you temping at the same time?

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 07-18-2008, 10:12 PM

Yeah I am NOT testing until next week. Maybe on Weds depending on what my temp is doing, that would be 14dpo.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:50 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking quite a bit lately around here, and allowing myself to get swept up into the TTC energy. But... I am feeling a little downhearted now about how in the world this babe will come.

DH and I had a little conversation last night wherein I again expressed my wishes for one more little one. He doesn't share that with me. He wants more of me, the kind of more that comes with growing children, not with making babies! He said he'd thought about my wish. The fact that he's given it some thought and still feels like the answer is "no" was very hard for me.

I continue to meditate and ask for guidance in this situation. And, I continue to hope (believe?) that if a soul wishes to come to earth, it will find it's way. And, most practically, I continue to hope that some super swimmers make it around the condom at the right time. Or that the condom fails. I found a lovely greeting card yesterday with the words "breathe" "believe" "receive" and below, in a woman's womb: "its all happening". That felt very auspicious...

Thank you for being such a supportive group of women. I know I don't exactly fit into the TTC realm (well, I am TTC, but it is hard by myself). I am grateful for the perspective many of you have given me, and I am sending every one of you blessings for a successful pregnancy. Thanks also for reading this if you have!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 07-19-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post
DH and I had a little conversation last night wherein I again expressed my wishes for one more little one. He doesn't share that with me....most practically, I continue to hope that some super swimmers make it around the condom at the right time. Or that the condom fails.
karen, i can really appreciate your feelings and i also appreciate how tough your situation is. it really stinks!!! i wish i had a solution for you. i wish i knew how to convince your husband. i mean, he has a right not to want any more children but YOU have a right to want another child, too! it seems so unfair that there has to be a 'winner' and a 'loser' in the situation. i hope the condom breaks, too. you could poke little holes in all of them! or inseminate with their contents once they are in the trash!! i would be so tempted. but i know that this is a violation of trust between you and your husband and not really a practical solution. i wonder if he would be willing to see a counselor with you so a third party could mediate this disagreement?? there just has to be *something* you could do.

i wish i could help you. don't give up. crazier things have certainly happened.

xoxoxo
erik and arthur's mommy
erika

41, 8wks2days via home insemination with kd
: : :
Old 07-19-2008, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Is it too early to begin to obsess? My first 5 temps are much higher than usual for this portion of my cycle. I'm just going to keep temping every morning to see what is up. Has anyone had a similar beginning? :
it's never a bad time to obsess. i was fanatical about looking for any little differences in my chart. it gives you something to do while you're waiting!

erik and arthur's mommy
erika

Old 07-19-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover View Post
Erika, I'm getting so excited for you! Okay, so maybe you couldn't hear the heartbeat with the doppler but I'm with you that I'd run with the swishing. Something's going on in there and it's very exciting. Try not to make yourself crazy until Monday's official appointment. It's all going to be good.
thank you!! i'm getting excited, too. i can't wait for monday at 4 o'clock! my sister is coming with me and then we are going out for a celebratory dinner. i can't wait to see who's in there and have some pictures to take home. i was really afraid to be positive at first but i MIGHT AS WELL! i think i'm going to start a scrap book soon, even though i was afraid to. i'm just going to act on faith and assume it's all going to be ok.

my morning sickness has been miserable. i am sick most of the day and especially bad from about 4 o'clock on. it gets better around now, just in time for bed. how perfect. the last few days i have had a little bit of a fever, just a bit, like between 99 and 99.4. should i be worried about that????

erik and arthur's mommy
erika

Old 07-19-2008, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Shelli, I think there was something in the Infertility Cure about the jagged chart, but I can't remember what it was and don't have it anymore. Maybe VM can help? Are you temping at the same time?
I temp at around 6:30 to 7 am most everyday (I wake up then whether I want to or not), the room is pretty constant with airconditioning. It's a BBT that I keep under my pillow so I don't have to even reach for it. I may start temping vaginally although that seems like such a bother. I wonder if I am mouth breathing and it is causing differing temps? My cycle has always been so regular that this is very frustrating. :
Old 07-19-2008, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Gals, thanks for your two cents worth about the CP vaccine. I hadn't realized that it was fairly new until recently, and also learned that it's recommended, not required, by the IVF clinic. I work around adults, and don't think that I need to get the vaccinations. I'd rather keep ttcing and hope that, perhaps, there might be a good egg in there that will get fertilized over the next few months, before I resort to IVF with DE. Still haven't received an answer from the insurance co re: coverage, although I did get my credit card statements from early 2006 which "show" two charges of $224 each to the OB/GYN's offices. Hopefully that will help move things along. Now I need to find another ED, as the ones I was considering are both involved with other recipients. Ah, such is life.

Karen, I'm so sorry that your hubbie isn't on board with another child. My heart goes out to you. I wouldn't be deceitful, though. Well, I guess I can't say for sure, since I'm not in your shoes, but the ideas presented by Erika might work!

Speaking of Erika, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so ill lately. Hormonal changes are wreaking havoc on your body. I hope the morning sickness eases up soon.

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 07-19-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoodbuns View Post

Karen, I'm so sorry that your hubbie isn't on board with another child. My heart goes out to you. I wouldn't be deceitful, though. Well, I guess I can't say for sure, since I'm not in your shoes, but the ideas presented by Erika might work!

Yeah, I'm with you msgoodbuns. It is fun, though, to fantasize about it now and then! Also, there is a certain part of me who feels I do have the right as a woman to have a baby if I want to. Like, if I was single, I might indeed be trying to find a donor at this point. I know just the person.... Oh wait! I'm married! Joking. I love love love my dear husband. That's what makes this harder, I guess.

Anyhoo, still heading off for vaca this afternoon, and will still be hoping for some well-timed and fruitful lovemaking. :

to you all!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:46 AM

okay ladies, a little help here. the tests are still negative although by someone's explanation on another thread I posted, I probably wouldn't show positive till another week from now anyway.
So, I'm about 7 or so days away from my period and I'm getting some whitish discharge...what might that be... good or bad (badmeaning period is coming )>
TIA

Old 07-20-2008, 12:58 AM

Sapphos... I don't think the discharge means a whole lot. I get a white discharge through a large part of my luteal phase whether I'm pregnant or not. Maybe some of the other ladies can tell you different, though. Maybe I'm the odd one out! LOL

AAM: It is still early in my cycle... I had a dizzy spell yesterday when I got out of the car. I had to stop for a few minutes and steady myself. Today, one of my breasts hurts. It has been along time since I had a whole lot of breast tenderness. The last time it hurt I had mastitis, and this is similar, but not quite so strong. Also there is no heat like there was then, and no fever. Although I have had a bad case of the runs (sorry, TMI) today. And I had eggwhite today... it is waaaaaay early for that.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Sapphos... I don't think the discharge means a whole lot. I get a white discharge through a large part of my luteal phase whether I'm pregnant or not. Maybe some of the other ladies can tell you different, though. Maybe I'm the odd one out! LOL
no, my experience is pretty much the same as yours. i don't think it means anything, either. it's going to be a long week, saphhos, i know! i tested neg at 5dpo and 9dpo, no + result until day 14. hang in there!! and keep us posted,

tuwamare, as for your breast, i wonder what that could be...?

erik and arthur's mommy
erika

41, 8wks3days via home insemination with kd
Old 07-20-2008, 03:03 AM

WARNING...TTC woman venting

So.... today I went to a baby shower. I need some 40+ TTC group venting. This was a shower for my DH's, DS's, girlfriend (I know, confusing)...my stepson's pregnant girlfriend. Who, get this...is having twin girls. This was an ooops-surprise for them and now with twins a double ooops! Poor DSS is rolling pretty well with the punches. He wasn't sure about even wanting to stay with this girl before all this happened. DH told him "Sorry, too late now!" She is adorable and I think he is a fool to not marry her. She is pretty happy with everything and most of this side of the family think it may not have been a total oooops on her part, if you KWIM.

Well, as stepmom I am really an outsider in their minds and always have been. One stepchild at 19yrs old told me outright that I am "not really family". WTH? I have his same last name!!! OK, so I go and sit with the wierd ex-wife (akward with a capital A) and never get introduced to her mom or anyone else there all while I am sure in their minds I am expected to give over a substantial gift to help out. I had brought a nice gift with several outfits and also a gift card in a large amount to help with whatever they need. This will be my DH's first grandchildren no matter what else.

This is sooooo unfair and I am feeling sorry for myself that it should have been me to have those kids with my DH and not wierd Ex-wife. I can't stand to sit there and listen to wierd ex-wife talk about her childbirth experiences with my DH when I am too old to get pregnant. It is soooo unfair that this girl is having two babies when they should have been thinking ring and "I do's" first. (sorry, don't mean to offend any single mom's here....everyone has their own decisions to make, and I don't mean to be critical, just our family beliefs that DS is not living up to.)

Now I get a phone call while at the shower from DH ~4pm. "By the way, honey, my best friend and his wife from out of state are on their way over now to have BBQ dinner and swim in the pool". We have plans to leave tomorrow afternoon for a road trip to Seattle and I have Costco shopping, laundry, packing, church class to prepare to teach tomorrow!! Oh, Crap!

Then during the evening we come to find out that the mother of the best friend is very very sick, in severe pain, dying if they don't figure out what is wrong, and that is why they are in town. Of course, if we were them, we would do the same thing. Go to best friend, who is a doctor, and "stop by" for a visit, really looking for help. It happens, I am used to it now, but now DH isn't sure if he will go to Seattle. He may have to stay to help out the mother. This was a just the two of us trip to see my family, who I haven't seen in a year now! Then he leaves for a late movie with two of the boys, leaving me here after I worked my butt off to rush home and put on a nice dinner party.

You know, I try and let things roll off as much as possible, but this day really sucks!!! : Now it is late, I haven't gotten laundry done, not packed, I don't have Sunday school lesson ready, and that means that I will either have to stay up till 3am, or get up extra early to have things ready by 11am tomorrow.

I really think I have valid reason to be upset.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:16 AM

I'm sorry about the crappy day, Shelli. That really is an awful lot to deal with all in one day.

User Tag List