40 + TTC - SUMMER OF BFP's, HOPE, LOVE & SUPPORT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 449 Old 07-12-2008, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies,

Decided to start a new thread, and to summarize where we all stand as of July 12th. We're doing amazingly well! 5 very pregnant gals out of 23 of us. That's 20%, and probably way better than the odds we're given by our RE's and Fertility Clinics. And to think, 4 out of 5 conceptions were without medical assistance!

BFP's:

Hockeylover/Juls (44): EDD 12/08 via ED with TWINS!!!
Juneau (44): EDD 1/09
DoulaMomVicki: EDD 1/09
WV Mommy/Erika (41): EDD 2/09 (but uterus doesn't look a day over 27!)
Sunrise/Sara (41 now, 42.5 at EDD): EDD 3/09

HOPEFULS:

Veganmama719 (41): waiting for that elusive sticky bean!!!
BHappy/Karen (40)
MassaginMommy/Laurie (45)
Tuwamare/Toni (44)
Shellbell62/Shelli (46)
KaydasMom (41)
Kristin0105 (42)
Joyluc (45)
Pookietooth/Jen (42)
Ustasmom
TheSnowQueen/Susan (46)
Jezzy/Sharun
Girlo/Shannon
Grace24
Msgoodbuns (44) - single, dating, acting and ttc'ing!
lovbeingamommy/Kate (43)
Sapphos/Laura (41)
S******* (41)

If I've left anyone off, or got any info wrong, just let me know, and I'll update my post.

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 449 Old 07-12-2008, 01:05 PM

OK, So I think I am too deep into all the BFP energy from y'all!! I'm supposed to start my moon blood today or tomorrow. I've had an absolutely uneventful cycle, and have not even thought once about a tww. Until last night. Suddenly I started thinking how ironic would it be if I got pregnant this month, when I wasn't paying attention?! Last two cycles I had all kinds of symptoms that lead me to wonder if I may be pregnant. This one, nothing.

So I'm going to go insane until my period starts. At least it will only be 24 hours or so I had af cramps the past two days.

Hugs to all!
:

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#3 of 449 Old 07-12-2008, 01:25 PM

Thanks for the new thread MsGBs, we certainly do seem to be on a roll which great after that HUGE dry patch we had after Spider's sticky BFP.

Juneau is due in January though,

I think there is a ton of reason to be very hopeful for the hopefuls! My RE was very discouraging about me getting PG on my own and it's happened twice in the last 6 months. What does she know, :0)

Still crampy though (I hate that) but AF did NOT arrive yesterday so there is that hurdle crossed anyway!

DDs 6th birthday party today. We invited a ton of kids because so many people are usually on vacation. This year every one of them accepted, aaahhhhh! Must be the price of gas!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#4 of 449 Old 07-12-2008, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Would love to add you to the BFP list, Karen. Keep us posted! Good luck!

AFM, I'm taking progesterone vaginally, and the last few nights I've been so warm, sweaty, etc. My temps in the middle of the night are 99.3, and this morning, same thing. I also felt crampy and nauseus last night / this a.m., but I'm sure it means *nothing*. I'm 8DPO. AF could be right around the corner, b/c my LP's are not usually very long.

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#5 of 449 Old 07-12-2008, 02:35 PM

Thanks for the new thread! Looks nice!

You can update me back to the beginning. AF has arrived and we're back to the drawing board. Thank you for all the support you've given me this past cycle, ladies... it means soooo much!

Here's hoping for more BFP's for July for the rest of you... I'm setting my sights on August! Hmmm... if I get pregnant this cycle, I'll get to be nauseous while I work at the fair. I wonder if popcorn and cotton candy are good for morning sickness?
#6 of 449 Old 07-12-2008, 02:53 PM

Thanks for the new thread MsGB It is nice to see where everyone is. WOW 30% that is awesome!!!!

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#7 of 449 Old 07-12-2008, 04:10 PM

MsGB Thanks for the new thread! I love having the list, that is a great addition.

Wow...6 out of 20....we are so awesome!! Can we send this to all the RE who tell us that we can't do it without them?

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!! I think so far today DH has forgotten...: I wonder how long it will take before someone clues him in. He is so absent minded sometimes! Good thing is all the kids are gone but my DD (17) who is not a problem at all, so it's nice and quiet around here. No teenage boys to make noise and disrupt my day!! They are off on a scout camping trip, but will be back sometime today. We did go golfing and to a birthday dinner last night with my Aunt and Uncle, who are our age and more like friends. I really suck at golfing.....but had fun laughing and teasing with everyone.

Erika I have obsessed with looking at pg charts of over 45....and obsessed with searching stories of women on the web. There are lots out there. I think that I will spend some more time today doing just that....

I'm excited for this coming week, which I hope to be my conception week! :

Toni Sorry....next cycle though?
#8 of 449 Old 07-12-2008, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

You guys, I feel so nauseous...(and I can't spell that word!) Yuck.

#9 of 449 Old 07-12-2008, 06:36 PM

MsGBs, that is quite a temp spike!

Toni, I am sorry about AF.

SunRise, how are you feeling?

Shelly, we had my DDs 6th birthday party in our backyard today, I am exhuasted. 14 kids! She is SUCH a Cancer, are you? My DH turns 40 next week.[

#10 of 449 Old 07-12-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post

Shelly, we had my DDs 6th birthday party in our backyard today, I am exhuasted. 14 kids! She is SUCH a Cancer, are you? My DH turns 40 next week.[

I'm not sure....I have never really read much about my horoscope. What are we supposed to be like? Happy Birthday for your DH! I know those kid's parties can be so much work...but I also remember having a lot of fun with planning and seeing the excitement in the kids. It's so easy to make them happy. Now with my teenagers parties I dread them, cause I have to always be on the watchout for someone trying to do something stupid.

MsGBSorry you are feeling so sick! Maybe some peppermint tea?
#11 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 12:39 AM

MsGB Hey, can we add all of our ages to that list of yours? That would really help me. Am I the oldest one here?
#12 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Still crampy though (I hate that) but AF did NOT arrive yesterday so there is that hurdle crossed anyway!
i was crampy for about 3 days pre bfp and for about 3-5 days after. that was one of the things that led me to believe i might be pregnant before i tested because i don't usually get cramps and even if i do never pre af, only on my heaviest day. try not to worry about the cramps. probably just your body adjusting to your new little seed!

erik and arthur's mommy
erika

41, 7wks3days via home insemination with kd
: : :
#13 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuwamare View Post
You can update me back to the beginning. AF has arrived and we're back to the drawing board.
well, looks like august then!!

erik and arthur's mommy
erika

#14 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoodbuns View Post
You guys, I feel so nauseous...(and I can't spell that word!) Yuck.
that makes two of us! that progesterone sounds *miserable*.

xoxox
erik and arthur's mommy
erika

#15 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Gals, send me your ages, and I will gladly add them to the list.

#16 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Gals, send me your ages, and I will gladly add them to the list.
i'm 41 (birthday 12-5-66) but my uterus doesn't look a day over 27.

erik and arthur's mommy
erika

#17 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the chuckle, Erika! Be careful what you say...
I just got back from a date with Peter, an Irish guy living in Boston. Had a great time...chatted for hours, then grabbed a bite at the Middle East (a very diverse crowd), where there was this awesome jazzy trio playing. Who knows if there's a future, but he was certainly good date material. Smart, successful, easy going, sociable. Took my mind off feeling yucky.

#18 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the chuckle, Erika! Be careful what you say...
I just got back from a date with Peter, an Irish guy living in Boston. Had a great time...chatted for hours, then grabbed a bite at the Middle East (a very diverse crowd), where there was this awesome jazzy trio playing. Who knows if there's a future, but he was certainly good date material. Smart, successful, easy going, sociable. Took my mind off feeling yucky.
sounds like a great night. almost makes me wish i hadn't developed an allergy to men. it's been so long since i had a fun date!

erik and arthur's mommy
erika

#19 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 03:12 AM

MsG, I'm glad you started the new thread. We needed to start fresh and bring new good karma and baby dust in a new thread.

I can't believe there are 6 of us! That's fantastic. And for those keeping stats, I'm 44. My birthday is in March so I'll still be 44 (barely) when The Boo-Boo's (as DD is calling them) arrive. At least Boo-Boo's is more unique than Thing 1 and Thing 2.
#20 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 03:28 AM

I'm 44. Are we keeping stats or something? LOL

I can't wait for the bleeding to be over so we can try again. Although I did treat myself today to a few new cloth pads. They are very soft, so it makes it a little more bearable.
#21 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That is nice to see all of us listed up front and the stats are great 30%!! Thanks for doing that.

I'm 41, will be 42.5 around due date.

Quote:
MsGBs, that is quite a temp spike!

Toni, I am sorry about AF.

SunRise, how are you feeling?

Shelly, we had my DDs 6th birthday party in our backyard today, I am exhuasted. 14 kids! She is SUCH a Cancer, are you? My DH turns 40 next week.
Besides heavy, tender boobs, which I have had since a few days after ovulation and a few pangs of nausea and cramps, I'm feeling ok. I'm just 6 weeks though and I didn't have many symptoms with my first...with the exception of an aversion to coffee.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#22 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 11:44 AM

I'm 45 But I feel like I'm 30 and act like I'm 20ish LOL

MsGB what a fun date. And Irish makes it all the better. Here's hoping he ends up having super potential. We lived in Ireland for 6 months a few years ago. I have a soft spot for the Irish. Holding my breath and watching your chart.

FF and Ovusoft moved my O date two days forward today. Timing wasn't great but I am not totally out of the game yet.

#23 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 01:37 PM

I've ordered some herbs and stuff to begin this cycle. They should be here in a couple of days since both companies are local. I got nettle, red raspberry leaf and red clover blossoms to make tea from, and I ordered some vitex tincture from another local herbalist. I knew I should have been drying raspberry leaves earlier this season, but I never got around to it. Now I had to buy them while our raspberry plants have plenty out there! Oh well. I'll have to re-read the info in my herb book on what I need to do once the herbs arrive.
#24 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 01:58 PM

I dreamt last night that I had twin boys. Not identical but they looked similar. We named one but were still deciding on a name for the other when we brought them both home. We didn't tell anyone baby number ones name.
I had dreamed it and then got up and fell back asleep and had another dream with them in it.
Strange. I am of course hoping it is one of those dreams that comes true.

MsGB when will you test?

#25 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post

FF and Ovusoft moved my O date two days forward today. Timing wasn't great but I am not totally out of the game yet.

I was watching your chart and I thought that CD9 didn't look right to me either.

My DH is being really sweet this cycle....staying very hopeful, making fun comments, making sure I stay still on my back after. I have a really good feeling about this cycle. Everything is lining up nicely. :
#26 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuwamare View Post
Thanks for the new thread! Looks nice!

You can update me back to the beginning. AF has arrived and we're back to the drawing board. Thank you for all the support you've given me this past cycle, ladies... it means soooo much!

Here's hoping for more BFP's for July for the rest of you... I'm setting my sights on August! Hmmm... if I get pregnant this cycle, I'll get to be nauseous while I work at the fair. I wonder if popcorn and cotton candy are good for morning sickness?
Me, too. AF showed last night, as expected. August is the month for us, Toni! Send good wishes to my dh, for him to be open to the possibility!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#27 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellBell62 View Post
MsGB Hey, can we add all of our ages to that list of yours? That would really help me. Am I the oldest one here?
Oh, you can add my age. I'm 40.

'tis so nice getting to know you all.

#28 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 04:49 PM

But my cm doesn't support cd11 as it did for cd9 ferning doesn't support it either so temps must be overriding everything.

#29 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 04:59 PM

I am 41 and will still be 41 when this baby is due (barely).

My boobs are a little sore and heavy and I'm pretty tired. But I did bike down to Bluesfest 9 nights in a row with the kids and DH and didn't get home before 11:30 at night and then got up and went to work where I ahve been super-swamped! I took a break last night, tonight is the last night.

I didn't have any symptoms in January. So hopefully this will turn out better.

#30 of 449 Old 07-13-2008, 05:52 PM

Bring on the symptoms, Veganmama! Sorry you're feeling nauseated, MsGB, but I hope it's just the beginning!

Sara, come join us, too, on the January thread!

I am 44 and will be 45 when this babe is born.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page