All of August 2 Week Wait!! (Name Changed; All August 2WWers Welcome!) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jaci- I have no cm to go by. Did clomid dry you up? I took an opk with fmu and it was almost positive. When I say almost positive because upon first look it appears positive as it is had to tell which line is darker. However, I use First Response OPK's and they normally give me a test line darker than the control line. I am going to test two or maybe even three times today. Probably just two depending on the result. This morning my dh and I bd and it hurt. It felt like my ovaries were being hit with a bat (LOL). I am now on cd 12.
#242 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 12:05 PM

Kellygirl:
I am CD13 so just hang in there i dont think that the clomid dried me up , but i have heard of that happening. I promise I was in the same boat with the BDing it hurt, hurt, hurt my DH ask me did I want him to stop. I haven't had that to happen this month yet so we will have to wait and see. I have told my Dh the other day we are going to stop trying in Dec. I am 32 DH 35 and after having two losses my body is wore out and I don't want it to take away from my DD who will be five in Sept. It already takes me away from her alot with the headaches and the emotional rollercoaster I just want to stay in the bed all day long, but I have to work. I am sooo drained after work that I really want o lay down and I have to make myself get up and get to moving. I am just ready to be pegnant or to let it go. I know that sounds awful.
#243 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I'm in panic mode trying to finish my thesis while on vacation with the kids and no H, so I haven't had a chance to read through this thread and contribute - sorry!!!

I just wanted to quickly say that (yay!) I ovulated the day H was here. He was here for two nights and it turned out to be perfect timing as you can see by my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/66110

So, hopefully I'll be seeing two lines (that stay this time) around August 10th.

Goodluck everyone!!
#244 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 12:59 PM

jaci- I just took another opk but did drink a half a can of 7-up and it appears a smidge darker than the control line. I bet on Thursday FMU I will get my positive on the opk. Last month I had three days of crystal clear positives. I think I am getting close. I have two children and the youngest is almost 3 but I am 38 years old and feel like I am in a pressure cooker. I am only giving myself one more year before I quit actively trying. I hate to think of all the money wasted on opks and hpts. However, I am going to stay positive and keep telling myself,"God will not mine".
#245 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygirl View Post
jaci- I just took another opk but did drink a half a can of 7-up and it appears a smidge darker than the control line. I bet on Thursday FMU I will get my positive on the opk. Last month I had three days of crystal clear positives. I think I am getting close. I have two children and the youngest is almost 3 but I am 38 years old and feel like I am in a pressure cooker. I am only giving myself one more year before I quit actively trying. I hate to think of all the money wasted on opks and hpts. However, I am going to stay positive and keep telling myself,"God will not mine".
Just a question but I thought FMU wasn't the best for OPKs???
#246 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 01:24 PM

[ I have two children and the youngest is almost 3 but I am 38 years old and feel like I am in a pressure cooker. I am only giving myself one more year before I quit actively trying. I hate to think of all the money wasted on opks and hpts. However, I am going to stay positive and keep telling myself,"God will not mine".[/QUOTE]

I am so glad to hear that someone else feels like I do. We are close to the same age ohhh thank you for sharing that it does inspire me. I so hop ethat this is our month tho and we dont have to go through the opks and hpts anymore. You are exactly right thats what I tell myself everyday GODs will not mine, so no use to obess over it...
#247 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so super nauseous today. I'm anywhere from 2 to 6 DPO (I don't temp). It's probably all in my head, but it keeps hitting me when I am totally engaged in other things (like at a meeting at work). I can't believe I have to wait 9 more days to test.
#248 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 02:45 PM

I'm out. Put me in the "depressed" section along with my husband. We really thought this was it.
#249 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 03:12 PM

Kayda'smom, sorry that you're out! There's always next month. :

I know I said I was going to test on Friday, but I'm going to do it tomorrow instead. I'm leaving tomorrow right after work for a little weekend trip. One of our best friends is getting married, and we're staying at his house for the weekend along with ALL of our other best friends. I'd rather not be testing while there's a line of people waiting to get into the bathroom.

I also have these fantasies of having good news for my husband when he picks me up at the airport tomorrow night (he's already at our friend's house). I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but I can't seem to help it. :

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#250 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 08:57 PM

jaci-I am not trying to obsess but I took another opk and it came back negative. I am at a complete loss. I wanted to let you know I have a 2 and a half year old. I got pregnant with her at 35 and gave birth at 36. Dont give up in December. You still have many good years. I was a bit down today but then I started to think about all the great things I have. I understand about the depression as I had postpartum really bad. I loved my daughter but I got really bad crying jags and evrything seemed hopeless. I never had the urge to ever hurt my baby but I picked on myself. "I was'nt a good enough mom to deserve such great kids'". It was awful. The depression did not go away until my daughter was about a year. Maybe your hormones are wrecking havoc on you. Keep your chin up.
#251 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 09:02 PM

Kayda's mom- Don't be upset. Now you can start fresh. Next month might be your month. Remember what I told you about August pregnancies -it gets us out of being pregnant next summer. Have a glass of wine and enjoy.::
#252 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 PM

Kayda's mom- You arent supposed to use FMU. However, I drink so much water during the day that it is always diluted. Also, my 2 year old still gets up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom so I very rarely get a good nights sleep. I did get a positive opk last month in the morning for three days. I used fmu starting a few days ago and it was negative. The positive test I got was so bright and dark it was unmistakable. I backed it up in the early afternoon and it was still positive. So go figure. However, I hate opks. They should be like pregnancy either theres a line or there isnt.
#253 of 793 Old 07-30-2008, 10:08 PM

Congrats to the BFPs!!!

I'm not feeling too confident this month. I'm having a really hard time w/ my CM and cervical change signs. We'll see...still have time I guess!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#254 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 03:02 AM

Well, we finished our TTC sex for this month yesterday now it's back to regular old non-baby-making sex, but honestly, i need a break as does my yoni. husband never gets enough though- i think for him more sex makes him want more sex .

I have a question about ovulation pains, if anyone would care to weigh in. This month my O pains were REALLY strong and happened twice in 2 days. Usually I get O pains for a couple of hours on one day (always day 14 of my cycle). I was telling a friend this and she said "oh! watch out for twins- that's a double egg release for sure!" Is this true???
I'm really hoping this could be our month...but I don't think I'm up for twins!

Anyone else heard of feeling two eggs pop out? And if two eggs pop out would you feel them separately at different times/days? Hmmm...

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#255 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 04:33 AM

I had a temp spike this morning!
A day early...but I think its all the EPO working in favour of better fertility/fab cm/longer LP....

Go eggy go!... :
My very first official 2WW!!!
:

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#256 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
I had a temp spike this morning!
A day early...but I think its all the EPO working in favour of better fertility/fab cm/longer LP....

Go eggy go!... :
My very first official 2WW!!!
:
Looking great, Ann! I just have to say that I am totally envious of your CM. I've got to get me some EPO!
#257 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 09:06 AM

Good luck, Ann! :

I can't believe I'm only 5 DPO. The wait is killing me, srsly.

For those of you already past O, or in general:

Do you share possible pregnancy symptoms with DH? I've been trying not to this month, because it seems like every time I say "I think I'm pregnant"...then I'm not (even when we were TTA w/ FAM). He knows my boobs have been hurting, but that is normal post-O/pre-AF for me. Thoughts? Do you keep symptoms a secret until you know for sure one way or the other?

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#258 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicewyf View Post
Do you share possible pregnancy symptoms with DH? I've been trying not to this month, because it seems like every time I say "I think I'm pregnant"...then I'm not (even when we were TTA w/ FAM). He knows my boobs have been hurting, but that is normal post-O/pre-AF for me. Thoughts? Do you keep symptoms a secret until you know for sure one way or the other?
I was thinking about this last night, I had really strange "cramps" they didn't hurt, they were just feelings like a kitten rolled over on my uterus. Anyways, I though about telling DH "I feel something, it could be a baby, it could be a fart" But I decided to just say "My belly is wiggly" that way I've marked my spot if we are PG (ie "remember when I said my belly was wiggly?") If not and it is indeed just a fart, I don't get him all hopped up about nothing. (DH is like a jack-russell terrier, VERY easily hopped up

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#259 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 AM

Hi Everone!! I got a BFP this morning!! I have been obsessively testing and I thought I was seeing lines yesterday, but wasn't sure if they were evap lines or not because they weren't showing up right away. Today I used FMU and got that second line on two tests (they were faint lines, but still lines!!). I am just so happy right now. I'm going to try posting a picture. It's very faint, but hopefully you can see it too!!::::

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...0731080806.jpg

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#260 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 10:20 AM

I see it michanders!!!! WOOHOO! CONGRATS!

::::

ETA: How many DPO are you?

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#261 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 10:39 AM

I see it, Michanders! CONGRATS!

Whooo HOOOOOO!

Carol
Momma to Patrick (8) Corey (7) Lilah- My UBA2C (11 months)
#262 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 10:47 AM

I am 12 DPO today!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
#263 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 11:35 AM

Michander4- I am so happy for you.:
#264 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 11:44 AM

Jaci- My opk line today was as dark as the control line. However last month it was way darker. I am still not going to count as a positive but I think maybe it will be positve on Friday. We bd this morning and I used the poor man's iui (instead cup). I am on cd 13 so the clomid has definately pushed back my ovulation. I am hoping to get a positve soon. I was not as dry this morning I think it was left overs from yesterday (tmi). How are you doing? I am praying for you. I cant explain it but I just feel you are going to get pregnant when you least expect it. I was feeling down today so I am going to do something fun and get my hair cut and maybe a pedi. I am going to force myself to stay positive.
#265 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda_z View Post
Looking great, Ann! I just have to say that I am totally envious of your CM. I've got to get me some EPO!
I know!!!..the EPO is fab!!! hehe

But - you should stop taking it when you O because it causes cramping which can prevent implantation. Im on the omegas (veggie - sea buckthorn oil? lol) now which have the same oils and effectively work like EPO but without the cause of cramping.

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#266 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 PM

Ann: Okay, I'm going to get me some EPO if I don't get a BFP this cycle. I am just on the edge of ovulating, so I think it's too late to start taking the EPO supplement this cycle? Is that right? I'm taking fish oil and have been for months now, but I guess it doesn't affect the CM production?

Michanders: I am soooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!
#267 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 PM

Kellygirl: I also got a darkline last night so we are right there with each other. Keep your head up I am in the same place. It is all in his time, remember that. I am excited you are ovulating right there with me so we should be able to test the same day. I am really going to try to hols off until 10 dpo but i am not making any promises to anyone. We BD last night and it was a little painful, we will probally BD again tonight, and the next night. Haha my poor dh will be so tired of bding that he will leave me alone for the rest of the month. (or atleast thats my plan) For some odd reason I am soo mellow this month, but I am in the dreaded TWW either. I am also praying for you and I said alittle prayer for everyone on the forum. I wish God would send us a miracle and all of us be pregnant this month, that would show his power. Well iv rambled too much gotta go back to work. Keep that head up KElly and tell ur self this is ur month.......:
#268 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the DPO info, michanders. I am trying to decide when to test!! Ugh, I hate suspense!

I am SOOOOO happy for you!!!::

#269 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 12:52 PM

Alice - how many DPO are you? I started testing at like 7 or 8, but knew I wouldn't see anything then. So I kept on testing everyday anyway! I would wait until you are at least 12DPO. Do you have any symptoms?

#270 of 793 Old 07-31-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Alice - how many DPO are you? I started testing at like 7 or 8, but knew I wouldn't see anything then. So I kept on testing everyday anyway! I would wait until you are at least 12DPO. Do you have any symptoms?
Which test did you use?

And congratulations!!!! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page