Nursing Mamas TTC in AUGUST! (thread clean-up month) - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2008, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I am new- DS is 6 months and waiting for the 1st egg here! Nursing on demand and multiple times at night still. Had issues with o'ing prior to DS and so starting to temp and check CF and signs to see if I will o or not on my own. doubtful, but hoping!

i have a DD, 18 months, adopted from Ethiopia and DS was a surprise. I love having the kids close together, so we would love to try again. It took 3 years for DS to come along, so let's hope for o'ing on my own- REGULARLY!

Good luck ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

goin' green~ : hug

LizzyQ~

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 08-18-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelbelle View Post
So I'm thinking (after studying this thread!) I need B6 + Vitex, anything else you think might help? is it common to have a short LP on you first cycle?
Instead of B6, think about taking a B complex. I think it's supposed to help get the B6 absorbed better. Also, maybe vitamin C and fish oil. My midwife (and cupuncturist) also recommended "Pregnancy Prep" by Vitanica.

My LP was anywhere from 4-11 days after AF returned. Usually 7-9. I had 7 PP cycles and now we have a BFP Praying it's sticky!

Good luck!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica3674 View Post
Instead of B6, think about taking a B complex. I think it's supposed to help get the B6 absorbed better. Also, maybe vitamin C and fish oil. My midwife (and cupuncturist) also recommended "Pregnancy Prep" by Vitanica.

My LP was anywhere from 4-11 days after AF returned. Usually 7-9. I had 7 PP cycles and now we have a BFP Praying it's sticky!

Good luck!
Congratulations!! :
Old 08-18-2008, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie143 View Post
ZtoA how old is your babe? and how often do they feed at night? i tried the no cry sleep solution but if i dont give my son 'ice' (which is his word for milk... ice or boo) then he'll cry.. i dunno why but he seems to take it as a sign of rejection.. it hurts his heart... and i KNOW i can get him through most of the day with only 1 or two feeds.... the time he needs it MOST is at night... I have finally come to terms with the fact that every child is different with different needs.. his nighttime needs are a bit more than others lol

i just hope it wont be too hard to get preggies
Natalie - My son is 24 months old and still capable of all night nursing if he is upset or sick. In fact, we just went through two almost sleepless nights. Like you, I respond to my son's personality (sensitive) and needs more than any rules or books. The good news is that he seems to be developing into a secure, independent person - when he isn't glued to my boob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelbelle View Post

So I'm thinking (after studying this thread!) I need B6 + Vitex, anything else you think might help? is it common to have a short LP on you first cycle?
bethelbelle - For me, B6 100 started at cd1 and natural progesterone cream started at 3 dpo did the trick. I know they worked b/c I did a test cycle without them, and my LP went down two days and then back up when I used them again. Vitex made me feel awful, but it works for lots of ppl. GL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin' green View Post

She's here.

Please move me to waiting to O??
goingreen and LizzyQ - I'm sorry.

monica - Congratulations!

AFM - Testing tomorrow. DS has been nursing a lot (we think he's getting his molars), so I've only had a few hours sleep the last two nights, but temps were very high. I hope they count. *fingers crossed* Will report back tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:55 AM

thanks ladies, you are all so helpful!
epo, vitex, b vits - what are these vitamins for? I currently take
a preg multivit
calcium
mumomega(which is a pregnancy/breastfeeding omega 3 and 6.. and 6 on my box says virgin evening primrose oil)..
am i supposed to be taking extra folic acid on the side? is this enough EPO? what is vitex? i have a bcomplex vitamin at home but i didnt wanna overdose and i heard that it makes the milk taste different, any experience on that?

What time of day do you guys do ovulation tests? and do you test when you think you're nearing ovulation? or right from the end of your period till ovulatioN?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:37 AM

UGH, CD20 and still no O and no +opk (I'm beginning to distrust them..... grr).
Sigh, maybe a watched ovary doesn't "o" ?
I'm still low on the EWCM too, regardless of my EPO intake and H2O intake. *sigh...

Catherine and B stillheart.gif DS1 (6) biggrinbounce.gif DD (4) loveeyes.gif DS2 (1) drool.gif and expecting #4 shamrocksmile.gif on March 17, 2014.  
Old 08-18-2008, 09:46 AM

It's 11 dpo, took a test and got a BFN.
I'm hoping it's just too early
Old 08-18-2008, 10:22 AM

Lizzy and goingreen, so sorry the ugly AF has shown her face! Thinking of you both.

Quetinha, You have pelnty of time for a BFP!! 11dpo is early, so don't worry!

AFM, yet another BFN this morning. I changed my settings to FF Advanced from FAM, and this pushed my O date one day later. So today I am at 14dpo again. Anybody have any thoughts?? Am I crazy?? Is this real?? I thought by 14 or 15dpo I would either have AF or BFP...
Has anyone ever had sure signs of Oing, but actually didn't O? Is that possible?

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:45 AM

back up this morning. go figure.

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09
Old 08-18-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
Lizzy and goingreen, so sorry the ugly AF has shown her face! Thinking of you both.

AFM, yet another BFN this morning. I changed my settings to FF Advanced from FAM, and this pushed my O date one day later. So today I am at 14dpo again. Anybody have any thoughts?? Am I crazy?? Is this real?? I thought by 14 or 15dpo I would either have AF or BFP...
Has anyone ever had sure signs of Oing, but actually didn't O? Is that possible?
what is your ave. lp?

Old 08-18-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezehead View Post
what is your ave. lp?
I have NO IDEA!! This is my first PP O, and I never charted before I got pg with DD. I read it is very rare to have an LP over 16 days, so I guess I'll know pretty soon...

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

Old 08-18-2008, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

peanutbuttercup and freezehead - those dips and rebounds are crazy! Hoping for some BFPs soon from you two!

treehugginmama, goin'green, LizzyQ - Sorry, mamas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensgirl1222 View Post
Does my chart look like I def O'd?
I'd say so!

Quote:
why cant they just sell OPK's in packs of like 30 or 21.. so that we can test everyday of our cycle (
30? Ha! I buy them in 100s from Babywishes.org. Cheap and have always been accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
It is odd to me that my body is being so different this time. yk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
ok here is the most pathic reason i want to be preggo NOW.

Each year I get for our family a decoration with the year and all our names on it ....

I really want to get one for Christmas 2008 that says DH, Aimee, Theodore, Charles and EDD ?-??-2009

How silly is THAT.
No sillier than me being thrilled when I was pg in Feb because I'd have a big belly for summer. I've only been big inthe fall/winter and this is my last chance for a bikini belly! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustysSweety03 View Post

Trying to stay +....

14dpo and temp went up this morning
Going by my previous chart with Ovulation
on cd19 i should had started to spot on 12dpo and got AF on 13dpo.

Untouched

Adjusted hue/saturation a smidge then turned negative

Weird. I'm having a hard time seeing things on your pics. I believe you if say there's something there. Have you tried a real test like FRER or Answer? They have alot more dye than ICs. I had those super-light-won't-get-darker ICs with my chemicals (whereas my pg with DS got darker in a couple days) but the expensive tests always showed a good line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
So hello all just waiting to ONOW SO i CAN GIVE IT A GO!
Welcome back, ohiomommy1122! Good guess on the AF date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiller View Post
Hi! I am new- DS is 6 months and waiting for the 1st egg here! Nursing on demand and multiple times at night still. Had issues with o'ing prior to DS and so starting to temp and check CF and signs to see if I will o or not on my own. doubtful, but hoping!

i have a DD, 18 months, adopted from Ethiopia and DS was a surprise. I love having the kids close together, so we would love to try again. It took 3 years for DS to come along, so let's hope for o'ing on my own- REGULARLY!

Good luck ladies!
Welcome, gmiller! What a story! I know another mama with an adopted DC and bio DC within 4 months of each other. Like twins but not.

Good luck, you two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica3674 View Post
I had 7 PP cycles and now we have a BFP Praying it's sticky!
Well, that was a sneaky way to announce it! I almost missed it! : Yay!!!! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZtoA View Post
AFM - Testing tomorrow. DS has been nursing a lot (we think he's getting his molars), so I've only had a few hours sleep the last two nights, but temps were very high. I hope they count. *fingers crossed* Will report back tomorrow.
Oooh! Good luck!!

AFM - We had a nice relaxing weekend which is ususual and good for us. "AF" is still here. : I know this isn't a totally normal one, but does it have to be so long? It's really amazing to me how hormones affect my outlook. When AF comes (or a m/c happens), I get so down - try to convince DH that we're done, etc. Then about 3 days into my cycle I get so positive that this is the cycle. That's where I am right now. It helps that I had a dream the other night about a sweet newborn baby boy. It was something about going into the room to get him and couldn't find him. Then I realized that he had wiggled into a slit in a pillow (you know how dreams are...) so I pulled him out and snuggled his hot little body in my arms. The weight was so real. What a nice dream.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:34 PM

Please move me to waiting to o. Only a 7 day LP this time. So now that is 5 days, 9 days and 7 days.

I took B100 complex in my LP this past cycle, but I think I will take it all cycle this next time.

Anyone have any insight into if nursing more before o causes our LP to be shorter? Or is it the nursing after o? We've been going through a rough patch again with sleep, so I know we have been nursing a lot more at night, but still getting a 5-6 hour window of not nursing. However, during the day, I'm lucky to get even a 2 hour window of not nursing. My DD is almost 22 months old but has severe food allergies, so I know she is getting a lot of her nutrition from breastmilk. She's also a picky eater so getting her to eat a real meal is a challenge!

Good luck to those still in the TWW!

Jen ~ DD1 (10/2006) ~ DD2 (9/2009) ~ DD3 (6/2012)
Old 08-18-2008, 05:37 PM

Please Move Me To Waiting To O

Ended up being a chemical, i started to bleed later in the day not much but then it was full force during the night

I did test with a FRER at 11dpo....saturation tweaked a little negative view

Fingers Crossed for everyone that is still in the 2WW.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 08-18-2008, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Ended up being a chemical, i started to bleed later in the day not much but then it was full force during the night
So sorry, mama! I've certainly BTDT and it really sucks. I wondered if that's what was going on with the ICs staying so light. Well, they say we'll be really fertile this cycle...
Old 08-18-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
So sorry, mama! I've certainly BTDT and it really sucks. I wondered if that's what was going on with the ICs staying so light. Well, they say we'll be really fertile this cycle...
hopefully we'll both catch the eggie again this cycle

Old 08-18-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Heh. I think I can top that. I have been figuring out what astrological signs work best for our family and actually didn't try very hard one month b/c the sign was wrong for us. I know it's silly, but I couldn't help myself.

My Z has been nursing all night long again. I temped this morning after one and a half hours of sleep. But the temp was very high! Curious what tomorrow will bring. Not getting my hopes up yet, b/c I am only at 8/9 dpo (ff says 9, ovusoft says 8). Oh and yesterday I felt a pain that reminded me of ovulation pain. I'm hoping it was implantation. Still not sure if I can carry a pregnancy though with my short lp.
Before I knew getting pregnant would be a problem for me this time I was planning it around ski season.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Old 08-18-2008, 06:33 PM

Okay, I'm late in the game adding myself in here but please add me to waiting to be ready.

DD is 16.5 months and still nurses 8ish times in 24 hours (3-4 of those at night). I've had cycle-like body changes since February but no AF yet. I doubt I've ovulated yet -- I just had bloodwork done for my endocrinologist (I have PCOS) and my progesterone level was in the POST MENOPAUSAL range. I had a mini-breakdown when I saw that, thinking I would never have another baby. My pg levels are just low from nursing.

Anyways, I'm going to hunt down my thermometer and start charting in the morning.

Any hints, tips? Can I use Vitex to jump start things? I don't want to take anything that might DECREASE my milk supply...

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)
Old 08-18-2008, 08:34 PM

PBCup, I added CP to my charting, and I believe it really is helping. Thanks for the tips! I am almost positive I just O'd, but my temp has yet to do anything to indicate. All the other signs are there. But we couldn't try because my dalliance with maca gave me a herpes outbreak. Grrr. : But I am OK with it, this is my first full cycle PP, and I am re-learning all my body's signals. Trying to take it easy...

The book you asked about is from the Catholic Church, and published by them I think? It's "The Creighton Model FertilityCare System" They do only CM, and it worked great for us, I have charts going back to '00. I really liked the level of detail with the CM. And we conceived right away when we were ready, which I attribute to blind luck AND knowing my body really well. I went back and looked at my charts from before DS and learned a lot over the weekend about my body's (former) patterns. Hopefully they will be useful this time. Esp. because on top of it all I want to try for a girl.: so I'm willing to observe for a month and get some idea what my O pattern is...

catters, I don't know how far PP you are, but looks like I warmed up to O twice this month and finally (maybe) did around CD34?? if thats encouraging at all.

dustysweety...goin'green, lizzyQ, treehugginmama

Freezehead and PBcup :

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
thanks ladies, you are all so helpful!
epo, vitex, b vits - what are these vitamins for? I currently take
a preg multivit
calcium
What time of day do you guys do ovulation tests? and do you test when you think you're nearing ovulation? or right from the end of your period till ovulatioN?
Nataiie - I can only answer a few of these: vitex is supposed to regulate the hormones, b6 to lengthen the LP. I used opks in the late afternoon, at first every day post AF, but as my cycles grew more regular, I waited till about a week in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetinha View Post
It's 11 dpo, took a test and got a BFN.
I'm hoping it's just too early
11 dpo is really early. Hoping you still get your BFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post

pbcup - I had a few fake o's before the real thing. Also, I have heard of women who didn't get a BFP till 18 days, for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezehead View Post
back up this morning. go figure.
Looks good, I think!

Quote:

AFM - We had a nice relaxing weekend which is ususual and good for us. "AF" is still here. : I know this isn't a totally normal one, but does it have to be so long? It's really amazing to me how hormones affect my outlook. When AF comes (or a m/c happens), I get so down - try to convince DH that we're done, etc. Then about 3 days into my cycle I get so positive that this is the cycle. That's where I am right now. It helps that I had a dream the other night about a sweet newborn baby boy. It was something about going into the room to get him and couldn't find him. Then I realized that he had wiggled into a slit in a pillow (you know how dreams are...) so I pulled him out and snuggled his hot little body in my arms. The weight was so real. What a nice dream.
because - I hope your dream comes true soon.

Quote:

I'm really sorry to hear that. At least it explains the weird test results. Fingers crossed for a super fertile next cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Haley View Post

Any hints, tips? Can I use Vitex to jump start things? I don't want to take anything that might DECREASE my milk supply...
Hi. Welcome! Vitex is supposed to be ok if you have an established milk supply, but I can't attest to that since I had terrible reactions to it and dropped it immediately.

AFM - My temps dropped so much today that I didn't even bother testing. This was such a promising cycle that I'm completely discouraged. I'm concluding that I am one the women who is not able to nurse and get pg, possibly b/c I am 39. I think if AF shows I may give up on TTC b/c Z is not even close to weaning, and I'm not going to force him.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:22 PM

ZtoA: Was your fake O complete with temp rise and fertile cm and everything?? If so, I am convinced that it what I have right now.
I would feel so much better just to be at peace with it. But when AF doesn't show, I feel there is still hope, then I POAS, then I evaluate everything again...ughhh! The worst! A never ending cycle!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:52 PM

with the POAS O tests -- I got 50 for 20 bucks. dipstick kind. We used them the whole 6 months we were TTC DS2.

I would start on CD 7 or 8 ... I would POAS in teh morning (the whole FMU logic)... starting CD 14 I wold do it am and pm ... untill I got O.

2 differnt months I got my first POS on an evening POAS .. thus alaerting to teh LH surge 12 hours faster than if i had only POAS in teh mornings. not that it really matters THAT much.

for what it is worth -- i did NOT tmep at all -- i charted CM and POAS O tests only .... I was spot on with my conecption date. I went to the OB and told him 11 weeks and 3 days, he listen to my charting and logice, we did an US and I was right on with the US, and he agreeed with my logic.

I Oed on CD 18 the cycle we caught the eggie. I Oed on CD 17, 16 or 18 each month we were TTC

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 08-19-2008, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Haley View Post
Okay, I'm late in the game adding myself in here but please add me to waiting to be ready.
Welcome! I hope your stay here is short. I'm sorry that you had startling hormone results. I hope it is related to breastfeeding and you get pg easily when the time is right!

Quote:
AFM - My temps dropped so much today that I didn't even bother testing. This was such a promising cycle that I'm completely discouraged. I'm concluding that I am one the women who is not able to nurse and get pg, possibly b/c I am 39. I think if AF shows I may give up on TTC b/c Z is not even close to weaning, and I'm not going to force him.
I was sure for a while that I couldn't get pg while breastfeeding because I just didn't have a cycle for well over 2 years each time. It's such a terrible place to be to want a child so badly but also not want to do anything to take away from a child you already have. Have you had any other testing done? Since time is a factor for you, it might be helpful to know how your hormones (progesterone, thyroid) are.

peanutbuttercup, are your sig pics new? I've never clicked them before. You and your family are so incredibly cute!
Old 08-19-2008, 01:39 AM

Anyone wanna check out my chart? my temps are whack... not sure what is going on. either it is being we are still night nursing, or just annovulation?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/223b10

also, i started trying to chart my CF, but stopped cause i felt like i wasnt judging it correctly. a little confused because on the days it seemed really eggwhite/creamy, but after reading things and books, it doesnt make sense. so... anyways. oh, and FTR, the bleeding was the first PPAF, and was extremely light in comparison to a typical period.

--- should i be taking anything like vitex or B6 to get things regulated?

TIA!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:27 AM

Hi everyone,
I need to change my regular temping time of 6.30 am to 4am because during my ovulation period this month i will be FASTING thus waking up for an early breakfast at 4 before going back to sleep. I wont have 3 consecutive hours of sleep. because i am breastfeeding i rarely get 3 hours of sleep but in those times i dont get out of bed, just roll over..feed.. back to sleep.
I just finished my period yesterday so today was the first day of no spotting or anything.
I temped this morning at about 5am with a temp of 97.07(i think.. but for some reason my thermometer is not showing my recent past temps... it shows temps from a long time ago)...
I temped at 7.40am and it was 97.38...

I have been temping through my AF generally around 6.30... would it be a waste to change my temp time now or can i do it asap.. what temp do i then use today?

also how do i go about making this change in FF?

what time do you guys temp?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I need to change my regular temping time of 6.30 am to 4am because during my ovulation period this month i will be FASTING thus waking up for an early breakfast at 4 before going back to sleep. I wont have 3 consecutive hours of sleep. because i am breastfeeding i rarely get 3 hours of sleep but in those times i dont get out of bed, just roll over..feed.. back to sleep.
I just finished my period yesterday so today was the first day of no spotting or anything.
I temped this morning at about 5am with a temp of 97.07(i think.. but for some reason my thermometer is not showing my recent past temps... it shows temps from a long time ago)...
I temped at 7.40am and it was 97.38...

I have been temping through my AF generally around 6.30... would it be a waste to change my temp time now or can i do it asap.. what temp do i then use today?

also how do i go about making this change in FF?

what time do you guys temp?
I don't think it would be a waste of time to change your temp taking time at all. As long as you are aware of it when comparing it to temps during your period...As for FF, there is a temperature corrector under data, and you can use it to correct your temps that you took during AF. Then you can change your default time to 4am in the box where you put in your temp each morning.
It is definitely fixable. I wouldn't worry about things being off, as long as you have about a week to figure out where your pre-o temps really should be!
Good luck!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
peanutbuttercup, are your sig pics new? I've never clicked them before. You and your family are so incredibly cute!
They are new! I finally uploaded some stuff to photobucket so I could share! Thanks for the compliment. I love them both so much!! Now I just have to get a pic of my doggie up there, but she is a spaz and rarely holds still for photos.

No POAS today for me. Another huge temp drop and terrible cramps again. My daughter didn't sleep again, so neither did I (nursed about 6 times last night), but I really just don't feel it is a factor. I feel I got the sign I asked for this morning with that huge temp drop, so I am just waiting for AF. I've been getting false alarms all morning - just waiting for the real deal. It's kind of exciting - my first one PP!!! Now we can really get to baby-making business!

Old 08-19-2008, 11:23 AM

still up this am but having the gut feeling that if i poas i would end up with the same negative result.

which brings me to my next question: does your luteal phase remain consistant over the years? based on my numbers from my last chartable cycles (which believe it or not were 6, nearly 7 years ago due to pregnancy and extended bf-ing) my lp was typically 11 but never longer than 12 days. would it be safe to assume that this should still be the case or cold that potentially change with having had 2 kids and now being on synthroid (not to mention age)?

Old 08-19-2008, 12:35 PM

hey folks, i havent been very active in this thread but i wondered if anyone had any insight into what my body is doing! my son is almost 27 months and i still have not had PPAF. about a week ago i saw EWCM for the first time in years, so husband and i took advantage of the situation that was last saturday and sunday (the 9th and 10th). this past weekend on sunday night i got the worst cramps just after lunch time. ive been feeling little twinges lately, but this felt like actual period cramps, so much so that i found some old pads in the back of the medicine closet and wore one to bed for the first time in almost three years and i actually considered tylenol and the heating pad. woke up yesterday morning and nothing. so WTH? i cant believe that i got cramps like that and didnt get my period. very confused.

User Tag List