Nursing Mamas TTC in AUGUST! (thread clean-up month) - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-21-2008, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My longest cycle ever - 59 days. AF showed up so I can move to Waiting to O once again :

Good luck to all of you in the 2WW, I'll continue looking for success stories!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 03:51 PM

Hi Everyone...I haven't posted in a while but I've been checking in. I'm still waiting to O : I started with Vitex but quit after a few days because I was worried about losing milk supply. I am taking a B-50 supplement which I may up to a B-100.
My first PP cycle was 28 days but I O'd on CD 19 so LP was too short. I am now on CD 16 and still haven't O'd ...although I have had EWCM for 7 days now. DS is nursing more than ever at night now-- I think he might be starting on his 2 year old molars :

Question- for those that had short LPs and late O while nursing- when you got your LP to lengthen (just by time, vitamins, vitex etc.) did you find that your O moved sooner or that your cycle just lasted longer?

Thanks!

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
Old 08-21-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail_b View Post
Hi Everyone...I haven't posted in a while but I've been checking in. I'm still waiting to O : I started with Vitex but quit after a few days because I was worried about losing milk supply. I am taking a B-50 supplement which I may up to a B-100.
My first PP cycle was 28 days but I O'd on CD 19 so LP was too short. I am now on CD 16 and still haven't O'd ...although I have had EWCM for 7 days now. DS is nursing more than ever at night now-- I think he might be starting on his 2 year old molars :

Question- for those that had short LPs and late O while nursing- when you got your LP to lengthen (just by time, vitamins, vitex etc.) did you find that your O moved sooner or that your cycle just lasted longer?

Thanks!
I know i got preggo with CA with O on CD 17 abd a LP of 10 days.,...

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 08-21-2008, 07:10 PM

Hi there everybody!
I guess we are joining the club. The last few months we have been not avoiding but I think this is the first month we are willing to say we are trying and yet I don't really want a summer babe....oh well
I guess we will just see what we get. I think I will ovulate around the 30th of August.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:22 PM

: Freezehead - congrats - that's great news...here's to a wonderful 9 months.

peanutbuttercup- great news on your first PPAF - that's an excellent sign!

because, I've changed my username from redngreenmama to this one, sorry for the confusion ( trying to keep myself busy waiting for eggie! ).

Well, I am not sure what it going on with my body. I got a new BBT ( I just used a regualr one before) as my temps were always the same (36.4). I started vitex, b vits, epo and mutlivits and recently had tons of ewcm ( very exciting as I was dry up until recently) and then creamy. Sorry tmi. But still no sign of a thermal shift. I felt sure I was going to get a thermal shift this week or get my period though had all the signs including cramps. Then this morning my temp dropped slightly to 36.22 and I have had very light spotting yesterday and today but has not developed into AF :

I know it's early to expect a regular cycle or o or pg at this point but I just want to figure out what's going on.....here is my chart.http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d4c1

PS how do you put a link to your chart in the sig logo thingy? I can't figure it out for the life of me

Old 08-21-2008, 07:23 PM

Natalie, I just ordered my OPK tests from babywishes.org and they had a banner that they ship internationally. rates seemed reasonable if I recall correctly...

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:25 PM

Anyone having probs with FF. I entered my temp this morning but I was entering other data but it does not want to show up (BD and CF)?

Thanks, LM

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
Old 08-22-2008, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome, wobit and AbiSolsticebaby! We're glad to have you!

updated to here
Old 08-22-2008, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, hey, wobit - where do you want to be on the list?

We have a variety of fine choices: 1.) waiting to be ready [to try to conceive] although it sounds like you've made up your mind. 2.) trying to catch the first post-partum egg for those who have not yet starting cycling after having their last child. 3.) wating to ovulate. 4.) The Two Week Wait for those who have alread ovulated and are just waiting to find out if this is the cycle.

What would the lady like this evening? :
Old 08-22-2008, 02:31 AM

please move me to 2ww

i think the acupuncture has done it for me. either i had implantation cramps yesterday and the night beofre that or af is finally going to arrive. either way, i'm happy

good luck to all the mamas!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 04:53 AM

for those babies that still wake up at night:
my son has always been a bad sleeper but for 4 nights in a row he was waking up and dreamfeeding most of the night... (except for maybe one hour ALL night)... i read online somewhere that MAGNESIUM sometimes makes them hyper... i realised that since i take my vitamins at night before i sleep.. this could be causing these new extra night wakings...
i take 2 calcium tablets with MAGNESIUM at night..(as well as preg vit, mumomega)
so last night i didnt take the calcium and really he slept A LOT better... maybe woke up 2 times... ill take calcium in the morning now..
Old 08-22-2008, 08:31 AM

Thanks for adding me to the list, because!

I'm trying to catch the first post partum egg. Yup, you got it right, actively trying. I have no symptoms of my cycle yet, I feel like we are nightnursing more than ever... I will be avidly reading up on mamas who adjusted their nursing schedule to get their cycle back. Starting in Sept I will have a more humane school schedule, and I will be able to spend more cuddly time with my girl during daylight. Then I'll start to try to discourage night nursing and we'll see if it helps!

full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to 2 homebirthed, cloth diapered, tandem breastfed kiddos. 
Old 08-22-2008, 12:11 PM

Hello, I am new to this board, but not to MDC. I am actively trying to get my hubby on the same page as me as for when we will start TTC. I have been ready for a couple of months now and would like to catch that first egg. Still no period. I just tested this morning with a BFN, but have all the symptoms of being pregnant all the way down to the leg cramps at night. Maybe my body is just getting ready to have it's first period? Anyways, I think we might start actively trying in a month or two. Just wanted to say, hi, to everyone and start posting some support out there to my fellow mommas!
Old 08-22-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegokristi View Post
Hello, I am new to this board, but not to MDC. I am actively trying to get my hubby on the same page as me as for when we will start TTC. I have been ready for a couple of months now and would like to catch that first egg. Still no period. I just tested this morning with a BFN, but have all the symptoms of being pregnant all the way down to the leg cramps at night. Maybe my body is just getting ready to have it's first period? Anyways, I think we might start actively trying in a month or two. Just wanted to say, hi, to everyone and start posting some support out there to my fellow mommas!
HI

its ME

HI

::::

-- you are a Nov 07 momma aren't you? --- without your siggy I can't be 100% sure, but i really really really think so

AS for still feeling preggo -- I do not know how active youa dn Dh are .. but you COULD be preggo and just not far enough along to the test to show up .. with out an PPAF it is soooooo tough to know when that eggie was released (if it was) to met the sperm. yk?

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 08-22-2008, 12:50 PM

Hi Aimee!! Yes it's me, I just have not posted this in our group yet. I am so glad to see you over hear, but I hope you don't have a long stay!

I am keeping up some home hope, but trying to keep myself in check as I have not had the ppaf and have no idea what is going on.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:08 PM

Hi everyone,
Just had a quick question about OPKs...I am looking to buy a bunch for the next couple months. On average, how many do you think I'll need per cycle? Also, of the ones listed on babywishes.org, which one would you recommend? When after AF do you start using them? Is it when you start to see signs of fertile cm??
Thanks a lot!

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
Hi everyone,
Just had a quick question about OPKs...I am looking to buy a bunch for the next couple months. On average, how many do you think I'll need per cycle? Also, of the ones listed on babywishes.org, which one would you recommend? When after AF do you start using them? Is it when you start to see signs of fertile cm??
Thanks a lot!
Depends on your cycle. I have predictable cycles and caught my LH surge within 3 days. But when my O was delayed once due to fertility meds, I went through a pack and a half (I think like, 20 sticks). So it depends on the person.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Depends on your cycle. I have predictable cycles and caught my LH surge within 3 days. But when my O was delayed once due to fertility meds, I went through a pack and a half (I think like, 20 sticks). So it depends on the person.
Ha! I just PMed you to ask you those questions!! Sorry for the cross! Thanks for the info.

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

Old 08-22-2008, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegokristi View Post
Welcome! I'll put you in the Waiting category. When you start TTC in a month or two, just say the word. OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobit View Post
Thanks for adding me to the list, because!
Alright! You're in!

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Thanks a lot!
I get the green-handled dip stick ones in packs of 100. I've used between 7 and 40 trying to detect a single ovulation. Now, I start using them at any sign of fertile CM or about CD12, whichever comes first. Grab a few blue-handled dip-stick HPTs while you're there. They're cheap and reliable.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:34 PM

Thanks because!

Old 08-23-2008, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Please remove me from the july success stories. I`ve lost my baby.. thank you.

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
Old 08-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katica View Post

Words cannot express how sorry I am. I've been there, mama.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Katica, so sorry to hear this. I've also been there.Thinking of you and sending you s

Old 08-23-2008, 02:08 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself. for your lost babe.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:51 AM

Quote:

may time bring you peace, mama. i'm sorry for your loss. :
Old 08-23-2008, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
posting so I'm not deleted! Still waiting for that dang pp egg. I frequently have what feels like O pains, some subtle, some pretty strong, and have a good amount of cm regularly. I've tried to talk to and reason with my ovaries, but they're just not waking up. Working on slow, gentle, night weaning. Problem is, I deliberately keep my bra cups closed at night, and when she wakes I let her have it for a min or so, then pop her off and cuddle her to sleep. She's not thrilled with this set up, but is accepting enough. We'll repeat that twice or so in the beginning of the night, yet in the morning I wake up and BOTH cups are open, with a little boobie barnacle attached. I'm apparently my own worst nightweaning enemy and letting her have unlimited access in my sleep.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 08-23-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Im so sorry

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
Old 08-23-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Thanks a lot!

I started POAS on CD 8 or 9 ,..... and was Oing on CD 16 adn 17 .....on CD 14 I'd start POAS am and pm ..... took us 6 months (4 of POAS) to get CAP .. so that was like 52 of them .. I got 50 for 20 bucks on a web site ...

Old 08-23-2008, 06:19 PM

Could you please move me to 2WW?!?!
I'm pretty sure I O'd - now I just have to keep those test locked up for the next couple weeks!

So we dtd last night and a couple nights ago, and I think I O'd sometime in the last few days and I woke up the morning and was completely nauseous. I scarfed down a few crackers and a few minutes later I was feeling fine. I think I've heard of people having "morning sickness" almost right away. Is it really possible, or was it all in my head?

Amanda
Mama to Amelia (9.8.06) and Jonah (6.19.09)
Old 08-23-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post
posting so I'm not deleted! Still waiting for that dang pp egg. I frequently have what feels like O pains, some subtle, some pretty strong, and have a good amount of cm regularly. I've tried to talk to and reason with my ovaries, but they're just not waking up. Working on slow, gentle, night weaning. Problem is, I deliberately keep my bra cups closed at night, and when she wakes I let her have it for a min or so, then pop her off and cuddle her to sleep. She's not thrilled with this set up, but is accepting enough. We'll repeat that twice or so in the beginning of the night, yet in the morning I wake up and BOTH cups are open, with a little boobie barnacle attached. I'm apparently my own worst nightweaning enemy and letting her have unlimited access in my sleep.
LilStar, your post cracked me up... your description of talking to your ovaries and boobie barnacles gave me quite the image in my head. Hope your egg pops soon mama!

Ameliasmama - I started with nausea 12 hours after DD was conceived and I knew I was pg...just felt "off colour " ... good luck!

User Tag List