Nursing Mamas TTC in AUGUST! (thread clean-up month) - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 546 Old 08-31-2008, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PS Our own bed is such a rarity, it's like we've rented our own hotel room or something when we get to "do it" there... (Nursing my 5 y.o., co-sleeping and all...)
#542 of 546 Old 09-01-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneBabe View Post
Now, forgive me if this is totally out of line with your story, but I saw a lot of test stuff and OPK tests and all that. Have you spent time ttc just observing your body? I've been wondering a lot about that. I've got a family member who has been ttc for over 5 years I think and she's always been heavily into opks and testing for things and possibly taking things. Tried ivf and everything. And, in NO WAY am I implying that "if you'd just relax" things would be better. NOT doing that. I am wondering, though, if you've tried that other more Taking Charge of your Fertility kind of method?

It's such a hard thing to talk about, someone else's fertility. I mean, there are so many levels to it.

Okay. Off to sleep. Will let you know about tomorrow's temp. Thanks for wondering. :-)

--Heather
Heather~

TTC #3 is the only 1 DC I have been using TCOYF for. DS1 and DS2, I was clueless about CF (I seriously did not realize it was all related!), temps, or CP. This time around I am now almost 23 months w/out TOM whereas with DS1 it arrived at 7 months. I believed in the RM then though I knew my cycles were 25/26 days and not the avg 28 days so I adjusted to 12/13 days to BD) since I believed I Oed right in the middle.

I like that I can ask others here to look at my chart or just ask questions especially since we only have an HSA with no maternity rider so going to the Doc means we completely pay for it.

I can tell you that my cousin and his DW just relaxed (and bought a boat ~ this was the funny part when they told our family) after a little over a yr of TTC with their 1st and she got knocked up once they stopped putting the pressure on themsevles (she was putting more pressure on herself too bc she was an older Mama and her OB/GYN let her know that). I know that does not work for most but funny how it did for them.

I only started this in April and hopefully just Oed in late Aug.

Smiles,
Lisa Marie

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
#543 of 546 Old 09-01-2008, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
First of all, thanks for the vibes. I tested again this afternoon and got a much stronger positive, so, it's there. It just needs to stay there.
Yay! Did you temp at all this morning? Just let me know when you want to be in Success Stories!

Quote:
Now, forgive me if this is totally out of line with your story, but I saw a lot of test stuff and OPK tests and all that. Have you spent time ttc just observing your body? I've been wondering a lot about that. I've got a family member who has been ttc for over 5 years I think and she's always been heavily into opks and testing for things and possibly taking things. Tried ivf and everything. And, in NO WAY am I implying that "if you'd just relax" things would be better. NOT doing that. I am wondering, though, if you've tried that other more Taking Charge of your Fertility kind of method?
Not out of line at all! I'm just flattered that you were thinking about me enough to wonder! I started TTC #1 with TCOYF and learned so much. Conceived DD easily. We were TTC #2 without a PPAF so we turned to OPKs trying to catch the first egg with confusing signs (like literally months of EWCM). Conceived DS easily. With #3, I started with OPKs for the same reason. We've been TTC for over 6 months now with 2 early losses thrown in. Although my cycles are more regular now and signs are less confusing, my regular doc wanted me to see an RE because she didn't feel qualified to deal with my thyroid plus probable progesterone issues, etc. The RE is suggesting way more aggressive things than we're going to do at this point but that's her job. I'm only doing bloodtests at this point but no drugs or invasive testing. I've had IRL friends say to "take a break" or "just relax" and not chart for a few months. But that's like telling a literate person not to read text that they see. I know my body now and can't not know when I'm fertile, YK? I get stressed when I *don't* chart. It's still interesting to me (although I do skip much of the intensive note-taking that I used to think would hlep). I totally get what you're saying. I think the RE's total suggestions were too much, too. [/novel]

Soooo, we need a September thread!
#544 of 546 Old 09-02-2008, 11:06 AM

Sorry ladies. I was out of town. I started the new thread but I goofed on the name it's September Nursing Moms TTC that's what you get when you drive all night and get home at 3:00 AM.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#545 of 546 Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
Yay! Did you temp at all this morning? Just let me know when you want to be in Success Stories!

Not out of line at all! I'm just flattered that you were thinking about me enough to wonder! I started TTC #1 with TCOYF and learned so much. Conceived DD easily. We were TTC #2 without a PPAF so we turned to OPKs trying to catch the first egg with confusing signs (like literally months of EWCM). Conceived DS easily. With #3, I started with OPKs for the same reason. We've been TTC for over 6 months now with 2 early losses thrown in. Although my cycles are more regular now and signs are less confusing, my regular doc wanted me to see an RE because she didn't feel qualified to deal with my thyroid plus probable progesterone issues, etc. The RE is suggesting way more aggressive things than we're going to do at this point but that's her job. I'm only doing bloodtests at this point but no drugs or invasive testing. I've had IRL friends say to "take a break" or "just relax" and not chart for a few months. But that's like telling a literate person not to read text that they see. I know my body now and can't not know when I'm fertile, YK? I get stressed when I *don't* chart. It's still interesting to me (although I do skip much of the intensive note-taking that I used to think would hlep). I totally get what you're saying. I think the RE's total suggestions were too much, too. [/novel]

Soooo, we need a September thread!
Oh, so cool to know... I totally know what you mean.

And, yes, I did temp: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fdaf6

I can be moved to success stories. :-)
#546 of 546 Old 09-09-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Oh, so cool to know... I totally know what you mean.

And, yes, I did temp: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fdaf6

I can be moved to success stories. :-)
I am going to copy this post over at the September thread and move you to success stories.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page