Nursing Mamas TTC in AUGUST! (thread clean-up month) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
I'm taking B6. The first month I took 50mg and my LP was still 6 days. This month I'm taking 50mg B6 and 50mg B-vit complex. From what I've read the B vitamins are water soluble so what isn't used/needed you just pee out. That is why the B vitamins make your pee so bright yellow!
I do know that because it is water soluble it definitley goes into your breast milk in failry large quantities. I was taking a high-potency multi-vitamin (with high levels of Bs) for a while when my son was younger and exclusively BFing, and it turned his pee bright yellow too!! I don't know what a safe level for little ones is...it is true that most of them you don't have to worry about because you pee out excess, but I think for one of the Bs (B12?) there is a safety limit.

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
#62 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail_b View Post
I do know that because it is water soluble it definitley goes into your breast milk in failry large quantities. I was taking a high-potency multi-vitamin (with high levels of Bs) for a while when my son was younger and exclusively BFing, and it turned his pee bright yellow too!! I don't know what a safe level for little ones is...it is true that most of them you don't have to worry about because you pee out excess, but I think for one of the Bs (B12?) there is a safety limit.
Ha! Forgot about that aspect! I'm not sure then how much gets in to the BM. Thats crazy it made your son's pee was bright yellow!
#63 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Please move me to waiting to be ready

I think I will pump in advance and try the 24 hours without nursing after DS's molars come in. As much as I'd love to sleep better I just don't think he's ready for a nightwean and he's also underweight so I'd hate for him to lose more.
I caught the eggie fro Charles when Theodore was 15 months old and NN every 60 to 90 minutes .. it CAN be done. the longer and longer you get PP the "less" strong the BF as BC reaction gets -- so you have a better and better cahnce of ovulating even with NN.

Theo's NN did EFFECT O .. I was useing POAS O tests and I Oed on CD 16 and CD 17 with Theo at 15 months old NN whereas I has Oed on CD 15 when we caught his egg 15 months before ....

but you can start to O again with near constant NN ...

just to give yu a little hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian
Hi mamas, I'd like to re-join.

Any suggestions for helping PPAF return?! It is very important to me to chart and have an exact O date and due date because this will be a closely monitored pregnanct due to DS2's heart defect.
I also thought i would seugest POAS O test -- I got 50 of them for 20 bucks on line when we were TTC Charles back in late 06 and 07. Charting, is, imo, never gonna be perfect with an other child -- sleep mess up, distractions and so many other reasons. I would wait till CD 9 then POAS each am, at CD 14 I started POAS evey 12 hours. LH will surge 24 to 36 before O ... you can pin-point the O day (even AM vs PM) pretty darn close that way.

I was doing this -- and I told the Doc I was 11 weeks and 3 days when we went in, he listen to my "logic" did an US and I was in perfect agreement with the US ...

so that might be something to think about so yu have an accurate conception date / O dated.

Aimee

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#64 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 01:42 PM

I think ONE of my two nurseling is weaning .... I THINK

Theodore is coming up on 3 (OMG) in Nov. he has been nurseing only 1 or 2 times day for quite a while. he was nurseing monring and after nap -- but for a while that has been getitng "loose" and we've been missing them on and off -- however usally if he missed the "normal" nurseing he'd grab one later in teh day -- like OHHHHHH GOSH I FORGOT ...

Well

Theo did not nurse on Thursday at all.

nursed once on Firday....taking me across the pool to the towles to nurse alone.

He did not nurse at all on Saturday

and only once Sunday

.... my baby is growing up. Well I THINK We will have to see)

I have never parented a child who didn't nurse. What do i do??

Scott adn I talked Saturday night, about him and how is he growing and truning out to be -- so far -- a little boy that is actually fun to be with. I cried a little. but this is a whole new chapter in mother hood for me

I may have to change all my siggys soon !!!!

the weaning is all him.

about a month ago -- sometime early summer -- as he started telling me "no, go" when i would ask him when we woke up if he wanted to nurse (am or after nap) -- he'd just cuddle a while them jump out of bed -- i realized i needed to stop offering. his attidue was like "uh mom we have stuff to do, let's GO"

I stopped offering (for a long time i had only been offering at the 2 wake up times -- most of CAP's life actually)

and as you see above in the last week he has "started" stopping.

I am confidnet it is him and he is ready .....but ..... part of me is sad and part of me is in shock -- cuz i guess that part of me never really believed CLW would work and that he WOULD really just walk away one day -- i have never really seen it ... i have seen respect and very slow weaning, but never where the child jsut says "nope done" (read about it, not seen it) and there is also the part that feels my baby is gone.

So I guess now maybe i might get a 3rd baby.....we will see. still no PPAF. Our cut off is the end of 2008 .... running out of time to get PPAF here, and to catch an eggie ....

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#65 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 01:51 PM

Hey guys. Still waiting to get my first PPEgg. I have actually started taking the pill. I will be on it through the month of Sept and then hopefully when I stop taking it an egg will be ready to come out.
#66 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
Ha! Forgot about that aspect! I'm not sure then how much gets in to the BM. Thats crazy it made your son's pee was bright yellow!
I know, at first I was freaked out when I saw it in the diaper! But I called the naturopathic doctor who had prescribed the vitamins and he said that was great, because it meant my son was also benefiting.

#67 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 03:32 PM

I can be moved to Waiting to know

I take B6. I started with 50mg and moved up. I take 100 now. I'll increase it next month if we are not pregnant. I've read not to go over 300mg.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#68 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 03:54 PM

Can I join? I'm new here and I still have to figure out a siggy, lol.
Currently nursing my 18 month old and on my 3rd cycle ppaf. My temps have been super erratic so I'm left wondering if I'm o'ing or not. My cycles are super regular, 28 day cycles, and I'm crossing my fingers I'm oing.
It initially looked like I o'd cd 9, but now that I'm cd 17, I'm really not sure.

I'd love for any thoughts insight from anyone that might have it!

Thanks so much and good luck to everyone.
:
#69 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 05:11 PM

Well, Mamas, I decided after researching that vitex and EPO are gentle enough for me to try, so I ordered them online today. Your experiences and kellymom's reassurances did the trick, and now of course I can't wait for them to come.

I feel sensitive to "pushing the river" even though DS is 2.5, he is VERY high needs/sensory, and so my cycle reflects that. But I feel we/he are ready, and that these herbs are gentle enough for me. I got my first PPAF last month, and I'm hoping I can gently encourage hormones this way.

Any of you have experience with return of sex drive with herbs and/or return of AF? Mine has been so flatline with lactational amenhorrea (wasn't super high before)...

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
#70 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
I have never parented a child who didn't nurse. What do i do??
The same things you do the 99% of the time when he's not attached to the breast pre-weaning. DD was CLW at 4.5 and I remember just being completely baffled at what life would be like without nursing her. It's pretty much the same. We still cuddle. I thought she had weaned about 5 times before it actually was the LAST time. She'd go weeks (months?) between nursing at the very end. Good job, Mama! What a lucky boy you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMarie View Post
Can I join? I'm new here and I still have to figure out a siggy, lol.
Currently nursing my 18 month old and on my 3rd cycle ppaf. My temps have been super erratic so I'm left wondering if I'm o'ing or not. My cycles are super regular, 28 day cycles, and I'm crossing my fingers I'm oing.
It initially looked like I o'd cd 9, but now that I'm cd 17, I'm really not sure.

I'd love for any thoughts insight from anyone that might have it!

Thanks so much and good luck to everyone.
:
Welcome! You can post a link to your chart (if it's online somewhere) when you do a sig. Then we can stalk you, too!
#71 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post

Any of you have experience with return of sex drive with herbs and/or return of AF? Mine has been so flatline with lactational amenhorrea (wasn't super high before)...
Maca!!! Holy moly, that's all I can say. Search for it here and you'll find some threads about using it TTC and just for libido.
#72 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Well, Mamas, I decided after researching that vitex and EPO are gentle enough for me to try, so I ordered them online today. Your experiences and kellymom's reassurances did the trick, and now of course I can't wait for them to come.

I feel sensitive to "pushing the river" even though DS is 2.5, he is VERY high needs/sensory, and so my cycle reflects that. But I feel we/he are ready, and that these herbs are gentle enough for me. I got my first PPAF last month, and I'm hoping I can gently encourage hormones this way.

actual sex DRIVE... nada ... baby drive ... always :

I hope you feel better with the herbs to help your body along.

#73 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 05:39 PM

My sex drive has seemed to return with my cycle. I can't keep my hands off DH when I am Oing. I think part of it, as Aimee calls it, is Baby Drive, but definitely not all of it. I don't ever remember being like this before, but I was on BCP for a long time before.

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

#74 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 06:25 PM

ok, i think I should be back in waiting to o. my temps are just all over the place and i can not for the life of me figure them out.

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09
#75 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 08:41 PM

Aimee I can't imagine not having a nursling either. As much as I have "baby drive", when DS skips a nursing, I still want to offer...

Thanks ladies, I'm going to try the maca too...from no herbs to "bring em on" in 24 hours, what the heck...

freezehead, our charts look so much the same that when I looked at yours, I thought I had accidentally looked at mine. I feel your frustration...

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
#76 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Aimee I can't imagine not having a nursling either. As much as I have "baby drive", when DS skips a nursing, I still want to offer...

Thanks ladies, I'm going to try the maca too...from no herbs to "bring em on" in 24 hours, what the heck...

freezehead, our charts look so much the same that when I looked at yours, I thought I had accidentally looked at mine. I feel your frustration...
Well Theo is almost 3, and I do still have Chalres at 9 months -- he will be int ehboob spot for a long tiem ... : maybe with a new freind if his big brother moves out of the way.

I have to say i AM glad -- if i DO get preggo I don't want to have to wean Theo ...

course he is not weaned yet -- nursed 2x today -- first time i remember him doing THAT in forever....

#77 of 546 Old 08-04-2008, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
UGH - so I'm supposed to have gotten my AF today, and it didn't show!! : i'm 99.9% sure that I'm not pregnant, which if I'm not, the absence of AF just means that I have less of a regular cycle than I thought. I'm all set up with a calendar on fertilitygal, which tells me which days are best to bd, etc. Well, I guess I can just throw that out the window!

So...at this point I am just ready to chart, I guess. I didn't want to before because it seemed like a pain, and I figured if I just paid close enough attention to my cycle, I could do it that way. Do I have to get a basal thermometer, or can I just use a regular one(not that I even have an accurate one.....)? I have a friend that just sticks the regular thermometer in her mouth every morning, and says that she notices a rise in her temp that way right before she ovulates. Any advice? Thanks mamas.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#78 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 02:28 AM

Hello ladies...hope you don't mind if I join you. I'm still waiting on my first PP AF to arrive. It's been 2 years and 4 days since we last saw her.
I am sooooo ready to be pg again. I have a 3.5yr old and a 14mo old. DD2 is still nursing on demand.
So for now I guess it's a waiting game.

mama to my two girls 12/04 5/07 and #3 due in May/June
#79 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPantherDiva View Post
Hello ladies...hope you don't mind if I join you. I'm still waiting on my first PP AF to arrive. It's been 2 years and 4 days since we last saw her.
I am sooooo ready to be pg again. I have a 3.5yr old and a 14mo old. DD2 is still nursing on demand.
Hi! I have a May 2007n baby too! :

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#80 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Hi!! I recognize you from the TBW! I hope you catch the first egg!!
#81 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezehead View Post
my temps are just all over the place and i can not for the life of me figure them out.

Freezehead, you aren't alone. I'm right there with you. :

My temps could double as the rocky mountians. sigh. On the upside I think I did figure out how to link my siggy to my chart. At least I don't feel alone in this any more!
#82 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 10:00 AM

Okay, so even though we weren't really trying yet, since we had sex the day before O I am in the 2WW. I am really not liking it, I feel like it is such a head game this time around! My son will turn 2 in September and I am defiintley ready to be pregnant again, so I am really wanting it, which of course just makes me blow every little symptom out of proportion and has been giving me major nervous stomach. I finally talked myself off the ledge yesterday and was like "chill out woman!, everything will be fine either way!, stop thinking about it all the time! don't get your hopes up!! etc." And I was finally starting to relax. Then, I get home to a tiny spot of brown CM last night (8 DPO). So of course I am thinking...could it be implantation spotting?? I didn't have any spotting with my first. UGH!
So now my stomach is in knots again! I got pregnant with my son on the first try, so have only endured one 2WW before, and I was not so nerved up about it as this one. I really don't don't what the deal is.
Also, question: lets say it was implanatation spotting - is there any reason to restrict my son's nursing for the next week just to make sure my progesterone levels stay high enough? When I say restrict I mean just keep him at the same level that he has been nursing for the past month- so if he decides he wants an all night nurse-athon (which happens once in a while- he already nurses about 5 times per night as it is) should I comfort him in other ways?
Thanks mamas!!

#83 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Hi! I have a May 2007n baby too! :
Looks like there are lots of us here with a nursling around 14 mos. I have an early June baby. He's 14 mos today

MommaAimee: How do you like the age spread w/getting preg 15 mos pp? I'm wondering how it would work for us.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#84 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail_b View Post
Also, question: lets say it was implanatation spotting - is there any reason to restrict my son's nursing for the next week just to make sure my progesterone levels stay high enough? When I say restrict I mean just keep him at the same level that he has been nursing for the past month- so if he decides he wants an all night nurse-athon (which happens once in a while- he already nurses about 5 times per night as it is) should I comfort him in other ways?
Thanks mamas!!
Unless you have a history of miscarriages, it is perfectly safe to nurse throughout pregnancy, including in your TWW. Check out Kellymom or LLL for more info. And there is a great book, Adventure's in Tandem Nursing, that would answer your questions too.

As for me, why did FF put crosshairs on the wrong day?? I hate that!!

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

#85 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 12:01 PM

Hi! I'm still here...just caught up with everyone's postings...congrats to all the BFPs

Could you please move me to the TWW? Here's hoping that we got lucky! I've only had one PPAF...so, no idea how regular I am.

:::::
#86 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama*pisces View Post
Do I have to get a basal thermometer, or can I just use a regular one(not that I even have an accurate one.....)? I have a friend that just sticks the regular thermometer in her mouth every morning, and says that she notices a rise in her temp that way right before she ovulates. Any advice? Thanks mamas.
I'm sorry you're frustrated! Charting really does answer some of the questions that make the 2WW so crazy. However, you really should read up on charting from an expert source like Taking Charge of Your Fertility or its site www.tcoyf.com or at Fertility Friend www.fertilityfriend.com. I think your friend might have it backwards: the temp rises BECAUSE of ovulation; it is not a predictor that it will occur.

I would use a real BBT because you don't need any additional confusion if the temp you have is accurate or not. They're only about $10 at any drug store.

Quote:
Hello ladies...hope you don't mind if I join you. I'm still waiting on my first PP AF to arrive.
Welcome! I hope your stay here is short and sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Robin* View Post
As for me, why did FF put crosshairs on the wrong day?? I hate that!!
FF never even gives me crosshairs. I have to use the manual override everymonth.

I'm 7dpo and getting over a head cold so I don't know what's 2WW and what's cold.
#87 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 02:37 PM

well, I think I'm starting my first ppaf. I've been spotting brown all morning. It's only 4-8 days after I ovulated though Does anyone have advice for lengthening my leuteal phase? I'm not too bummed about af in general because at least now I can start monitoring my fertility more firmly.

So, I need to be moved to waiting to o

thanks!

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

#88 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
FF never even gives me crosshairs. I have to use the manual override everymonth.
How do you do a manual override? I am new to FF and I can't figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariew View Post
well, I think I'm starting my first ppaf. I've been spotting brown all morning. It's only 4-8 days after I ovulated though Does anyone have advice for lengthening my leuteal phase? I'm not too bummed about af in general because at least now I can start monitoring my fertility more firmly.

So, I need to be moved to waiting to o

thanks!
While you could be starting your first PPAF, you could also, at 4-8 dpo, be having implantation spotting. I guess if you actually start your period you'll know, but you might have caught that first eggie. :

#89 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Robin* View Post
How do you do a manual override? I am new to FF and I can't figure it out.
Robin - If you go to your chart in FF - go to the section labeled Ovulation Detector. There should be a box under it called Tuning/Override. You can do it there.

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#90 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Looks like there are lots of us here with a nursling around 14 mos. I have an early June baby. He's 14 mos today

MommaAimee: How do you like the age spread w/getting preg 15 mos pp? I'm wondering how it would work for us.
my boys are 23.5 months apart and I LOVE IT -- it has been awsome and great and we've had NO problems. OK I know you don't beleive me -- but we are blessed it is TRUE.

I sleep with the two boys -- DH sleeps alone.

Theo is in the process of weaning, on his own, at 8 months past 2. He nursed all of my pregancy. he did "strike" the last 3 weeks or or - he'd ask, but then not latch, but with in 2 weeks of CAP's birth he was back ont eh breast. Latch is not tooo sloppy, but not perfect.

We read a ton of books, and we read them DAILY. we talked about shreing nurse-nurse and the bed front eh day i got the pos test. Theo went to doc appt and heard his heart then the baby heart (and mine to show him it wasn't me). we had an awsome OB.

Theo has handled it a ton better than i had any right to expect.

I think a lot of it is 1. personality 2. how it is presented (we NEVER told Theo he would be BIG, we alwasy said we are having ANOTHER BABY, we never ever told Theo to do this or that because the baby was coming ... we did not attempt PT or limit nurseing or move his bed / bedtime/ or anything at all) 3. how the parents EXPECT it to go. We expected two babies that would love each other and be great together -- adn we got it.

yes it is a bit of a thinking challange -- i remember the first time i took them both out alone -- CAP was 2 weeks and Theo 24 months ..... : it was NOT but now we do it all the time .. learning curve.

MY BFF has a 4 year break and it has SUCKED> the older boy regressed in sleep, and PT and eating adn learned to sneak off when mom nursed the baby and get into stuff and so on .......

Theo will not remember life without little brother.

There was no regression as there was nothing to regress -- he still was in diapers, BF when he wanted to and sleeping with me ....

I think it is the perfect age differnce .... We are praying to have the same or less time between CAP and a new baby ...

Aimee

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page