Nursing Mamas TTC in AUGUST! (thread clean-up month) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin' green View Post
Robin - If you go to your chart in FF - go to the section labeled Ovulation Detector. There should be a box under it called Tuning/Override. You can do it there.
Thank you! I see it now.

I am switching my O date, but what do I put in for a coverline? How is that calculated? I guess I should drag out my TCOYF.

I keep feeling a funniness in my uterus. I could be imagining it (mostly likely), but it feels 'heavy' on the right side a little. I am crossing my fingers, but it's probably nothing, especially at this point.

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

#92 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 05:49 PM

Can I move to waiting to O?

I can stay there 'till next month.

I am on a break for august but will be back in the game in September.

(my DH and his brother are 2 years and a week apart. DH said he always felt like he got the short end of the stick with joint parties and the like and is insistant we only have one May baby )

G/L to everyone. I hope to see none of you here in September!

<3 Dena

Wife to M 4.04 and Mama to hopmad.gifJ the activist 5.06, superhero.gifSammy Tsunami 12.09, and stork-girl.gif  coming soon!

#93 of 546 Old 08-05-2008, 11:14 PM

Hi Mamas! If DS ever stays asleep, I'll catch up on this thread! Please add me! I'm doing the 2WW!
#94 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 12:30 AM

[QUOTE=because;11866962]I'm sorry you're frustrated! Charting really does answer some of the questions that make the 2WW so crazy. However, you really should read up on charting from an expert source like Taking Charge of Your Fertility or its site www.tcoyf.com or at Fertility Friend www.fertilityfriend.com. I think your friend might have it backwards: the temp rises BECAUSE of ovulation; it is not a predictor that it will occur.

I would use a real BBT because you don't need any additional confusion if the temp you have is accurate or not. They're only about $10 at any drug store.

Thanks. I didn't realize they were so cheap.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#95 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 12:54 AM

I'd love to join too please! We're waiting to O. This is my 4th cycle after miscarriage, and we've been trying since cycles returned.

I do have a question about charting when nursing. How does the nighttime nursing affect the chart? We co-sleep and ds still nurses on-demand essentially, and our wake times vary by an hour or two from day to day.

And for those that mentioned getting the cheap O-POAS.... where can you get those?

TIA!

Xan
stay at home, unschooling mommy to D (Jan., '07), G (May '09), T (Nov '10), and M (Jan '13)

#96 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Hi! I have a May 2007n baby too! :
It's good to know I'm not the only insane one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
Hi!! I recognize you from the TBW! I hope you catch the first egg!!

I'm there ALL the time, lol
I hope we catch the first egg too

WOW this thread moves fast! Do you think I should go ahead and start charting now? I took my temp one day last week and no more since.
DH wants us to let things happen naturally, but he also doesn't mind if I chart and not tell him what's going on
I don't know if I'm ready to get all wrapped up in charting just yet. But I would like to know what my body is doing.

mama to my two girls 12/04 5/07 and #3 due in May/June
#97 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xan View Post
I'd love to join too please! We're waiting to O. This is my 4th cycle after miscarriage, and we've been trying since cycles returned.

I do have a question about charting when nursing. How does the nighttime nursing affect the chart? We co-sleep and ds still nurses on-demand essentially, and our wake times vary by an hour or two from day to day.

And for those that mentioned getting the cheap O-POAS.... where can you get those?

TIA!
find a site on line that sells cheap POAS preggo tests -- i don't rememeber but i know i got the site from a mom here, so someone here will know -- in this thread or in the fertility area -- and buy them.

mine were the dipstick kind, i got 50 for 20 bucks -- there abouts (it was 06).

I gave up on charting and started POAS on CD 8 or 9 .... and by CD 14 I was POAS morn and night ....

Worked for us.

Quote:
YES

YES

NN effect ovulation, but it also -- imo -- effect the charting too.

NN and nwaking and having a baby on you all night effects your temps, independant of effecting O. NN Nwaking and co-sleeping with Theo also made my wake up time erratic (we stay home, so after a bad night we'd sleep longer without an alarm) which is also not gonna work so well with temping.

I know moms who do it -- a lot

but it got to be too much for me

I just charted POAS O-test, CM and so on .... and left of the temp.

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#98 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 10:19 AM

I also check CM and POAS a lot. No temp checking for me because of the variable wake up times.

I have a question: *If* I get pregnant while BFing and then my son goes on a nursathon will that effect anything? Or do I have to keep him at the current level?
#99 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
I also check CM and POAS a lot. No temp checking for me because of the variable wake up times.

I have a question: *If* I get pregnant while BFing and then my son goes on a nursathon will that effect anything? Or do I have to keep him at the current level?
I don't THINK so, unless you are high risk for MC.

I don't really know that THAT is anything where they is any real evidence...yk?

I know when i got preggo Theo was 15 months old and 97% EBF ... so it CAN work.

AImee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#100 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the replies...
I've never had a M/C before. However, this spotting has continued- it is brownish/pink and scant but now is day 2 and I think it might be a very slow and early start to AF and/or a sign of progesterone deficiency. I will work with my midwife on this- but is it safe to supplement progesterone while BFing?

Xan- I temp and night nurse and while my temps are a little rocky the O temp shift is very clear. I never ever get 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep- here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/216ee6

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
#101 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPantherDiva View Post
Do you think I should go ahead and start charting now?
Can't hurt! My very first chart was the last cycle I was on BCP in 2001. Obviously I didn't ovulate but it was interesting to see how the hormones affected my temps.

I buy my OPKs in bulk at babywishes.org but there are other sites that sell cheap ones.

Welcome, xan!
#102 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail_b View Post
Thanks for the replies...
I've never had a M/C before. However, this spotting has continued- it is brownish/pink and scant but now is day 2 and I think it might be a very slow and early start to AF and/or a sign of progesterone deficiency. I will work with my midwife on this- but is it safe to supplement progesterone while BFing?

Xan- I temp and night nurse and while my temps are a little rocky the O temp shift is very clear. I never ever get 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep- here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/216ee6
I know moms who have. talk to you r MW. it is gonna depend on a lot of things -- how long you have been BF, whst your need is, and so on .... but yes, i know moms who have done it

#103 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 01:24 PM

I'm still here. Please keep me on the waiting to catch the first PP egg list.
Can someone tell Aunt Flo she can come visit? I have not seen her for 20 months now. Seems like ages.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#104 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 03:55 PM

I just wanted to let you all know that I wasn't here very long... and now I'm moving up.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k.../delete001.jpg

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#105 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokimari View Post
I just wanted to let you all know that I wasn't here very long... and now I'm moving up.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k.../delete001.jpg
Congrats!!! Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!!
#106 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 04:21 PM

Congrats momtokamari!!! :

So my spotting did turn into more red flow; it looks like AF is here. I am actually not too upset about not being preggers yet, but I am upset about the too short LP. My cycle was 28 days (same as is was before I got pregnant) but I didn't O until CD 19. So my LP was only 9 days. I really wanted to start "offically" TTC in Sept. I know there have been a million posts about lengthening LP/getting O to happen sooner etc... I have been reading some of them and have decided to start with B6 and am debating trying vitex as well. I am hoping I can get my cycle regulated quickly. This was my first cycle after my first PPAF, so I suppose it is normal that it was screwy....

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
#107 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 07:03 PM

So, my girl and I are down to nursing in the morning and before bed. She is 25 months, no AF since she was born and she has been night weaned for nearly 8 weeks, day weaned for 1 week. How long do you think it will take for AF to show or catch an egg? I want to have #2 so bad!
#108 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 07:48 PM

Still around just not posting much here bc I am a bit bummed nothing is happening even with moving DS2 to his own bed and getting him to sleep through 95% of the night (wakes at 4 or 5 am for a quick sip).

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
#109 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren82 View Post
I'm still here. Please keep me on the waiting to catch the first PP egg list.
Can someone tell Aunt Flo she can come visit? I have not seen her for 20 months now. Seems like ages.
I am at almost 22 months! In the same boat!! I have low temps too.

#110 of 546 Old 08-06-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWare View Post
So, my girl and I are down to nursing in the morning and before bed. She is 25 months, no AF since she was born and she has been night weaned for nearly 8 weeks, day weaned for 1 week. How long do you think it will take for AF to show or catch an egg? I want to have #2 so bad!
We did it opposite. Had him day weaned and then eventually gently night-weaned. I o'd about a few weeks - maybe a month after we did that.

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#111 of 546 Old 08-07-2008, 09:59 AM

Should I may be consider start giving DS2 cow's milk to drink? I have been holding off with it bc DS1 is highly allergic to dairy. We have given DS2 some food with dairy in it and a little yogurt here and there just not milk itself. I had him tested and he is not allergic.

Thanks, LM

#112 of 546 Old 08-07-2008, 10:02 AM

ewcm - does this only happen at O or can it happen anytime? I'm on cd 45 but had a bunch of it this morning so I'm wondering if this could be the right time....
#113 of 546 Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCB View Post
Should I may be consider start giving DS2 cow's milk to drink? I have been holding off with it bc DS1 is highly allergic to dairy. We have given DS2 some food with dairy in it and a little yogurt here and there just not milk itself. I had him tested and he is not allergic.

Thanks, LM
I rarely give DS cows milk. Just don't see the need. He gets calcium and Vit D in lots of other ways, so I don't stress about it. He eats yogurt, cheese, etc. Mostly he loves to drink his water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetinha View Post
ewcm - does this only happen at O or can it happen anytime? I'm on cd 45 but had a bunch of it this morning so I'm wondering if this could be the right time....
I think it depends on how regular your cycles are. But if you're TTC, and you have EWCM, I say get on it girl! Good luck!!!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#114 of 546 Old 08-07-2008, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

: Yay! Congratulations, momtokimari! Our first August success story!!

abigail_b, I think b6 is definitely worth a try. My first LP was 9-10 days and now I'm up to 12.5-13 day LP a few months later. Some say that a b-complex works better than b6 alone. Congrats on your first real cycle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWare View Post
I went 26 and 27 months respectively with DD and DS. Both had been nightweaned for months before I ovulated. Sorry I don't have any advice, just sympathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetinha View Post
What GG said. Can't hurt to take advantage of it, though, right?

I tested today at 9dpo and got a BFN. No surprise. I really don't feel pg at all but I wanted to check just in case I could wrap a BFP up for DH for a birthday gift today. 31! Sheesh, we're getting old.
#115 of 546 Old 08-07-2008, 05:05 PM

: Congratulations, momtokimari!!!!

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#116 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 09:39 AM

Was just about to post about having slightly higher temps (for me bc I have had low temps ~ under 97 mostly) when I realized I had not entered my data for today. I bet tomorrow I will be back under 97.

So I entered them and got dashed crosslines (BDed on the wrong days if it were true). I was to ask about when temps typically go up slightly for those with low temps due to BFing when LOs are BFing less (been working on sleeping through the night for probably a month or slightly more now).

Thanks,
LM

#117 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCB View Post
Was just about to post about having slightly higher temps (for me bc I have had low temps ~ under 97 mostly) when I realized I had not entered my data for today. I bet tomorrow I will be back under 97.

So I entered them and got dashed crosslines (BDed on the wrong days if it were true). I was to ask about when temps typically go up slightly for those with low temps due to BFing when LOs are BFing less (been working on sleeping through the night for probably a month or slightly more now).

Thanks,
LM
Fertility Friend is stupid. They give you crosshairs on THAT and I have to manually enter my o date on my charts with a clear .5 degree shift and EWCM?!

Low temps (and long, annov cycles) can be related to low thyroid function. I don't remember any kind of change in temps when nightweaning or anything but I have seen a dramatic change when getting on a better thyroid medication.
#118 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 10:37 AM

Congrats momtokimari!!!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#119 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 11:08 AM

hi!

can you please move me to 2ww? thanks!

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09
#120 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
Fertility Friend is stupid. They give you crosshairs on THAT and I have to manually enter my o date on my charts with a clear .5 degree shift and EWCM?!

Low temps (and long, annov cycles) can be related to low thyroid function. I don't remember any kind of change in temps when nightweaning or anything but I have seen a dramatic change when getting on a better thyroid medication.

i am in the same boat with being hypothyroid. i was hoping being on meds would make a difference this time around (i was diagnosed the week i concieved my youngest) however i'm continuing to notice erratic temps and slow to rise temps in my luteal phase. go figure!

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page