Nursing Mamas TTC in AUGUST! (thread clean-up month) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
move me to the 2ww please

Congrats to the recent BFP's:

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#122 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 12:43 PM

Hello Mamas! Can I join? I am a first-time mom to DD who was born in December '07. I'm definately TTC and DH is "kinda, sorta, maybe"

I haven't had a PP AF yet. DD is almost 8 mo now. I am breastfeeding but DD is on some solids. She nurses during the day and night ( about every 3-4 hours) and is self-feeding solids every few hours too.

I recently began charting my temp, although I am a complete beginner to it, not that in tune with my body and just learning all the abbreviations too. I'm glad to have found this tribe I have a chart on FF http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d4c1 which recently told me that i had ovulated but this morning my temp was back to normal range so I don't think I have and I am puzzled as to what is going on with my body right now So I guess I am in the waiting to ovulate group?

I know 8 months is not a long time but still, I feel I am getting older by the minute - patience has never been my virtue! lol

Thanks Mamas!

#123 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

redngreenmama, welcome! I don't see ovulation on your chart, either. TCOYF software wouldn't have given you an o date yet because you haven't had 3 high temps so I don't know what FF did that. Like I said, FF is stupid. I put you as hoping to catch the first PP egg since you haven't had AF yet. Is that OK?
#124 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sigh, I really, really hate my cycles. Last time, it took us over a year to get pg with DD2 and I had WAY better cycles then I'm having this time around. I could of swore I O'ed last weekend by checking CM, signs, etc... it was there, but not great. I can't temp because 21m old DD2 still wakes up all the time, and I can't get an accurate temp. Then yesterday on day 30, I had better EWCM then I have had all cycle. I thought my Clear Blue monitor was screwed up because it hasn't caught O at all since my cycles returned in April, but now I'm starting to wonder if I'm even O'ing. I went to the store this am, and somehow in the middle of trying to keep two DC from fighting and destroying the place I forgot to pick up some regular O sticks.

And then to top it all off, I had a CNM appointment today because I have yeasties that are not going away no matter what I do. Not that I want this at all right now, but was curious if they would even do it while I'm bfing, and no they won't prescribe Clomid while bfing. No one in my small town will. I wouldn't consider it now, but if several more cycles go by and I'm truly not Oing at all, then it would be nice to consider. I've done everything herbal that I can. Maca root and Vitex is what finally got me DD2, 4 months into that same dose and nothing has changed. Vitex has always worked 2 months after I started taking it. I talked to my herbalist this week and she didn't have any other suggestions for me.

I'm just getting frustrated because last time I was O'ing, had perfect timing BDing, and I couldn't get pg. This time, my cycles are all over the place, no one will talk to me about even running labs until DD2 is weaned for several months, which I refuse to wean a child for the sake of a child that isn't conceived yet. And to top it all off, I will be gone for most of Oct, Nov, and Dec. DD1 needs OT that I have to travel for, DH can't come along, except a visit here and there since we'll be 400 miles away. That make TTCing pretty difficult even if I had regular cycles. Vent over.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#125 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned

Do we PM someone to be added to the list? I forget how that works.

Hi all! I have two kids and we're TTC #3. I was part of this thread years ago when we were TTC#2. It's been a long time since I've been active on Mothering, I am going to work harder at posting more regularly!

I'm currently nursing my 2 year old, and have had regular cycles for the past year. We started trying in February and conceived in March, but I miscarried. It's now been 3 cycles since the miscarriage and we are ready to try again. I'm currently on CD 9 (waiting to O) of an average 29 day cycle. I usually O around CD 15-16. I'm armed with a BBT thermomenter, fertlityfriend.com, and I just bought a spangly new Clear Blue Easy digital ovulation test kit. I'll let you all know how it works.
#126 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 05:02 PM

Two Week Wait

This was our first month offically trying, and we dtd the day before I o'ed. So now I'm in the tww. How early is the earliest you can test? I'm due to start on Thursday, so like 6 days from now.

I haven't read through the thread yet, but congrats to any bfp's out there! and Hugs for those who didn't.

Julie

Julie ~ homesteading, Traditional Catholic, wife to Chip, mom to Angelbaby(4-06), DS (3-07), and DD (11-09).
#127 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Banned

Simple life:

the earliest you can test is about 10 DPO. But keep in mind that it's not over until the fat lady sings and your period crashes the party (so any negatives you get early on COULD be false negatives).
#128 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 05:32 PM

Thanks because and freezehead.

We do not have full blown insurance only a HSA so every thing would have to come out of our pockets since we never reach our deductable for the tests and the meds. I was hoping night weaning DS2 a bit would help get my cycle back. We have been lucky as it only took 2 months both times to knock me up before. Never charted then so I have no clue if I had low temps then.

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
#129 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
redngreenmama, welcome! I don't see ovulation on your chart, either. TCOYF software wouldn't have given you an o date yet because you haven't had 3 high temps so I don't know what FF did that. Like I said, FF is stupid. I put you as hoping to catch the first PP egg since you haven't had AF yet. Is that OK?
Hi because, yes waiting to catch the first PP egg is great - thanks ( just trying to learn all the phrases etc ). i picked u copy of TCOYF today and it incuded a free trial software. So, depending on the purchase cost I might use that instead. Thanks for the tip.

I also got some Vitex. To the mamas taking Vitex...how much did you take? I got (80mg) capsules and on the carton is suggests taking 3 a day (240mg) but this seems a low dose compared to what I have read. TIA

#130 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 09:02 PM

Hi! Hoping to join you all. I am BFing my 15 month old, and have not had a PP AF yet. I think (fingers crossed!) that I O'd this month and am currently 5 dpo. Here is my chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/223ea0/ttc.png

redngreenmama...I take vitex in the liquid form, and my dose is a dropperful in the morning. I've been taking it since May, and think I just had my first O. It didn't work quickly for me, but maybe it will for you!! Also, make sure when you stop using vitex you wean yourself from it...It is best to decrease your dosage each week, rather than just stop altogether!

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

#131 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Banned

Peanutbuttercup, all I see is your ticker from that link. You want to click on "sharing" and then "home page set up" and then c and p the link.
#132 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 09:11 PM

oops, does this one work??
thanks Talula Fairie!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/223ea0

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

#133 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
oops, does this one work??
thanks Talula Fairie!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/223ea0
Yes that one works! Nice lookin' chart Looks very fertile.
#134 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I also got some Vitex. To the mamas taking Vitex...how much did you take? I got (80mg) capsules and on the carton is suggests taking 3 a day (240mg) but this seems a low dose compared to what I have read. TIA

I need a refresher -- when we were TTC CAP in late 06 and early 07 I knew a buch -- now it all seems to ahve left my head

Vitex -- can someone remind me what it does (stim O?) or link me to some threads about it so I can evualte if I want to try ti?

Same ?? on the benfits of B6

THANKS

I used to know all this -- adn i kinda sorta remember but i need to read up -- i didn't read to much last time as i didn't need it -- PPAF was at week 7 PP 9yes WEEK) adn I was Oing in month 6 pp when i first did POAS O test to be sure ....

THANKS

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#135 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
All about Vitex!

Vitex is not a fast acting herb, it takes 2-3 months for it to work. Vitex can be used to induce AF and to lengthen the LP. It is commonly used by women who suffer from PCOS. It is not a benign herb though. It can delay O, cause mood swings, rashes, and a decrease in milk supply are common side effects that I've heard of or experienced myself. Some women who have taken it that I know, who might not of needed it, have reported that it really screwed up their cycle for months. I always suggest that everyone who takes it, consult with an certified herbalist to see if vitex is right for their issues. That being said, vitex has worked very well for me in the past. I induced AF back when DD1 was 2.5y old with it, and got pg with DD2 while on it. I have always taken it in the tincture form since that is absorbed the best by the body. I take 3 mls every am. And I also take it through my first tri to decrease the chance of m/c.

I don't get my vitex from here since I don't take it in capsule form, but this is a good article on how it works. http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/vitex.html HTH! Amy

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#136 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Peony, big hugs! Vent away, Mama. This is certainly the place!

Talula Fairie, welcome! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I had a chemical pg in Feb/March--do you stalk the November DDC as much as I do? I hope your stay here this time is short and sweet. I'll add you to the list right away.

Although I joined the no-test pact, I'm having a hard time not thinking of reasons why I should test. I'm 10dpo today. Absolutely no reason to think I'm pg this time; not even fake-out symptoms. AF is due Monday so technically I promised not to test until Tuesday... hopefully I'll get the chance to!

Who is coming up to the end of the 2WW? We could use some more BFPs around here!!
#137 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Banned

Thanks, because I haven't stalked the Nov/Dec due date club on here, but I was a member of the December 2008 community on live journal...I had to leave when I lost the baby. It was too painful. I was really excited about having a winter baby, my first was a winter baby born the day after Thanksgiving and I just thought that was such a great time to have a baby. I still have a few friends on LJ that got pregnant at the same time I did and are still pregnant, and it bums me out a lot sometimes. I think about how I'd be 20 something weeks now, and rubbing my big belly, feeling kicks...instead I am starting over. But, all is not lost. I have lots of fertile time ahead of me. Here's hoping the next pregnancy happens quickly and sticks.
#138 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 11:24 PM

thanks

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#139 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Simple life:

the earliest you can test is about 10 DPO. But keep in mind that it's not over until the fat lady sings and your period crashes the party (so any negatives you get early on COULD be false negatives).
Thanks! I'm trying to just chill and wait, but I don't know if I can do that, we'll see

Julie

Julie ~ homesteading, Traditional Catholic, wife to Chip, mom to Angelbaby(4-06), DS (3-07), and DD (11-09).
#140 of 546 Old 08-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Banned

It's so hard to chill and wait!
#141 of 546 Old 08-09-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
Although I joined the no-test pact, I'm having a hard time not thinking of reasons why I should test. I'm 10dpo today. Absolutely no reason to think I'm pg this time; not even fake-out symptoms. AF is due Monday so technically I promised not to test until Tuesday... hopefully I'll get the chance to!

Who is coming up to the end of the 2WW? We could use some more BFPs around here!!
because- your chart is really looking great this TWW!! I am excited to see what Tuesday brings (if you can wait). I am having trouble waiting myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Thanks, because I haven't stalked the Nov/Dec due date club on here, but I was a member of the December 2008 community on live journal...I had to leave when I lost the baby. It was too painful. I was really excited about having a winter baby, my first was a winter baby born the day after Thanksgiving and I just thought that was such a great time to have a baby. I still have a few friends on LJ that got pregnant at the same time I did and are still pregnant, and it bums me out a lot sometimes. I think about how I'd be 20 something weeks now, and rubbing my big belly, feeling kicks...instead I am starting over. But, all is not lost. I have lots of fertile time ahead of me. Here's hoping the next pregnancy happens quickly and sticks.
I am so sorry for your loss.
Sending you and everyone

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

#142 of 546 Old 08-09-2008, 09:51 PM

Peony, thanks for the info on Vitex. I have started taking it and reading TCOYF. I realize how little I know about my body!

#143 of 546 Old 08-09-2008, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Robin* View Post
because- your chart is really looking great this TWW!! I am excited to see what Tuesday brings (if you can wait). I am having trouble waiting myself.
My temps always peak at about now and look really great but honestly, I'm expecting them to peter out tomorrow and totally dump on Monday. I did break my no-test pact this morning because I wanted to be sure that I could have a drink on my in-laws boat today. BFN. But then I really went off the deep end and tweaked it and got a typical evap-y type fake line. Sigh. No testing tomorrow and if these cramps keep up, I won't even need to!

To compare:

BFN fake line from April
BFN fake line from I-don't-remember-when

Quote:
Originally Posted by redngreenmama View Post
Peony, thanks for the info on Vitex. I have started taking it and reading TCOYF. I realize how little I know about my body!
TCOYF is one of the books that I would put on my life's Top 10 List. It was a total revelation for me. I'm glad you're enjoying it!
#144 of 546 Old 08-10-2008, 03:07 AM

Hi! Is it too late in the month to join you guys? I am just starting the 2ww and would love company.

I have a toddler who will turn 2 tomorrow (!) and who still nurses all the time. I got my first PPAF when he was 16 months, but I've had LP problems since then. I worked on lengthening the LP by myself and got up to 12 days last cycle, using B6 100 mg and NPC, but still have not able to get pregnant. (I did get pregnant my second month PP, but it was a chemical, almost certainly due to the progesterone issue.) I finally went to my OB, and he prescribed clomid, which I have just tried for the first time this cycle. I am really hoping this will do the trick for me. I am considering starting the NPC also, to make sure I have enough progesterone. What do you think?

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
#145 of 546 Old 08-10-2008, 09:20 AM

I'll be testing on Thursday. It started having BFP dreams last night, I get them every cycle. Thursday is my birthday, I hope I get a great present!!

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#146 of 546 Old 08-10-2008, 09:28 AM

redngreenmama TOCYF changed my life!! I have been using her method to track my first O with a previously complicated cycle, and I really think I did it this month!! I also take vitex and a B complex (about 4 months now), which I am sure helped. I hope you find that book as amazing as I do...I still look at it everday, and especially like to compare my chart to other pregnancy achievement charts in the book!!

I am 7dpo today. I am crampy and gassy and my boobs are sore. Also, last night I cried when my friend's two year old started playing the recorder...she has no idea I am 7 dpo, and said, "You must be pregnant!" What do you all think?? Is it too early to be recognizing symptoms? I have been crampy, hungry, and tired for a few days...but maybe it's just an off week? Is it normal to still have some sticky cm this far after O? I can't remember what it was like with my first bc she was a total surprise!

#147 of 546 Old 08-10-2008, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Please move me to August BFPs.

I tested on Friday (11dpo) and got a BFP, but waited until today to make sure the line got darker (13dpo) and it did - it's just about as dark as the control line!!

I had an early m/c last month, so I'm still a bit wary to fully celebrate, but the tests look good, so I'm going ahead.

I was on holiday with the kids and either the m/c or ds nursing like crazy made me ovulate several cycle days later than usual, which allowed us to catch the egg during H's two night visit with us. Ds (turns 3 next week) doesn't seem to have noticed anything as he continues to nurse tons (we're travelling and I think it's a comfort).

The only thing I was taking was B-100 complex to lengthen out my LP. Good luck to all and hopefully I'll see some of you over on the ddc.
#148 of 546 Old 08-10-2008, 12:42 PM

Congrats lilgreen!!!

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#149 of 546 Old 08-10-2008, 12:56 PM

Hi! I am officially TTC as of last month. No go for July, but can you guys put me in "Waiting to O"?

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
#150 of 546 Old 08-10-2008, 01:31 PM

congrats lilgreen!

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page