Nursing Mamas TTC in AUGUST! (thread clean-up month) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-13-2008, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin' green View Post
Oh wow - totally missed that! Super big congrats Peony! And happy happy birthday!!!

:::::::
So did I! Congrats Peony!! WAHOO!

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
changing DS's poopy dipe made me gag too (which is pretty rare)..

I hope it's not all in my head :

I gagged yesterday changing DS's poopy diaper and this morning I had to run to the toilet cause I thought I was going to throw up, which has NEVER happened before. I, too, hope it's not in my head, cause then I'll think I am crazy. :

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

Old 08-13-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Robin & PBCup - both of your charts look awesome! Let's all test on Friday together! ;-) Hopefully my temp will go back up tomorrow... I really hope for the best for all of us!!
I'm in!! POAS Friday with FMU...:

Lizzy - good luck tomorrow!!! I'll be thinking of you.

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Robin* View Post
I was totally preparing myself for my temp to fall again today and be on it's way down for AF to start Friday-ish, but it went back up, to my highest temp yet!! Does anyone else have that happen at 11dpo and then have it fall again on 13 dpo? What are the odds?
I personally have had my temps be high all the way up until CD2. Supposedly that can be a sign of a hormone imbalance but my hormones seemed fine at the time.

But I'm sending you hopeful thoughts!

Congrats to the BFPs!!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 02:56 PM

Fairly new and have some questions...

This is my 1st month charting and 1st month TTC #2. We have a 12 month old DS that I am currently still BFing (only 3 times, 4 max, a day). I got my first PP AF July 25th and typically (pre-baby) have 32-35 day cycles.

Anyway, maybe someone can help me with this one...I tempt yesterday morning and got a low pre-O temp but when I took my temp, I had been tossing & turning for hours before that so I'm wondering if it had anything to do with my low temp? Also, today, I tossed and turned from about 1:30am-5:30am (but didnt get out of bed) but I had to pee so I decided to temp even though I dont temp until 6:30am. I got a 97.66 (I was totally expecting a post-O temp so I was disappointed). I go back to sleep and I FINALLY fall into a deep sleep from 5:45am-7:30am so I decide to take it again just in case and it spiked up to 98.13. So which one was more right??

Oh and the reason for mentioning the yesterday morning's temp was bc I'm wondering if that one was wrong. I didnt have any fertile CM yesterday so thats why I'm wondering if yesterdays was wrong and maybe I O'd on CD 18? I didnt have any fertile CM today or yesterday.

I should also mention that I got 2 + OPK's on CD 17 & 18. CD17 was AS DARK as the control line and CD18 was darker than the control line.

Here is my chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2094f4

Love 12.22.2004 ** Marriage 2.24.2007 ** Baby Carriage 8.7.2007 ** Double Stroller 7.20.2009 ** Triple Trouble EDD 5.15.2011
Old 08-13-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
Hi Mama's, I went away for the weekend and alot happened!
So, I went to my folks over the weekend, small bed for the 3 of us (queen), and DS is teething that last #$&% molar. My temps shot up (I don't think DS was on me any more than usual tho) and then after they were up 3 days, I got EWCM.: Anyone have any ideas what's going on with my chart? FF is in my sig, but here's TCOYF
http://www.ivillage.com/fertilitycha...CHJTl5HnC%2F0g
?
pitchfork - I can't tell much from your chart yet. I think it's still too soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Hi ! Please move me to Waiting to Ovulate!

I finally had my first post partum ovulation, followed 8 days later by a period. So hopefully this month will be lucky!
Congrats, mergirl!

Quote:
I was totally preparing myself for my temp to fall again today and be on it's way down for AF to start Friday-ish, but it went back up, to my highest temp yet!! Does anyone else have that happen at 11dpo and then have it fall again on 13 dpo? What are the odds?
Robin - Your chart looks great! I think the temp going back up like that is a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
Robin, I also want to test Friday. I hope 12dpo is not too early for me!
peanutbuttercup - Your chart is great, too, like everyone has said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
One more day until I POAS

I woke up this morning with cramps and nausea.. changing DS's poopy dipe made me gag too (which is pretty rare)..

I hope it's not all in my head :
LizzyQ - I think your chart is looking really good too!

Wow. A lot of good charts on here!

Me - I got nervous yesterday when I took my temp in the mid day just to see how high or low it was, and I got 97.3. Then last night I tried again and got 99. Huh? Anyway, my temp this morning was *much* better. If it weren't too early for implantation, I would almost think the chart looked triphasic. I hope the high temps keep up.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
POSITIVE OPK TODAY!!! :
That's great! Let me know when you're ready to go into the 2WW list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugginmama View Post
If I don't have AF tomorrow morning I'm going to have DH pick up a test and I'll test Thursday morning.
Good luck!

Quote:
I thought the no-test thread would help me not be a POAS-aholic, but alas, I have tested twice already!!
Ha! I don't feel so bad now! I think you sound awfully pg, to me, though! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
Got a faint line, called DH and made him go pick up a FRPT. I guess a "YES!" couldn't be any clearer. I got an early B-Day present!
Congratulations!! : What a terrific birthday gift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
If this goes like last time, I'll have a BFN tomorrow and my temp will totally dump. Spotting will start and then bleeding will be in full force on Thursday.
Well, I couldn't have called it any closer. Temp dropped to 97.5 today so I did even bother with another test. My cervix is wide open and I'm starting to bleed and cramp.

Thanks for all of your good wishes, mamas! My second loss in 6 months... I'm starting to wonder if 2 IS the right number for us. Maybe I can make some peace with that this week.

Anyway. We're updated to here but I think I'm going to take a couple of days off from the thread. I'll be back this weekend to do updates, at least.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
*Robin* and peanutbuttercup, you ladies both have AMAZING charts and symptoms, I can't wait until Friday when all you mamas POAS!

I really hope all this gagging and puking going on is a positive sign! :Puke :

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:14 PM

Ack! I couldn't wait and i POAS'd.. BFN!

I'll try again tomorrow with FMU.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Old 08-13-2008, 05:18 PM

Because

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
Old 08-13-2008, 05:30 PM

Awwwww because - I'm so so sorry!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

Old 08-13-2008, 05:46 PM

So sorry because

Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 PM

because

Quote:
Robin & PBCup - both of your charts look awesome! Let's all test on Friday together! ;-) Hopefully my temp will go back up tomorrow... I really hope for the best for all of us!!
Friday morning it is! goin' green-I am still stalking your chart and it's looking really good!

I hope all my crazy symptoms this TWW isn't just my body adjusting back to having regular cycles, and me just not recognizing them, considering this is my 2nd PP cycle.

:: to all!

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

Old 08-13-2008, 07:24 PM

So sorry for you because.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
because... I hope whatever you and your dh decide brings you peace. Take care of yourself.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:10 PM

because. I am sure everything will work out for you one way or another whatever you decide. You have been an awesome moderator, thank you for that!!

Sorry if TMI: Question for nursing mamas: What sort of affect did nursing have on your AF? I just had my second PPAF. The first was "regular" as far as flow, but did linger for 8 days (last 2 days was spotting). This cycle was really heavy for a few days, then began gradually tapering off. I am now at CD 8 and am still spotting. I don't know what is normal for me since I was on the pill until conceiving my son, but this just seems like a long time. Also, on the pill when I spotted for the last day or so it was dark-- now I have bright red spotting (so I will go hours with nothing, and then all of a sudden some bright red spotting). I will see if I keep spotting tomorrow or if it stops. Searches online seem to reveal that 8 days is long but within the range of normal, but I am wondering what others' experience has been.

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
Old 08-13-2008, 08:27 PM

Aw, because, so sorry

Old 08-13-2008, 10:26 PM

Robin, Goin Green (and anyone else too of course) would take a look at this kooky chart of mine and tell me what you think? Anovultory? Waiting to O?

Old 08-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Banned

I'm so sorry, because.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:36 PM

ugh. i've been feeling on the verge of yak-ing all day. blech. i much prefer my body postpartum and bf-ing- my hormones seem so much kinder and gentler- none of this hunger/nausea thing going on. dh thinks i may be pregnant. i'm pretty sure i'm not.

because- i'm so sorry.

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09
Old 08-14-2008, 12:18 AM

Pitchfork - I dont' know - you're so up and down I immediately think anovulatory. The one day I thought your temps might have been O, CM doesn't correlate. But, that's not to say you may not O anytime either, kwim?

Where are you at? How many cycles PP are you? Have you been O'ing for a while and this is all new? Just lookin for more info...

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

Old 08-14-2008, 12:43 AM

because, i'm so sorry i hope you feel better soon.

i think i may have or am going to o, but i don't need to be moved to tww just yet. it's strange b/c i haven't really felt much in the way of o cramps and i usually do (or did 2 years ago before af no longer graced me with her presence). i think the acupuncture may have started things up again. i had VERY ewcm yesterday and today, and my nipples have been quite sore everytime dd latches on (maybe it's an af related thing or maybe it's dd's roungh nursing- but she's normally rough anyhow). , i guess we'll see, huh?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Friday morning it is!
Not more than a half hour after I posted this yesterday (Wednesday), I felt like I had pressure in my uterus, so, I went and POAS-- again!!
But this time I got a !!!!! :::::
It was fainter than the control line, but definitely there!! It wasn't even FMU.
For those that like to keep track, I was 11dpo, and at 8dpo and 10dpo, with FMU, it came up negative.

:e are so excited!!:: We've been trying for so long.

P.S. if you are an IRL friend, shhhhhhhh...... Thanks!!

Old 08-14-2008, 10:05 AM

Robin!!!!! Congrats!!! That is amazing news. I am so happy for you and DH!!

As for me, I broke the Friday promise too. I POAS this morning with FMU...BFN. Oh man. I should have waited!! I guess today it's out to buy a few more tests to last me the weekend. Hopefully one with be a BFP.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:25 AM

Robin :::::: I had a good feeling this was your month!!

PBCup, your chart still looks great...maybe today will tell. You too, LizzyQ .: We'll be waiting to hear.

And what about you Goin'Green? Thinking about testing this weekend?

Goin'Green, This is my first PPAF cycle (but I am 40 this year and DH 54!) so I am feeling the time even though I am committed to nursing DS as he needs as he has some other issues, and he couldn't latch til 6 mos so I swore I would nurse him as long as he wanted. My cycles before DS were very regular, and I used NFP for years (cm only) as BC and to get PG.

I'm feeling really frustrated and bummed this morning. My supply is down, probably from the vitex, and DS is saying "the milk's not coming". And I had to stop the maca too because it was giving me an outbreak.:

ZtoA, thanks for looking at my chart, I missed your comment at first.

Acceptance and chilling out is going to have to be key for me. Can't push the river...

Old 08-14-2008, 10:35 AM

pitchfork,

I am not exactly sure what is going with your chart, but I do have a thought...Are you checking your cervical position? I know for lots of people this is a great predictor. I check mine everyday, and it has helped tons. Let me know what you think, and maybe I can give you a few pointers to avoid what I went through before finally understanding it.

You have the right positive attitude. The Universe knows its plans for you, and this is making you stronger to help get you to where you are supposed to be.

Thanks for the positive thoughts on my chart. Of course I am bummed after BFN this am, but hopefully the next few days will bring a positive!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Goin'Green, This is my first PPAF cycle (but I am 40 this year and DH 54!) so I am feeling the time even though I am committed to nursing DS as he needs as he has some other issues, and he couldn't latch til 6 mos so I swore I would nurse him as long as he wanted. My cycles before DS were very regular, and I used NFP for years (cm only) as BC and to get PG.
Pitchfork - Given the fact that you feel you're running out of time, have you thought about things like Clomid? I mean - I hesitate to immediately suggest someting that drastic, but if it could help you ovulate...? Just a thought. Also - given it's the fisrt PPAF if can take a while to come back. So weird about how vitex affects people so differently! I've taken it and didn't notice a thing - but then again, I was a crazy over-producer at first so maybe that has something to do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
Of course I am bummed after BFN this am, but hopefully the next few days will bring a positive!
PBCup - I tested today too!!!!! Tomorrow is our day - we have to visualize that BFP!!! Tomorrow is our day!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:36 AM

BFN this morning. I am due to start AF tomorrow, so I am waiting to test again until Sat morning.

I dreampt last night I got a BFP and hid it from my DH

Old 08-14-2008, 11:37 AM

Lizzy - chart is still lookin good! Dreams about BFPs - those are great dreams to have!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Robin :::::: Goin'Green, This is my first PPAF cycle (but I am 40 this year and DH 54!) so I am feeling the time even though I am committed to nursing DS as he needs as he has some other issues, and he couldn't latch til 6 mos so I swore I would nurse him as long as he wanted. My cycles before DS were very regular, and I used NFP for years (cm only) as BC and to get PG.

I'm feeling really frustrated and bummed this morning. My supply is down, probably from the vitex, and DS is saying "the milk's not coming".
Your supply could be down just from the fact that your cycle is just coming back and the hormones that support pregnancy can lower your milk supply.

User Tag List