symptoms 5 dpo? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2008, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So i've done quite a bit of looking on the WWW and basically everything i've found has brought me no closer to an answer than i was before.

i'm now going into 6 dpo and just dont feel right. i've had a headache since 3dpo, slight twinges in my lower abdomen (minor cramping for a second here and there), and slight nausea. i've been incredibly fatigued the last 2 days to the point of wanting to go to bed as soon as i get home. today i had quite a bit of CM which surprised me quite a bit. i've also been unusually hungry all the time but nothing sounds good and i feel like if i even SAY the word "food" i will vomit.

i was sexually active 2 dbo and 1 dpo.

to some degree, i feel like i should be beginning my cycle any minute, but am still 2 weeks away.

i plan on taking a test in a week, but was curious if any of the mommies here had similar symptoms very early on in their pregnancy. any thoughts would be appreciated. at this point i just feel like i have a cross between the flu and AF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 10:05 AM

Oh yeah, you are not alone!

I had lightheadedness and felt dizzy on and off 1 and 2 dpo. on the 3rd dpo I started gettting cramps those last two days. I have also been very thirsty. Today at 5dpo my belly feels weird, queasy almost. (i'm thinking implantation, maybe) I still have a few more days before I can test, in the meantime I'm becoming impatient:

Hope that helped you some.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:36 AM

Hello- I am at 5DPO today too!

I haven't felt good either (stomach issues, fatigue), although there are multiple things that could be causing it, so I'm not reading too much into it.

I think that the "official" story is that you can't experience symptoms until after your period is due, or at least until after implanation. However, experienced moms know that just isn't the case! I for example definitely had a major dizzy spell before my missed period when I was pregnant with my son. And FWIW, I got a BFN with him on 10DPO before I got my BFP at 14 DPO, so it isn't like I had really high HCG levels or anything. So it is definitley possible- good luck!

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
Old 08-01-2008, 02:37 PM

hey! thought i would chime in since i am also 5 dpo here. feeling all kinds of weird pains and twinges (maybe tmi)....

-slight headache, lightheadedness, little bit queasy-feeling that hungry, empty feeling in tummy even if i just ate.
-weird pains going through my bb's and nipples (i am nursing though), accompanied with lots of stretchy, creamy cervical mucus.
-left side of lower belly feels tight and crampy.
-very tired and irritable

ha! if we are all having these symptoms...maybe we are just obsessing!! lol!

or maybe we are all preggers...wow! can't wait to test ;-)

** during my first 2 pregnancies, i did notice lots of creamy,stretchy cm a few days after conception. i also had the slight cramps early on, and definitely noticed the hollow, hungry feeling in tummy at least a week before i could test. oh, and the slight headaches, too.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i am 10 DPO and my belly has been kinda funny crampy for about 3 days. Today I have this silly headache in my temple. I don't normally get headaches there. I fell asleep yesterday for no reason after work and on my walks to work in the morning I am so tired, like I could lay on the sidewalk and nap.

I'm just trying not to think about it, I have been disappointed so many times before. I don't even really want to test. I am afraid it would be BFN. FF tells me I can test the 7th. I wish it was the 7th.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

Old 08-01-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstar View Post
hey! thought i would chime in since i am also 5 dpo here. feeling all kinds of weird pains and twinges (maybe tmi)....

-slight headache, lightheadedness, little bit queasy-feeling that hungry, empty feeling in tummy even if i just ate.
-weird pains going through my bb's and nipples (i am nursing though), accompanied with lots of stretchy, creamy cervical mucus.
-left side of lower belly feels tight and crampy.
-very tired and irritable

ha! if we are all having these symptoms...maybe we are just obsessing!! lol!

or maybe we are all preggers...wow! can't wait to test ;-)

** during my first 2 pregnancies, i did notice lots of creamy,stretchy cm a few days after conception. i also had the slight cramps early on, and definitely noticed the hollow, hungry feeling in tummy at least a week before i could test. oh, and the slight headaches, too.
facinating, these symptoms match mine exactly except for the bb/nipple pain, but then I never had any breast pain during my first pregnancy and I don't feel letdown when I nurse my son. But the lots of creamy cm/ weird stomach feeling/left side of lower belly pain/tired irritable... I am having all of those to the T! Now originally I wasn't reading anything into these signs, look how we just feed into each others obsessive tendencies!!

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
Old 08-01-2008, 04:48 PM

I am right there with you all I am 8dpo today and I have been feeling like that since 5 dpo too. I took a dollar store test this morning and it was negative. My symptoms match woodstars exactly except for the cm, I have a candida problem so my cm is always sketchy as an indicator. My stomach feels empty right now and I just had two eggs, home fries and some bacon two hours ago. I just wish I knew so I wouldn't be so stressed.

afro.jpg Mom, Wife, Student Midwife and Doula. DD1hearts.gif - 5yrs (Aug 06), DD2 pinktongue.gif - 2yrs (May 09). BFP 3/4/12 - angel1.gif 3/17/12 

Old 08-01-2008, 05:02 PM

I'm at 8dpo and having the same things. Breasts are killer, I just had lunch and could eat agin. I've had some lower abdomen twinges that made me gasp and cramping that seems like AF is at the door. I wanted to go to bed early last night but my daughter was too wound up.
Plus I've googled "early pregnancy symptoms" too many times.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:57 PM

I am 5 dpo too!!! I *think* I am having early symptoms but am not sure, didn't have a ton of symptoms with my preg back in may except tiredness, full/sore BB's and heartburn. Also, major cramping after dtd which is the main symptom I am having now along with my bb's feeling heavier. It is hard to tell if I am more tired than usual or not though.

SAHM to one sweet little
Old 08-02-2008, 01:30 PM

I'm 9dpo and have had many of the same symptoms, the most pronounced being sore breasts and complete exhaustion. I've also had headaches and nausea. ...the thing is I had this last month too and AF raged on anyway so I felt like a complete nutcase! Do you think 9dpo is still too early to test? oy. best of luck everyone!!
Old 08-02-2008, 01:35 PM

The earliest I have gotten symptoms were around 8-9 DPO, and they seemed to coincide with evidence on my chart that implantation occurred a day or two before (with DD there was a dip and with this pregnancy I saw a second temperature shift). I suppose if you have REALLY early implantation it could be possible that these could be symptoms.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:21 PM

I definitely had symptoms beginning at 2dpo. I felt very crampy, achy, bloated in my uterus from 2 through 4 dpo. 5 and 6dpo I experienced nausea. 7dpo through today, 11dpo I've had lots of crampy uterine feelings. The cramps feel like AF is coming on or just started.

Also, at 9dpo I wiped and had a smidge of pinkish tinge mixed with some cm. Today when I wiped I had a bunch of light brownish cm with a big red streak of blood in it.

I tested in the evening of 9dpo: Negative. I tested again in the evening of 10dpo: Negative.

I just got back from the store with another 2-pack of FRER and am going to test again tonight. I'm so convinced I am pg I'm just waiting to see that faint line.

Some symptoms are unmistakable! You know your body best.

Good luck to everyone and keep us updated.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:32 PM
jkg

4 dpo here...having these same symptoms. Today while walking in Target I actually thought I was going to vomit. I was also confused about why/if symptoms could happen so early...but if I am pg, thsi would be my 3rd child so maybe I am feeling things more this time around?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkg View Post
but if I am pg, thsi would be my 3rd child so maybe I am feeling things more this time around?
I *knew* I was pg with my 3rd because I just knew my body so well after experiencing two other pregnancies--I knew what to look for. For me, the crampy feelings, heightened sense of smell, more emotional, etc. are very different when I am in the early stages of pregnancy than at any other time.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:34 AM

hey, i'm 5 dpo too. but the weirdest thing happened this morning...is this normal? my temp went from 97.8 yesterday to 98.8 today....
and the same as all you gals, i've been crampy and headachey. and MOODY.
any body else?
Old 08-03-2008, 09:38 AM

7 dpo and I have been really emotional the last couple days. I mean like REALLY emotional here people, like crying at TV commercials emotional. And this morning I woke up really nauseated, of course that could be because I ate a bunch of cheese-its last night before bed... but I was nauseated yesterday morning too. We'll see...

SAHM to one sweet little
Old 08-04-2008, 02:49 PM

I'm rally dizzy today and my nipples have this bruised look.
Causiously optimistic. I'm not letting myself test for another couple days.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:52 PM
jkg

This is my fourth day of waves of nausea. It is really hard not to test yet!!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

wow thank you all for the replies. it really does help me to not feel so alone in this.

just an update. i am now 10 dpo (counting the day i ovulated) and symptoms have let up a tiny bit but not much. 2 days ago i had a major headache and didnt think it was ever going to go away. i've been getting headaches every day in the evening now. Last night, my boyfriend gave me a hug and it felt like my boobs were being ripped off, they were so painful.

a few days ago i started noticing a creamy white discharge and it has now turned into clear discharge. i get waves of nausea, not bad enough to actually make me vomit though.

i dont want to test yet for fear it is too early and i don't want to freak my boyfriend out when he finds a pregnancy test in the trash. i know you are not supposed to test until after you miss your period, but AF isnt scheduled to come until 8/13. has anyone actually gotten a positive result testing 9 days before AF?
Old 08-05-2008, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

ok so another update...

i took a test today. negative. i know it is too soon to tell, but i was just curious. good thing is, i bought the first response test that includes 3 tests. i'll test again this weekend. i'm moving 1600 miles and having a going away party at which there will be alcohol... lots of it. i just dont want to drink and then find out later i'm pregnant
Old 08-11-2008, 04:30 PM

Any other feedback?
I got AF on day 14. She brought friends. Geesh it was heavy.
This made me wonder if something else was causing all those symptoms or if I just happened to have a particularly strong cycle and we just didn't time BD right.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:38 PM

I got my BFP on saturday (13dpo)!! I had a feeling but that doesn't always mean anything. How about the rest of you ladies?

SAHM to one sweet little
Old 08-25-2008, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

ok so final update for now...

AF finally arrived on day 24. That NEVER happens. I normally get the visit on the 13th of every month, just like clockwork. It was very odd. Lasted for the normal 5 days.

I did test 5 days after the days I was supposed to start and it was negative. I guess it was just stress from dealing with a 1600 mile move.

CONGRATULATIONS STEELDALYN!!!

Anyone else have an update? Any good news????
Old 08-25-2008, 04:52 AM

Well, I would like to chime in here too!!

I am (I think) 9dpo today. I wasn't charting because this was my first AF since having my son. But I have had lower abdominal twinges for several days, light headedness, abdominal tenderness, headaches, nausea and slight food aversions. Plus the increased CM and bloating. I also have tingling in my breast and nipple area, similar to when I was nursing. Add to that the FEELING that I am and I'm pretty much going nuts!!

This wasn't planned, but not an accident either, if that makes sense. DH and I were both VERY aware of where I was in my cycle and opted to not prevent.

I am beyond excited thinking that I might be!! I tested on Thurs (6dpo) and Sat (8dpo)...waaaaay too early, I know. I am going to test again on Wed (12dpo) and then not again til I'm late. Assuming a 28 day cycle, I should start Friday. Before my pregnancy, I had 30 day cycles, so I will test Sun again if Wed is neg.

Am I crazy for being COMPLETELY certain that I am pregnant???? I mean, I have been before, but this is nothing like my son. Maybe it's a girl? lol
Old 08-25-2008, 09:59 AM

Well I got AF between 2-4 days late and it was very light. But all tests were negative.

but after some discussion with DH... Well here I am a few days after O waiting again I am not sure exactly of when I o'd there were a few days of possibilty ( I don't temp) so far I have had some cramping but thats about all.

Congrats STEEDALYN!!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masel View Post
Any other feedback?
I got AF on day 14. She brought friends. Geesh it was heavy.
This made me wonder if something else was causing all those symptoms or if I just happened to have a particularly strong cycle and we just didn't time BD right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoma View Post
Well I got AF between 2-4 days late and it was very light. But all tests were negative.

but after some discussion with DH... Well here I am a few days after O waiting again I am not sure exactly of when I o'd there were a few days of possibilty ( I don't temp) so far I have had some cramping but thats about all.

Congrats STEEDALYN!!
yes, we are still in the same boat, I am pretty sure i o'd on sat the 23rd. SO now also I am waiting to see. My cp seems to be staying high though, just hardening up and creamy sticky mucous. Anyone have experience there.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:41 PM

I'm pretty sure my O date is thurs.the 21st. Atleast thats my best guess.

Today I am having lots of cramping, the past couple of day it has only been in the evenings, so this is new. Last night I had a few waves of nausea. Dh is like "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ANY OF YOUR S+S" He had to hear it all last month and of course I was not pregnant, so he's just being a pita!

Septemberbaby68: My cervix has been high but firm since a couple days after o, today it seemed just a tad lower. yesterday I had some globs of snot like mucus, today its gone, just really wet. does that help any?

My best guess with the cramping is from the eggie travelling along thru the tube.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:30 PM

Ok ladies, I can see that this forum hasn't been happening for a little while but I just wanted to share a couple of experiences and syptoms with you, because hey obsession is what we do and I love reading about other peoples experiences and comparing them to my own situation.

My husband and I have been TTC for the last 6 months. In the time I have MC at 6 weeks (after two months of trying) and at 5 weeks (two months after the first MC). In this situation it is less of a miscarraige and more of what my doctor refers to as early abort. I have a relatively good relationship with my body and am pretty aware of everything that goes on.

The last two times that I have concieved I have had some pretty distinct symptoms. At around 5dpo I feel like I have an ache lower down almost just above the cervix. This happens in the morning times and could almost be likened to how I feel the day I usually get AF. For the record my cycles usually last around 35 days. Also at around 5dpo I get almost a tugging sensation in my lower abdomen. This happens in the afternoon time. At night when I am sitting watching tv I get a fluttering sensations that only lasts a few seconds at a time around the left ovary side. At times I also get a very irritating itch at the bottom of my belly button and I get itchy nipples, mostly on my left side.

After a few days up to 8 or 9 dpo of this sort of behaviour these symptoms disappear and give way to bouts of nausea, only mild but they seem to onset before I would normally eat something, disappear when I eat and then return about 15 mins after I have eaten. I also start to notice that my aerolas darken in colour and that my boobs seem a little bigger. I rarely get sore boobs but my nipples can become very tender.

A few more days of this and then both times I have had positive HPT. The lines weren't as dark as the control but there was definitely a postive result and the first time was confirmed by blood test.

It is my understanding that from the second you concieve and while the egg is on its journey to implantation, your body begins its preparations and all this fluttering, aching and cramping is just your body changing.

Masel said above that she got her AF and it bought friends. I am no doctor and am in no way qualified to diagnose anything but it is possible that you had concieved but early aborted before there was enough hormone to get a positive test. An insignificant production of hcg can be a reason a pregnancy would early abort and would also explain why you wouldn't get a positive HPT.

Anyway, I just thought I would share this with all of you and can say that I am currently experiencing this all over again (2 months since my last early abort) so I have my fingers crossed. I promise to keep you all posted and in the meantime I have another website that I have found full of women that have all had similar experiences and have had positive test results. See here http://www.twoweekwait.com/bfpsymptoms/dpo/

At the end of the day some will argue that it is far too early to notice anything and anybody in an 'official' position to tell you anything will not want to for the sake of their own integrity but I can't deny my experiences or those of the others on the above website and it doesn't do us any harm to day dream while we wait for either a positive result or AF.
I hope that someone finds this helpful and encouraging.

Happy trying and goodluck

<3
Ell

User Tag List