Start of November 2ww??/Anyone else not finding out until later in November? - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-25-2003, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I work a fair bit in Gueph, but mostly in Milton. More on topic: , I may end up going to Guelph to have this baby when I do get pregnant. My doctor is in Mississauga at Credit Valley and that may be a little far to travel, (I am in the middle of nowhere, anything is a little far to travel!) plus I've heard they are very "steril" and not too personal in that department. My choices are Milton or Guelph. Milton scares me as it is still a fairly rinky dink rural hospital despite Milton's growth, but I know NOTHING about Guelph as far as their ob stuff goes. Have you heard anything???? Any input would be great. Funny I went to University of Guelph and worked 5 yrs at the small animal ICU at the university but back then babies never crossed my mind:LOL , hard to imagine a time when babies didn't cross you mind when you're sitting in the 2ww!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2003, 12:45 PM

Wannabe, are you saying you have 3 tests and didn't test this morning?? You are a stronger woman than I!!
On the FRER tests, some say there are some false + I think however and my doc agreed, because they can detect SO early, they detect chemical pregnancies etc. I had a with then and had a blood test done that afternoon and my hcg was only at 8, it was faint but it was a positive. Apparently the chance of miscarriage in the first 2 weeks after conception is somewhere around 80%. So IMHO people who get "false positives" may have been pregnant then had an early miscarriage that came around when their period was due. KWIM?? That was what happened to me this time around.
Another thing I found way back on the board from a while ago was someone posted an article talking about the use of any non steriodal anti inflamatories during that first 2 weeks after conception. It was from Web MD and they saw an 80% jump in miscarriage among women who used advil or motrin as well as the precription ones especially the newer generation "safe" ones such as Celabrex. They say the new ones can prevent proper implantation. I found that interesting as I have rhumatoid arthritis but was told my Celabrex was safe for the first trimester, after which most cases of RA go into remission during pregnancy. That could be the reason for both my m/c's. Needless to say, for now I am sticking only with the steroids they put me on and living with the pain!! I'm not taking ANY chances!!
Old 11-25-2003, 12:55 PM

Small world, Shannon! I just PM'd you with Guelph info.

sorry to hear about your bad night, Letia. sending you patience vibes! happy happy happy...
Old 11-25-2003, 02:13 PM

Can I just tell you all the overwhelming urge I had to go and take the lonely ept that is hiding in my bathroom cabinet after reading your posts. I resisted, as I said yesterday, I am not terribly confident that I am pg. I have no symptoms to speak of, but at 13dpo, I can't help but wonder! I am promising myself not to touch that test unless af doesn't show by Thursday.

But then I'm wondering if my cycles haven't gotten back to normal yet after my m/c. It took 5.5 weeks to get my period afterwards and this is my first cycle after that, so I have no idea if it will be my norm. Maybe pregnancy changed things, maybe my lp is not the old reliable 14 days it used to be, or maybe I didn't have that perfect ovulation when I thought I did. Ugh!

I really enjoyed my laid back, just checking cm, way of knowing my cycle, it was quite reliable for years. But I'm thinking that I can't be messing around here, maybe I should give temping/charting another shot. argh!

Whoever said it was right, the end of the 2ww is freak out time and here I am, freaking out.

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Old 11-25-2003, 03:34 PM

:LOL Shannon! Well, I wasn't sure if it would be a waste to test, since the BFN yesterday! And alexis is helpin me to hold out....I'm not sure whether there's a need to...I mean have I got my answer?

Is *that what the prob w/ FRER is? Well, it says it can detect as early as 4 days to ? I'm now one til...

I don't blame you for taking any chances! I even cut back on some of the supplements I was taking! Now, just prenatal, vit..C, cal, superfood, chromium, and doc said it was safe, so fish oil! (*no metals! )

adventure, we *all are flippin. :LOL We're here for you.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:50 PM

I am from Canada too! I live in WA state now but am originally from Manitoba.

Wanna and Adventure Good luck in these next few days.

I am only 7 DPO so I feel way behind everyone here. I expect Sunday or Monday. I am waiting until at least the 1st to test. I am not feeling too optimistic either. I already have belly "cramping" like af is going to show anyday.

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 11-25-2003, 03:56 PM

hmmm I've had a few speeding tickets in Manatoba:
I'm only 3 days p.o. so you're ahead of me!!
Old 11-25-2003, 04:32 PM

Well I'm on cd 29 which SHOULD be cd1 but AF hasn't showed yet.I tested this morning with fmu but I got what I believe to be unreliable results.The whole shadow line thing....

Here's my issue- I had my freind go to the store for me while I was cooking dindin last night. All they had was an Answer test It's possible that I may not have implanted until today as that is very commonly what happens.Thus the reason they tell you on most tests not to test until the 1st day of your missed period.Being that it's not an FRER I still have hope I really love that test! Anyway if AF doesn't show I will test with FRER on Thurs. That will put me 2 days late and well... I'll be really excited if that happens.

Somethings going on for sure because my boobs are killing me!Whenever ds latches on (every 30 seconds) I'm begging for mercy :LOL So I'm not doubting that I O'd just wondering if this is pgcy symptoms or AF.....Only time will tell

Edited for cd number mistake

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
Old 11-25-2003, 05:03 PM

wow Milkimommi, that sounds encouraging!! If I'm not mistaken, Answer requires an Hcg of 100, which is pretty high, so I sure wouldn't let a neg discourage you.
Fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2003, 05:28 PM

You're right it does!That is alot. Of course I'm getting more excitied by the minute because I'm not having ANY af type cramps at all.I usually do by this point. Even if I'm not pg, I won't be too upset ... this is only our 1st official cycle after ppaf of ttc.A bit bummed maybe but not upset.

My only gripe will be that I wanted a summer baby and after this cycle the chances of that are... well sort of impossible :LOL After this month I don't care when I get pg just as long as it's not taking forever as that seems as thought it can be quite disheartening.

So for all you mamas who have been hangin here in ttc land for a loooong time- this ones for you and I know the feeling is mutal for everyone. A Big Fat TTC !!!

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
Old 11-25-2003, 05:40 PM

To continue the off topic Canadian conversation: Wow, Shannon, your Doc is in Mississauga??? That's far! I wouldn't want to drive that far, even in the summer, when I was in labour!

BTW, when we first moved to ON, we lived in Mississauga for a year (my dh works at UTM). Then this June, we moved to downtown TO. Hated Mississauga with a passion -- dreary suburbia, yuck! We're really urbanites. I know some people love suburbia, but it made me depressed.

But they do have good hospitals, I hear. I'm personally hoping to go the midwife/ home birth route, if possible. Luckily, there are two midwife collectives in my area.... and the sister of one of my California friends is a midwife at one (and happens to be my friend's-who's-pregnant's midwife! Small world, indeed!) Sorry, I know nothing about Guelph hospital but I'm glad you got a PM from Heveasoul

Naturegirl, wow, it's a Canadian love-fest over here! My friend who had a baby in WA state 6 years ago had a pretty decent hospital birth with very little intervention (other than the epidural, which she asked for immediately ) I was her "labor coach" and I must say I was pleased with the staff and their policies. (She was in Poulsbo, then, I think. She moved a lot, though, so I may be remembering the wrong town. Now she's back in CA.)

OK, to go back on topic: wannabmommie, hang tough! I'm proud of you for waiting to test... I'm gonna wait a couple of days myself. As my dh pointed out, what's the difference? We treat our bodies as if they are pregnant already, anyway. A few days won't hurt anything. (Boy is it hard to heed his advice, but I think sticking together is a good thing!)

Good for you, taking charge of the diabetes thing I'm asthmatic, and this year is really the first year I've done enough to keep it under control. It's hard, I wanted to wish it away, being in total denial. But I had an ephiphany this summer, where I realized I am worth the $100 (CAD) medication it takes to keep my asthma under control. Being cheap may be a good thing sometimes, but not when it comes to my health!

Milkymommie & Adventuregirl -- good luck on testing thursday! (Wannabmommie, will you join them? I probably will, if I can't get a Drs appointment this week). Go thursday BFPs!!!!

Naturegirl -- lots of us have had AF-like cramping ahead of time, which we have now heard is a good preg sign (Never knew before I came in here). So, maybe that is what it is for you, too! (I have had cramping all along, from about 2 days post bding to now, CD35, @20dpo, no AF). Good luck!

To continue my saga -- AF still hasn't showed (*Possible TMI ahead*) Last night I had a weird vaginal discharge -- slimy mucus, which was *almost* like ewcm, but more watery by far. I think it was arousal fluid, but that was weird, since I was just doing the dishes! I mean, why would that arouse me? (Other than being proud of myself for overcoming inertia to do the dishes, I mean). Anyway, I did feel horny, tho -- jumped my dh when I went to bed, which was fun Otherwise, my cm has been white and creamy, but not too much so. For awhile I thought I had a yeast infection, but I think it was just a little itchy from increased bloodflow (?) Not a very pleasant feeling, btw...

OK, so I have all these preg symptoms -- and yet no BFP! I'm going to go to the Drs to test when I can get an appointment (need to call today) -- if I can't get an appointment until later, I'll test thursday with everyone else here who's waiting til then!

Old 11-25-2003, 06:47 PM

Thursday testers!!!

I'm an early one here...3 DPO. Not feeling impatient (yet!)...I think I'll handle this wait better (ha ha - so she says now...), since I can test on the day dh and I leave on a 2-week vacation. Soooo...we'll either go away knowing/finding out there that I'm preggers, or I let the sun and surf soothe my AF state, PLUS have some fun vacation BDing, lots of it!

Shannon, I PM'd you the Guelph info, plus St. Jacob's. Not sure which is closer for you.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
All this anticipation of testing-I can hardly resist it myself.
But alas....some cramping today-9 dpo- so I'm not getting my hopes up. No other real signs of preg though I never had any with my other 2 this early either.
I'm a short LP gal so I just pray for 10 days since it was only 7 last month
Only my 2 second month with DD weaned so just hoping things get back on track soon since my cycles were normal for the last 20 yrs!
Hang in there soon to be testers!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:24 AM

AACK, I just need some support!

I am only 8 dpo (almost 9!! :LOL ), and even so, the urge to test is GREAT. I know that I will get a I have two beautiful FRER under my bathroom sink. My 21 month old finds them occasionally and shows them to me.....I'm taking this as a sign that I should test : , but not better childproof. :LOL

At 2 DPO, I got very sick, incredibly nauseous, dizzy, chills, a possible fever. Thinking back, I remember thinking I had the flu when I was pregnant w/Aidan before I had missed my period. So that is starting to make me a little ild

I'm also quite intuitive when it comes to my body. I *know* that there is a fertilized egg in my uterus right now, and I have felt lots of very gentle cramping and uterus tightening. I *think* I may have implanted yesterday, but I am not sure. And who knows if it will stick anyway. I'm also starting to break out again, and that doesn't usually happen until cd 12 or 13. :

So tell me, how sensitive are these FRER tests at 10dpo? I would love to test on Thanksgiving, but I would like to hold out until DPO 12. I told hubby that I wouldn't know until Dec 1 (14dpo and cd1), as I want to surprise him if I get a

AAAHHH, its funny, I'm more concerned about *knowing* what is going on, vs. being pregnant. This limbo is just hard on the mind and the heart. Let me know so I can get ready again! Getting close, sucks

Amy
Old 11-26-2003, 01:17 AM

that sounds encouraging! I'm feeling discouraged. I really wanted a bad. Having taken a FRER yesterday, I don't feel hopeful.

alexis, I'm not sure about testing again....
I had a bit of cramping again today, very light. A good bit of creamy cm one visit. \

I *am praising God for 12dpo. I don't have an lp defect!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:15 AM

Well, even though I am still new here, I thought I would post an update....
I am only 7 dpo, but I am very doubtful about this month. I don't think we were close enough, and I really didn't "try" too hard this time. I was thinking if I got preg now, I would be SOOO sick at Christmas and that is how I was with my third, so I though it wasn't a big deal. Now I am so angry at myself I missed a month. December will month 6.....
As far as symptoms go, nothing. So I am guessing I will be here next month too....

Here's hoping for all you "almost positives"!!!!

Caroline
Old 11-26-2003, 03:04 AM

Wannabmommie -- stay positive, honey! There's a big chance you hadn't implanted in time to test positive. One way or the other, you will know soon. Isn't there time to be upset when AF makes all the testing obsolete? (I am praying this doesn't happen for you! May you not see AF until a good time after your sweet new baby is in your arms next August!) I know how hard it is to stay positive after you kill your vision trying to see a faint line that isn't there... and then swearing that you just can't see it because you need (new) glasses! But my researching this further suggests that late implantation is common... So try to keep positive. There will be time to be depressed later, if the news is bad (May it not be so!)

A bonus thought for all of us: I know SO MANY people with Aug/Sepy/Oct birthdays -- now whether that's cause bding is so much fun in the fall/winter or whether we tend to be biologically predisposed to summer babies, who knows? But I know one thing: we can *hope* the latter explanation has something to do with it!

Amy -- I feel the same way about my body... I could *feel* what was going on earlier this month. Whether I'm right or not, I have no idea yet (no AF still, though, and that is a good sign). Hang in there for maybe a few days more. A few pages back someone (heveasoul? I forget -- but a big thankyou to whoever it was!) posted a couple of urls to me that have tests and the amount of hormone they need to test -- one of the links also had a chart that gave the average amount of hormone put off by women each day. See how that measures in terms of when you thought you *felt* implantation and then test when that average suggests you should....

was that clear? I sound confused even to myself.

Good luck Ann, Caroline, Amy, Wannabmommie and the rest of you! Good luck to us thursday testers!!!

couldn't we all use a little right about now? I know I could!
Old 11-26-2003, 08:41 AM

alexis...*thank you! I am feeling more hopeful again. But, it looks like my temp is tanking....(another toss out this am....*why OH *why am I up at 5 am?). I'm frustrated b/c its been thrown out, O/S won't adjust it if its not w/i 90 minutes. I *need accurate temps right now!!!! I'm not sure what to think....I didn't test again this am. Not sure about retesting. is scheduled for Thanksgiving. : Its been a dysmenorhea drama each time! I have to go to the homeless shelter that am, and who *wants to have and all his glory on a holiday! I was looking at the progression of CM....the CM proceeding is sticky...., not creamy...which I've been seeing at *least once a day, maybe the last two)

I'm wondering what I'm gonna give dh for his birthday friday....I had *so many hopes wrapped up in givin him *something that told him his child was here. Somehow, I'm not feelin going shopping....
Old 11-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Good frickin' gravy, I am finally here!!!!

3dpo.....

Here's to waiting!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 11-26-2003, 12:54 PM

letia
i hope keeps away and you're able to give dh a for his birthday

ann,
does today make it 10dpo? congrats on the longer LP i hope it's an indication is not coming to visit for a loong time

amy,
if i were in your situation i'd probably try to wait. i know the temptation of *knowing right now* but it's very likely to get a false negative at your stage. but then again if i could afford it, i'd POAS every morning just for fun :LOL so anyways...

alexis,
i've spent many hours obsessing over that site trying to calculate and recalculate when i'd be sure to get an accurate result based on suspected O. i guess it helps distract me from staring at my poor excuse of a chart :LOL
Old 11-26-2003, 01:02 PM

Well, 4 dpo now and I don't know if it's a good or bad sign, but last night I nearly ripped dh's head off because he hadn't bothered to do the dishes from the night before while I was out grocery shopping--in my mind, the world would likely come to an end if those plates stayed in the sink one more minute:
Then this morning I was all weepy, which is unusual for me. Also I am very dry, really no cm to speak of, I don't know what kind of sign that is.
I've got my fingers crossed and am sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear from all you thursday testers You should all try to test at the same time, maybe it would be a good luck thing, you know a bunch of women all over the place poas at the same time:
All right, clearly I'm not that rational, so I guess I'll get some real work done!
Old 11-26-2003, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I finally get to join you ladies in the 2ww!
I'm 3dpo according to FF. Jodie's Chart
Goodluck to the Thursday testers!!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jessica, thanks for the boost-yes today is 10 dpo which is good for my LP-BUT having crampy feelings so who knows-oddly enough this is combined with nausea last night and today so who else but obsessive TTC women would be glad for nausea:
So while I think PMS is coming quickly one can't help but obsess and HOPE just a little bit...

Hang in there Latia, wishing you good news!

Good news to the rest of you too

Happy Thanksgiving all!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:25 PM

yay, Adina, Yay Jodie!! Happy O!

Congrats, Ann, on the longer LP! C'mon now, streeeeeeetch it out longer...like 9 months longer!

Shannon - bad sign for dh! :LOL

Caroline, welcome! Don't beat yourself up - maybe it means your baby wants to come to you a month later...or maybe you did catch that egg!

s Letia, for the rollercoaster you've been on lately!

Go Thursday testers!! I think it's time for another babydust cheer pyramid!

------------------------------
-------------------
---------
-----
Old 11-26-2003, 06:53 PM

Has anyone heard of massive hormonal swings at just 4 dpo?? I don't get PMS but I'm just a complete mess today--it's lucky I work for myself or I'd have fired me! I just spent the last hour balling while watching Life Network's Birth Stories--all happy stories but I'm a pathetic mess
I hope I've cryed myself out, I have a meeting tonight!
Old 11-26-2003, 09:57 PM

Heck, Shannon, A Baby Story *always* makes me cry! I mean, how can you not cry? It's emotional. (I cry at A Wedding Story, too) Actually I'm glad we switched to basic cable -- I'd be a mess these days if I had all those baby shows to watch!

Plus, my husband got to the point where he threatened to scream if I made him watch another emergency C-section! What is it with him, he can't handle a little surgery? To me it seems old hat...

But I'm sorry you're not having a good day, Shannon, in terms of being overly emotional, sounds like you could use a big hug! I think everyone repsonse is different to hormones, so I have no idea whether this is a good sign for you or not.

OTOH, I bet your dh will wash the dishes next time

I think we all need a It seems like that sort of day!

Letia, dear, I'm feeling your pain! Hang in there as much as you can. You *will* be pregnant, if not this month then next, I just know it. Happy Birthday to your dh - my birthday is a week and a day away I'm excited.

welcome to all the new 2wwers -- hope ya'll have an easy, calm wait and BFPs at the end of your wait!

OK, let's go thursday testers! (I didn't buy a hpt. I'm gonna go to a heath clinic thursday instead of waiting to get an appointment -- I need to know whether I have bronchitus now, that flu just won't get out of my chest. I seem mostly healthy, but yuck! Phleghm!)

Love the baby dust pyramid

Old 11-26-2003, 11:23 PM

OMG! Its less than 6 hours until Thursday and I totally want to test! Its cd 31 and af has NEVER come later than this (other than pg) and I have no signs of her arrival. But, I have zero pg symptoms and am worried that my cycle is not back to normal after my m/c. BAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I totally want to test right now, but I feel like I need to just wait until the am. AAARRRRGGGHH!!!!
I will post as soon as I can after testing, tomorrow is a busy day and we have an overnight guest, so it could be tricky, but I will let you all know as soon as I can. Happy Thanksgiving!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Old 11-26-2003, 11:49 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Adventuregirl I will be praying for a BFP for you tomorrow! Good luck. It sounds very promising.

I am 8 DPO and have had a minute amount of spotting yesterday and today. I think the late O this cycle may bring an early for me. I guess that is good and bad. I would want to move on to the next cycle as soon as possible if I am not pregnant. IYKWIM I hope it holds off for a couple of more days though so I can at least have a 10 day LP.

Adina! Welcome. How are you feeling? Happy to see you back.

Shannon, I know I had massive mood swings after my m/c last year and seem to be more sensitive to hormonal changes ever since. I think you can have a mini post-partum depression with a loss of any kind and obviously we are all sad to begin with. I have also been extremely emotional this post-O. I hope for both of our sakes it is a good sign. Hope you are feeling happy for the holidays!

Welcome to the obsession Jodie

Ann, I pray for pregnancy related nausea all the time. I know EXACTLY what you mean. :LOL Hope your cramping is implantation and that nausea is "for real".

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 11-27-2003, 12:01 AM

Hang in there, adventuregirl, and you other Thursday testers!! Patience vibes, patience vibes...

Cheryl, how long is your LP usually? Any hope that it's implantation spotting?

Shannon - hope you're feeling better this evening!

No news from me...4 DPO...eagerly awaiting to read about a whole rash of BFPs from those of you nearing the end of the 2-ww!
Old 11-27-2003, 02:33 AM

Hi all. Hope everyone is still feeling hopeful and positive!

I am testing tomorrow a.m., Thanksgiving. I was supposed to get AF today and it is rarely not completely on time, sometimes early...

Wish me luck. I'll let you know the results.

User Tag List