Start of November 2ww??/Anyone else not finding out until later in November? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 12:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jeez, I finally cool it a little on checking the boards 14 times a day, and there's so much going on I can't keep up! (Not that I really stopped obsessing, I was just reading my new fertility books)

Bearsmama,

Congratulations!

Have a great nine months, and a wonderful easy birth.

Could you please spread a lot of that "it happens much faster than we think it will" baby dust on the rest of us.

Letia,

What a month! I'm still hoping that it ends in a BFP.

Alexis,

I'm amazed you're still sane.

Adventuregirl,

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Sorry to all who've got another month to go. Let's have lots of Holiday babies!
#422 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 02:00 AM

Gonnabamom -- am I still sane? Sometimes I doubt it :LOL Then again, I've always been a bit loopy! Insane in the membrane, and *proud* of it :LOL

But no, after the last BFN, and my slide into sadness, then no AF, and even *more* pregnancy symptoms appearing this week, I just realized that obnoxiously positive is still the way to go, until AF shows.

Reading the book by Pema Chodron (sp?) Sunday/Monday really helped a lot, too! (It's called When Things Fall Apart). I find great comfort in Buddhist philosophically, even if I am not one Buddhist (off topic info about me: I am a Jew-by-choice ) There is something very valuable to me in allowing myself to just feel what I'm feeling and not make judgements about it, and not play mind games with myself by imagining it to be worse than it is. I know that even the worst case scenario of not being able to concieve would be OK, since I think it is a mitzvah (blessing/ commandment) to adopt. I know that wouldn't work for everyone, and I know that I would be SO sad, if I couldn't give birth myself, but it would be OK, in the end. I would get to be a momma. And that's what I want most

Sorry if that bums anyone out, it's just my perspective, and I'm not saying that it applies to anyone else!

And anyway, I remain obnoxiously positive that we are ALL gonna get our babies!!!!!! So there! :LOL
#423 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 02:05 AM

Amy -- you're not out of the game by a long shot! You tested *so* early... hang in there!

Wannabmommie -- you hang in there too!

Um... I wish there were a hang in there smiley -- you know, that little kitty hanging from the limb in that infamous poster.. shouldn't we have ourselves one of those smilies? Or is there one that I don't know about? Someone tell me if there is, OK?

lexie the nearly-sane
#424 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 02:41 AM

The results are in and you won't believe it! A BIG FAT negative I'm honestly in shock.I was SO surprised.After all these symptoms .... nothing totally scratching my head.

I am thinking I didn't O due to irregularity caused by bf.Still no AF on cd 32.I REALLY wanted that summer baby as I've never had one, all 3 of my squirts are winter bundles But it's ok I'm not upset just a little bummed about the timing issue.I just hope I O this month so we can try try again

BEARSMAMA!!!!! Hurray for a Turkey Day BFP!!!!

------------------
---------------------------

I think I'll head back over to pre O land for now...and wait for something to happen.I'll keep checking in OF COARSE! More BFP's. Ms. Letia are you next?!!!!

Choosing to stay obnoxiously positive anyway, your ttc pal

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#425 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 04:58 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Bearsmama - CONGRATS!!!! That is the best Thanksgiving present ever!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#426 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 10:35 AM

alexis,
i'm on pins and needles waiting to hear the results of that blood test. i don't suppose there's a chance the office is open obscenely early for black friday? :LOL that was a neat run in with your neighbor, i bet it made your day. something as silly as that would put such a smile on my face

letia,
i'm glad is still away but sorry about your BFN. i hope you get your BFP very soon so all this confusion can end. i still think you're and unless shows her ugly face, will continue to believe so.

kristie,
i can't believe you didn't get a BFP either! maybe it's something with the weather causing all you preggo gals to get BFN's :LOL
#427 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 10:49 AM

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, ALL!!!

I am really quite moved to get all the congratulatory responses. It is too early IRL to start spreading the news, so this is like my private celebration! Whoo-hoo!

Thank you for the EDD info, too.

I will check in with all of you. I only hope that you have the same kind of luck I had this month! I feel very lucky & blessed and I will send preggers vibes to all of you.
#428 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:14 PM

I wish I could be as confident as you; but, these BFN's! : Got *two more today! I did the Mama's Favorite I had to see if it looked different, and then I did the *last FRER....dh is worth it!

Temp got thrown out today....bladder woke me up at 4:30. I was wide awake, did the Mama's Fav, and came out to chart on the computer.... fwiw.: O/S tossed it and put me 15dpo. I fell back alseep and got up at 7:45;brought my therm to the living room, in case I did that; but, don't think I slept out here for three uninterrupted hours! A bit restless, trying to get comfortable and warm.....took it anyway, it was high. Not sure if its any good. No CM to speak of....not sure if this i a *good or bad thing. I Oed so, I guess its not annovulatory, right? I found out lp isn't affected by external factors; but, can vary by a day and was due yesterday, so I'm just seeing if she comes today, and my lp was just a day longer. 90% of women test 14dpo, could I *really actually be in that small pecentage? I'm not sure if this is good or bad....at least I know I Oed....so, what's the deal? I'm *so pitiful! I'm *so :. Thanks for bearing with me.
#429 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:38 PM

Hang in there, Letia! ! I know you just want an answer either way (well, one way?) - patience vibes coming your way!

Kristie.

Ok, so maybe we all have to wait till Monday for all those BFPs?

mdc private party for Bearsmama!! !

Thanks for the preggers vibes!! Next Saturday...!!

So Alexis, lemme get this straight...you're HOW many DPO at this point, like 100? :LOL. Ok, what, 22? Is there really any doubt? How long is your LP usually? I can't believe you won't just stop past a Shoppers for us, just so you can let us know! (cuz it's all about us :LOL!) Ok, ok, have it your way...but nonetheless, we are waiting with bated breath...!
#430 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:39 PM

Hang in Letia, for what it's worth, my first pregnancy (which unfortunately ended in miscarriage) I had given up, even though I'm never late, cause even 4 days after AF was due, I still got a BFN when I tested, I retested at 7 days late because I couldn't keep anything down and low and behold got a BFP.
So in short, it ain't over till the fat lady sings!!
#431 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:40 PM

Alright Hevasoul--quit posting at the same time as me!!!
#432 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:43 PM

Good point re Alexis, I mean we want to know!!
FWIW Alexis, both Loblaws and Walmart have single tests for only $6.95!!!!!!! Shall we all go together and get her one, it may be quicker than waiting for that lab!!!!
#433 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:43 PM

:LOL
oooooh (enter Twilight Zone music here)...eerie synchronicity!
#434 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:43 PM

Wannabmommie, I know of one lady who never tested positive until 18DPO! Hope this is the case for you.

Man, so many BFN's lately. I am so sorry ladies. That is such a bummer. Hope those are "tested to early" BFP's in disguise!

I can't believe all the positive vibes on this board. It is great! I especially need them this cycle, being my m/c anniversary and my 12th month ttc I am hoping next month will be better.

My temps. dropped drastically today (below cl) but still only spotting. Have a feeling will show later today or tomorrow for sure. Just got that pre-af feeling in my body.

Wannabmommie, Alexis, Jessviola, Adina, Milkymommi, gonnabeamom, Amy, Heveasoul

Thank you all for your neverending good vibes and support.

Cheryl

to anyone I missed still waiting here with us.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#435 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:45 PM

ok, now you stop it! :LOL!

Maybe Letia will get the photo she asked for...but not one of ladies doing lunch, rather one of the two of us barging in at Alexis', with hpts in hand!
#436 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:46 PM

Sorry Shannon!

A load of baby dust just for you!

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#437 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:48 PM

Good morning ladies! :LOL

#438 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:50 PM

yall are so sweet and ! :LOL I looked at the chart of a girl who got a BFP on my other board. She tested BFN on CD 33, which is *my day today, and got a BFP and CD 40! *Really, the OB said test next *week......maybe she *actually *knew what she was talking about! :LOL

Alexis....you have *stalkers! :LOL OH! and Alexis don't *you have to wait some time for a BFP?
#439 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:50 PM

Now there's a plan! She said she was in Toronto right, I can be in the city within 40 min:LOL
Course the snow is really coming down here now:
#440 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 01:57 PM

That's right, and maybe a little bit bad....!
#441 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 04:03 PM

Ah, ya'll make me laugh _so_ hard! Stalkers! What fun!

And no, I'm not 100 dpo! :LOL 22dpo, to the best of my recollection And no AF. Not even a hint of her (no spotting, I mean). Wouldn't it be crazy if I ended up being one of those women who go the entire time without testing positive? UGH!! That might drive my dh insane ("but honey, the test was negative" he might say, as he watched our babies head crowning. :LOL)

OK, but to get serious on you for a minute. I did end up poas today. BFN My friend had sent one of her old tests all the way from the States (such a sweetie). Here's the problem with the test: the expiration date (expiry date, for you native Canadians) is Nov. 1, 2003. So, only a month expired... does that count?

I really want it not to count. I don't think I'm gonna tell my dh about it. Free test, no harm, no foul -- right????

Besides which, I think my urine is just bizarre - as Wannab remembered, I've had a history of testing negative when I should have tested positive. (Don't know the exact dates on that previous test experience, because my cycle was so erratic at that point in my life). So the blood test should be more accurate for me...

Anyway, the Dr said results should be back today, but the receptionist at the lab said she thought more like two days (and they are open tomorrow). I'm gonna start calling today at @ 4 (that's Eastern Standard Time, for those of you not on this coast!!!)

OK, the other possibility is that I am on a anaovulatory post-pill cycle and need to wait (and wait and wait) for my cycle to restart. But then, what about the ewcm?

Though, did I mention I had a tiny amount of ewcm the day AF was due? I mean, what's up with that? We did bd, btw, so if it was then, maybe I am preggers anyway.

This is the weirdest thing ever, ttc! I mean, for years and years I was *afraid* of getting pregnant again! I didn't want to have another abortion, and having a baby when my dh wasn't ready was not an option for me -- since that's what my mom did with both her kids (we've got different dads) and I didn't like the fact that my dad was coerced into having me... it makes for a bizarre relationship, kwim? I mean, he loves me, but I can't help thinking his life would've been different/better if mom had just waited... hers too, actually. Maybe she would have finished university.

Anyway, I spent like 8 years worried about being pregnant (even on the pill) and now I'm doing the *exact* opposite! Life is a trip!!

Thanks so much ladies, for caring so much that you're willing to burst into my house in order to make me poas! With friends like that, who needs stalkers?

Happy post-thanksgiving shopping to the US gals on the list. It's the one thing about Thanksgiving I miss, being in Canada now.
#442 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 04:08 PM

Shannon --

you have *snow* today? It's raining cats and dogs here in TO, but it isn't snowing!

Just one more reason to move to the big City:LOL

(It did snow about two days ago or so. But not too much.)
#443 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 04:16 PM

Snow, freezing rain, rain, we've had it all today. I've been pulling people out of the ditch like crazy cause the highway is closed so our poor little dirt road is suddenly getting a bunch of traffic. It's official, city folk have NO clue how to drive on a dirt road that's just been snowed on!!!! I'm done playing good samaritan now though, they can pay for a tow truck from here on in
I think expiry date does play a big role, so hang in. We have to go to the MIL to help them move AGAIN!!!!! I'm gonna go buy a little car so people stop asking me to haul stuff. 3 moves in 2 yrs is just too much!!
#444 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 04:18 PM

Oh and as a rule, I don't like to see people, that's why I hermit out here with my doggies!! Soooooo...... there is NO good reason to move to the city--this is what I payed extra for 4 wheel drive is for!!
#445 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 04:55 PM

Ah, Shannon, all my neighbors say they are hermits, too... I've been thinking lately that it's something in the Canadian psyche that I just don't get. (Though I also see it in some US States as well, particularly the more rural ones). All my neighbors, even the ones who are very socialable (but say they are hermits!) say they would rather live in the country, but they can't afford to!

I understand the desire to hole up -- I am a stay-at-home writer most of the time, except when I am teaching Tribal Belly dance, or performing. Being a poet/writer is a loner occupation. But I'd go a little stir crazy if I didn't know that there were people all around me, who I *could* see, if I so chose, at any moment. I like that I am alone in the midst of everything....

I have a doggie, too He's my doggie-baby. (He's a minature poodle-mut.) He even has baby sling days, when I wrap him up in a sling and carry him around the house. How's that for dedication to baby slinging!!!???

Actually, I got my first sling when I was about ten. I wonder what happened to it? I would sling babies when I babysat. Really useful, that. With my dog, I just use an extra long piece of sari fabric I got real cheap. He jumps up and down whenever he sees it, very excited. Then calms down and goes into a vegetative state when I carry him around...

Hope the people stop ditching themselves in front of your house soon! And for pete's sake, stop helping people move if it drives you wacky! Or limit them to one move every five years or something. It really is much easier on everybody just to rent a U-haul. (Or budget truck, whatever).

Don't we all need a little dust right now? I think I do!

#446 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 05:21 PM

Sorry to read about your BFN, Alexis. How frustrating.

Glad we didn't have to resort to breaking and entering...!!

Your O date - is it based on cm alone, or were you taking your temps, too? Is it possible that you O'd later than you thought, making it too soon to test? Would a blood test be any more sensitive than POAS? They both look for hCg, right, and if it's too soon...

ikwym about the wild ride of ttc after years of fearing it...! Dh and I have been together 8 years (married 3 months), and now that we're ready (as we'll ever be!), it's hard to accept that it's not just going to happen. We weren't ready when we were younger...I'm just hoping that our baby will find us soon!

Wet, heavy snow in Guelph today, too...Yeah - the desire to hibernate - it's got to be the climate! And I agree - it's much easier to get away with it outside of the city (I'm in between you two - not rural, but next to it, and not Big City)

!!
#447 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 05:38 PM

Yeah, heveasoul, my o date is by cm alone (and mittleschmertz), as I'm not a very good candidate for temping (based on the fact that I am an insomniac, and don't wake up at a regular time.) Plus, we were shooting for a Jan/Feb conception time, until I realized (right before I believe I Oed) that if I concieved now, we would have a summer baby, and most likely a Leo to boot. (I am a Sag, with my moon in Leo -- my mom's an astrologer -- and I love Leos.) Then I got all intense about this being a good month. I'm not the most patient person, as I believe I've discussed many, many, many times!

(Also I had a strong hormonal urge to procreate right around when I Oed. I felt like jumping my dh every time I looked at him!! A lot of that might have been that I was freed from the low-sex-drive my pills were causing, but I think it was also a biological urge.)

Ugh. I should've stuck with the going-with-the flow-for-the-first-few-months plan!

So, yes, I definitely might have Oed later. I actually may not have Oed at all. But I had the classic mittleschmertz pain (that I remember from before I went on the pill -- and actually, at times I felt it while I was on the pill. It was one of those low dose ones.)

Yes, from what I hear blood tests are more sensitive than poas tests. So, even if I Oed last week (when I had the weird one second of ewcm and jumped my husband right after I saw it!) a blood test would theoretically catch that as a pregnancy, whereas a poas test probably wouldn't.

OK, I'm going to try to stop obsessing about this for another 30 minutes, listen to my depressing music in the meantime and then call the lab. I'll get back to ya'll asap.

BTW, I'm sure glad no one decided to break into my house! It'd be really cold in here if any of the windows got broken! But not as cold as it is in Guelph! :P
#448 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 05:51 PM

Well, hang in there.

For what it's worth, my mittleschmertz doesn't seem to coincide with the actual day of O. I read somewhere (on this list, perhaps?) that sometimes the body is trying to ovulate, which is why you can feel those O pains even if you haven't yet O'd...

#449 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 06:42 PM

alexis,
well it's 4:39 here EST
i say the expired test does NOT count. when i was 1 week late i tested with an expired test and got a BFN with FMU. then i went to CVS on the way home from dropping off dh at work and bought the cheapest i could find and went home and tested and got a BFP. expired tests don't count and that's according to my official POAS rules :LOL

i guess i should also mention that i've read that getting EWCM at different times during your cycle could indicate it's annovulatory but you're too late for that
#450 of 526 Old 11-28-2003, 07:03 PM

trying to keep my calm as I wait for the friggin' doctor to call me frigging back... I called them a little before 4 actually, then one of my "recluse" neighbors came over and chatted while our doggies played It was a nice distraction, especially as he is one of the slightly self-obsessed neighbors. (I do love them, but some of our neighbors are a tad narcessistic!)

Anyway, frigging heck, where's the test result? I'm waiting!

(See how much I'm an adult now? I've even swearing less! One time, when I was a teenager, during finals in HS, I started swearing out of total frustration, standing in line in the cafeteria. All the sudden, I turned around and the _Assistant Principal_ was behind me! She was laughing. And she was the one who was supposed to be in charge of our "no swearing on campus" policy! I just turned around and continued swearing, glad she was kinda amused. My swearing vocabulary is, um, how to put this? -- extensive and imaginative :LOL I could put a sailor to shame, if I put some thought into it! And I definitely love making people laugh. It's the actor in me.)

Anyway, stupid lab seems like they haven't gotten the stupid test done yet. Ugh ugh and double ugh! It's an hour after I called!!!

I'm going to have to get on their case, I think. Let me get back to you...

Jess -- I also read about the annovulatory thing with excess ewcm. However, this was just a tiny bit, and I've had times when there was mucus in my AF. So, that's what I thought it was... I'm not sure if that would happen early in pregnancy or not.

anyway, back as soon as I hear anything....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page