Start of November 2ww??/Anyone else not finding out until later in November? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 526 Old 11-13-2003, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I've been lurking here for a few days and I thought I'd jump in...

We just started ttc #2 and I'm in my first 2ww...about 5 dpo, I think...I'm not charting these days but I've been getting very clear signs of ovulation.

We have a history of infertility (took 2 yrs to conceive dd) but that was due to my lack of regular cycles/ovulation (which seems better since pg, although my cycles are still irregular) and sperm issues with my dh (which as of three years ago were resolved due to surgery, but don't know where things stand right now). So anyway, starting this process up again is exciting but also kind of fraught for me.

Mainly I'm just trying not to obsess over possible symptoms.....
#182 of 526 Old 11-13-2003, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DalaiMama
Jeez, I feel like I've been here FOREVER! Can it be that it's only been two weeks?
Totally!

And my AF is due tomorrow...

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#183 of 526 Old 11-13-2003, 02:40 PM

Welcome Pinky! Have a nice short stay.

Laurata, If you temps are still up, I'd test tomorrow. Truth be told if it were really me I'd have tested every day, but I'm a recovering test-aholic.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

I'm obsessing about my chart

My chart

I 've had a couple of dips, nothing really out of the ordinary, but of course the back of my brain is going implantation dip! implantation dip!

The front of my brain is waiting for tomorrow's results.
#184 of 526 Old 11-13-2003, 03:42 PM

I tested yesterday afternoon. BFN. My temp is still up this morning, 15 dpo. I don't know what to think. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. I may call the doctor to and ask when I should expect my period if it's going to come.

Good luck everybody!!!

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
#185 of 526 Old 11-13-2003, 05:36 PM

hello ladies!

welcome to those who just moved over from pre-O! i hope your wait is short, not too stressful and that it ends with good news!!

laurata, i'm sorry about your test yesterday - that is confusing... and still no AF? does progesterone extend the luteal phase? my fingers are still crossed for you!

gonnabeamom - what day are you on? are you testing tomorrow? i can't see your chart?!? good luck!!

lucysmama - congrats on finally Oing! it sounds like maybe your body just needed to gear back up - i hope you are feeling good and caught that egg.

well,
my chart still shows good temps but i am expecting AF to show today or soon. this is my first month testing, but it looks like my temps might not drop until after AF arrives anyway, based on the beginning of this month. i sure hope AF stays away and then i'll test either friday or saturday morning...

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#186 of 526 Old 11-13-2003, 06:40 PM

I am 9 dpo. Trying *very hard* not to test. Bought a test from the drugstore yesterday when I made a run for oj for my dh, who is very sick with the flu. I am worried I will get what he has and well... you know the fear I'm trying not think about it.

I explained all my symptoms to my single-mama best friend and she said, "well, you're either sick, or you're pregnant."

That just about sums it up from me. Not feeling too hot either way.

to all of us!
#187 of 526 Old 11-13-2003, 08:10 PM

I just fixed my link (I think!)

I'm CD 25 8 DPO.

Still trying to be mellow, because though I'd like to test this Sunday (11 DPO) I had originally planned to wait for next weekend, which would have me way past my usual cycle length and into "seriously safe to be hopeful territory"

Yeah, Right. It's a little harder now that I have my just about first reliable O date.

vibes for everyone

Hang in there Alexis! Waiting for the test to be reliable may be the hardest part.
#188 of 526 Old 11-13-2003, 09:45 PM

Just dropping in to spread some baby dust around! I am anxiously awaiting your arrival on the prego board! ALL OF YOU!

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#189 of 526 Old 11-13-2003, 10:44 PM

Well, crap. Tested today, and got that one lonely line, although I didn't use fmu. I'm pretty sure I'm 14 dpo. Thank goodness I got the 2 pack of tests. So, since AF ISN"T showing up ( this is where obnoxiously positive comes in for me ), when would you all suggest testing again?
#190 of 526 Old 11-13-2003, 11:08 PM

Dalaimama-Thanks for the encouragement. Just checked my calendar for sure and I am at CD15. I have until the 26th until I can test. I *think* we struck while the iron was hot, but I'm not sure. We'll see in two weeks. Ahhhh, the waiting...

Best of luck to you, sounds promising
#191 of 526 Old 11-14-2003, 12:13 AM

Okay, everybody, here's what I want to know...

what symptoms are you *imagining* that you have :LOL

For me it is
an exaggerated sense of smell
especially high body temperature (I'm not temping, it just makes me obsess more, as if that were possible)
heartburn (the heartburn isn't imaginary, but I have a hard time believing that its pg related, even though I rarely get it)
larger breasts (I feel like I'm bursting out of my bra, which says a lot for this 36 H or bigger nursing mama)

anyone???
#192 of 526 Old 11-14-2003, 12:14 AM

Dalaimama-I would wait at least 48 hours, and use FMU. If AF hasn't shown up by then - well, you have good reason to test!!! Good luck to you!

Brandi! :LOL You just can't stay away can you??!? Just kiddin' - we love having you around!

Pinky- Good luck in the 2ww and Welcome! Hope your stay is short and sweet.

I think FF under-read my O date... whaddya think? I think I O'd on cd26, they think cd29. :
#193 of 526 Old 11-14-2003, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
lucysmama - Either cd 26 or cd29 look possible. You covered both days so you should be in good shape!!! Good luck!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#194 of 526 Old 11-14-2003, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucysmama

I think FF under-read my O date... whaddya think? I think I O'd on cd26, they think cd29. :
I would say 29, but that's only because I use usually use the previous 6 days to set my coverline. :-) Good luck!!!

#195 of 526 Old 11-14-2003, 12:37 AM

Adina- As always, thank you for taking the time to look at and interpret my chart. Oh, and that whole obnoxiously positive thing is really rubbing off on everyone!!! Isn't it great?!

Edited to add: I just showed dh, who reminded me that I slept in really late on Saturday! I don't know how I forgot that...so I am throwing out that temp, and now my chart makes *much* more sense.

Thanks!
#196 of 526 Old 11-14-2003, 02:13 AM

Dalaimama -- for you! Hoping this next test is + all the way! No Af!

Gonnabeamom -- I forgot our cycles were so close! It is taking all my will power not to test today, let alone make it through until Monday! Everytime I pee, which is a lot (see below LOL) I think, "oh, why wait? I could know now..." but then I think of the advice I've gotten here and I resolve to wait. It doesn't help that I have a good friend who says she had a + test only three days after she ovulated! But I think she may have been mistaken...

Anyway that brings me to:

What symptoms am I having (that I'm ignoring):

*Peeing every half hour. At least. Way more if I drink a lot of water (which I am doing).
*Fatigue. I'm sleeping way late (into the afternoon even, some days), but have insomnia at night. (I have chronic insomnia).
*My veins seem to be standing out more (but I'm like that anyway.)
*Strange uterine cramps. I've heard this is common in the early stages...
*I've had a few bouts of nausea. Mostly at night, long after dinner, but before sleeping (insomnia). The other day I went shopping and thought I might hurl in the store. It was yucky. I bought saltines and a hpt! (And groceries )

So far, no nipple/ breast soreness. But I didn't have that when I was pregnant in my early twenties either (had an abortion at 11 weeks). I did have tons of morning sickness then and had the insomnia/ fatigue cycle, too.

OK. I am going to go back to ignoring all of this and worry about whether I am catching my dh flu Poor baby, he's very sick.

Good luck to all of us!
#197 of 526 Old 11-14-2003, 10:25 AM

But I am NOT testing today. In fact, maybe I wont test at all. Maybe I'll just keep it my little secret that I *might* be pregnant, that there *might* be a wee little one growing and developing in me, secretly being nourished. What difference will testing make? I'm treating myself as if I were pregnant already. The only way I'll believe I am not pregnant if if AF shows up. And if she doesn't... Well, they say 18 days of elevated temps almost always indicate a pregnancy, right?

#198 of 526 Old 11-14-2003, 02:04 PM

Laurata,

You are a rock! Good for you. Self control must be nice.

Dalai Mama, I'd wait for Sunday, but I have this thing about how much nicer it would be to find out on the weekend, and be able to spend the first confirmed day of pregnancy celebrating with your family. I say Sunday rather than Saturday because that gives you an extra day to pump out all that HCG your body is making.

On the subject of symptoms (fingers in ears) la la la la la I CAN"T HEAR YOU!

I will not look at symptoms, I will not look at symptoms, I will not look at symptoms.

I promised myself after 4 or 5 symptom filled non-pregnant months. I am ignoring my symptoms.

However,

Now that I have a chart that makes sense, I can obsess about that. And I do

Come-on-obsess-with-me-is-that-an-implantation-dip
#199 of 526 Old 11-14-2003, 02:16 PM

While I don't post much here, I am a faithful lurker, and was so happy to see the plethora of BFPs this month!

I am out as of today, even though I was cautiously optimistic about higher than usual temps and a longer than usual luteal phase. I started taking a vitex/dong quai combo and daily red clover infusion this month. Seems to have a done a good job at making this cycle look textbook. Had my thyroid tested this month - all is well. DH is supposed to have a semen analysis done, but it's been a little bit difficult to get him to follow through on that one. If that checks out well, it's on to see if my fallopian tubes are blocked. We been ttc for 17 months, 12 months since I had surgery last year to remove a uterine polyp which may have prevented conception.

Am just a little bit weepy and feeling extremely 36 today. Damn that AF - she needs to move onto to another house! Prolific babydust to the rest of us...
#200 of 526 Old 11-15-2003, 04:58 AM

Here we go... I am officially counting myself in as a 2wwer!I am 5 dpo in my first pp cycle!!

I will post more later as I've been up ALL NIGHT with insomnia and I'm finally getting tired.

It's SO nice to be back here...and with much more expectancy now that I've finally had ppaf!

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#201 of 526 Old 11-15-2003, 11:55 AM

Hello again everyone! I'm still here... haven't tested again, though. I figure, at this point, I'd rather not know, you know? What's it going to hurt to wait until next week? But I'm feeling a little premenstrual today. Hopefully I'm just imagining things. So anyways, I'll probably test again tomorrow morning.

bamboo. Sounds like you're doing all the right things to help yourself. Hopefully your textbook cycles will soon end with a textbook pregnancy!

Kristie, congrats on your ppaf! I know I never thought I'd be glad to see the witch, but that first ppaf, I wanted to throw a party.

Thanks Katie and Gonnabeamom for the advice on how long to wait to test again... hopefully I'm pumping out massive quantities of hcg as we speak! I'll be back tomorrow with an update!
#202 of 526 Old 11-15-2003, 12:51 PM

well, never mind all of that, I'm out.

I'm not quite as sad about it as I thought I would be. Next month is another month!
#203 of 526 Old 11-15-2003, 01:04 PM

I'm on the dge of my seat for you ladies, so excited to hear of your BFPs! I also admire your ability to wait. 14 dpo is as far as I can go, just hoping I get there this month!

I am trying not to feel really guilty about having a beer last night and some green tea (caffeine) this morning, and only 3dpo today. I keep reminding myself that I don't need to be so uptight and that European women have the occasional drink throughout their pregnancies and their outcomes are often better than ours. I just don't want to overly anal, but still smart and not causing problems for myself. Oy!

Hope you all have great weekends!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#204 of 526 Old 11-15-2003, 01:06 PM

Took my time posting, so I didn't see your post until I sent, DalaiMama, sorry you are out, !

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#205 of 526 Old 11-15-2003, 02:34 PM

to Dalai Mama, and bamboogrrrl. The begining of a new cycle is always tough for me.

Congrats, Milkymommi! good luck!

I'm obsessing more than every even though I'm ignoring symptoms. I've spent probably a couple of hours over the past few days looking at FF chart gallery.

Strangely enough having a confirmed earlier O is making this a little harder even though it's progess, because 10DPO is usually CD30, so If I'm 10 DPO I''ll know soon. But now I'm 10DPO and CD 27, and well it's only three days, but I WANNA KNOW NOW!

I'll probably test tomorrow if my temp goes up. I need a crossed-arms, toe tapping, impatience smiley.
#206 of 526 Old 11-15-2003, 03:35 PM

Dalaimama- I was rooting for you! Better luck next cycle, sound like you are in a positive place, though!

Adventuregirl - Don't beat yourself up. If you are pregnant, the peanut hasn't implanted yet, and you don't share a bloodstream. It's all good. Now the cup of coffee I had yesterday at 7DPO is a whole 'nother story! :LOL Kidding.

So yes, I am 8DPO and I like the way my chart is looking. I will test around 11DPO, which is when I got my last month.

Who is testing soon? I wanna obsess with you, too!
#207 of 526 Old 11-15-2003, 04:13 PM

hello!

dalaimama, sorry this wasn't your month. i'm glad you're not feeling too down about it.

lucysmama, your chart is looking great - that last go at ovulating seemed to be a good one!

laurata, what's going on with you?

to everyone else,

yesterday i took a htp and it was negative, but still no AF. basically i think this just confirms that FF had my O-date wrong cause my LP is really quite reliably 14 days. so looking back i corrected 3 temperatures (nifty VIP trial feature) that were taken at the wrong time and then my O-date corresponds to when i thought i Oed (felt it on the right this month) so now i think i'm 12 dpo which makes more sense given how i was feeling. AND... could that be an implantation dip? oooh, and FF says maybe triphasic? ok, no obsessing. but i'm happier with how my chart looks now.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#208 of 526 Old 11-15-2003, 04:16 PM

(((Dalaimama)))

I tested today and got a BFN :-( AF was due yesterday. I'm thinking the BFN is accurate :-(

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#209 of 526 Old 11-15-2003, 10:57 PM

O/s says I'm could be beginning a thermal shift. I didn't temp the entire cycle, as I wasn't sure after acted so badly we thought it was a m/c, that we were gonna ttc this cycle. I *finally found a BD at Eckerds instead of that cruddy one from CVS! I didn't have tcoyf to recommend the BD to me at the time, and just got the first basal I could find. : Does the thermal shift mean I've Oed? : O/s says CM won't dry up until a day or two past O. I'm thinkin as the day has gone I might be.......that will give me my answer; but, what do yall think meanwhile.

(I won't be on again until tomorrow night anyhow) :LOL Two service Sunday!
#210 of 526 Old 11-16-2003, 01:57 AM

Thanks for the hugs, guys! Now that it's starting to sink in, I'm a little sad, and impatient for the next cycle to move along! LOL I can almost take the 2ww, it's the pre-o that drives me nuts! Anyways, thanks for rooting for me.

Katie and Flitters, both your charts are looking good! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

niki. sorry the witch found you too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page