Start of November 2ww??/Anyone else not finding out until later in November? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 526 Old 10-27-2003, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm jealous of all you gals who are doing the October 2ww and finding out this week if you are preggers :LOL . I think I am still technically an October gal, but anyone else have to wait until November 9, 10, 11, or 12th? I'm personally hoping aunt flow wont show up as expected around the 10th or 11th. I did my first insemination on Thursday and another one again on Saturday (and may do one again tomorrow-- Monday). I am nervous for my first 2ww. I am already going nutso....

Are my boobs bigger? They seem bigger...

Was I teary yesterday because I was conceiving? I could be hormonal...

Would I be due on July 26th? What is 266 days from, say, Saturday? How about Monday? July seems like it is going to be soooo hot...

and on and on.

How am I going to make it through 2 more weeks of this : ?! Someone please inject me with some sanity.

Sierra

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
#2 of 526 Old 10-27-2003, 03:45 AM

i will step into the nov 2ww with you. i guess i am kind of 50-50 oct-nov, as af is due nov 5th. this is my first wait too and i am going nuts, and driving dh nuts: 'do i look pregnant?' "do you think i am pregnant?" 'will you please feel my boobs?'. i do try to keep it down to no more than one interrogation an hour. : so anyway, i dont have that sanity injection you are seeking, but two patients make the waiting room less lonely, eh?
#3 of 526 Old 10-27-2003, 11:57 AM

Three is even better - I'll hang out. I should know by mid-next week, what's that - the 5th. also! July sounds soooo perfect to me, Sierra & Sunbaby. I very much want a summer baby this time around.

But I had some wine last night, half a bottle of pinot noir actually. Pathetic, I know. But I have been totally clean for months and months. I rarely drink. Dh, dd & I were visiting some very good friends who live across the water, our kids had a blast, we had a blast....

And the prospect of AF coming over next week helped ease the choice

Just kidding about that last smilie. Although, 2.5 glasses were plenty for me.
Back to my prego teas & water.

By the way, my boobs are killing me this morning.

Good luck with the semination Sierra!

My advice to us all is, don't drink.
#4 of 526 Old 10-27-2003, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I think I will also join you ladies!
I'm 7dpo and plan to test on the 8th if I make it that far without a visit from the hag.
I plan on drinking/getting drunk this Fri.(Halloween)we're having a big party with all our friends and everyone is gonna dress up and I want to indulge. But I'm starting to question if its a good idea. I will be 12dpo. If I knew I wasn't pregnant I would not hesitate, but I don't want anything to mess up implantaion or growth of the baby if I am indead pregnant. Do you all think its really risky to drink once in early pregnancy? DH doesn't really think it would be a problem because I seldom drink and won't be drinking after Halloween. He seems to think that it is long term alcohol use that causes problems with the baby.
My boobs are already feeling sore.
#5 of 526 Old 10-27-2003, 12:45 PM

...well make that 5, then! I did move over to the Oct. 2ww yesterday, the logic being that it's still October, and I am waiting...:LOL

But, CD 17, 3 DPO, so AF due on Nov 8, I think.

I posted this in the Oct 2 ww, but I'll try here, too, since we're talking about imbibing...is one cup daily of red raspberry leaf tea ok/recommended at this stage?

I, too, enjoyed some red wine on the wknd c'mon - it was lovely with my beef tenderloin!!

...I will have to decide, and I will likely err on the side of caution come time, but I don't think an occasional glass with dinner is harmful. I can't help but think of all the women who don't find out until 3 months that they're pregnant, and lived as they normally would, and delivered healthy babies.

Not that I don't think it's wise to live a certain lifestyle pre-conception through to breastfeeding, or that a damaging, unhealthy lifestyle is ok then or anytime... (My 2 ¢ is that in general the occasional drink is not damaging or unhealthy)

As for FAS, yeah, I am also of the thinking that it's a problem when the parents/mother is an alcoholic, not when she occasionally has a drink or gets drunk...probably the same can be said for any potential interference with implantation? don't know.

In the end, maybe it has more to do with how you may feel about the occasional drink and/or getting drunk. If it's going to cause you worry and stress, then that may be where the real harm lies.
#6 of 526 Old 10-27-2003, 05:30 PM

There must be truth to that. Besides, I don't feel guilty at all .

Red rasp. leaf is extremely beneficial to you - before, during and after pregnancy. It is a uterine tonic, for toning and supporting it doing what it does best.

Too much of anything is potentially toxic. Even broccoli! Believe it or not. Small, occasional amounts of must be fine.

And two and a half glasses sounds better than a half a bottle, doesn't it.

Jodie, it wouldn't hurt to test on day 12, just so you feel better about it. You never know....it may read accurate 2 ddays before af is due. Either way, have a really FUN party! What are you going as?

Good luck to all of us!!!

#7 of 526 Old 10-27-2003, 08:48 PM

I will join you too! I just joined the October 2 ww, but am not testing until October 8th, so here I am Feeling completely normal. I am cd 18 and am pretty certain I ovulated late last week, so am very early in my wait. No obsession............yet

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#8 of 526 Old 10-28-2003, 12:50 AM

Bluedragonfly~ We plan on having a really FUN party!
I'm going as a dark angel, I've got wings and everything.

I echo what you said about the red rasberry. I've got some capsules that I'll start taking tomorrow! Got to get that uterus in shape.:LOL
#9 of 526 Old 10-28-2003, 03:29 AM

This is my first 2ww too!
Yesterday I felt nauseus, today I feel fine.
I feel a bit weepy too, but strangely, I feel scared to find out!!

Looking forward to finding out everyone's news!
#10 of 526 Old 10-28-2003, 02:17 PM

i also think that an occasional drink is fine. dh is a winemaker and i drank moderately in my first pregnancy and dd turned out great.
i am thinking i am probably not pregnant this month and i am pretty mad, but i started a seperate thread about that so as not to bring that negativity into the nov 2ww thread. i still of course am hanging onto a bit of hope. with dd my boob were big and sore and i always thought i would know by this the second time around. but maybe symptoms change from pregnancy to pregnancy? anyone already have two pregnancies? did the 2ww feel the same both times??

i will continue to light my altar each night for all of us.
#11 of 526 Old 10-28-2003, 02:26 PM

I posted this in the Oct 2-ww, but I think we all need it here, too!

My cheer for July babies for all of us ends in a babydust-cheerleader pyramid:

.... ...............

:LOL
#12 of 526 Old 10-28-2003, 04:00 PM

I am just so thrilled to be in the 2ww. This is the first time since June that I've ovulated. And FF says there's actually a decent chance we timed it right.... WAHOOO

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/wtchyhlr

So I have a test date of Nov 6, however, I have my annual GYN appt Nov 5, and if AF hasn't arrived by Nov 5, I will as my doc to do a beta test....

So, I know the 2ww is always a drag, but honest to god ladies, is more of a drag to have mulitple anovulatory cycles... so I'm so happy my body is acting normal

Joy
#13 of 526 Old 10-29-2003, 01:24 AM

Yeah, you're right - it's a blessing to have a new chance every month.

My boobs ache every month after ovulation, so that isn't a good predictor for me.

Sierra, how did the inseminations go?
#14 of 526 Old 10-31-2003, 01:26 AM

Hey guys! Think I'll join you all for a while. I think I'm 1dpo today. according to previous cycles and cm observations. DH and I have been bding every other day for the last week, and we'll probably try to get some in tomorrow just for good measure. IIt's almost like we're trying to have a baby or something. :LOL So I think our chances are good this month, I'll keep you all updated! to us all! oh, and congrats on the O Joy! Here's some extra for you!
#15 of 526 Old 10-31-2003, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Hey all! I don't have a whole lot of time (I'm supposed to be getting ready for work right now), but I wanted to say hi and wish you all . I know, not as good as a babydust cheerleader pyramid, but hey .

So, we just did the inseminations on Thursday and on Saturday because Monday I drove all the way out to my donor's city for a doctor's appointment and forgot my calling card and his phone number and couldn't call him to confirm anything . I am pretty sure I was at *least* a day past ovulation (even though my temps were just begining to rise) because Saturday I was having very strong O pains. So I don't feel panicked about having missed it, though I feel awful for my donor who was waiting for me to call .

Well, I've figured out (I think accurately) that based on my date of ovulation, my due date would be approximately July 18th. I am so going nuts about testing . I'm tempted to do a blood test so I can test just a couple days early :, but I'll really try to be patient.

I've had a couple of moments over the last week where I've just suddenly felt like, "I'm pregnant," but when I think about it, I don't think I am. I don't have any real signs (I do have very minor nausea, a bunch of zits on my back and shoulders-- yuck, and I am a little emotional...but all those could have other, perfectly reasonable causes). This is our first try so chances are slim, especially given that I was unsure about timing at first, and since we are doing insems, I only have a couple shots to get the timing right (man, BDing would be so much easier LOL).

Oh well, here is hoping anyway !

Sierra

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
#16 of 526 Old 11-01-2003, 12:45 PM

Come on July babies! I'm not even going to attempt something as fabulous as the babydust pyramid. LOL

I have a feeling that this is going to be the longest 2ww ever. It's the first one that I KNOW we timed the bding well, and I'm so hopeful. ANd, I had incredibly vivd dreams last night about my upcocming BFP. I remember saying to someone in my dream, yeah, our baby will be coming in July... and right after I got a positive test in my dream I thought 'I have to go post at MDC!" How's that for realistic? :LOL So, here I am, 2dpo, and wishing the time would just go faster, already!!!!

Sierra, here's to a bfp the first time around. I know what you mean about having moments where you feel pregnant, I'm in the same boat. I keep telling myself that it's too early, but I can't help the obsessing. :
#17 of 526 Old 11-01-2003, 03:12 PM

I think I'll just stop in and get some of that baby dust that's floating around.

I'm 12dpo, with tender boobs.
Trying to wait till next Sat. to test but now thinking I'll test on Fri.
AF is due on Mon. or Tues., stay away !

I've also been feeling those moments where I think "I'm pregnant", more so this cycle becasue I ovulated on time and we BD'd at the right time, so I have more hope than usual.
#18 of 526 Old 11-01-2003, 03:20 PM

Hello everyone.

Just a check-in. Some exciting news over at the Oct 2-ww!!

Jodie - hope you had a blast at your Halloween party!

I'm CD 22, 8 DPO...tender breasts? Me too, me too!! ...and occasional crampiness/twinges, but I felt those last cycle, too !

Had a short-lived temptation to test this morning, but I'm back to the test on Nov. 8 plan...

Glad you liked the pyramid.

Here's a simpler, but just as enthusiastic cheer:

#19 of 526 Old 11-01-2003, 04:22 PM

I guess I'm stepping into this thread now...

After getting AF on Oct. 15th, my 32-day cycle means I'm waiting quite a while - AF not due until Nov. 16th.

Bummer as it was not getting PG last month, when the timing with school and summer vacation would be perfect, I'm a bit stressed because if we don't conceive this month, we decided to wait another 6 months until the next vacation window.

I should be ovulating today or tommorrow. I don't chart, I just guess based on a pretty predictable LP of 15 days.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#20 of 526 Old 11-01-2003, 07:39 PM

I'm joining too. I'm cd 14 today and got a ++ opk. I think I'll O tomarrow and so not officially in the 2ww till Monday, But what the heck.
#21 of 526 Old 11-01-2003, 09:38 PM

Heveasoul~ Our party was a blast! It lasted till about 4am.
Oh man I had such a good time. Only bummer was my DH, poor guy. He drank a little rum, got drunk, about 11 o'clock got sick and then laid out in the bed. He was out for the rest of the night. This normally doen't happen to him. He was so bummed when I told him all that happened while he was out, he's sorry he missed it. I then had to be the one to keep it all going, and I did ok. I've been wanting to enhance my hostessing skills. I just loved the fact that all our friends were together in one spot and I got to see and talk to all of them. And met a few new folks We even got some trick-or-treaters this year!

How was y'alls halloween?
#22 of 526 Old 11-01-2003, 11:33 PM

i know i said i wasnt gonna test until the 5th.....but all the good news over in the oct 2ww got me all worked up, and well, i have been suspecting and tonight i got a very faint, but definately there
#23 of 526 Old 11-02-2003, 01:58 AM

hey sunbaby, I get to be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so happy for you! I have some extra baby dust to spread 'cause of what happened at work yesterday. here's the story: I'm an er nurse and i had a patient who is 41 years old and was 6.5 months pregnant and didn't know until this week. (crazy situation, i won't go in to it all) but the really impressive thing was that she thought she was post menopausal 'cause she hadn't had a period in 3 YEARS! well she unsuspectingly caught her only egg in 3 years! how's that for luck? she had other problems so i spent alot of time feeling her belly and checking the baby's heart beat so if she had any baby dust to share i got a mega dose of it! Just wanted to spread some around! good luck to us all this month!

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
#24 of 526 Old 11-02-2003, 10:28 AM

:bf :bf Congratulations Sunbaby!!! :bf :bf

#25 of 526 Old 11-02-2003, 12:50 PM

CONGRATULATIONS sunbaby!!!

Yay, how fantastic!! Happy travels on your journey to pregnancy and motherhood!!
#26 of 526 Old 11-02-2003, 12:59 PM

Jodie - glad to hear the party was such a success! (except for dh, poor guy ) When are you testing, aren't you close?

Such great news in the last couple of days...I'm so happy for all the latest new grads!

Thanks for sharing that story, and for the extra babydust, wolfmom!

I'm CD 23, 9 DPO. Walking that fine line between getting swept up in the rush of excitement, and being patient...my last BFN/AF came right after a whole slew of BFP announcements...so I'm trying not to get too caught up in it for my own sake...

Boobs still tender, though neither I nor my dh notice any changes - same size, etc.

waiting, waiting, waiting...

everyone!!!
#27 of 526 Old 11-02-2003, 01:58 PM

I'm officially here! (Though I haven't gotten my confirmation from FF yet.) This was my first cycle TTC after my m/c a few weeks ago, so I don't really know what my expectations are. I was happy just to ovulate so quickly. My chart

Another congrats to butterflymaiden, sunbaby, and oceanbaby!!!
#28 of 526 Old 11-02-2003, 09:24 PM

Congrats Butterflymaiden, oceanbaby and sunbaby!!!!

butterfly, pop on over to my thread and share some of that baby dust!!
#29 of 526 Old 11-02-2003, 10:00 PM

ok girls, sorry i haven't kept you all up to date on my 2ww progress but the whole 2ww thing was really stressing me out! anyway, i am 13dpo(i think) and i was exhausted yest. so i took a big chance today and tested - BFP! I am still in disbelief and of course very scared that we will lose this baby too. oh well, i guess i'll have to enjoy and hope for the best! thanks so much for all your support and here's to lots of baby dust for july babies!
peace,

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
#30 of 526 Old 11-02-2003, 10:18 PM

congratulations wolfmom and sunbaby! wishing you the best of 9 month waits, one step at a time.

i'm moving over here now too... i didn't feel particularly fertile this month (less EWCM, cervix not as soft) but signs indicate i ovulated so here i am.

my chart

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page