Anyone get a negative HPT at 15 DPO but were actually pregnant? Interesting story from my mom in post #15 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#31 of 138 Old 08-14-2008, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh - Good luck good luck good luck! I totally think you're pregs but hope you get an answer soon!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#32 of 138 Old 08-14-2008, 05:15 PM

Good Luck from me too!!! I hope you get an answer soon...

((hugs)) and
#33 of 138 Old 08-14-2008, 06:06 PM

last month i didn't get a positive until like 16dpo. unfortunately, that ended in m/c, but i've heard of it going the other way too! good luck!
#34 of 138 Old 08-15-2008, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So I lied. Only because DH came home yesterday with 3 packs of FRER.

Tested again this morning. Still negative, still no period.
#35 of 138 Old 08-15-2008, 05:52 PM

Gah! That's hilarious. Did you tell him he was an enabler I hope you are really pg--your mom's story is encouraging. What's the longest period you've had before?

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#36 of 138 Old 08-15-2008, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post
Gah! That's hilarious. Did you tell him he was an enabler I hope you are really pg--your mom's story is encouraging. What's the longest period you've had before?
I know, right? I was all, "Well, even those all of those tests are sitting right there, I'm still going to wait until Sunday to test again." That lasted all of 30 minutes.

My longest evah was 41 days. That happened once in two years... so it is possible that it's just a wonky cycle, but then again, the last time it happened I was very actively and effectively avoiding conception.. Bah! Who freaking knows?
#37 of 138 Old 08-15-2008, 06:41 PM

Have you been stressed out, sick, or really sad about anything lately?? That throws mine off every time!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#38 of 138 Old 08-15-2008, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Have you been stressed out, sick, or really sad about anything lately?? That throws mine off every time!
Not particularly. I hate my job, but that's been status quo for at least a year.
#39 of 138 Old 08-15-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
Not particularly. I hate my job, but that's been status quo for at least a year.
Well I'm hoping it's an eggy getting settled then!

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#40 of 138 Old 08-16-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
I know, right? I was all, "Well, even those all of those tests are sitting right there, I'm still going to wait until Sunday to test again." That lasted all of 30 minutes.

My longest evah was 41 days. That happened once in two years... so it is possible that it's just a wonky cycle, but then again, the last time it happened I was very actively and effectively avoiding conception.. Bah! Who freaking knows?
30 minutes, huh? That's better than I would have done So maybe you just had something stressful THEN (back in the month of the 41 days), and now you are just pg. Let's hope so.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#41 of 138 Old 08-16-2008, 11:08 AM

I've been stalking this thread and I am SO excited to find out, Shonahsmom!

Since I think my own chances are out the window (this cycle, at least), you're giving me something to look forward to!

p.s. i am also completely baffled by how inconsistent HPT is in people! Shouldn't this thing be a little more straight-forward?

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
#42 of 138 Old 08-16-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_flowers View Post
p.s. i am also completely baffled by how inconsistent HPT is in people! Shouldn't this thing be a little more straight-forward?
Seriously! I couldn't eat or sleep when I kept getting BFNs w/ DD, bawled for days when they said it was a MC and then bawled some more when they said it was healthy!!!

#43 of 138 Old 08-16-2008, 02:37 PM

Haven't read all the responses, but yup, he's 6 months old now

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#44 of 138 Old 08-16-2008, 02:43 PM

I got two negatives before finally getting a positive when I was 11 weeks pregnant with my first.
#45 of 138 Old 08-16-2008, 02:43 PM

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but wanted to add my experience. My last pregnancy I got BFNs until 18DPO when I finally got a faint positive. at 39 weeks 5 days I had boy/girl twins! with those HPTs you just never know what could happen! good luck and baby dust to all the TTC mommas!

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
#46 of 138 Old 08-16-2008, 04:26 PM

this thread is flippin' fascinating!

Guess those 9DPO BFP people don't know how lucky they are! And this, to me, DEFINITELY speaks to the whole "don't test before your missed period" advice that most sane (non-TTC people) give. save yourself the heartache!

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
#47 of 138 Old 08-16-2008, 06:30 PM

Good luck!!!!

I am finding this super interesting!
#48 of 138 Old 08-16-2008, 10:17 PM

Oops double post!
#49 of 138 Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_flowers View Post
this thread is flippin' fascinating!

!
#50 of 138 Old 08-17-2008, 11:33 PM

I see none of us have any answers yet. I still keep checking in. What is making this so hard is DH swears I am preggo, But i dont know. I guess I will know for sure tomorrow when the blood test results come in. They are not usually wrong are they? I have always showed up before on HPt, so I never had a blood test before. Patience wished for everyone.
#51 of 138 Old 08-18-2008, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Sooooo.. still no period and still a BFN yesterday morning. I talked with my MW and she said to give it at least another week, test again and if at that point still a BFN and still no period, come in for a blood draw.

It is now CD 40.

I had a major meltdown last night for a variety of reasons.. was bawling my eyes out. Then I thought about how if I'm going to have a crying jag, it's usually the day before I start my period, which made me cry even harder. I feel so wiped out today. I just want to get on with it already; it being a period or a pregnancy, whichever they case may be.
#52 of 138 Old 08-18-2008, 12:24 PM

Hi Shonahsmom!
I am in the EXACT same boat as you were in the beginning of all of this...I am 15dpo, and am getting BFNs every morning. I really feel pregnant. I am crampy and nauseous and so tired and so emotional. I have heartburn and am either ravenous, or feeling just plain sick. My mouth tastes like metal and I am so thirsty. My breasts just started feeling even more tender. Maybe I am waiting for AF. I keep expecting her, and then I just get creamy CM. I'd just love to know either way!
I am so excited that you started this thread!! Good luck - I can't wait to hear what happens. I think there's a baby brewing in there!

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

#53 of 138 Old 08-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned

I am like DYING to know what happens. for you!!
#54 of 138 Old 08-18-2008, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
Hi Shonahsmom!
I am in the EXACT same boat as you...I am 15dpo, and am getting BFNs every morning. I really feel pregnant. I am crampy and nauseous and so tired and so emotional. I have heartburn and am either ravenous, or feeling just plain sick. My breasts just started feeling even more tender. Maybe I am waiting for AF. I keep expecting her, and then I just get creamy CM. I'd just love to know either way!
I am so excited to be on the same day as you!! Good luck - I can't wait to hear what happens. Do you have a chart?
Hey PBC! I thought I was 15 DPO when I started this thread, which would put me at 21 DPO today, but I don't chart temps so truly, I have no idea if/when I ovulated at this point. I had great EWCM on CD 17-19 and my cycle is usually 33 days long so days 17-19 would make sense, but it's just an educated guess. We have sex every other day pretty much all month long, so at this point it would be damn near impossible for me to pinpoint conception (if there is/was one).

I'm just a wee bit frustrated at this point.
#55 of 138 Old 08-18-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Hey PBC! I thought I was 15 DPO when I started this thread, which would put me at 21 DPO today, but I don't chart temps so truly, I have no idea if/when I ovulated at this point. I had great EWCM on CD 17-19 and my cycle is usually 33 days long so days 17-19 would make sense, but it's just an educated guess. We have sex every other day pretty much all month long, so at this point it would be damn near impossible for me to pinpoint conception (if there is/was one).

I'm just a wee bit frustrated at this point.
I imagine you must be! I did a search on FF for late BFPs, and some mamas didn't test positive till way way way into their pregnancies!! I think that is great news! Also, the story about your mother is fascinating - I'd love to know why this happens to some people!

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

#56 of 138 Old 08-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
I imagine you must be! I did a search on FF for late BFPs, and some mamas didn't test positive till way way way into their pregnancies!! I think that is great news! Also, the story about your mother is fascinating - I'd love to know why this happens to some people!
Some people just don't excrete HCG into their urine. Weird, but it happens. I don't think anyone knows why.
#57 of 138 Old 08-18-2008, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Oh, Shonahsmom, what a saga! I'm glad you're being level-headed and patient with something that must be so emotional for you and dh!! : I sure hope you get your BFP, mama!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#58 of 138 Old 08-18-2008, 10:56 PM

I just wanted to add that I was doing some research on this phenomenon and it led me to some threads on pregnancy-info.net. I had a cycle last year when I my body was playing tricks on me and I thought I was pg despite bfns. There were lots of women were even getting bfn's from urine AND blood tests. One woman didn't find out until she had an ultrasound and she was like 4 months along. I noticed that these women said that their moms or aunts had similar experiences. Also, I found that this happens sometimes with twin pregnancies too. It's something about the hcg being so high that the test doesn't read it or something.
#59 of 138 Old 08-18-2008, 11:31 PM

Wow! All these stories give those of us in the 2WW (or beyond) some hope, which I think we all need! Thanks for sharing!!
I've had light pink mucus for about a day now which is very atypical for my period, and I'm trying to stay positive while being realistic. Easier said than done. I can't wait to test!!!!!
#60 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 03:36 AM

please bear with me here. I have a story to tell and then a question to ask.

to begin with, here's my story with dd. i went off birth control pills and my periods were just not coming back. 6 months, 5 months long cycles. crazy stuff. at that point we weren't using protection any more. we decided that if it happens - it happens. i stopped believing that we'd be able to conceive without help. my cycles were crazy. then my boobs started hurting like crazy. I couldn't move my arms at all. it lasted for a while and i thought that it was PMS and I was about to get my period. but the period just wasn't coming. we were leaving for a vacation overseas, so I decided to test just in case. it was negative. we went on vacation and there I had days when I wasn't feeling myself, but I brushed it off thinking it was because climate, weather and time zone changes. we drank a lot there. i remember this very cold night and we were in a restaurant, ordered a full pitcher of house wine and we drank it all, just dh and I. so we got back home and I had a really hard time dealing with the jet-lag. I whined about that in my LiveJournal a lot. I didn't realize it, but apparently I also whined a lot about food. My LJ friends convinced me to test and ... ta-da! it was positive. I was in shock. I figured we conceived during our vacation and I was probably 6-7 weeks along. But let me tell you - when I saw the picture on the ultrasound screen I knew right away. I said "This is way father along then 6 weeks". It was 12w6d. I was beyond shocked. If I take the ultrasound date as the correct one, I did that initial pregnancy test when I was 5 weeks along and it was definitely negative at the time.

Now, onto present. I have recently stopped nursing my 3 year old, and we decided it's time for another little one. My cycles are still inconsistent, but for the last year and a half, I was getting terrible, terrible hunger about 2 weeks before AF. Hungry to the point of feeling lightheaded and I'd be hungry like that all the time. Well, last time I had this - beginning of July. Then I got my period. A much lighter version of the usual, no cramping at all and much less flow, but I thought it was a period. Since then I decided to watch closely for changes in CM. I've been dry-dry-dry all the time, but last week I got another period (with a cycle length of 31 days. quite short for what I've been getting, but I figured it's due to me stopping to nurse). So light in fact, that I was just calling it spotting. But the mysterious spotting lasted about 7 days and it's now gone. Weird, I think. I had no changes in my CM between these last two spotting bouts/periods (I don't know what to call them any more). Also, I never got that bout of hunger this last time. I am not noticing any other symptoms, though. I tested a couple of days ago and it was negative.

Am I crazy to think that I might be pregnant? My only clues are these last two weirdly light periods that I got. I can't say that I feel overly tired, hungry or nauseous. Am I insane? I think I'm gonna test again tomorrow morning to see if I get a BFP. I cant say I have high hopes, but these crazy periods are driving my psyche crazy.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page