Anyone get a negative HPT at 15 DPO but were actually pregnant? Interesting story from my mom in post #15 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#61 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sbilady: How strange, guess we really are ALL different!

mayflowers: Good Luck to you!

valeria_vi: It seems very possible, especially knowing you have a history to not get a bfp on a test. If you don't get a bfp I would probably try to get in for an u/s at 5-6 weeks, since that was how they discovered your first pregnancy. How far along do you *think* you might be?

This thread is getting really interesting!

Shonahsmom: How are you doing today?
#62 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoma View Post

Shonahsmom: How are you doing today?
Same as yesterday. :
#63 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 11:35 AM

when is your dr.s appt????

girl . you gots to be pregs. would it help if I sing to you? here...

pregs pregs pregs pregs pregs

xoxo
s
#64 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septemberbaby68 View Post
I see none of us have any answers yet. I still keep checking in. What is making this so hard is DH swears I am preggo, But i dont know. I guess I will know for sure tomorrow when the blood test results come in. They are not usually wrong are they? I have always showed up before on HPt, so I never had a blood test before. Patience wished for everyone.
So??? Inquiring minds want to know.
#65 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
valeria_vi: It seems very possible, especially knowing you have a history to not get a bfp on a test. If you don't get a bfp I would probably try to get in for an u/s at 5-6 weeks, since that was how they discovered your first pregnancy. How far along do you *think* you might be?
ah, thanks for reading my saga, cmoma. I got 2 BFNs this morning (used different brand). but it's just so weird how light, no cramps etc these last two periods had been. so if my suspicions is correct and I am pregnant, I'd think that I was pregnant at the time of the last, July, bleeding because it was already unusually light for me, but two weeks before it I had my usual symptoms of uncontrollable hunger etc (so I think - ovulation). based on that, I'd be 6-7 weeks along. I actually have an appointment with a family doc tomorrow. I was gonna check my thyroid but now I wonder if I should ask her for a blood test for HCG.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#66 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post

xoxo
s
ooh I'll sing...

pregs pregs pregs pregs! (I may be a little out of tune)

valeria_vi: You might as well ask for one since you'll be there anyway..

Septemberbaby68: Any news today?
#67 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

xoxo
s
This made me giggle. Well today is officially the longest cycle I have ever experienced in my life, a day past my now second longest which only happened once in three years. I don't know if that made sense.

Anyway, I don't have an appointment. If it's still same shit/different day by Thursday afternoon, I'll call up the midwives and have them do a blood draw on Friday or Saturday.

DP and I have pinkie sworn that I will not test again until Thursday and that we will both try to shelve it until then. Try being the operative word.
#68 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostinkinhappy View Post
For me, my flow is normally medium for 4-5 days, with occasional lighter days, but usually not much shorter than 4 days. When I thought I had a cycle & actually turned out to be pregnant, it was light for 3 days. I was in the middle of a huge opera production & the performance schedule was really tough. I thought the shorter, much lighter flow was strange but chalked it up to stress and finals at school.

So it is possible - statistically speaking it's not very likely, but it does happen to some people. I still can remember the absolute shock when the ultrasound showed the little bean as being 11 weeks along.
Thanks for sharing, sostinkinhappy! I'm right there with you, septemberbaby68. I'm going onto my third day with light pink mucus. In all likelihood, it is just an abnormal start for AF. But I'm trying to hang on to hope here.
#69 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
valeria_vi: You might as well ask for one since you'll be there anyway..
I think I will. I am trying not to become obsessive, but this weirdness keeps my mind spinning.

Hang in there, Shonahsmom.

mayflowers: this is what I've been getting my last two periods. so light, I was calling it spotting. I just kept waiting for it to turn into the "real thing", but then the spotting would just go away. weird, huh? I hope you get some kind of a definite answer soon. whatever it is.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#70 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 08:31 PM

I have not been trying to conceive but came across this thread when I was browsing today. To cut a long story short, my period is 10 days late but I keep getting negative HPT's which is driving me crazy : I have three kids and had positive tests with them all more or less straight away, I also have symptoms of early pregnancy like peeing a lot, slight nausea, cramps in my stomach and back and my nipples have got much darker. I took a test this morning which and again it was negative. I think I'm just going to ride it out for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Good luck to all you ladies TTC.

P.S Where is the best place to buy a test in the states as I will be in Florida on my hols until Sept 5th
#71 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisey View Post
I have not been trying to conceive but came across this thread when I was browsing today. To cut a long story short, my period is 10 days late but I keep getting negative HPT's which is driving me crazy : I have three kids and had positive tests with them all more or less straight away, I also have symptoms of early pregnancy like peeing a lot, slight nausea, cramps in my stomach and back and my nipples have got much darker. I took a test this morning which and again it was negative. I think I'm just going to ride it out for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Good luck to all you ladies TTC.

P.S Where is the best place to buy a test in the states as I will be in Florida on my hols until Sept 5th
any drugstore (CVS, Eckerd, Walgreens)...or Target...or Walmart...really, you can get them anywhere. good luck!

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

#72 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 08:50 PM

completely unrealted (sorry), but I have to say this.

PEANUTBUTTERCUP.

Your username is KILLIN' ME. ESPECIALLY everyday I see one of your posts around..oh, 3pm.

For the love. I've just been told I may be hypoglycemic - can you see where the problem I'm having is?

I WANT TO EAT YOU. Is that terrible?
#73 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
daisey, here in Florida we have lots of "Dollar Tree" (similar to pound shops) in the malls (shopping centers). You can get pregnancy tests there for a dollar (which, right now, is like only 50p for you!) that are very sensitive! That's where I've gotten mine.

Enjoy your holiday! And welcome to MDC! :

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#74 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Banned

I love peanut butter cups too, stella. Her name always makes me want chocolate and peanut butter
#75 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:

PEANUTBUTTERCUP.

Your username is KILLIN' ME. ESPECIALLY everyday I see one of your posts around..oh, 3pm.

For the love. I've just been told I may be hypoglycemic - can you see where the problem I'm having is?

:

Shonahsmom: this goes back to the original question, although it may be a moot point now. I never charted, but went by CM like you, and thought that my guesses were pretty reliable since I kept getting knocked up on schedule. But for my last PG the REs made me use ovulation predictor kits (because I had to start progesterone therapy a certain exact number of days after O-day). The day I *thought* I ovulated (what I would have counted as "O-day" normally) didn't register as positive on the tests; the tests didn't show until the NEXT day. Well, so the tests don't say that you ARE ovulating but that you WILL in the next 24-48 hours. So my CM was a good predictor of O, but I seem to actually ovulate about three days AFTER I thought I was based on CM. Now I know that instead of CM=O, it's more like CM=O-3.

By this point those few days don't make a difference, since if you were at 12 DPO when you posted the question it was still awhile ago, but just for whatever it's worth. Good luck!!!!

(P.S. there are always stories floating around this board about babies w/o + tests. It does happen.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#76 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:

PEANUTBUTTERCUP.

haha!! I'm so sorry, I hope I'm not making you miserable! My maiden name is Reese, and my married name is Candee, making me Lauren Reese Candee. I can't help it, I really am a peanutbuttercup .

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

#77 of 138 Old 08-19-2008, 10:41 PM

I am watching this thread with bated breath!!! Hope you guys get some answers soon!

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
#78 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
haha!! I'm so sorry, I hope I'm not making you miserable! My maiden name is Reese, and my married name is Candee, making me Lauren Reese Candee. I can't help it, I really am a peanutbuttercup .
I LOVE IT!!
#79 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

No change today. This. Is. Driving. Me. Bat. Shit. Crazy.
#80 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
No change today. This. Is. Driving. Me. Bat. Shit. Crazy.
It must be driving you crazy because it's driving ME crazy! : I sure do hope you get an answer soon, if just for your peace of mind!

I'm loving life with my DH and DS (2/28/10) and expecting the surprise of my life in September! belly.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif

#81 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayda's Mom View Post
So??? Inquiring minds want to know.
I had a bfn with my blood test. I am guessing for some reason my cycle is messed up, which really never was before. Like now, if I go by my date of when I was due for af in august then I am on cd 12, if I go by the day I actually bleed for a couple of days then I am on cd9, I swear I am ovulating now, tons of ewcm and left twinge pain, I have had tons of creamy up until now, I have no clue, but we did our thing this morning. But for some strange feeling I have I still think the test are wrong, and dh swears I am pg. But for sanity purposes, I have to continue on like this is another cycle and just keep ttc. luck to all
#82 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Well, the table on this page just made me feel rather hopeless. It says there is a 1% chance that I could actually be pregnant with a negative test this far past my expected period.
#83 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 02:07 PM

Stay away from the internet for such stuff.
I have read so many posts...do you have an appt. with the doctor for a blood test?
#84 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well, the table on this page just made me feel rather hopeless. It says there is a 1% chance that I could actually be pregnant with a negative test this far past my expected period.
You know, 1% sounds small. But it's really not. 1 out of every 100. 10 out of every 1000.

I once thought I'd never be in that minority, and then I had a severe reaction to a medicine that only happens to 1 in 1000 patients. So...sometimes you really are that 1.
Mz J likes this.
#85 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 02:11 PM

yes.

But I will preface that to say that I had a positive HPT the day before. For some reason, my HCG levels were lower in the am and higher in the pm. I took my HPT the day my period was due in the evening and it was sooooo slightly positive. I retook it in the am and it was straight up negative. Then I took it at about 4pm and it was VERY positive. I took it the next morning and it was negative. Every test after that was positive and my little boy is now 2.5

sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#86 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayda's Mom View Post
Stay away from the internet for such stuff.
I have read so many posts...do you have an appt. with the doctor for a blood test?
I know, I know. I did really well from Friday to today, but this mornings BFN just sent me a little over the edge, especially considering a number of symptoms that cropped up in the last day or so that I don't even want to mention because I don't want to spur false hope or feel super stupid if I'm not pregnant. Anyway.. I'm rambling.

I don't have an appointment (or a doctor for that matter) but I did talk to my midwife last Friday and she said to wait a week and if nothing's changed to come in for a blood draw. So, I'll try to do that somewhere between Thursday night and Saturday afternoon.
#87 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I know, I know. I did really well from Friday to today, but this mornings BFN just sent me a little over the edge, especially considering a number of symptoms that cropped up in the last day or so that I don't even want to mention because I don't want to spur false hope or feel super stupid if I'm not pregnant. Anyway.. I'm rambling.

I don't have an appointment (or a doctor for that matter) but I did talk to my midwife last Friday and she said to wait a week and if nothing's changed to come in for a blood draw. So, I'll try to do that somewhere between Thursday night and Saturday afternoon.
That's good. I know it is hard. Can you stop testing with HPTs until then just so you aren't making yourself more upset??
I know waiting for the blood results to come back will be a pain too...people in the medical field don't always understand the stress related to what we are going through. To your midwife a week wait is nothing but to you or anybody else on this board it is forever.
#88 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 02:25 PM

Shonahsmom, I am so sorry to hear that you are still getting negatives. I feel your frustration. We had a really crazy cycle the month before we got pregnant and it was so stressful. We were pretty sure we weren't pregnant, but so stressed just not knowing what was going on. We finally broke down and went to the doc and got a negative blood test. She then wanted to medicate the situation, but we let nature take its course and it all worked out great the next month.

You can look at the 2nd chart down (link in my siggy) to see the crazy cycle quasar had.

Here is hoping you find your answer and some peace soon.

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#89 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 02:56 PM

Aw Crud you guys :

This is so sucky~ I hope something happens soon and you can move on to enjoy your pregnancy or your next cycle.
#90 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 03:22 PM

Shonahsmom,

Are you sure you ovulated? Do you OPKs or a monitor?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page