Anyone get a negative HPT at 15 DPO but were actually pregnant? Interesting story from my mom in post #15 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#91 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayda's Mom View Post
Shonahsmom,

Are you sure you ovulated? Do you OPKs or a monitor?
No. Since it's our first cycle TTC, I didn't chart temps or use any kits or monitors. We DTD every other day regardless of TTC (and we've kept at it) so all we did different this month was do away with the baby batter blockers. And I noted CM. Had great EWCM on CD 17-19.

I have tracked my cycle length for three years though. My longest cycle ever was 41 days. That happened once in three years. I'm at 43 days now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
argh! Shonasmom, I feel your frustration.

I had a family doc appointment this morning. Got some blood tests for my thyroid and also asked for a blood pregnancy test. they said that I'll know tomorrow.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#93 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
argh! Shonasmom, I feel your frustration.

I had a family doc appointment this morning. Got some blood tests for my thyroid and also asked for a blood pregnancy test. they said that I'll know tomorrow.
Ooh! Let us know! :
#94 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
Ooh! Let us know! :
definitely!

part of me doesn't think I'm pregnant. I don't want to get my hopes up, and also I feel nothing. Last time at least I had breast tenderness despite the BFN. This time - none of that. But the two weird periods (more like spottings only, I just called them periods) and everything that went along with them ... just strange, totally strange. I gotta know.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#95 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 06:00 PM

Been lurking. I think the most frustrating and upsetting thing about all of this is that you can't count on your body anymore. Such a distrust only compounds the stress related to TTC and there..you have nothing but a big heaving confused sloppy mess, with the persisting and nagging angel on your shoulder saying "But you could still be BFP", mixed with all of these other signals=STRESS. Anyhow, thats how I feel, and feel for everyone riding this bi-polar roller coaster from hell. Can you tell I just got a blood BFN after so many symptoms (angel on the shoulder) and so many POAS BFN's (Satan!) and AF playing nasty tricks (3 days late) (angel) but knowing its probobly the progesterone making her late (Satan). Just rambling.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#96 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 06:21 PM

what's POAS?
naturalmom, it's true about believing ion your body and being able to read it. sucks.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#97 of 138 Old 08-20-2008, 06:26 PM

POAS- pee on a stick, (Satan!)

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#98 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone tired of this thread yet? Cos I sure am. I'm tired of it's reason for being.

No change in status today.
#99 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Anyone tired of this thread yet? Cos I sure am. I'm tired of it's reason for being.

No change in status today.
You poor thing.

Yes, I am tired of it...not tired of reading it, just sad for you that this keeps draaaaaaaaaaaaaging on. When are you going in for testing?
#100 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
You poor thing.

Yes, I am tired of it...not tired of reading it, just sad for you that this keeps draaaaaaaaaaaaaging on. When are you going in for testing?
I just called my MW and they can't get me in until Tuesday.

<----------- I feel like this.
#101 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 01:17 PM

I'm sorry that you have to wait - but now you have a date to be positive for!! Think positively! It'll be ok.
#102 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post
I'm sorry that you have to wait - but now you have a date to be positive for!! Think positively! It'll be ok.
Thanks. I know it will be okay one way or the other. It's just this farking limbo that I've been in has seriously eroded parts of my sanity.
#103 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 01:20 PM

I really really really really hope you are pregnant.

This is NUTS!!!

Hang in there ;-)
#104 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:

until Tuesday? omg! that is terrible!

no phone call from the doc's office yet. I'm on pins and needles.
with dd, I was sure I was not pregnant. I mean, I did have certain symptoms, but I was looking past them. I did a pregnancy test just to convince my friend that she is wrong. BUT when I actually poas I suddenly felt my heart go crazy. like it was beating out of my chest, I felt like I couldn't breather and then I just knew that I had to be. This time - nothing like that. I'm just anxious to find out. I want to be pg, but I just don't think I am. This IS like last time, what is not like last time is that I don't have the instinctive body reaction going. Hope they call me soon, because I just want to hear something. Whatever it is.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#105 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
until Tuesday? omg! that is terrible!

no phone call from the doc's office yet. I'm on pins and needles.
with dd, I was sure I was not pregnant. I mean, I did have certain symptoms, but I was looking past them. I did a pregnancy test just to convince my friend that she is wrong. BUT when I actually poas I suddenly felt my heart go crazy. like it was beating out of my chest, I felt like I couldn't breather and then I just knew that I had to be. This time - nothing like that. I'm just anxious to find out. I want to be pg, but I just don't think I am. This IS like last time, what is not like last time is that I don't have the instinctive body reaction going. Hope they call me soon, because I just want to hear something. Whatever it is.
I hope they call you soon!

They could get me in sooner but only during the middle of they day and I cannot justify missing 1/2 days work over this. I'm in publishing and we are in the midst of two major deadlines. Tuesday was the first day they could get me in at the end of the day.
#106 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 01:32 PM

How are you FEELING, otherwise? You've been pregnant before...does this feel similar??

Do you feel different than you have in months past?
#107 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
How are you FEELING, otherwise? You've been pregnant before...does this feel similar??

Do you feel different than you have in months past?
I dunno lady.

I was lastly pregnant 9 1/2 years ago. That one, I knew and felt it a few days before my period was due, took at test and voila!

I don't feel like I have any pronounced pregnancy signs, at least not any that there isn't another perfectly rational explanation for, ya know? And I'm having a hard time tuning in to my body through the haze of frustration and anxiety, which, yes, I know, could be the exact reason for my missing period.
#108 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
wrong thread
#109 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 08:54 PM

Tuesday seem soooo far away!!
Hang in there

Valeria_vi: did you get your results back?
#110 of 138 Old 08-21-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoma View Post
Tuesday seem soooo far away!!
Hang in there

Valeria_vi: did you get your results back?
nope. ;(
hopefully tomorrow. I am going craaazy!

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#111 of 138 Old 08-22-2008, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
nope. ;(
hopefully tomorrow. I am going craaazy!
They didn't call yesterday?! Any word today?
#112 of 138 Old 08-22-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
They didn't call yesterday?! Any word today?
nope. didn't call yesterday. today - not yet either.
my dh was at the doctors with me and they gave him a call around lunch time yesterday with his test result. the doc told him that my results were not in yet. dunno why - we got our blood drawn at the same time at the same office (of course, he did a different test, of course, but still).

what worries me that I was also getting some thyroid testing. and I remember the doc saying that if TSH comes back abnormal, then she asks for Tree T3/T4 testing using the blood that's already in the lab. So now I am wondering if that was the case. That she got back a bad TSH number and wanted T3/T4. But still - if that was the case she should have called me anyway, right? So I am hoping that it was just a timing issue at the lab (not a bad TSH) and that I'll know everything today.

I assume that everything is still the same for you, Shonahsmom?

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#113 of 138 Old 08-22-2008, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
nope. didn't call yesterday. today - not yet either.
my dh was at the doctors with me and they gave him a call around lunch time yesterday with his test result. the doc told him that my results were not in yet. dunno why - we got our blood drawn at the same time at the same office (of course, he did a different test, of course, but still).

what worries me that I was also getting some thyroid testing. and I remember the doc saying that if TSH comes back abnormal, then she asks for Tree T3/T4 testing using the blood that's already in the lab. So now I am wondering if that was the case. That she got back a bad TSH number and wanted T3/T4. But still - if that was the case she should have called me anyway, right? So I am hoping that it was just a timing issue at the lab (not a bad TSH) and that I'll know everything today.

I assume that everything is still the same for you, Shonahsmom?
Awww lady, I hope you get some answers soon.

Still the same here.
#114 of 138 Old 08-22-2008, 03:09 PM

I have just officially lost my mental stability.
I've just called the office and guess missed the timing by a couple of minutes. They close at 1 on Fridays. Noone called me. And they are only open every other Saturday. I have no clue if tomorrow is their open or closed day. I might know nothing till Monday. I am loosing it completely.

The thing is, if I would have been told right away that the results will be in on Monday/Tuesday/whatever day, I'd just prepare myself., But I was told that the result will be in the next day, which was yesterday. So I had expectations Isn't that only human? Even worse is that they got dh's results and called him, but nothing, nothing for me. I even called yesterday in the evening and the receptionist told me that looks like the doc has to review my test results and I left the number at which I could be reached (plus, they have it on forms I filled out. I really don't know - may be they didn't even have them in. A receptionist might not know all the details). But nobody called me today and now they are closed for the day. I'm a basket case. :

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#115 of 138 Old 08-22-2008, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Awwwww! I'm SO sorry. I think you and hubby should try to do something really fun and different this weekend to try to take your mind off it.. well, I know that's impossible, but maybe it will be possible to enjoy yourself a little. I'm so sorry!
#116 of 138 Old 08-22-2008, 04:02 PM

Oh hun to you,

Is this your doctors office? or the lab place? I hope they are open for you tomorrow!
#117 of 138 Old 08-23-2008, 02:47 PM

They called this morning and left a message (we were still asleep). Thyroid is fine and the pregnancy test is a BFN. oh well. at least, I know that much. of course, this doesn't explain my 2 last weird periods, but I'll just wait and see what the next month brings.

Shonahsmom I hope you get your answer soon.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#118 of 138 Old 08-23-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:

I am new to this site, but I will be praying for your doctor's visit. I am in somewhat of the same situation, although I am only 17 or 18 DPO. I have been having major cramping for about 4 days with no sign of a period. All of my HPTs have come back negative. I am already frustrated and exhausted at this point so I can only imagine what you are going through. Please let us know!
#119 of 138 Old 08-24-2008, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
They called this morning and left a message (we were still asleep). Thyroid is fine and the pregnancy test is a BFN. oh well. at least, I know that much. of course, this doesn't explain my 2 last weird periods, but I'll just wait and see what the next month brings.

Shonahsmom I hope you get your answer soon.
Valeria, I'm sorry! Well, I'm glad to hear that you thyroid is fine and I'm glad you have a solid answer, even though it's not the one you were hoping for.

Nothing has changed over here. I'm out of HPTs which is probably a good thing because the BFNs just totally bring me down. I'm not going to buy anymore. I'll just wait it out until I see the midwives on Tuesday.

WantingOur1st, thanks for your sweet note. Good luck to you!
#120 of 138 Old 08-24-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Valeria, I'm sorry! Well, I'm glad to hear that you thyroid is fine and I'm glad you have a solid answer, even though it's not the one you were hoping for.
I still want to call them back on Monday and ask what my number were on thyroid stuff. Of course, I want it to be fine, but then I read that some people might seem fine on tests, but still have problems. So I don't know. I'm not sure what my next step would be. Do I just think that ok - it is fine, or do I keep pursuing something anyway.

Yes, I am very disappointed on the BFN. But we have just started trying, so I can't really complain yet.

Quote:
Nothing has changed over here. I'm out of HPTs which is probably a good thing because the BFNs just totally bring me down. I'm not going to buy anymore. I'll just wait it out until I see the midwives on Tuesday.
I think not buying any more hpts seems like a great idea. I know it is hard, but I think that getting the bfns is even harder. Please please let us know what happens on Tuesday when you see your midwife.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page