Anyone get a negative HPT at 15 DPO but were actually pregnant? Interesting story from my mom in post #15 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

#121 of 138 Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let us know!

15dpo here. bfn.

i know how you feel. at some point you just wish af would come so you can move on with your life! i wonder what it's like to have pleasant, normal, 28 day cycles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 138 Old 08-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2in09 View Post
Let us know!

15dpo here. bfn.

i know how you feel. at some point you just wish af would come so you can move on with your life! i wonder what it's like to have pleasant, normal, 28 day cycles?
It's really not that great. Doesn't seem to be doing me any favors, anyway :
#123 of 138 Old 11-08-2013, 12:23 PM

I know I'm extremely late but I found this thread on google and have read the whole thing. I'm 15dpo af due tomorrow and just had a neg test. Curious to know what happened to you ladies!

#124 of 138 Old 11-08-2013, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Hi Starry, I don't know remember if I ever posted on this thread or not, but I tend to get negatives a lot early on in pregnancy, once up to 12 weeks past lmp. I am currently 10 weeks since lmp and got a negative yesterday, but dh is pretty convinced I am pregnant. Gonna give it another couple of weeks then might go for a blood test if nothing shows up.

#125 of 138 Old 11-08-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

Hi Starry, I don't know remember if I ever posted on this thread or not, but I tend to get negatives a lot early on in pregnancy, once up to 12 weeks past lmp. I am currently 10 weeks since lmp and got a negative yesterday, but dh is pretty convinced I am pregnant. Gonna give it another couple of weeks then might go for a blood test if nothing shows up.

Hey :) I'm not sure if I could handle waiting so long! With my son I found out at 4w4d being two days late. I hope you get your bfp soon :) 

#126 of 138 Old 11-10-2013, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Thanks...started bleeding yesterday, so I guess no baby this time.

Hope you get yours soon.

#127 of 138 Old 12-03-2013, 12:26 AM

This is happening to me right now, im 4 days late for AF, and 18dpo. I've done hpt tests and a blood test, all saying BFN!! Dr has asked me to go back next week for a urine test to see...my mother-in-law told me that when she was pregnant with her second baby, she knew she was pregnant, but all tests told her no, but she was right, and ended up having my annoying brother-in-law.

I've heard women don't get BFP until as late as 6 weeks into pregnancy if they are pregnant. With my first this didn't happen, but i didn't record when i tested, but i know that AF was late, so i suppose i tested a week or so after AF was late, but that was 2 years ago.

I hope we get our BFP this month, would be a great christmas present for us all! Goodluck and lots of baby dust xxx

#128 of 138 Old 12-03-2013, 01:33 PM

For those of you who just found this thread, like me, it seems that she WAS pregnant!  I'm 15dpo and bfns.. hoping for something soon

#129 of 138 Old 12-04-2013, 02:11 AM

I don't think this month is a bfp for me. 19dpo and nothing greensad.gif gl
#130 of 138 Old 02-08-2014, 02:32 PM

I'm in the same boat.  Dollar Store BFN's on 15dpo and 16dpo.  AF is due tomorrow at 17dpo.  Been having major bloating and breast swelling.  I had what I believe to be implantation bleeding 1 week ago...2 little dots of red blood when wiping, about the size of a sharpie marker.  I had all these symptoms when I was pregnant with my son.  If AF doesn't come tomorrow I will try a FRER test.    

#131 of 138 Old 02-08-2014, 11:18 PM

Just stumbled across this. What ever happened to OP? Anyways, I think in 21 dpo, though not really sure. Had what I thought would be af 2 weeks ago with some spotting. Tested two days ago with a. Bfn. Still getting cramping but no af yet. I didn't knew this was such a comin thing! I feel like im in a support group of sorts! Lol....

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

#132 of 138 Old 02-12-2014, 05:05 AM

Just wanted to say AF did come and boy was she heavy!  I'm still convinced that I was PG due to all the symptoms and implantation bleeding.  I found an interesting study that showed a correlation between days it takes egg to implant and miscarriage.  I can't find the link to the study now, but basically it says most eggs take 7-9 days to implant.  After that, the longer the egg took to travel the higher the rate of miscarriage.  If an egg implanted at 14dpo, the miscarriage rate was 80%!  

Hope you got your answer strmis!  The TWW can drive a person insane sometimes.  Good luck!

#133 of 138 Old 06-12-2014, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know this is 4 years past but what ended up happening?
#134 of 138 Old 06-17-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramomma View Post
I know this is 4 years past but what ended up happening?
I was just wondering the same thing!!
#135 of 138 Old 06-26-2014, 10:32 AM

I wonder too!

WOW after reading this entire thread I really thought they all would have posted what happened! It just dropped off! WE have been TTC for a year. being older we had to go see someone and found out we both had some issues. This cycle I went on clomid, had an ultra sound and saw a very large mature follicle, got the pos OPK the next morning, saw my BBT dip the next day then go up and up and up.. i have the highests temps I have ever seen (been temping 5 cycles) I am now day15 dpo should have started yesterday, have had three BFN! I had what I assume was implantation bleeding 5 days ago, then four days ago felt odd all day, could not be around food, threw up and could not eat until the next day. Now four more days of constant nausea. And super emotional all last week.. If I am not pregnant this time it will for sure be the most surprising and devastating cycle by far!
#136 of 138 Old 06-28-2014, 06:59 AM

I figure I can't be a hypocrite and not update. After three BFN dollar store tests (day before missed af, day of missed, day after missed) I went for blood work. I am in fact pregnant! They told us we would need an IUI. But we wanted to take it one step at a time and just try clomid first. And it worked!! There is hope. Both of us are 37 and have been trying for a year. Good luck!!
fruitfulmomma likes this.
#137 of 138 Old 07-15-2014, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelystephie View Post
I figure I can't be a hypocrite and not update. After three BFN dollar store tests (day before missed af, day of missed, day after missed) I went for blood work. I am in fact pregnant! They told us we would need an IUI. But we wanted to take it one step at a time and just try clomid first. And it worked!! There is hope. Both of us are 37 and have been trying for a year. Good luck!!
I'm new here, sorry if I'm reviving a dead thread.

This is good to hear, because I've gotten a negative (to be fair I did test like two days after missing my period) and if I'm not pregnant I'm having a 60 day cycle... not good. :l

~All that we suffer through leads to determination; the trials we all go through give us the strength to carry on~
#138 of 138 Old 09-07-2014, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
Holy crap! I was just talking to my mom and she said she didn't get a positive result when she was pregnant with me until the second trimester. She kept going to the doctor and the kept testing her and it kept coming back negative. She kept stating that she knew she was pregnant and kept testing negative and they kept telling her she wasn't (no routine ultra sounds at that point) based on the pregnancy tests. She finally demanded a physical and a doctor confirmed that her cervix was blue and her uterus was at 11 weeks.

She didn't get a positive blood test until 12 weeks! Wow!
A friend of mine's cousin had kept getting kidney infections and went to hospital they did an ultrasound and found out she was pregnant. She was 3 months already. She had no idea because she kept getting a period. My other friend had a very weird period and still felt something wasn't right and tested negative up until 8 weeks and than a positive. I have no idea why so many women have undetectable hcg? It makes it hard for women and very confusing. Our bodies can be trying to tell us something but than again they also play tricks on us as well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page