Mothering Forum banner

Any TTC UC'ers out there?

12K views 219 replies 51 participants last post by  SoCaliMommy 
#1 ·
I know there are a couple of new graduates, but I thought I would see if anyone was lurking while they're trying to open up to a new soul!! dp and I have been trying to make a new little one feel welcome this month (my first pp cycle) and I guess we'll see in a few weeks if we have a new family member!

On a side note, I am usually 100% spot on with when I ovulate (even without charting, temping, etc.)... I predicted my first pp egg both times. But, this cycle I think I may have ovulated twice, about 2 days apart! I know it's rare, and I'm a little freaked about twins, but time will tell!

Anyway, mamas, come on out of lurkdom and join the fertile baby-welcoming party!
:

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybunch2k8 View Post
My partner and I have talked about making another little one, but no concrete plans yet!!!

UCing is growing on me, but I may have to do it when OH isn't looking.

*runs back into lurkdom*
That

:

We are planning on TTC either when I get my first PPAF or October/November whichever comes first.

DD is 9 months old, we would prefer NOT have 3 years between babies this go round so I'm picking up some Vitex to nudge AF my way.
:

:

#5 ·
Oooh, I'm so excited!
: So the first ovulation I had was about 6 days ago, and today I am feeling really intense pressure and cramping... I do hope it's a sweet little bundle of cells burrowing in there! We'll see in a while, I suppose.

to the other TTC UC mamas!

#6 ·
YES!!! Technically, I'm just not trying not to conceive. We've stopped using condoms, but I know when I ovulate, and we haven't been DTD very often, so we've gone one month without conceiving. This month I have high hopes, I ovulated twice (although farther between than I would like) and I think I had implantation spotting.
:

I'm stocking up on baby clothes and diapers in the Swap Forum, and thinking babying thoughts.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMama View Post
That

:

We are planning on TTC either when I get my first PPAF or October/November whichever comes first.

DD is 9 months old, we would prefer NOT have 3 years between babies this go round so I'm picking up some Vitex to nudge AF my way.
:

:
May I ask what the drawbacks of having them 3 years apart are?

DS is 4 months so I probably have a few months to go before we can even think about ttc, but I am thinking about how the spacing should go (if I get the choice!). I'm worried I'll be totally overwhelmed by three kids under four. We were talking about giving it a rest for a couple of years and then having two more kids close together. I don't really know and I'd love to hear other opinions about it.

#8 ·
Add me in! (although technically I don't know for sure if I'll UC the next one--I plan on taking each pregnancy individually rather than deciding beforehand)

I've had my period now for 5 cycles. No luck so far. I also have very strange cycles: regular (27-28 days), but I have breakthrough bleeding for a week before my real period starts. Every cycle it's the same: I start bleeding about 5-7 days after I ovulate. Enough that I need a light pad or pantyliner, but it's definitely not my period. My temps are still elevated, no cramping, etc.

So I wonder if my short/weird luteal phase is affecting my ability to get pregnant. It took several years last time and happened after an unsuccessful round of IVF. I wonder if all of the progesterone shots I got right after the embryo transfer did something to my next cycle that allowed me to get pregnant?...

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgeMommy View Post
YES!!! Technically, I'm just not trying not to conceive. We've stopped using condoms, but I know when I ovulate, and we haven't been DTD very often, so we've gone one month without conceiving. This month I have high hopes, I ovulated twice (although farther between than I would like) and I think I had implantation spotting.
:

I'm stocking up on baby clothes and diapers in the Swap Forum, and thinking babying thoughts.

This sounds like me! I thought I o'ed on CD14 and CD20 (yesterday), although it occurred to me that it might have been implanting. It felt an awful lot like ovulating, though I had a bit more pressure/fullness than the usual twinges that I feel with O.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgeMommy View Post
:

I am very tempted. I haven't bought any baby things in a few months, but I have been buying birth books. I just ordered Birth and the Dialogue of Love today and paid more than I'd like to. Okay I had to b/c it was out of print, and that was the only one I could find lol.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkybean View Post
I've been trying to figure out the best way to put this, so it doesn't sound weird, but I can't find a way, so you'll just have to read the most positive, non-strange intentions into this...

Yes, we're TTC our future UBAC baby. Or babies. I'm cool with that.

:

honeybunch2k8, and MidgeMommy, I haven't gotten much cause I have most everything I need, but I have been lovingly organizing all of my newborn diapers and clothes etc. over the last couple of weeks! This babe might be a summertime one, and I've had two winter babes, so I'm excited to gather some new clothing and things.

#13 ·
i REALLY want to UC and just might but everyone thinks i'm on the hb w/midwife bandwagon and thats fine and all but i REALLY want to UC....i've had 4 pp cycles and we havent caught that egg yet.....so we are still trying

sticky vibes my way

p.s. i lurk here ALL THE TIME its one of the only boards i come to so i'm hoping that I do get my UC!

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by paphia View Post
May I ask what the drawbacks of having them 3 years apart are?

DS is 4 months so I probably have a few months to go before we can even think about ttc, but I am thinking about how the spacing should go (if I get the choice!). I'm worried I'll be totally overwhelmed by three kids under four. We were talking about giving it a rest for a couple of years and then having two more kids close together. I don't really know and I'd love to hear other opinions about it.
It has it's MAJOR positives and drawbacks.

Pros are that James is 3.5 and can basically do for himself, so long as I pick out his clothes he can dress himself (except for buttons and socks), he can walk well, he can tell me what is wrong in words, he can help with his sister (fetching diapers, clothes, toys, etc)...

IMO, the cons are they are SOOO far apart what interests James is totally lost on Aldria so it's hard to plan family outings, James is old enough to feel slighted since I have to give so much attention to Aldria...

Mainly it's just personal choice, I like having them far apart for a lot of reasons, but I would like my next 2 to be a wee bit closer for a lot of different reasons...kwim?

#15 ·
Yes, I think I know what you mean. It's really nice seeing how delighted my dd is by every new milestone ds hits. It means he's that much closer to being able to play with her (but not her toys if she has any say, haha). She really can't wait. She's been "playing" with him since he was born:

http://gallery.me.com/michael2k#1004...&bgcolor=black

I might enjoy some of those positives of spacing them a little farther apart, though!

#16 ·
I love the spacing between ds1 & ds2. This new baby will be almost the same amount of space actually (3y 11m between 1 & 2, about 3 y 6 or 7m between 2 &3). I like that my older one was old enough to understand (mostly) that the baby needed me. I like that he wasn't a baby anymore, so I wasn't trying to care for 2 who were basically babies. They love playing together & have since ds2 was old enough to be able to play.

***going back to not pretending I'm still ttc

#17 ·
We aren't but I've been reading this one because I enjoy stalking ttcers and pregnant people. It's true. I've even had a ddddc that says so.

Anyhow, for those wondering about age spacing DD1 and DD2 are 27 months apart and it is FABULOUS! DD1 was still small enough that there wasn't a lot of rough play. She was also old enough that she could do things for herself, she didn't seem to have any jealousy (in fact its just starting and DD2 is 1 in a week!
). They play together great too. Due to the smoothness of the transition (and I realize it could just be my kids), if we have any more we won't try if it would mean a spacing of under 27 months.

That said, we have a friend who has a wife due here in the next couple weeks and their babies will be 13 months apart (yes she got pregnant at 4 months pp!) and they are excited about it actually. Their thinking is that their ds1 will be so young by the time their ds2 is born he won't have had that established "me" mentality. He will always know having a younger sibling.

So there you go, something to ponder.

#18 ·
It's funny how the TTC thread has turned into an "ideal child spacing" thread!

My two cents: dd1 and dd2 are 2 years and 8 months apart, and for us it was an ideal spacing. They starting having some conflict at around 18 months when they were old enough to begin to communicate with each other (sort of
)... but the first year and a half were bliss in terms of balancing both of their needs. A very smooth transition... if I get pregnant this cycle, this baby and dd2 will be 1 month closer in age. We'll see!

I really have been having some interesting uterine sensations these last couple of days (6-7dpo) and I wonder if it's a little one making a home in there!
:

Anyone else having any symptoms?

#19 ·
I'm heading out to the natural health store to pick up some Vitex to get my period back. From what I read on KellyMom it can up milk supply...but some have reported a drop in supply...but I think that could be related to AF starting as well.

I'm nearly 10months post partum and haven't gotten AF back...it took 18 months with DS.

I have a friend who got pregnant when her DS was 5 months old (despited EBF!) and while she has some positives, she also had some downsides. Her DS was soooo young when her DD was born that he still (IMO) needed his mama and he had to share her. But like PP said, having a sibling is all he'll ever know, and they'll be super close when they get older and I'm sure it will be easier for her when she starts HS'ing because they'll be basically on the same plane...where as my kids (we're HS'ing as well) will be so drastically different in their schooling needs...

For me that is too close. I'm hoping to have my next 2 just under 2 years apart...I got pg with my DD 12 days after James turned 2
I'm hoping to have the next 2 1 year and 9 months aprart or there abouts

#20 ·
How fun! Even if you read threads that don't apply how these cool discussions come up. We're not TTC, we're 8 weeks along.

My two oldest are 2 and 1/2 years old, and I've never liked that. They are so disassociated from each other. But the next two are fifteen months apart and they are best friends. There was never a moment when they had to struggle for me, I wore Emily through pregnancy and then both after Rach was born. The only issue was that it was so hard to bf Emily while I was pregnant with Rachel, that she was on the bottle by six months of age, after EBF.

#21 ·
We are ttc#3 which will be a UC.

I good hospital birth and one semi crummy hospital birth were enough.

My kids are almost 3yrs apart. My son was born in May 06 and my daughter then turned 3 in Aug 06. It's a good gap but then it has the cons.. they fight alot
: more so my 5yr old she won't leave the 2yr old alone she is constantly in his face and bothering him. My daughter finally Pt'd 3months after she turned 3 also so i only had 1 in diapers after she Pt'd totally in 1day with no accidents.

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post
Welcome, JustKiya! I'm glad you bumped this thread as I know DustysSweety03 and I are still plugging away on this TTC journey!

And me too!

#25 ·
DD is 5-1/2 months old. We aren't doing anything to prevent, but I'm not ovulating due to my very strong BFing hormones. I've always had very intense hormones, so it doesn't surprise me that I'm in Lactation Amenorrhea Land.

But DD is a really laid-back baby (honestly, she rarely cries to eat, I have to use my mommy-sense instead). Now would be a great time to have another since she's so laid-back and not very time-intensive. I have to very consciously attachment parent because she doesn't demand it at all. Not that I'd start neglecting her when a new one comes along- it just wouldn't be a big strain on me. She's not a high-needs child.

Anyway, point is: it would be great to be pregnant now, I'm just not ovulating.

So I'm kind of TTC, but not actively since it wouldn't matter because there's nothing to fertilize!

#26 ·
We are. We stopped using BC in June and are just waiting to see what happens. I have been studying up on Natural Childbirth for about a year now and know for sure I want a UC. I am so excited.
:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.