Mothering Forum banner

What is the earliest anyone has EVER gotten pregnancy symptoms??

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  carrot_flowers 
#1 ·
What is the earliest any of you have ever gotten any pregnancy symptoms? I mean, any symptoms...nausea, peeing a lot, sore boobs, whatever.

Realistically, is it even possible to get symptoms before implantation? I'm guessing no, but...well...when the egg is fertilized, doesn't it start making some kind of hormones right then and there? My mom has my copy of TCOYF, so I can't look it up right now, but I'm really curious. Why, you ask?

Because I'm 2DPO and I have sore nipples.

Please tell me that it's absolutely impossible to have any symptoms this early so I can stop obsessing!

See less See more
#2 ·
I really don't know if it's possible to have symptoms that early. I do know that I've already invented weird twinges and ticks, and all sorts of things that go "bump" and I'm just trying really hard to talk myself out of them. I am going to try to be a cool momma and just wait until AF is late.

I say that now...

Try to go do something to take your mind off it a little. I dunno- I'm eating ice cream, but I could see that becoming a secondary issue in my case, ha ha ha. Maybe go paint your toenails and be thankful that you can still see them. Because once we get our BFP's, we will have to rely on our DH to paint them (perish the thought)!

#3 ·
I honestly feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! I wish I could go to sleep and wake up in two weeks, lol!

#4 ·
<sigh> i had the exact same thing happen. i never get sore/tender and my nipples have been achey since only a couple days after O. that was over a week ago and i'm STILL waiting to see whether or not i'm crazy.

i'll let you know on monday (when the evil AF should arrive)!

here's to hoping we're just incredibly sensitive to the early baby hormones!

:

#7 ·
When I got pregnant with my son my hair started falling out almost immediately.

Not gobs and gobs of hair (yikes), but lots between my fingers each day in the shower. My daughter was about 22 months and still nursing and I hadn't lost any significant hair at all since the first trimester of her pregnancy, so I had lots to lose.

It was a hindsight pregnancy symptom though, and I didn't think much of it until I got my BFP.

Good luck with you nipples!!

#8 ·
With most of my pregnancies, I knew without a doubt within 2 weeks from conception.

This sounds weird, but my nipples would suddenly just get rock hard out of nowhere - or especially if I sneezed, and I went up a full and noticeable cup size in that 2 weeks.

It's definitely possible.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by feminine_earth View Post
carrot_flowers, I'm very excited for you!!
:
this is only our first month TTC and i'm not at all optimistic b/c my temps have been on gradual decline since 8 DPO. bah. i can't wait until i have a complete chart to compare to! then the obsession seems more more founded.

i seriously can't wait until we all graduate from TTC with our little white hats with TWO pink tassels, lol.

#10 ·
I'd have a hard time believing anyone could have true symptoms before implantation because your body doesn't know its pregnant until that little babe nestles in and attaches to your uterus. There's alot of dividing and multiplying going on with the babe before it attaches, but nothing's going on with your hormones that's any different until implantation. Then your body gets the signal that something's brewing and, well, all hell breaks loose.

I'm sure there are people who just "know" that they are pregnant from conception, they just have a feeling that a baby was made that special night, but it's not thanks to any real pregnancy signs their body is giving them.

But those of us ttc are equipped with heightened senses that are hopefully jumping on every little squeak and tinge we feel as a sign of pregnancy. It's a terrible gift--makes the tww soooo long.

Good luck, mama. I do hope you get your bfp this time around.

#11 ·
Some do actually say that changes can be felt straight away,but i think thats just down to each individual.You may very well be one of those and i hope that your lucky.Its just so frustrating isn't it,im exactly the same,obsessed,im 8 days po and to be honest i don't know whether what im experiencing is in fact pregnency(fingers crossed) or just the lead up to my AF.I just try to keep as chilled as poss not to get my hopes up.Good luck any advice i may pick up il pass on

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by feminine_earth View Post
Because I'm 2DPO and I have sore nipples.
l
Oing gives me sore nips, I know how you feel every month I'm sitting around pinching my nips saying "ow, I hope this is a PG symptom *pinch* ow!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matilda_z View Post
Good luck with you nipples!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnassistedMomma View Post
This sounds weird, but my nipples would suddenly just get rock hard out of nowhere - or especially if I sneezed,
I ALWAYS give myself THO when I sneeze, and goose bumps. I freak the people I work with out when I hold my boobs when I sneeze. It's like sneezing Vinus De'milo!

I hope this is your month!!

#13 ·
well really I don't see how you could -- be fore implantation on day -- what 8 or so?? the sympotoms come from hormonal changes, hormonals change can't happen untill implattions.

On Day 10 I had my "pregancy backache" with DS2 and THAT is why tested early -- i had not logical hope of a pos on 10DPO ... but i got one.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma Aimee View Post
well really I don't see how you could -- be fore implantation on day -- what 8 or so?? the sympotoms come from hormonal changes, hormonals change can't happen untill implattions.

On Day 10 I had my "pregancy backache" with DS2 and THAT is why tested early -- i had not logical hope of a pos on 10DPO ... but i got one.
This is not entirely accurate.

Hcg is produces before implantation but in too small amounts to be measureable however the fertilised egg does produce some a day or two after fertilization but before implantation.

I believe some people are way more sensitive to the hormonal changes in their bodies and some people have a reaction to this early hcg while others are completely without symptoms.

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamr3211 View Post
For me the nausea started on and off as soon as implantation happened, 5-7 DPO. Good luck!!!
: I also got indigestion/heartburn within days. And that's funny b/c everyone said I would have a baby w/ a head full of hair...well, DD was born w/ more hair than most toddlers have!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.