November Pre - O - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 224 Old 11-07-2003, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Joy! do you have tcoyf (ok....I need to be paid now! :LOL) After a year of random unprotected sex or *four charted cycles, you need to consider some actions. I think there are still other things to try before going to the IF pokes and proddings and pills. eg, just glancing at the book beside me...I'm *not attached to it :LOL, consider an SA, that's not invasive....

Keri: OK, I admit, I reviewed tcoyf before bding last night to see if I could rely on FAM for tta, and then after to make sure I could pee without losing anyone :LOL!!!! It didn't say......just douche and lying if dh's sperm count it low, I think.....

OK, I guess I get the for the day! :LOL well.....I gotta make sure I'm not killing anyone! :LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 224 Old 11-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Hi Joy!!

Lovely to see you back...well, you now what I mean.....Happy that you are in good company, not happy that you aren't pg!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#63 of 224 Old 11-07-2003, 06:05 PM

Letia...

Yes, i've got TCOYF. I've about memorized the thing... lol
My cycles arevery odd... In reality i've only ovulated 4 times this year... I went from June to October with 3 anov. cycles, so i'm hopeful that my body is getting back on track. My doc knows we're having problems, she is encouraging me to have normal cycles before we talk fertility meds...

Adina.... thanks for the welcome... I post over at FF, but tend to be radical, so am making a conscious effort to post more often over here... where i'm not so much of a freak

Joy
#64 of 224 Old 11-07-2003, 07:57 PM

Hey guys, I'm CD1 today and after one super sad day yesterday, I'm okay and ready for this new month.

Coleslaw, that is hilarious about your red flaky nose and half a lung not being a turn-on, but then realizing"a sideways glance" does the trick for a guy! You aren't kidding, nor are you alone.

Joy, I sure hope your cycles even out on track really soon. Has acupuncture been part of the picture for getting regular? I've heard this can really help.

Hevasoul, we are really close on our charting days, I think. It will be fun to do this month together. I know you're still pissed, and so am I. I really felt so different last month.

Gonnabe, I'm thinking you're right about our bodies doing these trial runs, testing the gears so to speak, getting ready for the real thing. I am sure that I did this last time as well (with dd).

And Cheryl, you so totally deserve to be pregnant this month. I really believe you will be, very soon.

Sierra, where are you? Are you doing another insemination this month, or do you have to wait? I thought of you when today, for lunch I bought myself a yummy falafel & hummus pita. Not that part, actually it was the big, fat beautiful dark chocolate brownie with chocolate chips & walnut chunks that topped it off. I felt no guilt or remorse whatsoever.

Let this be our month!
#65 of 224 Old 11-07-2003, 08:57 PM

I've scooted over to 2ww wait, but I can't miss out on how everyone is doing.

Nature girl,

It seems to me there was a topic a while back on improving cm.

I think cutting out coffe was mentionned, along with evening primrose oil.

I noticed some improvement with my fertility tea (which you can probably no say with me) Nettle, red raspberry, and red clover.

If not you can always use the egg whites!
#66 of 224 Old 11-08-2003, 06:14 AM

Bluedragonfly, it felt good to come here are already have a warm welcome. I was just waiting until AF had officially shown up on my doorstep...and sure enough, she arrived this evening : . I would totally do a backflip for falafel and hummus and pita right now after my day of *splurging* to no end on candy and diet coke...now I'm finally craving the good stuff again...thank goodness . Oh my G-d, that brownie sounds like heaven, though!

I'm glad I've got buddies from the 2ww here with me! Yea! I am excited to do this cycle together, more or less. It should be fun.

I think I'll count tomorrow as CD1, since today AF came only very late in the evening and was still relatively light. I am expecting O sometime between the 23rd and the 27th...at least that is what I think so far. I am going to do insems again this month even though timing will be a bit difficult if I do get pregnant (My job requires heavy work in August and September). Like I could wait another month when I could have a baby here in my arms still this next summer LOL! I wrote an email to my donor a couple days ago when my temps started dropping, and sounds like we're on.

Sierra

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
#67 of 224 Old 11-08-2003, 06:33 AM

So I am just sitting here and I got to thinking...I'm going to take advantage of this AF time for a couple things:

1. Re-center in healthy ways, drink lots of water (mainly to shed all the junk that must have built up during my junk food splurges today and yesterday), etc. My body is shedding blood, so it seems like a good time to shed some "toxins" and whatnot .

2. In many cultures and religions, menses is seen as a time when the veil between worlds is thin, and as a time of meditation, reflection, and introspection. I like the idea of sort of being quiet and meditative right now and centering myself for my cycle. I'm trying to focus on that and re-connecting with my baby's spirit/inviting my baby's spirit in instead of gearing up and gaining momentum like I did last cycle. I'll save that for the waiting time between when my period ends and I O :LOL.

I am wondering about progesterone though. I was looking really carefully at my charts today. I have pretty normal length luteal phases (although I either have a really inaccurate understanding of when I O each month or they vary in length a little more than other people). What troubles me is that I have this weird, extreme early temp drop post-O in many of my cycles, and I'm wondering if it might have something to do with progesterone. Not sure at this point that it warrants going to the doc, but since I am pretty sure I did have an early m/c this month, I'm wondering about natural forms of progesterone (yams?).

Other than that, with the reflective mood I am in, here is what I want to do differently this month:
  • Spend less time looking at my chart wishing it would give me clues (if I can even help that: ) and more time just enjoying the fact that I *could* be pregnant and bonding with the spirit that will come join me one of these days.
  • Buy more pregnancy tests from the begining, and just plan on not being able to resist . I know people say it is bad to test too early, but I know myself better now than to think I have the willpower not to just check. This time, I wont fight with SO about waiting to test (she has more willpower and is even more anxious about negatives). I'll just plan to test and not to announce anything unless it is good. I must say, after the first test that really brought me down, I felt better having some hints that AF was likely coming on. I tested three times last cycle.
  • Spend more time cleaning the house. It is a good way to burn off obsessive energy and must make things more inviting/welcoming for baby spirits.
  • Exercise more. It will help burn stress and will make my body a better home for babies.
  • Not even try to call the doctors for a blood test. Every place I called basically just laughed at me and told me to wait it out, and I felt like they had no idea the type of stress waiting causes and how much even a couple days would make a difference .
  • Use Answer early pregnancy tests instead of EPTs. As long as I am testing early, I might as well use a test that is more likely to get a BFP early. (I've heard about the false positives with FRER).
  • Be more open with others about trying. People in my life amazed me in that they didn't keep asking if I was pregnant yet, and the people I told were very helpful/caring when it didn't work out. Of course, they may tire at it almost as quickly as I do, but I also think it helps for them to know since I've increased my medical monitoring (type I diabetic here )

Anything you all are doing differently this time around (or perhaps you've been discussing this...I haven't caught up on all the posts yet)?

~Sierra

#68 of 224 Old 11-08-2003, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the welcomes - !

CD 2. Feeling much better today already - I let myself feel the sadness and disappointment, and now it's time to move forward. It's like any difficulty in life - acknowledge the emotion, feel it, but don't let yourself wallow in it and stay down there, ruining any chance of achieving your goal. Only then can you move on and hope to succeed. Ok, end of pep talk - who was I lecturing, exactly? :LOL

I'm also glad to have my fellow 2-wwers with me for this cycle. Let this be our month!!

I ordered TCOYF yesterday - I've only gleaned the info here and there, so now it's time to really learn this stuff!!

The saliva killing sperm info, for example, that's news to me...which brings up another thing I've thought about, do you still call it BDing when it's just for fun (ie low/zero chance of conception?) And Letia - tta? Can't find that acronym.

Love the flakey red nose and half a lung seductress image - :LOL That's me...I've had a nasty cold since Sunday night - it had better go away by the time it's time for us to BD! And if it doesn't, yeah, I may not have too much difficulty getting dh interested, but I want to have fun with this, too!

everybody!
#69 of 224 Old 11-08-2003, 03:17 PM

Sierra,

Sounds like you've got yourself very centered. I don't take progesterone, but I do take Vitex starting at O time to increase my production of progesterone.

I'm impressed that people seem to be taking the begining of a new cycle gracefully. I'm taking notes in case I have to do so again.

I sooo want everyone to get their babies soon!
#70 of 224 Old 11-08-2003, 03:29 PM

Welcome, welcome to the ladies just arriving! Your af introspection provides a boost of optimism to all of us, I'm sure.

I want to focus on spiritual opening to welcome a baby spirit to me this month. I just started Birthing From Within, so am very inspired.

I have much more to write, but just got some early guests, better go get out of my jammies! Happy weekend!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#71 of 224 Old 11-08-2003, 04:30 PM

Hi all.

I'm at home, taking it easy, but I think I may rouse myself out of my lazy mood right after this check-in...

I am encouraged, btw, with Brandi's BFP post on the Nov 2ww thread...!!

Sierra, glad to hear you've got so much going on with your plan for this cycle and beyond. I'm also revamping my approach.
  • I will call my dh's accupuncturist/naturopth on Monday, set up an appt with her.
  • I will keep reminding myself of the power of positive thought, continue daily meditations, like adventuregirl, Bluedragonfly and others have talked about - Welcome baby, I am ready for you, I will nourish you, love you...the list goes on
  • I will also "clean house" on various levels - on the physical outside level, make sure our home is clean and organized so that when it's a work night, and time to BD, that we have a calm, inviting space in which to do that, and in which to rest and remain positive afterwards. Remove stress triggers!
Positive baby vibes to everyone!!
#72 of 224 Old 11-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Hi gals! Sorry to see you all back here again!

Sierra - sounds like you are in a good place! I am not doing anything new really....but I did cut out caffeine completely. And I am actually remembering to take my prenatals every day. Other than that I have been working through a book called The Whole Person Fertility Program...and I think it is a great book. Some of it I take with a grain of salt...but on the whole it has been very enlightening.

I hope that you all O right on time and graduate!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#73 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 02:27 AM

hummmmmmmm.....what am I doing?

Well.....I got a BD therm, now! btw....does that sucker only hold the last temp until you turn it on and if I turn it back on to double check its gone? : ummmm, taking prenatals now that bding is on....I don't know.....praying.......not only for pg; but ttc! Right from the beginning! Asking the Lord to guide the swimmers to the egg. I don't *really *know! I guess I better get to cleaning too! I better get those dust mites in the bedroom before I get ! I *need to cut the caffeine! No sweet tea! : I need to watch sugars. (diag type 2 last pg and don't want shots or bs testing) I don't know....that's it, I guess!

Heveasoul, I saw tta on the tcoyf board. I thought it was ttabstain; but, I imagine its more like ttavoid. :LOL

Definately ttc is back on! : belly (but a bit darker as the baby gets older; but its possible he could be that light at birth :LOL)
#74 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 03:06 AM

Well I have to admit I am not doing much different this cycle. I don't drink coffee. Very little sugar. Drink de-caf tea as much as possible. I guess I could concentrate on eating more fresh, organic fruits and vegetables...Other than that I am still trying to keep a positive attitude and be peaceful in where I am now and what will be.

Oh, earlier heveasoul, you asked about counting bding days when the type of bding was pretty much non-conceivable (ykwim) Well I don't count those days on my chart. BUT, I am thinking about starting to note it so I can prove to my dh that he gets it more than he thinks. :LOL

Thank you all for saying I deserve to get prego this month. I don't think I deserve it any more than any of you! Heck I probably deserve it alot less than some. Good luck to everyone, whether you have been trying one month, one year or one decade.

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#75 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 05:06 AM

Sphew! Ladies! This has been one rough day of AF. I usually have some heavy cramping, but I don't think I've ever had menstrual cramping this bad. I was totally unable to function today and once I *finally* got myself to sleep I slept all afternoon because being awake was waaaaay too painful. My trusty Ibuprofen that I had wanted to avoid didn't even help. I was so glad SO was around to take care of me. I am just now able to walk around again this evening. I feel like the implantation is making this period a little harder. Anyway, gotta go lay back down. Hope you all had a good Saturday!

Sierra

#76 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 10:44 AM

Well, I'm off to the 2ww. I o'd yesterday. But I have NO hope of being pg. I thought it would be intesting, however, to pay attention to my ymptoms and see how many"pg" ones I get. You know, how much is in my normal 2ww cycle to tell the difference for next month. Did that make much sense? I am NOT a morning person!

Good luck with the baby making and may that sperm reach that egg!!! See you on the other side!
#77 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 01:29 PM

Well folks, it would appear I'm skipping the 2ww and moving straight to the I'm pregnant board!! (I hear that 2ww is horribly stressful anyway) I'm really not sure when it happened, it doesn't feel like there's been much bd since the m/c.
This morning I took another FRER and the line is very faint but it's there (you don't think I could just be seeing things do you????) This of course means I have to call monday to cancel my tuesday knee surgery: , they don't like short notice, I wonder what they'll think of this notice.
I'm going to keep an eye on this board and the 2ww board cause I hope to be joined shortly by all of you!!
#78 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
What a great feeling on the pre-o thread.

and Shannon... Congratulations!
Hope you see that dark line soon!

To update I am cd7 and ready to get the party started.
So other than feeling good about a new cycle and another chance, there is not much going on here.
Got to go and get my home ready for a dinner party tomorrow night!
Good luck to everyone, we will catch our eggs!
#79 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 02:24 PM

Shannon!

YEAH!

Everybody have fun with your BDfest, and come on over to the 2ww!
#80 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 02:31 PM

Shannon, I'm so excited for you!!!

Here's to a healthy 40 weeks ahead and a beautiful babe!
#81 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 02:58 PM

Thanks, I can't even believe how excited I am I haven't told dh yet, he's sleeping and has worked so much overtime the last few days and tonight we have to go to dinner at his parents before he goes into work again, I don't want to wake him but I do, ykwim?? I will test again tomorrow hoping to see a darker line (thank God for 2 packs) I knew pretty much for sure yesterday when I was cooking dinner and felt sick as soon as I opened the oven door. It's a totally different kind of nauseous, has anyone else found that??
#82 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Congrats Shannon!!! I think that is the first time we have had a BFP in the Pre O thread! :LOL

I am just ready to get this bd'ing show on the road!! I am ready! I am going to get pregnant! I know it! NOw I just need to O! :LOL

#83 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 06:22 PM

Shannon! Congratulations!

How great to get a BFP in the "pre-O". Hope this is the start of a wonderful month of BFP's!

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#84 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 06:39 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Shannon!
wow - a BFP announcement on the pre-O board, what fun!! Skipping the whole 2-ww, ya gotta like that (I've been wondering when I'd get an opportunity to use that smiley!)

Sorry AF hit you so hard, Sierra - hope you're back to normal soon.

Have a great remainder of the weekend, everybody - have fun BDing, or resting!

CD 3 for me, and dh has hurt his back - helping him to get all better, for his own sake, and for the duties at hand in a week or so...

Gotta go - birthday dinner for dh at his parents, and I'm still a mess, !
#85 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 09:05 PM

Woohooo Shannon! That is great news for you and great inspiration for all of us.

I believe more than ever before that my body does a few practice runs, letting go of imperfections in preparation for the perfect egg and implantation. Although I've never tested positive and had it happen, I *know* I've had these myself, prior to dd's conception, and I'm pretty sure this happened to us last month. Strange circumstances, too strange.

However, it is not comparable to someone who shows positive and carries for any period of time. I am trying to see it as a positive thing for me, a sign of the pregnancy to come.

Sierra I love all your ideas, and I also instinctively feel that strange space when AF starts. I continue through, clearing out the past and making way for the new. I have a natural yam cream that I use on my belly, inner wrists, throat, but my luteal phase is 14 days, so I don't use it often. If I could force myself to eat yams every other day, I'd do that. I manage to eat them once or twice a month . Super healthy for ovulation and post-O.

As for me, I am continuing with fertility teas, and bringing back yoga into my life. I have had trouble making time for it through the summer, but I have to. It keeps me sane. Plus all the reasons you mentioned.

And I'm doing something really special - redecorating our guest bathroom. Have been dreaming about this for months, and I finally started it today. I am doing the base in a sand color, then colorwashing a blue over it. I am putting in wooden towel racks, and a gorgeous embroidered palm tree shower curtain. And putting up a framed collage of beach & water photos of dd, dh, me, cousins. And I will be sooooo happy and at peace when I go in there to wee.

That's where we conceived #1

So that should keep me busy this month!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
#86 of 224 Old 11-09-2003, 09:06 PM

Shannon! Having had a m/c earlier this year, I am especially happy for you, and hopeful for myself! CD14 and I *thought I saw ew the last two days.....:. I think I ought to do some dancing in tonight! :LOL
#87 of 224 Old 11-10-2003, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluedragonfly
I have a natural yam cream that I use on my belly, inner wrists, throat, but my luteal phase is 14 days, so I don't use it often. If I could force myself to eat yams every other day, I'd do that. I manage to eat them once or twice a month .
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of yams either. Where did you get the cream? What's its name?

Sierra

#88 of 224 Old 11-10-2003, 01:33 PM

Shannon! That is so awesome! Congrats!

I'm at cd15 and O-ing any time now. My ew over the weekend was very little compared to normal, so I'm hoping that isn't going to be a problem. Covered on the bd, but will do a little more tonight just in case I don't O until tomorrow, and then maybe again tomorrow morning.....

Lots of baby dust flying around me lately, I held a week old babe last night, such a precious little thing. Also found out that a friend is pg, made it thru her first tri after 3 m/c, AND another couple of friends are adopting as soon as December. Babies, babies, everywhere, here's to a whole bunch more from this group here!!!!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#89 of 224 Old 11-10-2003, 02:24 PM

Morning Girls...

I had a question... do any of you do grapefruit juice to improve CM, and if so, how much?

TIA

Joy
#90 of 224 Old 11-10-2003, 03:53 PM

Post bd here! Man! I was tired and not really in the mood. But, the cause....... We couldn't get it going and, we kept laughing, OK, me! We gave up and dh said maybe it wasn't going to happen; but, since I'm 'goal' oriented :LOL I didn't want to give up, considered Ovusoft had me Oing today. But, took it back when I put in my temp which was two hours later than yesterday, which is an early day for me. I haven't done CM yet. I wanted to wait until later as I would probably have to put semen obsured. Hopefully, I can tell later, unlike CD 7. But after verifying we didn't have a m/c. We were a bit zealous dance two dances. :LOL Anyway, we have done the deed and I'm not sure if we want to try again tonight. And do better than last night. : Ovusoft recommends an OPK Their kinda spensive; but, for the cause.....can u get a tax credit for ttc? :LOL It can add up! :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page