November Pre - O - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 224 Old 11-24-2003, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sierra! Ah the things we think about when stuffing ourselves with ew...:LOL Seriously, glad you thought of me - I hope this time next year you'll be holding a sweet little 3-month old!! I hope Saturday did it for you, and if not, this Wednesday! Sorry to hear about the stink, poor you!

If you don't trust her, is there a different acupuncturist you could start seeing? Like most practitioners, conventional or alternative, I don't think they know that much about FAM. Maybe her lack of "readability" is more due to her insecurity - being lost in what you're saying, but afraid to admit it, so she gives off a standoffish attitude? Or maybe she's concentrating, trying to understand?

Yeah, I'm glad to have started the acupuncture (one of the first "to-do's" after AF showed ). My one day of serious ewcm was the one I had acupuncture. Hard to know...can it take effect that quickly? That day was the Tuesday before Sat (the day my temp indicated I O'd...). I still had some ew on Saturday, though, so I'm hoping...(((fingers and toes crossed smiley!!)))

everybody!!
#212 of 224 Old 11-24-2003, 11:01 PM

mat4mel - I looked it up in my TCOYF, and mid-cycle spotting is one way of identifying your Peak Day.
#213 of 224 Old 11-25-2003, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My temp jumped, I O'd!!!
Of course I must wait and see what my temps do the next couple of days, but it looks pretty clear to me!Jodie's Chart

Sierra~ That's too bad about your parents. I went through some rough patches with mine. They didn't want me to marry my DH and when I first told them (my mom) I was going off birth control(in Feb.2002)I was told not to call them and tell them I was pregnant. Now DH and I have been married for 2+ years and they love him and really want us to have a child.
I guess they still wanted to hold on to their little girl and I was moving farther and farther away from them.
Surrounding yourself with people that support you is a really smart thing. I hope you find all the support you need!!

Guess I'll be here for a few more days!
Lets all get pregnant!!
#214 of 224 Old 11-25-2003, 12:07 PM

Heveasoul: I did a little herbal reading last night and wanted to update our fertility herb knowledge. Red raspberry leaf is fine for TTC, but not optimal. Better to be used in conjunction with red clover blossoms. Also, nettles is a great one for TTC. This is according to Susun Weed's book "Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year."

Her books are available at www.susunweed.com
Her website has tons of interesting information, including an herbal forum...
#215 of 224 Old 11-25-2003, 12:11 PM

Hey, thanks bamboogrrrl!

Congrats on the O, Jodie, yahoooooo!! I'll be talking to you over in the 2-ww...!
#216 of 224 Old 11-25-2003, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by heveasoul
mat4mel - I looked it up in my TCOYF, and mid-cycle spotting is one way of identifying your Peak Day.
Thanks for looking that up for me. But unfortunately we didn't BD yesterday when I started spotting. My dd has been having sleep issues so me and DH last did the deed on Friday. It's not likely for sperm to live that long. Even if yesterday was our peak day, I was cramping, and feeling really dry... I don't see how that could be a peak day. My body is just all screwed up for some reason. Atleast the spotting never got heavy at all, and it has seemed to stop, although every once in a while I get a crampy feeling in my back. I really wish I had insurance right now so I could get some blood tests done or something to see what the heck is going on. Last cycle was 30 days so hopefully this cycle won't last too long. I am feeling really dry now and my boobs are feeling sensitive. I am only 23.. I shouldn't be having screwy cycles!!

Anyway thanks for letting me vent..

Mel
#217 of 224 Old 11-25-2003, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluedragonfly
Hi Cheryl! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you this month. It's very good you're getting checked, also. Although I am hypothyroid, my weight is not affected - I'm 5'6" at 117.

Shannon0218, that was VERY interesting to read, about your dog And very telling. Hormones are responsible for our bodies functioning. It cannot be said how important they are. And our thyroid is responsible for regulating our hormones. You were right on the money with the TSH test not being an accurate predictor. Thanks alot for sharing your 5 cents

Bamboogrrrl, I had a HSG a year prior to getting pregnant with my DD. It was a little painful when they inserted the tube, then squirted the dye in, but not too bad. DH & I got to watch it all on the monitor, and I was clear, so made me forget the pain. Oh, they say that the month following, you are considered extremely fertile, as the dye may work to push out any minor blockages.

Katie, I am sure your psychic was right, give or take a month! I believe in that stuff....

Mel! midcycle spotting could mean you are super fertile - are you ovulating for sure, do you know? Mine is more red on occasion, not brown. How much are you getting? Did you have any trouble conceiving #1?

Happy Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Bluedragonfly
I am not sure if I am ovulating.. I can't temp right now because I'm nursing at night still, and tried for a while but it was always high. My spotting was just brown, no red, not even enough for a pad. I could see it on white TP but not on my fingers, it is so light. I also had some mild cramping. :

I had no trouble conceiving my first and third children.. #2 I tried for 9 months after a m/c while having irregular cycles. I got pregnant with #3 before ever getting a period while nursing #2. This is probably really confusing.

Mel
#218 of 224 Old 11-26-2003, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by heveasoul
If you don't trust her, is there a different acupuncturist you could start seeing? Like most practitioners, conventional or alternative, I don't think they know that much about FAM. Maybe her lack of "readability" is more due to her insecurity - being lost in what you're saying, but afraid to admit it, so she gives off a standoffish attitude? Or maybe she's concentrating, trying to understand?

Yeah, I'm glad to have started the acupuncture (one of the first "to-do's" after AF showed ). My one day of serious ewcm was the one I had acupuncture. Hard to know...can it take effect that quickly? That day was the Tuesday before Sat (the day my temp indicated I O'd...). I still had some ew on Saturday, though, so I'm hoping...(((fingers and toes crossed smiley!!)))
heveasoul,

I think the acupuncture can take effect pretty quickly, depending on the treatment. Whenever I stand up after a treatment for my pain, my acupuncturist always asks me what my pain level is and seems to reconsider the day's treatment if my pain isn't lower.

I do mostly like my acupuncturist. I'm pretty picky because I met with one of the best once when I lived in Colorado. He had studied in China for *many* years, and he was just soooo on top of it. But I also can't switch providers because the one I'm seeing is the only one in the area who would agree to take a lien on my settlement. At this point I can't afford the treatments with the frequency I am doing, even if someone did a sliding scale for me (which no one has seemed keen on anyway).

I do think you're covered, especially since you had some EW still on Saturday. I always feel like I get lots of EW before Oing and then on the day I O it is actually less...like I'm coming to the end of that hormonal surge so my body is giving up the last bit it has (???). So maybe it's the same kind of thing. Confusing though, isn't it ?!

My monitor is still reading "high." We talked with our donor's S.O. tonight and decided to skip the insem tomorrow and to try again on Friday. This way we sorta spread out our three shots. I think if I peak tomorrow there will probably still be some sperm alive by the time I ovulate, and if we go again on Friday we'll cover the O that way as well. If I peak later than tomorrow, Friday will provide a fresh dose.

And who knows, maybe the holidays will provide a surge of excitement that will draw the baby in. Come on baby! See how much fun we can have! :LOL

Sierra

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
#219 of 224 Old 11-26-2003, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Okay ladies I am finally out of here and on to the 2ww! I will send the O fairy back to see all of you!

Much and !!!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#220 of 224 Old 11-26-2003, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Well ladies, FF has gone and given me a coverline, so I'm off to the 2ww. Jodie's Chart
See y'all over there soon!!
#221 of 224 Old 11-26-2003, 01:06 PM

Thanks, Sierra, for the acupuncture input.

As for the ew dry-up, I don't have my TCOYF here, but I think it's normal for the cm to start dyring up by the time you actually O...

fingers and toes crossed for you and your egg-catching timing!!

See you on the other side....c'mon over... !

Jodie, yay, congratulations, happy O dance over here!
#222 of 224 Old 11-28-2003, 01:40 AM

Hey Gals,

I've had my head buried in my new books, and then been scurrying around to prepare for thanksgiving.

I'm in the not much happening part of the cycle. CD 10. Not feeling optimistic about this month, but also feeling sure I'll have a baby sooner or later. Last month was I'm sure I'm pregnant/it's never gonna happen, so this is better, but strange.

Interestingly enough one of the books "Fertility, cycles, and nutrition" Weighs in on the hypothyroid temp thing as follows:

"I beleive his (Dr. Barnes figures of temps below 97.8 indicating hypo) figures are too high: pre-ovulatory oral basal temps averaging from 97.4 to 97.8 are very common in women with normal cycles and fertility."

Also on the red raspberry leaf thing, I read Susuun Weed to mean that it is good for fertility but not as helpful as other herbs like red clover which is her favorite. But I admit sometimes I find her unclear. From other sources It does help promote good uterine tone and hormone balance, and is recommend for almost all points in a menstruating womans life: pms, during menses, during pregnancy, and perimenopause.

Sierra,
I hope it takes! Good for you for finding people who can be more supportive of your pregnancy. Keep picturing that wonderful little bundle!

Adina,

Woo Hoo! Let's see that Big Fat Obnoxiously Positive this month!
#223 of 224 Old 11-28-2003, 02:50 AM

I'm back everybody

I never saw AF this month, CD 32 and a bfn so I'm coming back to hang here until something happens. I'm sure it's just cycle irregularity dur to the fact that ds is still nursing like crazy.Not too bummed cuz it was only our 1st "real" cycle ttc after ppaf ya know? I was looking forward to that summer bambino though

Moving on.... I don't really know where to go from here so I'm just gonna check for fertility signs and pray for O!!!!

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#224 of 224 Old 11-28-2003, 04:55 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
gonnabeamom - Wouldn't that be loverly!!! That is the plan! I am feeling pretty good about this month. I am sticking with the positive, that there will be more little ones to add to our Thanksgiving next year! Chart is looking pretty good so far.....And I think we covered O well!! And I had a ton of ewcm this month...which is both great and a little unusual...but we took advantage of it.

And I just keep thinking, I can and will get pregnant. I can and will have a baby.

And that is good.

See you all on the 2ww and soon enough on the preggo board!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page