Fall 2008 TTC #1 in our 20's - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 732 Old 09-23-2008, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey girls, look what I get to play with

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o...IMG_3026-1.jpg

Liam's little brother, Evan, and the new one I get to nanny! I am SOOOOOOO excited! :

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#302 of 732 Old 09-23-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
That's important!

Am I the only one who didn't watch Punky Brewster? I mean, I remember it and all, but didn't watch it on any sort of regular basis. Don't remember the robot girl one at all.

Yuck on the shoulder, mrscompgeek! I hope the therapy helps.

Jenifer, are you really almost to the third trimester? Holy heck.
After the end of next week! : And you should be talking missi! Your babe will be coming soon!! OMG!! :

AGH the pregnancy hormones... I should refrain from hitting submit sometimes... but some topics... hmm...

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#303 of 732 Old 09-23-2008, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
Hey girls, look what I get to play with

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o...IMG_3026-1.jpg

Liam's little brother, Evan, and the new one I get to nanny! I am SOOOOOOO excited! :
Aw what a sweetie! Have fun!
#304 of 732 Old 09-23-2008, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

ok so tell me ladies- re-assure me. . . . How likely is it to get pregnant the first cycle trying with irregular cycles? I am 11dpo and have a BFN but know its still early so Im not loosing hope yet. This is our 1st cycle TTC but my cycles are very irregular and never the same... I am on CD35 right now so yeah. . . I am not having symptoms really, my boobs dont hurt and it seems everyone on here who is pregnant has sore boobs.
#305 of 732 Old 09-23-2008, 10:11 PM

Ladies, tell me...what happened to my will power? I just tested...just now...at 10dpo with, like, gazillionth evening urine (vs first morning urine, lol). It was negative, of course.

I actually don't think I've conceived this month anyway. I just feel like my future little one wants to be born in July! So...October's gonna be fun.

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#306 of 732 Old 09-24-2008, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Tested again this morning at 12dpo. . . BFN again Starting to feel down now. How likely is it to get a BFN at 12dpo and still be pregnant? I have the cassette type test from Dollar tree so they are pretty sensitive.
#307 of 732 Old 09-24-2008, 08:53 AM

Mrscompgeek... Even 12 DPO can be early to show up on a test... HCG doesn't start building til AFTER implantation, and implantation can occur anywhere between DPO6-10... and if you build it slow... and didn't implant til DPO10... there may not be enough to show up, kwim?

And I got my positive test on CD 150... so yeah... anything is possible in weird and crazy cycles. hehe

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#308 of 732 Old 09-24-2008, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
Mrscompgeek... Even 12 DPO can be early to show up on a test... HCG doesn't start building til AFTER implantation, and implantation can occur anywhere between DPO6-10... and if you build it slow... and didn't implant til DPO10... there may not be enough to show up, kwim?

And I got my positive test on CD 150... so yeah... anything is possible in weird and crazy cycles. hehe
Thats reassuring! Im not planning to test anymore til saturday which will be 15dpo because dh will be out of town til then and I dont wanna know without him here. . . .
#309 of 732 Old 09-24-2008, 05:23 PM

Hello Ladies... This is my first time posting so forgive me if I don't get it right the first time.
My DH and I have been TTC since 4-08 no luck. We have been using the fertility monitor for the past 3. This month I am hoping we finally timed everything right. I do apparently have very irregular cycles so the monitor has really helped.
I should be about 5 dpo at this point and the tww is killing me! I am enjoying others successes and learning from all you all have said.
#310 of 732 Old 09-24-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feminine_earth View Post
Ladies, tell me...what happened to my will power? I just tested...just now...at 10dpo with, like, gazillionth evening urine (vs first morning urine, lol). It was negative, of course.

I actually don't think I've conceived this month anyway. I just feel like my future little one wants to be born in July! So...October's gonna be fun.
YEAH! i am not the only one! here's to little Crab (sounds better than cancer) baby!

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#311 of 732 Old 09-24-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykbird View Post
YEAH! i am not the only one! here's to little Crab (sounds better than cancer) baby!
Crabs for both of us!

Wait...that doesn't sound right.

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#312 of 732 Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Crabs for both of us!

Wait...that doesn't sound right.
LOL! that seriously made me laugh!

cute crabs! unless you would have a late O in October then you will have a lion in July.

anyway i know there are sure to be a lot of BFPs rolling in but whose excited for October..anyone have any special plans for some bow chica bow wow!

I bought some pumpkin spice candles at Bath and Body works I am banking on those to set the mood

always :
#313 of 732 Old 09-25-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykbird View Post
anyway i know there are sure to be a lot of BFPs rolling in but whose excited for October..anyone have any special plans for some bow chica bow wow!

I bought some pumpkin spice candles at Bath and Body works I am banking on those to set the mood
Fall always puts me in the mood. I *love* cool weather, and it's even cool today...and only September! This is RARE for Florida, but I am lovin it! :

I made these FANTASTIC pumpkin cookies the other day. Holy crap, they were good! My husband and I devoured the whole batch in two days!!

Here is the recipe, if anyone is interested! Yum, yum, YUM!! :

Oh, almost forgot my update, lol. Well, I am 12dpo today, and totally confused. I didn't sleep well last night (we need a new mattress, owie...), and couldn't BREATHE out of my stupid nose because of my STUPID allergies, so since I couldn't breathe OR sleep, I took my temperature at 5am after mouth breathing all night. It was SUPER low! 36.37!! That's my period temperature...so I was like, "Wow, AF is early this month!" Then, I fell back to sleep for another hour, and actually slept, and when I woke up, I took my temp again and it was 36.71.

So yeah...I'm totally confused and I have no idea which temp to use.

#314 of 732 Old 09-25-2008, 10:03 AM

Mouth breathing will make your temp lower... Wait to see what happens tomorrow.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#315 of 732 Old 09-25-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Mouth breathing will make your temp lower... Wait to see what happens tomorrow.
Thank you. I'm not too worried this time...if it happens, it happens...if not, on to October!

I did just find out, though, that we're not getting our raises this year at work due to the economy. Blah! :

#316 of 732 Old 09-25-2008, 03:44 PM

FE- I hear you, dh just found out his raise isn't going to be much and we were really counting on it.

desperatemommytobe and I went to So You Think You Can Dance this week and it was so much fun! At dinner a guy asked her an interesting question, but I'll let her tell you the story.

Here are the girls, there are 3 more people that went with us not in the picture, you can see her cute baby bump (on the far left, I'm in pink)!
http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/IMG_3031.jpg

Me and her
http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/IMG_3034.jpg

The show starting!
http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/IMG_3035.jpg

And we stuck around for 2 hours after and got to meet all the dancers, woo hoo!
http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/IMG_3093.jpg
http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/IMG_3097.jpg

#317 of 732 Old 09-25-2008, 04:07 PM

That's so awesome, notyetamommy! I want to go to a show like that! Oh, is the other blonde girl your sister? Or a twin? You two look identical...and I think you've said you're a twin, but I can't remember!

Anyone on this list in Central Florida?? I want to meet a friend and go to a show! I have no life and no friends around here!

#318 of 732 Old 09-25-2008, 04:09 PM

yep! my identical twin

#319 of 732 Old 09-25-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
yep! my identical twin
notyetamommy mach 2! Is she trying to conceive, too? OMG, could you imagine...two identical twins pregnant at the same time?! That would be so cool!

#320 of 732 Old 09-25-2008, 04:25 PM

Lol, she's not married. She doesn't even have a boyfriend, so no, not ttc. But I can't wait to see who she marries and what all of our kids look like!

#321 of 732 Old 09-25-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Lol, she's not married. =Sshe doesn't even have a boyfriend, so no, not ttc. But I can't wait to see who she marries and what all of our kids look like!
you know that TOTALLY ups your chances of having twins yourself...although some people say it skips a generation so who knows. But either way it's nice to put a face with the names and it looks like you guys had fun! I LOVED this seasons SYTYCD with that one couple that performed that song "bleeding love" they were sooooo awesome...(do you remember that?)

anyway speaking of TV all this GREAT fall tv kicks off and that REALLY puts me in the mood for fall...

always :
#322 of 732 Old 09-25-2008, 09:47 PM

Actually being identical has nothing to do with genetics, it's just a freak of nature. It's fraternal that ups your chances of having twins.

#323 of 732 Old 09-26-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Actually being identical has nothing to do with genetics, it's just a freak of nature. It's fraternal that ups your chances of having twins.
*giggles and points at notyetamommy*

Freak of nature, freak of nature!

Mind, I shouldn't poke fun. I have a skin condition that no one else in my family has, so you'd think it's recessive right? Well no. There's a chance it's a dominant form, meaning that whatever gene it is got mutated somehow. That's right, I am quite possibly a mutant. (Am of course praying that recessive or dominant, I don't pass it on. We shall see!)
#324 of 732 Old 09-26-2008, 03:06 AM

Quote:
That's so awesome, notyetamommy! I want to go to a show like that! Oh, is the other blonde girl your sister? Or a twin? You two look identical...and I think you've said you're a twin, but I can't remember!

Anyone on this list in Central Florida?? I want to meet a friend and go to a show! I have no life and no friends around here!
Up in Pensacola. kinda far.
#325 of 732 Old 09-26-2008, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Im out! I got another BFN today at 14dpo so I am out until the next cycle. Who knows how long that will be since its sometimes 2-3 months before I get AF. : So yeah, depressing day for me. . .
#326 of 732 Old 09-26-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
Mind, I shouldn't poke fun. I have a skin condition that no one else in my family has, so you'd think it's recessive right? Well no. There's a chance it's a dominant form, meaning that whatever gene it is got mutated somehow. That's right, I am quite possibly a mutant. (Am of course praying that recessive or dominant, I don't pass it on. We shall see!)
Can I ask what kind of skin condition you have? I have Linear Morphea (on the back of my right leg). It started on my ankle when I was ten years old, and gradually spread all the way up to the top of my thigh throughout the years. It stopped spreading when I was about 17. Nobody else in my family has it, and it is a very rare condition (like 25 people per million have it, or something). I sometimes worry that my children will get it. It's not that bad on my leg (looks like indented ugly bruises), but I have seen pictures of it on children that horrify me...and if it spreads to one's face, it can cause severe problems with sinuses, bone structure, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingforbaby View Post
Up in Pensacola. kinda far.
Oh man! Yeah, that's pretty far. But, if you're ever in Central Florida for anything, give me a shout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Im out! I got another BFN today at 14dpo so I am out until the next cycle. Who knows how long that will be since its sometimes 2-3 months before I get AF. : So yeah, depressing day for me. . .
I'm sorry, mrscompgeek. I hope you have a quick cycle this time around.

#327 of 732 Old 09-26-2008, 11:59 AM

Mrscompgeek... why do you think you are out if AF has not shown yet?

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#328 of 732 Old 09-26-2008, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Mrscompgeek... why do you think you are out if AF has not shown yet?
Because I dont go by when AF starts again because my cycles are irregular and I go 2-3 months at a time before AF starts again. . .
#329 of 732 Old 09-26-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Because I dont go by when AF starts again because my cycles are irregular and I go 2-3 months at a time before AF starts again. . .
Wait...I am a little confused now (which is easy to do with me, lol!). You mean, you are not expecting your period for a while?

When did you ovulate, and why do you think you ovulated?

If you really did ovulate 14 days ago, then you would be getting your period within the next two days. If AF does not show, then you did not ovulate.

I suspect you may be having anovulatory cycles, but I really can't tell you more unless you are charting.

Have you read TCOYF? If not, I really recommend you read it...borrow it from the library or something. Or, take the free course that Fertility Friend offers here. I recommend the book over the FF course, but the course would at least be a start.

Anything over a 16 day luteal phase usually means pregnancy. Your luteal phase is the time between ovulation and menstruation. The only way (unless you have a cyst or another health condition) that your luteal phase would be longer than 18 days if you are not pregnant is if it's not really your luteal phase to begin with because you never ovulated.

#330 of 732 Old 09-26-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Can I ask what kind of skin condition you have? I have Linear Morphea (on the back of my right leg). It started on my ankle when I was ten years old, and gradually spread all the way up to the top of my thigh throughout the years. It stopped spreading when I was about 17. Nobody else in my family has it, and it is a very rare condition (like 25 people per million have it, or something). I sometimes worry that my children will get it. It's not that bad on my leg (looks like indented ugly bruises), but I have seen pictures of it on children that horrify me...and if it spreads to one's face, it can cause severe problems with sinuses, bone structure, etc.
I've got epidermolysis bullosa. I actually recommend not googling it. It can be *bad* (if I had the most severe form I probably wouldn't be alive now at 28) but I've got quite a mild case of it. Don't know for sure what subtype it is though, because only one place in the States does the genetic testing, and it costs... are you ready for this?... $5500 to find out. That's almost twice what I paid for my car. I'd never heard of Linear Morphea before, I'm very glad it stopped spreading for you!

mrscompgeek, I agree 100% with feminine_earth. And unless you just really don't want to, there's no reason you can't start to temp even though you're in the middle of a cycle. You'll probably still get some good info from it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page