Fall 2008 TTC #1 in our 20's - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-23-2008, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Notyetmommy-, I used to love coke, now the only thing I can drink is either sprite on some days, and apple beer. It's not beer but like an apple soda and it's all natural. I used to love ginger ale but so far I hate it lol. Anyway we should find some classes on hypnobirthing together, what do you think? I emailed that lady but she didn't have any available at the time. Tomorrow I'm going to get a maternity massage with this massage therapist who is also a reiki master. She's supposed to be really good. I'll let you know how that was and if you want I'll pass you her phone #.

Mrscompgeek- I can't blame you I love peanut butter and you gotta do anything to get the taste out right?! BTW I have the hip hop abs and I did it a lot with my friend. We bought it together. Of course we were no pros lol but it was a lot of fun. I think you should do it. As long as you continue having a healthy diet and exercise I think if anything it should put your cycles where they should be. I think that it's people that take it to the extreme like athletes that mess their cycles up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 05:31 PM

Well I'll give a big ole CONGRATS to Lee over here too! :

So... everyone (family, friends, even Dh!) has been saying, "Friday would be good timing, just wait till Friday!"... and then I had to wait on Lee too ... so now Friday is tomorrow, which means my DUE DATE is tomorrow :... and now I'm feeling pressure to have this baby this weekend since it works for so many people's schedules. I have to say, this end of pregnancy waiting thing can be the pits. It's not like we have control over it, so why would someone tell me when it works for them to have this baby?!

ANYWAYS, yeah, note to baby Amber... you can come out now!!!!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 10-23-2008, 05:36 PM

How are you feeling Amber?

I have this thought that the night before your DD is like Christmas Eve... even though it isn't a gaurantee anything will happen on that day... lol Does that make any sense? I guess cause that is the only thing we have to go by...

I don't know if my friend IRL had her baby or not... she was due yesterday and I called her, got voicemail and she hasn't called back... It has been a little tense between us because we vary on views of birthing BIG TIME... like she was begging her doc to induce her last week. That was the last time we spoke...

I suppose I could call her Mom...

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Old 10-23-2008, 07:30 PM

Relatively, I'm feeling pretty good! All my complaints are small, you know, but you add them up and you feel pretty miserable. The worst is all the relaxin hormones have my hips so loose they ache and pop all the time. So it hurts to sleep and it's hard to move around. But really... I'm doing pretty good!

And it is a little bit like xmas eve! I mean, I've been having BH throughout the day, which is a little different for me since normally I only have them when I take a walk or am really active at something, and I can't help but wonder if it'll turn into labor b/c my due date is tomorrow. But really, so few women actually have anything exciting happen on their due date and BH are far from excitement at this point!

As for your friend... if she hasn't had her baby she's probably doing the "I wish everyone would stop calling me to ask if I've had the baby so I'm not answering the phone anymore!" thing. It's amazing how once your due date gets close people start calling you all the time. Even your family! Um, yeah, dearest sister... I really WILL tell you when I have the baby!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
Old 10-24-2008, 10:27 AM

Well, my friend finally texted me back last night at 11:30.. she knows I get up early... wasn't amused, but at least I heard from her.

She hasn't gone into labor yet... they are inducing her Wednesday if she doesn't go before then... she is mad because she wants them to induce her now.

She is only going to be at 41 weeks Wednesday... did they miss the memo that National average for first baby's is 41 weeks and 1 day?

I wonder how they even get a national average on these things anymore with so many people inducing and such.. who really knows when baby would come?

I think that is why she didn't call me back cause she knows I'd be upset and have trouble not spouting the national stat at her.

I'm praying she goes before then. I just have a bad feeling if she gets induced she is going to end up with a c-section or something.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

Old 10-24-2008, 02:06 PM

Amber- I think your baby will come out when h/she is ready to come out. I think particularly close family members should make the time to be there for you when your baby comes. Since mine is due in Feb. my mil already told me that she wont be there if it's during the week. She's a high school teacher. The funny thing is she could take sick days off. She loves to quilt and so she recently took a sick day to go to a quilt party. Dh says that if she's not there then he'll disown her.

Anyway Amber I thought your hips were already doing that since second tri...lol. Well mine are so bad on my right side and the baby is on my pelvis having the time of his life..hehe, but it hurts.

JSMa, sorry about your friend. I don't understand why do they induce so much since the national average is 41 wks and 1 day? I'm having my baby at the hospital but my dr. said that I can have it as natural as possible. The only thing I may want is the epidural if I can't take the pain, plus I'm going to try and dilate at home as much as possible before going to the hospital.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:58 PM

I don't know... I know she has been begging her doc since week 39 to induce her... she is done.

I can understand for medical reasons, but the nebulous "late" at only 41 weeks when technically it isn't "late" til after 42 weeks, it makes no sense to me.

One reassuring thing, is DH said his ex wife's OB kept saying he'd induce her but if the levels and everything was okay he kept reschedulig it... she ended up going into labor on her own, her water bag sprung a leak and she stopped dialting at 2 cm, after waiting all day for it to start back up, that is when they gave her pitocin, and I won't go into the rest of the intervention circle here.

I just keep telling DH that I am praying my experience is far far far different than his ex. For one I have a midiwfe and have been mentally preparing forever... dealing with fibromyalgia pain for most of my life I think will help. : lol I'm not scared about that part.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

Old 10-24-2008, 07:08 PM

How's this for timing?!? My water just broke on my due date! : No contrx yet, so we're just in hang out mode. Hopefully they'll start soon, but my midwives don't induce as long as baby is doing well and I don't get a fever so I'm not on a time frame or anything.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:43 PM

GOOOO amber lion!

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:05 AM

Again, yea for broken water, Amber!!! :

Um, which of you asked about painless labor? I hate to mention it in the same post about Amber maybe being in labor, but I personally thought it all kinda sucked. The contractions, the pushing, all of it except the end result. I was a lot louder and more complainy than I expected to be. I guess I have a low pain tolerance. Still, I'd do it the same all again. This little bugger contentedly sleeping on my lap was SO worth it.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:28 AM

Amber congrats on the broken water ::!

Lee, I asked and I think other people asked as well, anyway I'm just preparing myself here...lol. I had the best massage today by this lady who had her two births naturally, so she gave me a lot of insightful info. I'm glad to hear everything went okay with your labor despite the pain, she's so cute.

JSMa, I'm sure you'll have a great labor and everything will be good. My friend who has three kids and had her three naturally, said that when her water broke on the first kid she only ended up going into labor two days later. Her midwife said she legally couldn't wait, either she'd have to be induced or drink some herbs to get her labor going. She drank the herbs and had a painful labor. She then said the same thing happened to the second child but she decided to wait and not get induced or anything. Then when her labor started two days later, her baby decided to come and her labor was very easy and minimum pain. I'm hoping that's how mine will be too, I mean the minimum pain...

Wow, sorry you have to deal with fibromyalgia I heard it hurts sooo bad.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:07 AM

Yay!! congrats lee she is so beautiful!! Amber we are all waiting anxiously to hear news from you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
Relatively, I'm feeling pretty good! All my complaints are small, you know, but you add them up and you feel pretty miserable. The worst is all the relaxin hormones have my hips so loose they ache and pop all the time. So it hurts to sleep and it's hard to move around. But really... I'm doing pretty good!
Holy cow does this mean it is going to get WORSE? My hips have been achy for a few weeks now! I had to go buy a memory foam mattress topper for our bed (usually I like firm matresses) becuase I would wake up in the morning and my hips would be so sore. And yesterday at work I was wearing my lead (I work around x-rays) and the weight was making my hips feel like they were going to pop out. Holy cow, I mean, are they going to relax so much I will just be a blob of jelly?

SAHM to one sweet little
Old 10-25-2008, 12:56 PM

Amber, I hope you're holding your beautiful baby by now! : :

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

Old 10-26-2008, 03:25 PM

Does this look like a nice prego chart or what? Thing is, I don't feel pregnant. I'm just really sick with a nasty cold, can't breathe, sore throat stuff. I'd be surprised if AF doesn't show up tomorrow, but I normally see the temperate fall 13dpo and it didn't today. I'm headed back to bed as I'm feeling losey but I thought I would share this chart with you guys and we can guess together whether I might be pregnant. Despite the chart, I'm doubtful. But with the chart, I'm getting very curious to see what'll happen tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious&eager View Post
Does this look like a nice prego chart or what? Thing is, I don't feel pregnant. I'm just really sick with a nasty cold, can't breathe, sore throat stuff. I'd be surprised if AF doesn't show up tomorrow, but I normally see the temperate fall 13dpo and it didn't today. I'm headed back to bed as I'm feeling losey but I thought I would share this chart with you guys and we can guess together whether I might be pregnant. Despite the chart, I'm doubtful. But with the chart, I'm getting very curious to see what'll happen tomorrow.
why don't ya test?! i would have like 4 days ago!
you a strong one, aren't ya!

always :
Old 10-26-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykbird View Post
why don't ya test?! i would have like 4 days ago!
you a strong one, aren't ya!
Nope, I'm not supper strong. I just haven't felt prego and being as sick as I have been I hadn't even noticed till like yesterday that my chart was looking so good. Temps could be off if it's a really tiny fever. But, hey. I'm ill enough so I'll probably go to the doctor on Monday as work has already told me not to come in. So as I'm already paying for a doctor's visit and they'll probably want to give me antibiotics, I'll just say, "Hey my period's a tad late and I'm actively trying, why don't you just run a blood test before you hook me and baby up on meds." One free pregnancy test and no squinting at any lines. Other than that, I've been in bed most of today and yesterday and I didn't feel like driving the the dollar store. So, nope, I'm not made of steel.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 PM

I haven't stopped in here in a long time - CONGRATS, LEE! She's so gorgeous! Amber, I'm so excited for you!

My sister's baby was born last Thursday. A little girl, insanely cute. It was a tough experience for me to be there but I got through it. I would feel a lot better if I weren't once again anovulatory. Ugh
Old 10-27-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
I haven't stopped in here in a long time - CONGRATS, LEE! She's so gorgeous! Amber, I'm so excited for you!

My sister's baby was born last Thursday. A little girl, insanely cute. It was a tough experience for me to be there but I got through it. I would feel a lot better if I weren't once again anovulatory. Ugh
word sister. I can see how that would be EXTREMELY HARD. My sister has already had 4 of her own children, and here me and my dh are trying to make one....hang in there sister, and just know that you are not alone.

always :
Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 AM

Curious&Eager :

Woodland & Sunnykbird it took me a long time to conceive but I'm living proof that it does happen. Hang in there.

Amber, I too hope you're holding your baby :

Steedalyn, I bought one of those back support and they have been a lifesaver on my lower back and hips.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:39 AM

For those of you who do not stalk the Oct. DDC...

CONGRATULATIONS AMBER!!!!!!!

: : : : :

Curious&Eager... I would totally test... your chart is looking very good.

s Alice... I thought your sis may have had her baby recently. You are strong and it will happen for you too, sweetie.

So Amber and Lee have their little ones in their arms... that makes me next... just wow... I can't wait! lol

Student, Aspiring CNM 

Old 10-27-2008, 10:56 AM

Ok, so I would like to take a HPT today, but I missed out on the FMU. What are the chances of a dollar store test working without FMU? Temp is still up and AF is hiding.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:27 AM

Some instructions say if you can't use FMU, then make sure it has been at least 3 hours since last urine... gives it some time to build up again.

GOOD LUCK!!

Student, Aspiring CNM 

Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Hey ladies!!
Congrats to Amberlion!!! :::

Im on my way to town today, just had to post this real quick.
I ordered a Mei Tai online to use for the little girl I babysit, plus her mom is pregnant and due in a month so I will use it for the baby soon and eventually for my own baby. I got it in the mail saturday and today I was trying it on and my dog kept jumping on me so I put him in it and he just sat in it as I walked around the house. . . .Lol

Mei Tai
Old 10-27-2008, 07:04 PM

Oh Amber CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:::
I can't wait to hear from you!!!

JSMa, Yeah next time is you!!!

Mrscompgeek, I was just reading the posts but your picture with your dog is so cute. That Mei Tai will sure come in handy.

Curious&eager :
Old 10-28-2008, 10:53 AM

Another birth! : My friend had her baby this morning at 5:52am.

I get to go see newborns after work at the hospital!! So excited!

Student, Aspiring CNM 

Old 10-28-2008, 02:36 PM

By the way, it was a BFP! I tested in the afternoon yesterday right before going to the doctor because I read that a blood test can take a couple days to come back. I had to know to avoid the doctor doing a chest x-ray. It turns out I have walking pneumonia. So I can't help you guys with pregnancy symptoms as I was too sick with the pneumonia stuff to notice. I did notice that I was incredibly hungry for being as ill as I was. And I was surprised to see that I lost two pounds eating so much and laying in bed all day. I guess the baby is going to be a eater like me. I did throw up last night because apparently my body wanted an after dinner meal and I forgot to eat and went to bed instead. Good news is I have a week off work to relax and get better. It gives me plenty of time to tell everyone and to think about the fact that I'm pregnant. I really had no idea that this was the month. Cool though!
Old 10-28-2008, 02:42 PM

Oh, I forgot the pic. Check this one out! I made the red a tad redder, but not too much. It was a definite positive that showed up in less than one minute without even FMU although I did hold it in did not drink for four hours. Now I wish I knew other people needing tests, because the dollar tree is great. Walmart's was $4 but $1 is awesome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31844538@N03/2981101925/
Old 10-28-2008, 02:44 PM

Congrats! Does that put you at early July?

Mrscomp- mei tais are the best! I love love love mine for when the boys were/are little. That's a cute little dog!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

Old 10-28-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
Well, congratulations, Aunt! I'm very sorry your cycles are messing with you again though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Ok, that is absolutely adorable. My dogs would never have put up with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious&eager View Post
By the way, it was a BFP!
Oh, yea!! CONGRATS!!! ::::: :
Old 10-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
Congrats! Does that put you at early July?
Yep. I believe July 6, 2009. Too bad I can't join you in the June due date club.
I'm not feeling well enough to visit my Obgyn to confirm. I wonder if they find me annoying. I'll walk in and say...

"My last menstrual cycle was 9/26/08. I ovulated on 10/13/08. Implantation occurred on 10/20/08 and I'm due on 7/6/09."

Does that take away part of their fun?

User Tag List