Fall 2008 TTC #1 in our 20's - Page 25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#721 of 732 Old 11-24-2008, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just lurking : of late... but I am checking in on all of you and keeping my :!

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#722 of 732 Old 11-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Hey girls, I am lurking too. I am sorry to hear about your not O'ing When I went off BC and started using NFP the instructors said it can take a year for your cycles to come back to normal after stopping the pill. Don't give up hope! and mine definitely weren't normal for about a year and a half even though I was ovulating. I would have really long ones interspersed with more normalish ones. Don't feel alone. We are here still but just not very talkative it seems.

SAHM to one sweet little
#723 of 732 Old 11-24-2008, 02:52 PM

How is it going Lauren and Shannon? Lauren did your doc get back to you yet? Shannon how many days left on the provera?

I was ready for labor... then some craziness happened for my family this weekend and I am pretty jaded. I may not have my Mom as my main support person and I need to wrap my head around that and start building my confidence in doing this without a woman support person. I will have my DH which I am sure will be a tremendous help... but for some reason I freaked myself out and really felt like I needed a woman who has BTDT too as a support person...

So yeah, that is where my head is. lol Trying to get more mentally prepared and confident in my ability to do this.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#724 of 732 Old 11-24-2008, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

I just started the Provera today
#725 of 732 Old 11-24-2008, 02:56 PM

Hi guys just lurking as well :

Mrscomp and Lauren, sorry to hear about your problems. I've heard of soy isoflavens to help jumpstart ovulation. I thought about doing it but my problem wasn't ovulation. I'd have very long cycles like you and sometimes during the cycle I'd develop a weird rash. Anyway on top of that I had endometriosis. Anyway sending my for you girls. I'm keeping my : for you both. Mrscomp I hope the provera helps.

JSMa, I'm sorry to hear that. Ikwym, it's nice to have a woman there that we know who's been through it. I'm kind of going through the same thing here because my dad may have a better job offer in California meaning that if he accepts it they'll have to move. I want the best for them but at the same time I hope they stay.
#726 of 732 Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 PM

Hi everyone! I just wanted to check back in on everyone here. I know I didn't post here much but I wanted to drop back in and give best wishes to everyone. My stay was short but I appreciate the support I got in this thread! I hope the Provera helps your cycle get back on track, Mrscompgeek.
I am 9+ weeks along and feeling OK (not great). I got to hear the heartbeat today at my first prenatal visit, wow! It was really exciting. Hope this encourages you that yes, people do "graduate" from TTC.

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!
#727 of 732 Old 11-27-2008, 12:38 PM

Happy Thanksgiving ladies!
Mrscomp- did you O? It looks like you might have!

SAHM to one sweet little
#728 of 732 Old 11-27-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
I will have my DH which I am sure will be a tremendous help... but for some reason I freaked myself out and really felt like I needed a woman who has BTDT too as a support person...
If you really feel this way, please consider hiring a doula. My doula was INVALUABLE to both me and to Dh - especially to Dh, she helped him be the best support he could be. It's not too late to establish a relationship with a doula and if $ is a problem here is a link to a site that has doulas willing to work for very little or free. Even my doula, who is incredibly experienced, is willing to work for free if the Momma really needs her. My support people were absolutely the most important aspect of my having the natural birth I wanted.

Sorry I've been MIA... having a newborn is time consuming! I still get to check in every once in a while though and come see how you ladies are doing.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#729 of 732 Old 11-28-2008, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steedalyn View Post
Happy Thanksgiving ladies!
Mrscomp- did you O? It looks like you might have!
I dont think I O'd. I started Provera and I think its causing my temps to jump. My temps now are a lot higher than last cycle. . . .
#730 of 732 Old 11-30-2008, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Tomorrow is December 1st so I think its time we get a new Winter thread going for this. . . .Anyone want to take on and start a Winter 08/09 TTC #1 in our 20s thread??
#731 of 732 Old 12-01-2008, 02:35 PM

Mrscomp I think that's a great idea! Did you ovulate?! It looks like you did, I hope so! :

So how was everyone's thanksgiving? I'm so excited because I found a doula! I'm just scared about how labor is going to be, I know sounds awful, I want to have the natural birth so baaaad, but now I'm having doubts. I know it's a mind thing, okay so from now on only positive thinking....
#732 of 732 Old 12-01-2008, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

I started the winter thread since nobody else wanted to . . . Here it is !! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page