Fall 2008 TTC #1 in our 20's - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-28-2008, 12:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alice- it looks like you O'd, yay!

Curious- looking good, your temps are still up!

sunnybird- yay for AF! Hope they're normal from now on!

FE-

mrscomp- I know what you mean, I gained 20lbs after getting married (and I'm only 5'3") and I managed to lose it by eating super healthy and working out on the elliptical for an hour at a time, several times a week. Pilates should also help, what kind of exercise are you doing now? Supposedly, cardio is the best way to get rid of a tummy. The biggest thing in diet that I noticed, was not eating ANY hydrogenated oils at all. Zero. Even if something says it's trans fat free, it can still have hydrogenated oils and I just avoided all that. GL!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
mrscomp- I know what you mean, I gained 20lbs after getting married (and I'm only 5'3") and I managed to lose it by eating super healthy and working out on the elliptical for an hour at a time, several times a week. Pilates should also help, what kind of exercise are you doing now? Supposedly, cardio is the best way to get rid of a tummy. The biggest thing in diet that I noticed, was not eating ANY hydrogenated oils at all. Zero. Even if something says it's trans fat free, it can still have hydrogenated oils and I just avoided all that. GL!
I am 5'3 too and gained 30 pounds! So Im sure you understand how I feel!! lol. I am currently going walking/jogging in the evenings with my husband and I also have a gazelle machine that I use for 15 minutes a day. I am just now starting back in on exercising though since I broke my toe a few weeks ago and havent been able to do much on it til now. What is cardio?? I have some exercise videos should I be using those too? Can I keep Jogging/gazelle after I get pregnant ?
Old 08-28-2008, 11:48 AM

I'm sorry feminine_earth

Well it looks like I o'd, but we only DTD two days beforehand, and it was drunken me-on-top sex, so I don't know if we've got much of a chance this cycle : The day I o'd was the day we drove 3 hours to IKEA (and got the wrong color bookcase... we have to go back next week - ugh!) so there was definitely no baby making time that day!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:28 PM

mrscomp- i'm not a fitness person, but I think cardio is anything that gets your heart rate up to it's "zone" for at least 30 minutes. I just found this random site that talks about it and how to find your zone http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercis...ardio-exercise I found that the 1st 30 minutes were hard, then it got easier and I felt like I could go all day, and I HATE exercising (especially running, but I didn't mind the elliptical)! I'm guessing you can keep doing those things after you get pregnant, I've seen huge pregnant women jogging! But I could still ask your midwife/doc once you are pregnant. Also, I really like fitpregnancy magazine, it's awesome and really crunchy as far as mags go. I've already subscribed since I figure it's a year and you're only pregnant for 9 months, and it takes 6-8 weeks to get the first one anyway.

Alice- that stinks, but I wouldn't give up hope yet. Plus, it looks like your cycle is becoming more normal. With fertile cm sperm could definitely be hanging out for 2 days. :

Old 08-28-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
Well it looks like I o'd, but we only DTD two days beforehand, and it was drunken me-on-top sex, so I don't know if we've got much of a chance this cycle : The day I o'd was the day we drove 3 hours to IKEA (and got the wrong color bookcase... we have to go back next week - ugh!) so there was definitely no baby making time that day!
I know they say that man on top is "better" for baby-makin' sex, but woman on top can work just fine too.

*whistles innocently*

FE, so sorry.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:16 PM

F_E

Woodland- That's true, it's better for men to be on top whe dtd for a baby but woman on top works too. I wouldn't give up hope yet.

For all you guys talking about cardio, that was mentioned in my ddc. A lot of women there are jogging going to gyms and working out. Once you get really big they say that it's just a matter of being uncomfortable. I'd still check with your doctors/mws. I checked with mine who said that I could even do crunches to help with my lower back but no sit ups. He said that's the only thing he's against. I heard that even a walk everyday helps to get your heartrate going. Anyway I'm gonna take my own advice lol and exercise especially because I'm feeling so much better. I'm just sitting here at work really really bored.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:33 PM

Alice! You O'ed! :

And I wouldn't worry about position... *whistles innocently*

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Old 08-28-2008, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
I gained 30 pounds while on BC and it all went to my belly. So I right now look 3 months pregnant.

Im afraid I will be big as a barn once I add pregnancy weight on. Anyone else here struggling with that?
I have sugar issues and I have the "diabetic belly" where I carry ALL my weight on my belly.

I've come to embrace my belly! that and when you start to lose weight it will come off from all over and you will look generally better. I wouldn't think too hard about the belly.

I wouldn't worry about it being too big when you are PG either, I know what you mean by wanting a flat belly before you get PG, that way you can see it grow and be cute. It will be cute either way!

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

Old 08-28-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Alice. We had the same problem, but opposite. Dh is loving all the bd we do now, because the pill totally murdered my drive, and I want a baby darn it! It sucks for me too.

: FE!

BBG- that's great news!

mrscompgeek- for a few months before ttc I started taking a prenatal, milk thistle, b6, epo (since i have a problem with cm), calcium, clo, and rrl tea occasionally.

As for me, it's day 21 and I STILL haven't ovulated. Steedalyn- I think I remember you not ovulating until really late after your m/c right? I guess that's happening to me too. Ugh.

I did, you can probably still see my chart in my sig, I O'd this last time on day 23 of my cycle. And the first O after the m/c was delayed as well.

I haven't been around much because I have been feeling like :Puke all the time lately. I hope that means there is a healthy little kid in there because I certainly don't feel good. I am going for an early u/s tomorrow so I will let you know how that goes. Ok I need to continue my quest to find the perfect food that will both taste good and make my nausea go away.

SAHM to one sweet little
Old 08-28-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steedalyn View Post

I haven't been around much because I have been feeling like :Puke all the time lately. I hope that means there is a healthy little kid in there because I certainly don't feel good. I am going for an early u/s tomorrow so I will let you know how that goes. Ok I need to continue my quest to find the perfect food that will both taste good and make my nausea go away.

Steedalyn- Ikwym, for a while I was exactly like you, nauseas all the time. Now that I'm 16wks I feel a lot better and before you know it you'll be too. I had friends tell me that when they entered the 2nd trimester everything was a lot better. Of course I still have the metallic taste in my mouth all the time.
Good luck finding that food and let me know when you do...lol. Oh I sucked on ice and jolly ranchers like crazy.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:14 AM

So, Lee and Jenifer, are you guys telling me you got pregnant that way? That would help me feel a little more optimistic...
Old 08-29-2008, 11:27 AM

Aye, I most certainly did. hehe I like top. And we dtd two days before O too.

You just never know.. after all the stuff we tried... it happened after we had the talk to back burner it and I turned to provera... little did I know then that there was already a little babe growing in there when we had the talk to back burner it for a little bit. lol weird...

And for you gals worried about belly weight... I was really bumming because I was overweight too, and certainly didn't have a flat tummy when I got pregnant. But beleive me there is a big difference in my belly that everyone can see now... it looks pregnant. So you will look beautifully pregnant! *nods* I promise.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Old 08-29-2008, 01:10 PM

Yup Alice, sure did. Now, I know this isn't an exact science, but I suspect that ovulation occured early that morning and I know the, ahem, marriage act occured late that evening. On my *one* day of fertile fluid. Now, while of course that doesn't guarantee it'll happen that way for everyone, it does show (anecdotally) that it *can* happen.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:41 PM

It happened for us. After trying to do everything including the deed the way they say to do we got tired and just decided to have fun and that's when it happened
Old 08-30-2008, 12:55 AM

Steedalyn- hope you feel better soon...

I have to agree with the pp. Girl on top isn't going to count you out completely. I have a friend that concieved while on top and her hubbie pulled out! So, never say never!

Does anyone know when I should start OPK? My last cycle was 33 days, before that 35, before that usually 28-ish. And is it normal to have a pretty long LP? I think my last one was about 18 days or so.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:11 AM

I am starting to fell really sad... like I will never O....

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Old 08-30-2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Any other moms here struggling with a "chubby tummy"? I gained 30 pounds while on BC and it all went to my belly. So I right now look 3 months pregnant. (in fact grandma started telling people I am pregnant when she saw me!) It is a struggle with me because I want to start out pregnant with a somewhat flat stomache but I have been exercising/watching what I eat since I went off the pill in may and I can seem to shake the tummy. Im afraid I will be big as a barn once I add pregnancy weight on. Anyone else here struggling with that?
I hear you there... when I went on depo it was April.... In July I got married... I needed my dress let out 2 inches!!!!! I spent more on alterations then he dress!

Now to fix two years of damage!:
Old 08-30-2008, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

I feel for ya Lauren!! Hope you get AF soon!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

So while we are waiting for how about we share some baby names while we wait. I have some but am always looking for new names.
Here are the ones that dh and I BOTH like . . I have a ton more but well you know how that goes. :

Girls~
Kiannah Grace
Lily Briann
Madalyn Brooke

Boys~
Ian Rayne
Bryce David
Rylan Kade
Old 08-30-2008, 11:47 AM

Oooo! I love sharing baby names!! My husband I talk about this all the time. He has a Russian background, so we want to use Russian or Slavic names. They sound best with our last name.

Girls:
Sabine
Blythe
Oksana

Boys:
Gavrie
Kolya
Milos

We're really hoping to use one of these soon!! :
Old 08-30-2008, 12:19 PM

steedalyn- thanks, hope you feel better soon!

merrysash- I don't think it's normal to have an LP of 18 days, just because most people say that 18 days of high temps is pretty much a sure sign of pregnancy. But there is no way for me to tell when I O'd based on cm, so maybe it's that way for you too, and you'll figure it out now that you temp.

Lauren31- and : for you. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

Names, I love names! If only dh and I could agree!

I love so many L girl names- Lily, Liliana, Lilah, Lydia, Layla. The only name dh and I can agree on, is Lydia. We also loved Isabella w/ nn Ella, by my sister just named her baby Ella, and before that we both Loved Tessa (still my fave), and my other sister named her baby Tessa. Lol, we all have such similar taste in names! We'll use my family names for middle names, so Michelle, Nicole, Elizabeth, Kristine, Lena (or some form of that).

For Boys, it's even worse. We'll agree on a name for a little while, but dh changes his mind so often it drives me crazy! Right now it's kind of Lincoln but that's pretty popular where we live. I also love Jack, but hate it's popularity. Dh wants to name the kid Moses or Otto. See what I have to work with? For middle names, family again, so Warner or Michael.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 PM

merrysash, I'm jealous. I love Russian names, but we're Irish/Scottish. There are good names in our background too, but many of them are very popular right now.

Ours as of right now are:

Girls:

Fiona Sparrow
Geneveive Aurora
Thora Camille or Thora Juliet

Boys:

Kai Sparrow
Cael Elias
Kyan Atticus (I originally wanted 'Liam Atticus' but Liam has exploded in popularity lately!)
Old 08-30-2008, 12:25 PM

notyetamommy, I *love* Lydia, but when I suggested it my DH said he thought of it as an old lady name and my mom said, 'Oh, no!' lol - so I guess that's out for us!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:33 PM

Lol, thanks! DH's sister was telling me about names she didn't like when they were naming their dd, and Lydia was one of them (she didn't know we liked it)! We don't plan on telling anyone our final name choices once a baby is on the way, partly because we don't want negative comments, and partly because we might change our minds once we see the kid.

ETA- Oh, and I love Genevieve and Kyan, and mrscomp, I love Kiannah and Ian!

Merry- L's dad's fam is from the Ukraine, so they wanted names like that if they had a daughter, but not their son (their last name is really hard and long and if I told you what it was and you googled it, only their family would come up, so they give their kids easy names!). The dad's middle name is Volodar, and the uncle's is Melety.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
ETA- Oh, and I love Genevieve and Kyan, and mrscomp, I love Kiannah and Ian!
Thanks! We actually had picked out the name Brycen for a boy before we were even married but since we got married we have made friends with a sweet couple who have a 3 year old boy, yep his name is Brycen! Lol So that ones out.

Quote:
notyetamommy, I *love* Lydia, but when I suggested it my DH said he thought of it as an old lady name and my mom said, 'Oh, no!' lol - so I guess that's out for us!
I wouldnt consider Lydia a old lady name. There is a little girl at our church who is 5 and her name is Lydia. She is adorable!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Girls:

Fiona Sparrow
Geneveive Aurora
Thora Camille or Thora Juliet

Boys:

Kai Sparrow
Cael Elias
Kyan Atticus (I originally wanted 'Liam Atticus' but Liam has exploded in popularity lately!)
Oh, I love those!! I have a niece named Fiona and her brother is Liam. Good strong Irish names.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
steedalyn- thanks, hope you feel better soon!
Dh wants to name the kid Moses or Otto.
Oh, I hear you on that one!! My DH loves the name Eugene!! Eugene?!? As for the LP...we'll just have to wait and see I guess. My last cycle was 32 days and I'm pretty sure I o'ed around day 13 or 14. But I wasn't charting so I'm not positive.

I'm glad most here like Russian names. Most people I tell our names to look at me like I've grown another head.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:18 PM

I have a question for you guy- Can you have low progesterone if you have a normal length LP? I'm think of getting some blood work when I'm maybe 10-12 dpo, and having a few things checked. I want to see if I'm immune to chickenpox and rubella (since the boys are getting their 18 month shots soon and they can shed, I'd like to know), check my iron levels, check progesterone, and that's all I can think of right now (oh yeah, and maybe a pregnancy test if I get to that point ). Is there anything else I should have them check since they'll be taking blood anyway?

Old 08-30-2008, 03:25 PM

notyet, I wish I knew. I'm sure your doctor's office has a bog-standard list of things they check for, maybe call and ask them ahead of time?

All y'all have picked out some great names. As for us, our child is due in 6 (?!??!) weeks, and we're CLUELESS. The husbandperson wants Eowyn for a girl, and I haven't *quite* agreed yet - poor child will be pronouncing and spelling her name her entire life. He also keeps coming up with different suggestions for boy's names, when I thought we'd decided on Samuel ages ago. Sigh.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Elias
Ooh, I really like this one. DH does too, but he likes Matthias better. Can't use both; too rhyme-ey.

I also like Adelaide, Eliza, Naomi, Gideon, Silas, and Ezra.

Haven't done the matching w/ middle names yet!

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!

User Tag List