Fall 2008 TTC #1 in our 20's - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-04-2008, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, if you read my post up farther you can see that I wasnt sure if I ovulated or not or when I did. . . Anyways- I felt kinda crampy today, just slightly, not extreme and had tinge of blood when I wiped after using the bathroom just now. What does that mean? This is my first period after going off BC so could it be from that or do you have slight blood from implantation? If I have already o vulated it would have been on Saturday. . So 5 days ago?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
ooo! Andrea you are in second tri! How does it feel?
Holy crap. Second trimester already?! Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Ok, if you read my post up farther you can see that I wasnt sure if I ovulated or not or when I did. . . Anyways- I felt kinda crampy today, just slightly, not extreme and had tinge of blood when I wiped after using the bathroom just now. What does that mean? This is my first period after going off BC so could it be from that or do you have slight blood from implantation? If I have already o vulated it would have been on Saturday. . So 5 days ago?
Aw man. I wish I could help you out here, but I'm clueless. I *think* that 5 DPO is a little early for implantation, but I won't swear to that. Are you keeping a chart online anywhere we could look at?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:36 AM

mrscomp- If it's your first period, than anything could happen. And I've heard women swear they implanted at 5 dpo, so And yes, spotting can be a sign of implantation. Sorry I'm not more help, GL!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
mrscomp- If it's your first period, than anything could happen. And I've heard women swear they implanted at 5 dpo, so And yes, spotting can be a sign of implantation. Sorry I'm not more help, GL!
Ok thanks! I know anything can happen right now, Its really a weird cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post

Aw man. I wish I could help you out here, but I'm clueless. I *think* that 5 DPO is a little early for implantation, but I won't swear to that. Are you keeping a chart online anywhere we could look at?
I dont have a chart, Im not doing the temp. I am just checking for ovulation with test strips and the darkest line I have had yet was saturday but it still wasnt as dark as the control line, BUT i also realized after I took it that I was supposed to dip it in urine 10 seconds and I only did 5 so I am wondering if that is why it didnt get dark and Maybe I really was ovulating?
As far as the blood spotting, I havent had anymore since the slight tint on the toilet paper.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I dont have a chart, Im not doing the temp. I am just checking for ovulation with test strips and the darkest line I have had yet was saturday but it still wasnt as dark as the control line, BUT i also realized after I took it that I was supposed to dip it in urine 10 seconds and I only did 5 so I am wondering if that is why it didnt get dark and Maybe I really was ovulating?
As far as the blood spotting, I havent had anymore since the slight tint on the toilet paper.
My mind was obviously turned off last night, I completely forgot your question was OPK related. I have absolutely no experience with those, maybe someone else can jump in with a real answer... only thing I've really read about them (in TCOYF, I think) was that they can only tell you you're getting ready to ovulate, not confirm that you have. Mind, the dipping for half-time could very well be the difference between almost positive and definitely positive. Do you still have the box? Maybe call the manufacturer and see if they can tell you for sure?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Ok more slight blood on toilet paper this morning. Only today it was brown. Yesterday it was light pink just a tinge and today there was a small amount of brown. ? ? ?

*EDIT* another thing I forgot to add is I have been peeing every 20 minutes all morning and that is very unusual for me. I havent been drinking that much today either, just 2 - 16 oz glasses ??
Old 09-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Ok more slight blood on toilet paper this morning. Only today it was brown. Yesterday it was light pink just a tinge and today there was a small amount of brown. ? ? ?

*EDIT* another thing I forgot to add is I have been peeing every 20 minutes all morning and that is very unusual for me. I havent been drinking that much today either, just 2 - 16 oz glasses ??

Sounds very promising to me! :

Who's going to be our first mama, Lee or Amber? It's almost time! :

I've been feeling so much better, thank you. Except for an out of nowhere tooth infection this week. I haven't had so much as a cavity in 4 years, good check up 5 months ago, and now this. Apparently being pregnant makes everything more vascularizied and the hormones screw with your gums and you're more likely to get dental problems. So I'm annoyed and upset because I've been working so hard with my diet the past three months and haven't had caffeine, artificial sweetners, nitrates or any of that. Now I'm getting shot up with x-rays (it was the safer digital ones at least), have a fever, and taking antibiotics and tylenol (which does NOTHING for pain). Hopefully the infection won't come back at least until the baby is born and I won't need any work done while pregnant. OK, pity party over.

mom to DD 3/09
Old 09-05-2008, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post
Sounds very promising to me! :

Who's going to be our first mama, Lee or Amber? It's almost time! :

I've been feeling so much better, thank you. Except for an out of nowhere tooth infection this week. I haven't had so much as a cavity in 4 years, good check up 5 months ago, and now this. Apparently being pregnant makes everything more vascularizied and the hormones screw with your gums and you're more likely to get dental problems. So I'm annoyed and upset because I've been working so hard with my diet the past three months and haven't had caffeine, artificial sweetners, nitrates or any of that. Now I'm getting shot up with x-rays (it was the safer digital ones at least), have a fever, and taking antibiotics and tylenol (which does NOTHING for pain). Hopefully the infection won't come back at least until the baby is born and I won't need any work done while pregnant. OK, pity party over.
Oh thats too bad! Hope you feel better soon! I have had a lot of dental problems, had a root canal done. . .etc. So I know how it feels!

I am hoping this is the real thing! I am only 6 dpo so you think the symptoms can happen already? But then again my cycles have never been regular so why should anything else I do follow any rules? Lol . . .
Old 09-05-2008, 05:46 PM

Funny that you're talking about dental stuff. I'm in dental hygiene school and it's been so intense the past week. I'm super stressed out, and it's effecting my sleeping cycle- which effects my temps!! Every other day my temps have spiked....I don't understand. :
Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 PM

So who are we stalking right now? I'm too lazy to go back and look through all the posts from the past few days
Old 09-05-2008, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
So who are we stalking right now? I'm too lazy to go back and look through all the posts from the past few days
we're stalking YOU mama! You look like you're about to get that BFP and come play in the may DDC!

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

Old 09-05-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriket View Post
we're stalking YOU mama! You look like you're about to get that BFP and come play in the may DDC!
I wish. I just don't think I'm pregnant... but thanks for the vote of confidence!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

Ok new symptoms mamas. So tell me honestly am I just wishing I was pregnant and causing symptoms or am I really showing signs of pregnancy?
Symptoms so far:
~Peeing every 20 minutes or so
~yesterday and today slight brown spotting when I wipe
~Slight cramping
~Nausea tonight, now I ate some pizza earlier this evening so it maybe from that but I dunno
~ Coldness, I have felt cold deep in my bones. I have been wrapped in a blanket all day today and still felt cold.
~Fatigue, I have felt soo tired yesterday and today. Like tonight I fell asleep on a 30 minute drive (dh was driving, lol) and I never do.

I *think* I am at 7dpo today.
Any opinions out there??
Old 09-06-2008, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
I wish. I just don't think I'm pregnant... but thanks for the vote of confidence!
somebody was hoping for a girl huh?
too cute!
if you are...I think that is what you will get- a little girl!

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:35 AM

Andrea- that sucks! I hope you feel better soon! My friend found out she was pregnant because she went to the dentist and he said that her gums were swollen, and he wasn't going to do any work until she went home and took a pregnancy test. It was positive, lol!

mrscomp- don't want to get your hopes totally up, but a lot of us will have a lot of "symptoms" that convince us we are pregnant, and then AF shows up right on time. I've often heard of people saying that one month they had tons of symptoms and they weren't pregnant, then the next month they had no symptoms and were pregnant. That doesn't mean anything for you though, it could be the real thing! Hope it is! :

Old 09-06-2008, 11:04 AM

Well uh, my temp's up... I took an internet cheapy test this morning (that I found in the back of the cabinet!) and honestly my DH and I stared at it forever and as far as we're concerned it's inconclusive DH said 'it seems like there's something there, but it might be imaginary'. So I'm just going to have to wait until tomorrow (threw out my pee, oops). I have 2 digitals left.

ETA: I'm starting to feel those period cramps again... :
Old 09-06-2008, 11:33 AM

Never mind! It was a freaking ovulation test. So it doesn't mean anything at all! : Whoops. It was loose in the cabinet and I forgot which color was which (apparently, the green ones are OPKs).
Old 09-06-2008, 01:47 PM

Sorry Alice, but that was really funny. Yay that your temps are going up! Good to know that you aren't ovulating right now though
And cramps are normal, my sister said she couldn't tell the difference between her AF symptoms and her pregnancy symptoms both times. GL! :

My temps, on the other hand, are down down down. And my sore boobs went away, so I'm pretty sure AF will be here this weekend. I have a doc appt next week to meet her, so at 7 dpo I can have my prog checked. I have to take the babies with me, so I picked a place that walking distance, but should be fun with 2 one year olds, huh? Hopefully my next cycle will be a little more normal and I'll ovulate on time. Come on June baby!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:02 PM

notyetamommy, I hope AF stays away!

Yeah, it's a good thing I haven't let myself get my hopes up this cycle, or that would have reeeeally bothered me this morning. Stupid OPK! But if you're pregnant, don't OPKs usually come up positive? Either way I am thinking , though I can't explain the high temp this morning.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:05 AM

I think this thread keeps slipping because so many of our participants have graduated. That makes it a good luck thread, but I miss you ladies!

April, come back!
Old 09-07-2008, 02:08 AM

I know I miss April too, and I wonder how HMB is doing?

I think Lee is going to be the first one to have her baby. Either way it's so cool that there's a couple mamas ready to have their newborns already.

Mrscomp- It's hard to tell the difference between preg. symptoms and af symptoms, so I hope your symptoms are pregnancy symptoms.

Woodland- Sorry about that but at least your temps are still up, who knows you could be next...:

As for me I may have to quit my job earlier than I thought. I'm having the worst carpal tunnel in the whole world. It's also in my left hand which is the one I use. My hand goes numb and the pain shoots up all the way to my shoulder. They say massage helps but I'm not sure how being that as far as I know it's the nerve that's causing the problem and not the muscle. Oh but the newest thing my gums have also started bleeding. I've never had problems with them before but if I had to choose between bleeding gums and carpal tunnel I'd choose bleeding gums all the way. Anyway I'll stop my pity party .

I hope you all are having a good weekend.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:35 AM

I wish I had more to offer but nope... nothing is going on with me, whatsoever.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Old 09-07-2008, 12:23 PM

Lauren have you seen a doctor yet?
Old 09-07-2008, 01:43 PM

Lauren I'm sorry nothing is happening!

Saw your bfn Alice, to you too.

AF showed up this morning, but since I've been expecting her for 2 days now (yay charting!) I'm not as disappointed. If we conceive the next cycle, the baby will be due right around dh's birthday, so that would be fun.

April- where are you? How is school going?

Old 09-07-2008, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, now I really am beginning to think I am pregnant. I am pretty sure I ovulated last saturday so I am 8dpo today. Since Friday night I have had waves of nausea, nothing too strong but I def know they are there, Ive lost my appetite, slight cramps in the lower back. I have never had these symptoms with AF so thats what makes me believe its more than that. I am waiting to test til tuesday because 1) I ordered test online and dont have them yet and 2) I will be 10dpo and should see something right?? Is nausea normal at 2 weeks?? ? ? This early?

notyetamommy- Sorry about AF! Hopefully next cycle
Old 09-07-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post
Except for an out of nowhere tooth infection this week.
Yuck yuck yuck! Are you feeling any better yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatemommytobe View Post
I know I miss April too, and I wonder how HMB is doing?
Me too! I think April said they were going to take a break this month, maybe get some tests run. Not sure about HMB though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatemommytobe
I think Lee is going to be the first one to have her baby. Either way it's so cool that there's a couple mamas ready to have their newborns already.
Ooooh, I hope it's me! (No offence to Amber, of course. I'm just due a few weeks earlier is all, and really hope to not go TOO late. )

My gums have been bleeding too. Oh, and I get nose bleeds real easily as well. Side 'perk' of having extra blood volume, yea! Hope your carpal tunnel gets better. That sounds absolutely miserable to deal with at work.

Quote:
2) I will be 10dpo and should see something right?? Is nausea normal at 2 weeks?? ? ? This early?
There's a chart floating out there on the internets somewhere about what percentage of pregnant women get positives at what day past ovulation. 10 is pretty early, and I think the percentage is low, but it is indeed possible. We'll keep our : for you!
Old 09-07-2008, 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=lee1203;12124222]

There's a chart floating out there on the internets somewhere about what percentage of pregnant women get positives at what day past ovulation. 10 is pretty early, and I think the percentage is low, but it is indeed possible. QUOTE]

Oohhhhh!! Very interesting! Do you have any idea where I might be able to search for that??? Do you have any recollection of where you saw it?

Would love to get my hands on that bad boy!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:43 PM

Oh blimey, Laurie. Don't go making me think! I saw it linked somewhere on here, actually, but I'll be darned if I can remember where.

This looks like it has some pretty good info though!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 PM

Hi Everyone!

I've been super busy with work and working out/Weight Watchers, I'm so glad that I found you all again.

It looks like we will be trying in January :. I ended up going on Nuvaring at the end of June for July & August, but I've been off of it since August 15 or so. Just waiting for AF to show so I can start charting. I will also order a few ovulation strips as I might try & talk him into earlier

I'll be 25 by the time this baby arrives and married for over 5 years, so I'm so ready ~ I will be living vicariously through you all this fall.

s To all.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am back from my Postpartum Doula training!!! I had a blast...and best of all...I did not ovulate! In fact, I'm just now getting eggwhite! So hubby's getting jumped in the morning!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .

User Tag List