Fall 2008 TTC #1 in our 20's - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you SO MUCH, Jenifer!! This is what I need to hear! I mean, of course it should be obvious...of course not all people born in June are bad! But I was beginning to have doubts because of my mom and DH...not anymore, though! Thank you!! :

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#182 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mrscomp- sorry, I've never used an opk so I have no idea. Hope you figured it out!

woodland- better luck for us both this cycle

Andrea- I love your names! Especially Violet, so sweet!

FE- tell your dh that Hitler was born in April, so no April babies. And Stalin was born in December, better forget about that too (etc etc). My dh and my sister share a june birthday and they are awesome. They also share it with a man whom I greatly admire and who was an absolutely amazing, kind, gentle man.

Jaclyn- CD1 is the first day of your period.

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#183 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post
FE- tell your dh that Hitler was born in April, so no April babies. And Stalin was born in December, better forget about that too (etc etc). My dh and my sister share a june birthday and they are awesome. They also share it with a man whom I greatly admire and who was an absolutely amazing, kind, gentle man.
LMAO, my DH was born in April!!! :

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#184 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Good morning girls!!

Fem earth- My dad and sister were both born in June and they are the sweetest people!

Me, Im just sitting here waiting. . . Today is 4 or 5 dpo. )I think I ovulated saturday evening or sunday morning.
Question about OPKs- someone told me that if your pregnant and you keep using OPKs that it will stay positive. Is that true? Does it stay really dark or just a lighter line? I used the green ovulation strips I bought online and I have to say I hate them. I ran out of them on friday and bought some CVS brand sticks and I love then so much more. with the green strips I was getting light lines, no lines, a darker line, all in the same day and I was getting confused. But with the CVS ones I have ALWAYS gotten a light line then when I ovulated I got a darker line and then back now to very light lines.
So now is it normal for the ovulation test to have a light line all the time now after I ovulated? Do some women always get a light line? Cause with the CVS test I have gotten light lines now but never no line. . . . .
#185 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 02:43 PM

FE - Originally Dh and I were going to skip a cycle TTC in order to avoid a Scorpio baby. Dh has had very bad experiences with Scorpios (no offense Scorpios!) When it actually came down to it, we decided we wanted the possible baby more than an astrological sign.... and I'm so glad we did b/c that was the cycle we conceived! Now, there's no telling whether if we'd skipped it we'd have conceived the next cycle or it'd have taken forever, but I believe we asked a child to come join our family and this is the child that decided they'd like to join us. That's more important than what astrological sign they are imho. AND, our dd is the first day of Scorpio... if this LO comes early we might end up with a Libra yet!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#186 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

OK this maybe TMI but I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped a huge blob of CM was there. It wasnt really sticky. What does this mean? As I said before I am new to all this TTC and am clueless. . . Is this a good sign in 2ww??
#187 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
FE - Originally Dh and I were going to skip a cycle TTC in order to avoid a Scorpio baby. Dh has had very bad experiences with Scorpios (no offense Scorpios!) When it actually came down to it, we decided we wanted the possible baby more than an astrological sign.... and I'm so glad we did b/c that was the cycle we conceived! Now, there's no telling whether if we'd skipped it we'd have conceived the next cycle or it'd have taken forever, but I believe we asked a child to come join our family and this is the child that decided they'd like to join us. That's more important than what astrological sign they are imho. AND, our dd is the first day of Scorpio... if this LO comes early we might end up with a Libra yet!
Yep, this is my opinion exactly. I've been talking to my baby's spirit for a while now, and I've told it that I will let it pick its birth month...so it would not be fair of me to not let it be born in June if it wants to be. My mom and DH were making me doubt that, but I've since decided (after all you ladies' words of wisdom!) that DH is indeed getting attacked tonight after work.

#188 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
OK this maybe TMI but I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped a huge blob of CM was there. It wasnt really sticky. What does this mean? As I said before I am new to all this TTC and am clueless. . . Is this a good sign in 2ww??
Shannon, many women experience cervical fluid during their luteal phase...it's usually creamy, but some have sticky. It's produced when the corpus luteum dries up and is normal, and usually occurs regardless of whether or not there is a pregnancy.

I, personally, have gotten it every single cycle for the past four years, and I've only been TTC for one cycle so far.

But! That does not mean that you're NOT pregnant! Just that CM can't really tell you if you are.

I'm crossing my fingers for you! :

#189 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by feminine_earth View Post
Shannon, many women experience cervical fluid during their luteal phase...it's usually creamy, but some have sticky. It's produced when the corpus luteum dries up and is normal, and usually occurs regardless of whether or not there is a pregnancy.

I, personally, have gotten it every single cycle for the past four years, and I've only been TTC for one cycle so far.

But! That does not mean that you're NOT pregnant! Just that CM can't really tell you if you are.

I'm crossing my fingers for you! :
Thanks! I knew that it didnt mean I was pregnant necessarily, but I just didnt know if that was normal. I was thinking some one told me that after ovulation it usually dries up. . .
Thanks for the info!!!
#190 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 07:02 PM

If you are talking about Geminis in general (which I am married to one) they are delightful people!!!!

I was hoping to wait till October to really put my brain into TTC but if it happens this month I will be OVERJOYED for a June Baby! A little June Bug!
how adorable!!!

and not to be paranoid but doesn't it seem like I ovulated yesterday and not on Sunday? what does anyone think? chart

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#191 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 07:24 PM

sunnykbird - Generally speaking, I'd have said you O'd Monday b/c of the 6 previous temps rule (FAM rule). I think FF put it Sunday b/c of your CM being wet then and creamy on Monday. Just my 2 cents.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#192 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 07:34 PM

Oh, dear..I'm a gemini. That can't be good. I wonder if gemini's get along. I don't know much about astrology. If we get pg this cycle with a June baby I"m just going to hope for the best.
#193 of 732 Old 09-10-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrysash View Post
Oh, dear..I'm a gemini. That can't be good. I wonder if gemini's get along. I don't know much about astrology. If we get pg this cycle with a June baby I"m just going to hope for the best.
check out this website and you will be pleasantly surprised

Amber Lion, you are prolly right. Thanks for taking a peek.

always :
#194 of 732 Old 09-11-2008, 12:24 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't care one gosh darn whit about astrological signs? Mind, I'm one of those evil Scorpios that Amber and her husband don't like. I actually had no clue what this baby would be until a customer at work started telling me what wonderful people Libras are.
#195 of 732 Old 09-11-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetamommy View Post

Jaclyn- CD1 is the first day of your period.
Thanks so much.

I tend to be a bit looney, I totally believe in astrological signs I love Libras (my Mom, Dad, sister, and older brother) and now I have my heart set on an October baby but I think the baby comes when it is supposed to come. Having said that two of those October babes were due September 17, so you can plan all you want...

I'm on the cusp of Leo & Cancer (July 23) and DH is a Sagittarius (December 12). My other brother is an Aries (March 26) so I tend to think the fire us needs the balance of earth (the Libras).
#196 of 732 Old 09-11-2008, 08:49 AM

Both my mom and I are cancers (my biological father is a cancer, too, but I don't really know him so he doesn't count), and we are super close...I would LOVE to have a little cancer baby. But if my baby wants to be born in June, I will be ecstatic anyway. A little June Bug does sound adorable!! :

#197 of 732 Old 09-11-2008, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Morning ladies!! Any new BFP's this morning??? Im seriously going crazy over here!! I cant test til wed morning and I know its gonna drive me nuts!!!!
#198 of 732 Old 09-11-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't care one gosh darn whit about astrological signs? Mind, I'm one of those evil Scorpios that Amber and her husband don't like. I actually had no clue what this baby would be until a customer at work started telling me what wonderful people Libras are.
Nope, you're not the only one! It's just not something I think about.
#199 of 732 Old 09-11-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
Same here. I have preferences for when I would rather be due, but for other reasons (insurance, seasons/weather etc.)

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!
#200 of 732 Old 09-11-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaBreadGirl View Post
Same here. I have preferences for when I would rather be due, but for other reasons (insurance, seasons/weather etc.)

Actually, I'm kinda excited that we'll be able to claim a dependent on our tax return. Hopefully the increased deduction will help recoup some of the birth center cost.
#201 of 732 Old 09-11-2008, 12:46 PM

Lee I couldn't care less, either. But our baby is coming at a very busy time in our year... My FIL and nephew have late March birthdays, then in April it's our baby's EDD, then my aunt's, father's, and DH's birthdays followed by our wedding anniversary. Whew!

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
#202 of 732 Old 09-11-2008, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

We fell off the first page!!!

I had alot of CM today, could be from dh and I dtd last night though. I am also really tired! I know I need to stop stressing about it but I cant help it! I am not a very patient person, especially since so many people around me have gotten pregnant lately and werent trying. : Dont ya hate that?
#203 of 732 Old 09-11-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxeyedkat View Post
Lee I couldn't care less, either. But our baby is coming at a very busy time in our year... My FIL and nephew have late March birthdays, then in April it's our baby's EDD, then my aunt's, father's, and DH's birthdays followed by our wedding anniversary. Whew!
Sounds like you have a great excuse to get out of any party planning that might need to be done next year.
#204 of 732 Old 09-12-2008, 08:47 AM

Blah, woke up too late for baby-makin'. This is just not my month.

ETA: Fertility Friend is so inaccurate sometimes! I just had to add two extra temperatures (on two days that I couldn't temp because I was in Jacksonville...well, I did temp, but they were super high because I couldn't sleep at all...) in order to make it NOT give me crosshairs on CD14. I have totally not ovulated yet. I am so glad I've been a paper charter for years. Stupid FF.

#205 of 732 Old 09-12-2008, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, My body is messing with me...lol. So anyways, long story short I have been getting "almost" positive OPK test and one I thought last sunday was positive but today I took one just to check and both lines were very dark, there is no mistaken!! Yay! So not sure what is going on this cycle but Its messed up. . . .So today on CD24 I OVULATED!!!
Off to do the baby dance!!
#206 of 732 Old 09-12-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Ok, My body is messing with me...lol. So anyways, long story short I have been getting "almost" positive OPK test and one I thought last sunday was positive but today I took one just to check and both lines were very dark, there is no mistaken!! Yay! So not sure what is going on this cycle but Its messed up. . . .So today on CD24 I OVULATED!!!
Off to do the baby dance!!
Yea!!

And may I respectfully suggest you put the OPKs away now? Honestly, I think you'll be able to destress a bit about it if you're not getting potentially conflicting results anymore. Well, until it's time to start stressing about when to take a pregnancy test.
#207 of 732 Old 09-12-2008, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Oh I am!!! We are leaving in an hour for our anniversary and will be gone til tuesday and I AM NOT taking any test with me! :
#208 of 732 Old 09-12-2008, 06:18 PM

ok so do the temps keep going up and up if you're pg ? (i know some peeps go down a little then go up and then down a bit and then up up up..)

eventually they go down ...I mean we don't have 9 month pg women out there walking around with fevers...baby fever, maybe, but not like sick fever...

anyway if you temps are going up does that mean nothing because they are always high during LP

always :
#209 of 732 Old 09-12-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feminine_earth View Post
ETA: Fertility Friend is so inaccurate sometimes! I just had to add two extra temperatures (on two days that I couldn't temp because I was in Jacksonville...well, I did temp, but they were super high because I couldn't sleep at all...) in order to make it NOT give me crosshairs on CD14. I have totally not ovulated yet. I am so glad I've been a paper charter for years. Stupid FF.
I hear ya. I'm frustrated with BBT in general right now. It seems that I screw up my temp almost every single night. I'm pretty sure I O'd on CD15 but I'm getting nothing from FF.

Do you think it matters if we didn't DTD on CD 16? I had EWCM but not + on the OPK. We were both so exhausted we just couldn't do it. I hope we didn't miss our window.
#210 of 732 Old 09-13-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Oh I am!!! We are leaving in an hour for our anniversary and will be gone til tuesday and I AM NOT taking any test with me! :
Yea! Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykbird View Post
anyway if you temps are going up does that mean nothing because they are always high during LP
Not an expert, but I think that as long as your temps just stay above the coverline during the LP, it's all good. Now, some women do get triphasic charts - where there's a second "jump" in the temperature pattern - and that often indicates pregnancy but doesn't always. The cycle I got pregnant my chart was triphasic, but the temps didn't jump to that third level 'til like 10 or 12 DPO I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrysash View Post
I hear ya. I'm frustrated with BBT in general right now. It seems that I screw up my temp almost every single night. I'm pretty sure I O'd on CD15 but I'm getting nothing from FF.

Do you think it matters if we didn't DTD on CD 16? I had EWCM but not + on the OPK. We were both so exhausted we just couldn't do it. I hope we didn't miss our window.
I bet you did O on CD 15 or 16. Don't forget, FF wants 3 high temps before they give you coverlines (I think). And as long as y'all had sex on either CD 14 and/or 15, I bet you're fine.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page