Earlyish September TWW - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-16-2008, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL! Yeah, the black towel definitely could have jinxed you.

Maybe we're both just having longer cycles this month. I really don't want to admit that... because just thinking about going thru the scarily-long-a$$ cycles that many of the women here are dealing with scares the Ba-jeez-us out of me!!! I don't think my mental state could handle having a 100+ day cycle.

I'll take my every 28-days, thank you very much!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Hey, you two! I have enough AF symptoms and plenty of, well, this is TOTALLY tmi, but blood, to cover the both of you! AF is REALLY bad for me this month, which is probably why I felt pregnant! Seriously, I had to be in bed yesterday with the worst cramps I've ever felt. Today I'm getting a migraine and I've been really sick feeling. I think I'll probably bleed to death...
Old 09-16-2008, 04:05 PM

Oh Maxwill... I'm so sorry.

It's hard enough to see AF come at all... and really bad when you have to go thru all of the extra pain, cramping, headaches, etc.

I say take some really strong pain killers, lay down with a heating pad and channel surf! That's about the only thing that makes me feel better... there has to be something good on TV to get your mind off of the pain.

I hope it doesn't last too long. If you need a distraction and want to chat - we're here!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:46 PM

DH has a job interview for and EMT job!!! : We're so happy! Right now he is working a part-time job as a meat cutter. It really sucks for him. If he could do part time EMT then having a part time job would pay better and be no big deal!

I can't channel surf. We don't get TV channels! Although I DID take the pain killers. I have to go get my Kindergartner in a little bit so I can't lay down. Tuesdays kind of suck for me! I think part of my headache is the fact that yesterday our doctor decided to put my DD on an elimination diet and I just had to do 2 hours of grocery shopping- reading the lables very carefully. I just don't know what we're going to eat for the next month!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the support Laurie . But....I think your symptoms sound great!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

maxwill129: My AF is really weird too! Really heavy and funny, pulling cramps. In combination with it coming on 8dpo, I'm starting to wonder if it was a chemical. Oh well, onto cycle #6.....
Old 09-16-2008, 08:09 PM

I am going to a bar tonight, with friends, to drink and chat about books. If AF freaking shows her nasty face tonight AFTER I get home from a sober night, I will be mighty ticked.

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
Old 09-16-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cearbear View Post
Thanks for the support Laurie . But....I think your symptoms sound great!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

maxwill129: My AF is really weird too! Really heavy and funny, pulling cramps. In combination with it coming on 8dpo, I'm starting to wonder if it was a chemical. Oh well, onto cycle #6.....

You know, I never thought about that. Could I have had a chemical? Although I never did get a BFP on any HPT's...

cearbear, I really hope this is the cycle for you guys!!! I'm hoping I can convince DH to just try one more month before giving up!

Lima, I hope you have a good time despite not being able to have a beer! I was going to say that I'll have one for you, but I noticed that DH drank the two we had left last night!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:50 PM

Ok, girls.... I need your input.

Here's my dilema:
I have an order for a blood & urine pregnancy test at the Lab (I've actually had it since January... but haven't felt the urge to use it until now. I know. Crazy, right? Pretty proud of that. LOL)

Should I wait another day and see what happens? Or should I just cave and go use it...?

I still feel exactly the same, but growing more and more anxious as the day goes on, and now I'm dying to find out (one way or another)!

Thoughts????
Old 09-16-2008, 11:07 PM

Laurie: How many days late are you? 2? I think your symptoms sound awesome but would wait till you're at least a week late. Even though I am by the book regular, AF seems to be throwing some curveballs now that we are TTC. It's like...she knows just how to mess with you! But if it has already been a week, then keep the appt! Relieve some of this anxiety!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cearbear View Post
Laurie: How many days late are you? 2? I think your symptoms sound awesome but would wait till you're at least a week late. Even though I am by the book regular, AF seems to be throwing some curveballs now that we are TTC. It's like...she knows just how to mess with you! But if it has already been a week, then keep the appt! Relieve some of this anxiety!
I am 4 days late as of today with absolutely no signs that AF is coming at all...

I know that sometimes you can work yourself up so much about it, that you can mess with your own cycles. But honestly, that isn't the case. (I know that's not what you were saying... but that's what everyone else in my little world keeps saying - "Maybe since you're stressing about it, it's making it late"). On the contrary... I have been trying everything to get her to come. For one, because I just wanted to get it over with (since I had already gotten a bunch of Negatives, I had just resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't pregnant, and just wanted to get the show on the road!) And two, I'm starting a brand new job in 2 weeks, and afraid of starting on the wrong foot. IE: running to the bathroom to puke while being trained! LOL. (Of course, if it was positive... you know I'd be jumping around this house like a crazy person from the excitement... but if I could wait at least 1 more month before conceiving, it would be better timing)

So I really have been trying to get AF to start... DTD with my hubby.. taking pg tests.. etc.

I had what felt like menstrual cramps for 2 days starting on the day I was supposed to get AF, but then nothing happened and they just went away! I still have lots of creamy CM, and my abdomen feels tight and sore (like a dull-ache / crampy).

I'm gonna try not to drink much water before bed tonight, and take a First Response pg test with FMU. If I still don't have AF by tomorrow afternoon, I will go do the blood pregnancy test at the lab.

Ahhhhhh!!!! I'm going CRAZY!!!! :

Wish me Luck!!! :
Old 09-17-2008, 12:19 AM

Maxwill & CearBear:
It is VERY possible that you could have had a Chemical. I had one in March, and never got a Positive pg test. In fact, the chemical happened on the day that I was supposed to start my period, so I really didn't think anything of it.

I was at work, and the bleeding & severe cramping hit me out of no where. Suddenly my whole belly swelled up and it looked like I was about 4-5 months pregnant!!! My cramps were so bad, I grabbed a heating pad and laid down on the floor in an empty office during my lunch break.
The next day, my belly still hadn't really gotten better, and I had some thick clots coming out. So I made an appt with my regular doctor, (to rule out an ectopic pregnancy) and after a blood test (a quantative test.. not the positive/negative test), my HCG levels were high enough to indicate that there was a lost pregnancy. I think my levels were below 25, but I think they said that anything above a 1 will indicate a pregnancy (lost or not).

Don't want to make you paranoid, but really.. Just because you didn't get a positive on a pg test and you started AF on the date you were supposed to... doesn't mean it wasn't a Chemical! You know your body, and if something feels different about this one, it's always something to consider.

My Dr said that the statistics of that occuring is staggering. It's just that 99% of women don't even realize it's happening, and brush it off as a "hard period".

I hope you're enjoying a nice cold beer and relaxing!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 AM

Thanks, Laurie! I did have a lot of clotting this period, too. Oh, well. I guess things happen and I really believe that with all that's going on at our house right now a baby wouldn't fit in.

I am : for you!!! I hope you can figure out what is going on soon!!!

Lima, did you have a good time last night?
Old 09-17-2008, 11:08 AM

Hey, thanks for asking Maxwill. I had a blast - I drank, too...I was sure my period was starting...but still nothing! Guh.

Laurie, I keep checking back here to see what's going on with you!

Old 09-17-2008, 02:31 PM

Well, not much to report here.

My "take a First Response test in the morning" plan was thwarted by some spotting last night. I had about 2 minutes of spotting (which of course made me think I was starting...) and then - POOF! As fast as it came, it was GONE. Arrrggghhh!! :

I went to bed thinking that I would wake up with my period for sure, so when I woke up at 5am with my hubby, I didn't even bother to use the test cuz I didn't want to waste one. I'm actually up and moving around now... and the spotting hasn't come back at all!

So, No test. But also... No AF!!!!

*Big Sigh* I don't know what to think...?!?!?
Guess I'll just have to keep playing the "wait and see" game!

???????????
Old 09-17-2008, 02:35 PM

Cearbear & Maxwill ~ How are you feeling this morning? AF letting up at all??

Maxwill ~ How was your Hubby's interview yesterday??? I didn't get to write back yesterday, but I was thinking about it and sending good vibes!

Limabean ~ Still no AF for you either???? What the hell is going on with us??!?! :
Old 09-17-2008, 02:41 PM

Nope, still nothin'. I've been using cheapie tests, which by all accounts are just fine...but I picked up a 2-pack of First Response at the grocery store this morning anyway. Now - do I hold my pee and not drink for a few hours for a midday test, or wait till tomorrow morning?

Old 09-17-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limabean1975 View Post
Nope, still nothin'. I've been using cheapie tests, which by all accounts are just fine...but I picked up a 2-pack of First Response at the grocery store this morning anyway. Now - do I hold my pee and not drink for a few hours for a midday test, or wait till tomorrow morning?
I've been wondering the same thing!! Since we're both past our expected AF date, I think it's safe to take the pg tests anytime during the day as long as your urine isn't super dilluted by drinking alot of fluids (?)

However, I've been trying to only use FMU since all of mine have been Negative. Was hoping to use that since it has a higher concentration of HCG... but missed my chance today! (thinking AF was on her way...)

I still have a bunch of Dollar Store tests in my bathroom that I could use... but was going to try the First Response this morning to test our "some women secrete small amounts of hcg" theory.

Maybe someone else will have some advice on this!!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:14 PM

I need to pee right now and am wondering if I should pee now, then drink nothing and wait till I need to pee again (and hold it a while) or just hold the pee I have now. This is so silly!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I need to pee right now and am wondering if I should pee now, then drink nothing and wait till I need to pee again (and hold it a while) or just hold the pee I have now. This is so silly!
Have you been drinking much this morning?? If it's not much more than normal.. I'd say go for it now!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD143 View Post
Have you been drinking much this morning?? If it's not much more than normal.. I'd say go for it now!
More than usual. I drank a glass of water in the middle of the night, which I don't normally do, AND I had a glass of juice before my coffee this morning, which I don't normally do. That being said, I have peed alot since then, so that may all be cleared out. I dunno. I think I'll go pee in a cup and see how dark it looks (I actually did that this morning and it was not dark at all so I didn't even bother with a $1 test).

Old 09-17-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
More than usual. I drank a glass of water in the middle of the night, which I don't normally do, AND I had a glass of juice before my coffee this morning, which I don't normally do. That being said, I have peed alot since then, so that may all be cleared out. I dunno. I think I'll go pee in a cup and see how dark it looks (I actually did that this morning and it was not dark at all so I didn't even bother with a $1 test).
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya!!!!
:
Old 09-17-2008, 04:14 PM

O M G

YES, REALLY

REALLY, REALLY.

I can't believe I'm telling the internet before my husband, but I'm trying to think of how to be cute about telling him! E-mail the picture? Make a surprise visit to his work after DS wakes from nap? Make the picture the desktop background on our home computer? Have DS hand it to him when he gets home from work?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
O M G

YES, REALLY

REALLY, REALLY.

I can't believe I'm telling the internet before my husband, but I'm trying to think of how to be cute about telling him! E-mail the picture? Make a surprise visit to his work after DS wakes from nap? Make the picture the desktop background on our home computer? Have DS hand it to him when he gets home from work?
CONGRATS LIMABEAN!!! :::
Old 09-17-2008, 04:26 PM

FTR, this is cycle day 33, and probably (based on CM and other signs but not temp) 18 DPO. 18!! Was negative on Day 16. Did not test on Day 17.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 PM

OH. MY. GOD.

GIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am seriously over here crying for you! How exciting!!

: B - FREAKING - P! :

I can't believe it. I CANNOT believe it!!!!!

Amazing! (You just gave me a shred of hope )
Old 09-17-2008, 04:39 PM

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I am so frickin' excited for you! ::: Those are some definite lines! Good job, baby making!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:42 PM

Laurie, He doesn't get to go in for his interview until the freaking 25th! : Can you believe that?! I'm so annoyed by that. I thought he was doing that yesterday and now we have to wait. But, he also has another one lined up for October 20th with Gold Cross, so at least he's getting interviews. I wish they could just do it now, for crying out loud. He needs a job NOW.

So, did you test?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwill129 View Post
Laurie, He doesn't get to go in for his interview until the freaking 25th! : Can you believe that?! I'm so annoyed by that. I thought he was doing that yesterday and now we have to wait. But, he also has another one lined up for October 20th with Gold Cross, so at least he's getting interviews. I wish they could just do it now, for crying out loud. He needs a job NOW.

So, did you test?
Well that sucks! I know when I was going thru the interview process at the job I'm getting ready to start, it was a 40-Day process before they even offered me the job! It was making me absolutely BATTY! The waiting and the silence of not hearing anything is a killer. I hope it works out for him (and you of course!). :

I didn't take a test this morning because I had some spotting last night and thought for sure that AF was on her way... but then as soon as it came on, it STOPPED. Now today I am still seeing clear/opaque creamy & watery CM. WTF?!?!?

I still feel exactly the same. Bloated belly, a little crampy, lots of CM, but NO AF & every test is Negative!

I took a Dollar Tree test about 20 minutes ago (because I was inspired by LimaBean!), and it was Negative... again. Although I wasn't really expecting to see anything, especially because it was about the 3rd time I had gone to the bathroom this morning. Oh well! Guess I'll just have to keep waiting... Maybe I'll get lucky like LimaBean!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:01 PM

LimaBean ~ I keep looking at the phone like I could just pick it up and call you and say CONGRATS!!! LOL! I'm all anxious and giddy for you!
:

As far as ideas to tell him...? I know there is a recent thread on here somewhere about "creative ideas to tell my hubby we're pregnant". There were some pretty neat ideas on there... my favorite was to take a recent photo of the 2 of you (if you had one taken) and send copies to friends & family with a play off of the MasterCard commercials:
It went something like this:
Nikon Digital Camera... $$$
Prints of this photo... $$$
Postage to send copies... $$$

Finding out there are actually THREE people in this picture... PRICELESS!

As for me... our German Shepard is our whole world. So I am going to use him to tell "daddy" that he is going to be a Big Brother! So far, my plan is to cover his collar in ribbon that says "Big Brother" on it. I tried to find a Bib that says "I'm the Big Brother" on it... but can't seem to find one anywhere!!!

No matter how you tell him, it's going to be special. He's going to be so surprised!!!! Have fun! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:22 PM

Thanks for sharing my excitement!!

I'm all anxious and giddy, that's for sure. I just went to get DS a snack and ended up placing an empty bowl on the coffee table, saying "Here's your snack!".

I'm REALLY holding on to hope for you Laurie! Tomorrow morning, the expensive test, FMU!!!

User Tag List