September***CONCEIVING IN OUR 20s*** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-08-2008, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Make that a BFP for me as well!!! (well, I wouldnt call it 'big' or 'fat' ...but its positive! hehe)
::::: :::::

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
Make that a BFP for me as well!!! (well, I wouldnt call it 'big' or 'fat' ...but its positive! hehe)
Congratulations!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:13 PM

Monday Check in:

Name: pbcup
Date: 9/8
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 21
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: had O pain yesterday and today with spotting
Testing: OPKs are still -, trying to decide if yesterday's OPK was +. Any thoughts?
Thoughts: I can't figure out what is going on with O. I feel like LH surged but then stopped bc of DD's constant bfing. The test line on my OPK yesterday morning was as dark as the control all the way to the left, but super light all the way to the right. In the afternoon it was a definite negative, and this morning was negative too. In the meantime I have been spotting since yesterday and have O pains as well. My temp did not rise this morning like i thought it might...Any thoughts???? Am I about to O, did I already O, or did I gear up and fizzle out?? Thanks for any input!

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:13 PM

Congrats Ann!!!!

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the hugs and support ladies, I really appreciate all of you .

Congratulations Ann!!:

PBCup, I am not sure what to say. I would think you were gearing up to O, but I don't know that much about bf'ing and how it might interfere with your cycles once they have started back up again. I know it is frustrating waiting around to O and getting mixed signals from your body. I hope it becomes clear with a couple more temps.

Monday Check in:
Date: 9/8/08
Where are you at in your cycle: CD2
Appointments: just got a rec from my midwife's office for an RE, will be calling later today to set an appt.
Symptoms if they apply: cramps and feeling blue
Thoughts: its been a year now ttc. I'm scared to see an RE, I don't really know what to expect. I know that I am not prepared to go on hormones and I am scared of drugs, so really I am not going to see him for treatment but more just for testing. I'm sad because I really wanted to do this on my own (without dr.s), but now I really just need to know if there is something wrong that is holding things up.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

Old 09-08-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
yesterday's OPK was +. Any thoughts?
Thoughts: I can't figure out what is going on with O. I feel like LH surged but then stopped bc of DD's constant bfing. The test line on my OPK yesterday morning was as dark as the control all the way to the left, but super light all the way to the right. In the afternoon it was a definite negative, and this morning was negative too. In the meantime I have been spotting since yesterday and have O pains as well. My temp did not rise this morning like i thought it might...Any thoughts???? Am I about to O, did I already O, or did I gear up and fizzle out?? Thanks for any input!
I have had that too. It was not a positive for me. I did not O when only that one tiny line was as dark as the control. A positive for me was when the whole thing was as dark as the control line, and the left part of the test was darker. Chances are that your body is gearing up to O. Keep bding and keep testing.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Thoughts: its been a year now ttc. I'm scared to see an RE, I don't really know what to expect. I know that I am not prepared to go on hormones and I am scared of drugs, so really I am not going to see him for treatment but more just for testing. I'm sad because I really wanted to do this on my own (without dr.s), but now I really just need to know if there is something wrong that is holding things up.
Good luck at the dr. From everything I have read from other women on here you will just go through a bunch of tests at first. Bring your charts with you. Unless something comes up then you may not need any medicinal intervention.

It is a year for me in October.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Ann!! ::: I knew this month was it for you! Enjoy your pregnancy, mama.

LibbyLou, I will be thinking of you and your dh and : for your good news!

Snow~Pea, I'm sorry you're feeling so blue. Sorry I can't offer any advice on the RE as I don't know much about it, but wanted to send you a .

As for me:

Monday Check in:
Date: September 8
Where are you at in your cycle: CD12... waiting to O!
Symptoms if they apply: GOBS of 4-inch stretching EWCM!! :
Thoughts: I really hope this month is it for us! It's only our second month TTC, but we will be taking an 8 month break if this month isn't it so send us good, fertile thoughts. :

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:08 PM

Snow~Pea, I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious. I can understand the feeling, oh yes. November will be a year for us, although only 9 months of that with charting and active, focused TTC, and that worries me. I hope you will find an answer that doesn't involve taking measures that make you uncomfortable.

Name: Jennie
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 24
Symptoms if they apply: not really!
Testing: None
Thoughts: My mind is a complete blank at the moment.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:39 PM

Ann, many threads with congrats for you, but for such occasion (and probably for any occasion) there's never too many congrats. ::

Monday Check in:

Name: Valeria
Date: 9/8/2008
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 27, 8 DPO
Symptoms if they apply: My nipples are a bit tender. Not that bad, but still. Last night I hugged dd and could definitely feel them. Then later in the night, my breasts got tingly.
But I am feeling a constant anxious energy as I keep wondering if this is it for me. So could that be that my boobs are feeling nervous too? lol
My nipples are still a touch tender today, but I'm not feeling the tingling any more. So I really don't know.

Thoughts: Gosh, there are so many parallel threads going on, it's hard to keep track of what gets posted where. So if you've already read this - I apologize.
I took the liberty and did an overwrite of my FF chart. FF wouldn't give me an O date (well, it wouldn't give me the cross-hairs) and I still think that I Oed based on my symptoms. I decided that I know my body better then a computer program does. Does my chart make sense the way it is now?
TTC is such a roller coaster. I am getting so very anxious to find out. Last night I was really sorta excited because of that tingly sensation, but today it's not here and I am afraid to get any hopes up. I've been stressed and b*tchy for a whole week. I hate myself that way, but the nervous energy is really getting to me.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
Old 09-08-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:

Congratulations Ann!!:

PBCup, I am not sure what to say. I would think you were gearing up to O, but I don't know that much about bf'ing and how it might interfere with your cycles once they have started back up again. I know it is frustrating waiting around to O and getting mixed signals from your body. I hope it becomes clear with a couple more temps.

Monday Check in:
Appointments: just got a rec from my midwife's office for an RE, will be calling later today to set an appt.
Thanks so much for the response. I have always felt incredibly in tune with my body, and now I am so lost. Knowing it happens to other people makes it easier to go through for some reason...
For you, : , I am so sorry you are feeling so down. I hope the dr has some answers for you. I also hope that once you get some info from the dr you can find an alternative method to drugs. I would be happy to ask my mother-in-law, who is a master herbalist, if there are any remedies she knows of when the time comes that you have more info. You'l be in my thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
I have had that too. It was not a positive for me. I did not O when only that one tiny line was as dark as the control. A positive for me was when the whole thing was as dark as the control line, and the left part of the test was darker. Chances are that your body is gearing up to O. Keep bding and keep testing.
Thanks blissfully. I think that is just what I will have to do...I know that before I was pg with DD I thought I had long cycles, but wasn't charting so I never really knew...maybe they are still that way. I hope to figure it out soon!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:31 PM

Monday Check in:

Name: Aine (caucmama)
Date: Sept. 8th
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 30/11DPO
Appointments: Nada
Symptoms if they apply: lots of peeing, super sleepy
Testing: For fun, got my BFP at 9DPO!
Thoughts: I'm so happy I can't contain myself.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:45 PM

Monday Check in:

Name: Alicewyf
Date: Sept. 8th
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 10, should be ovulating soon.
Appointments: None yet, I might go to the doctor this week though, for allergies.
Symptoms if they apply: n/a, haven't ovulated yet.
Testing: Sept 22.
Thoughts: Well...my husband's semen analysis results came back...and everything is NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I am SO HAPPY. Basically, one of his balls didn't descend as a child, and no one noticed until he was five, somehow (don't ask me how, if I think about it too much I get angry). It was fixed, but usually the cutoff for that surgery is age 2. But anyway, the other one must be working overtime!! Also, I went to the dentist last week (after not having gone for over 5 years) to get a checkup since we are TTC and I know your teeth get weird during pregnancy...and I had NO cavities, and only one wisdom tooth that hadn't even descended yet! We've had some good luck lately, and I hope it doesn't run out anytime soon!

Alicewyf: doula, wife to DH, and mama to Lillian (7/09) and Daniel (6/12).
Old 09-08-2008, 07:39 PM

Alice, wishing your good luck continues! wonderful news both about your dh and about your dental health.

Aine, congrats! BFP at just 9dpo? that's amazing!

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
Old 09-08-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
Alice, wishing your good luck continues! wonderful news both about your dh and about your dental health.

Aine, congrats! BFP at just 9dpo? that's amazing!
Alice, I love your kitties!
Valeria, Yep, 9DPO...trying to get a good picture, they've been getting darker too, yay! I had an implantation dip at 6DPO that was pretty clear so I decided to go ahead and test early, it worked!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAUCmama View Post
Alice, I love your kitties!
Valeria, Yep, 9DPO...trying to get a good picture, they've been getting darker too, yay! I had an implantation dip at 6DPO that was pretty clear so I decided to go ahead and test early, it worked!
I took a peak at your chart. you had both an ovulation dip and implantation dip. pretty cool. congrats again!

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
Old 09-08-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I took a peak at your chart. you had both an ovulation dip and implantation dip. pretty cool. congrats again!
Thanks! It's certainly the prettiest chart I've ever had, then again I haven't been charting for a very long time. =)
Old 09-08-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks! It's certainly the prettiest chart I've ever had, then again I haven't been charting for a very long time. =)
ok so I took a peek at your chart too, I noticed you didn't ovulate till the 17th or something day is that normal for you...cus I am noticiing I am at day 16 and still no O and I am usually as regular as the tides...

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykbird View Post
ok so I took a peek at your chart too, I noticed you didn't ovulate till the 17th or something day is that normal for you...cus I am noticiing I am at day 16 and still no O and I am usually as regular as the tides...
Yeah, it was CD 19 this cycle, CD18 last cycle. I'd say it's not totally normal for me but is my current version of normal. My cycles haven't gone back to normal yet since I had my son in 2005, then somehow I conceived my daughter with really wacky cycles and had her in 2006, didn't get PP AF until almost 8 months after that. Ever since then I've been having cycles most of the time in the 32 to 25 day range so ovulating around CD17 or later would be totally normal for that. But sometimes since my daughter I would get a 28 day cycle, then a 50 day cycle, so I was all over. This probably doesn't help at all does it?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
... since I had my son in 2005...
I just noticed that he was born in May 2005. My dd was also born in May 2005. May 17, to be exact. When is your ds's birthday?

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
Old 09-08-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
: :CONGRATULATIONS, ANN!!! I'm so happy for you!! Have you told Duncan? Keep us posted about everything! ::
Old 09-09-2008, 12:26 AM

Name: Cali
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 8
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: Nonem
Thoughts: There are too many threads to keep up with!! It's hard to keep up. I feel like I write the same thing in each one. Yikes! Other than that. We're just spelunking every day this cycle. Not missing it this time!

Wife to Chiro DH, TTC #1 since May 07 Hoping for a after many losses
Old 09-09-2008, 12:39 AM

Name: Carlin
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 4
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: None
Thoughts: Just waiting for af to go away! And chanting at my ovaries to ovulate on cd 16 again. It seemed to work last cycle

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Old 09-09-2008, 01:18 AM

HI everyone, I'm here too... but I'm not so great at keeping up with threads so I like lurking. Plus, I don't chart so I don't have much to tell... I would just obsess way too much if I picked up that hobby!

congrats to all the new bfps!

Button 08-12-09 

Baby Vi 05-18-11

Old 09-09-2008, 01:20 AM

Ok....so I always have watery CM....sometimes creamy but rarely EWCM. So I got the Evening Primrose oil today to see if it will help make some EWCM. My question is do you guys that take it..take it every day, just around O? Or when ? My DH says I should take it everyday.

Wife to Chiro DH, TTC #1 since May 07 Hoping for a after many losses
Old 09-09-2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak1207 View Post
Ok....so I always have watery CM....sometimes creamy but rarely EWCM. So I got the Evening Primrose oil today to see if it will help make some EWCM. My question is do you guys that take it..take it every day, just around O? Or when ? My DH says I should take it everyday.
I think the general consensus is every day until you O, then switch to something like a cod oil. I've been considering taking it too, but as I've only had one normal length cycle, I really don't want to change anything this time.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Old 09-09-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:

Monday Check in:
Snow~Pea take good care of yourself. I hope you'll get some answers, but either way, I really believe you'll be a Mom someday soon. For me, I think it's easier to think of it as just another month than a whole year.

I'm really hoping that lucky month 13 will be the one for both of us!

Oops and Ann Congratulations!!! : : :

Old 09-09-2008, 02:22 AM

Congrats to the new BFPs! I'm out of town right now and I think I ovulated yesterday (I had a temp rise today.) We'll see. AWFUL timing. We only BD'd like 3 days ago, once. And my cycle are so long that it'll be another month and a half til we get another shot. Why can't my ovaries just ovulate on day 14 or 16 like normal folks!

And we could not have made love last night or the night before because last night we were sharing a room with our light-sleeping toddler and a house with my sis, her hubby, a newborn, and their toddler. And the night before we were in a hotel room and we didn't get to the hotel until 1AM! Such poor timig.I'm pretty dissapointed. (2xposted)

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

Old 09-09-2008, 03:25 AM

Quote:
I just noticed that he was born in May 2005. My dd was also born in May 2005. May 17, to be exact. When is your ds's birthday?
May 10th =)
Old 09-09-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
May 10th =)
My DD is also May 10th!!

User Tag List