September Nursing Moms TTC - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats to all the BFPs!!:

AFM: Temp drop today and expecting AF any minute.

Because: Any news???

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#122 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplembride View Post
BFP!!!!!!!! OMG FINALLY

:::::::
Congratulations!!

AFM, still no temp rise. Less ewcm today--seems to be changing over to sticky... My saliva test this am was inconclusive--think I put too much on the slide grrrr....
maybe I'll buy an opk today just for the heck of it. I ran out and so haven't been doing them.

do you think there's hope that my temp will go up tomorrow?

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#123 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie143 View Post
thanks atruck, i just placed my order today so hopefully it should be here in ten days!

at what DPO do you guys usually start testing? i'm thinking at about 10-11???

congrats triplembride!!!

AFM, i'm 7dpo... i dunno what to think yet! me and my hubby had an argument yesterday and the last time we had one like that where i just felt totally indifferant to him was when i was preg.. lol but that could just be coincidence! we're cool today though

can anyone look on my chart and tell me which they think is my O day? because FF says it was wednesday but in my honest opinion from ovulation pain and how everything felt i think i either ovulated on thursday or friday which ovusoft agrees with. what do you guys think? also my positive OPK was wednesday!
heres my ovusoft chart except i didnt put in a temp today(dont have my comp..) http://forums.ovusoft.com/chart.asp?id=natalie123
fF is in my siggie:

Looking at both charts I think it was Wednesday. Looks like your timing was good either way. Good luck.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#124 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 12:42 PM

Congrats triple!!

Natalie I usually vow not to test until 14 DPO but I break down and start testing like a madwoman at 10 DPO I did get a very faint positive with DS2 at 10 DPO.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#125 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 02:20 PM

triplembridge -- CONGRATS!! :

sonuptosondown -- I was just re-reading TCOYF, and she mentions there that is totally possible to have a temp rise a day or two after your mucus starts to change over. So there is hope!

Mommy to two super cute kids.
#126 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

triplembride~ Congrats::

I'm 10dpo and getting very faint lines on the internet cheapies. I'm gonna try and get a pack of FRER's later today and use one tomorrow morning. I only have a crummy target brand comparable to frer that is blue dye and a walgreen digital that compares to ept digital left here at home.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#127 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustysSweety03 View Post

I'm 10dpo and getting very faint lines on the internet cheapies. I'm gonna try and get a pack of FRER's later today and use one tomorrow morning. I only have a crummy target brand comparable to frer that is blue dye and a walgreen digital that compares to ept digital left here at home.

[/color]
Yay!! That sounds very promising!! Fingers crossed here!
Deb

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#128 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan'smom View Post

Because: Any news???
Only the bad kind. My temp went back up today but tests are neg. Cervix is starting to open up and AF is due tomorrow. Looks like I'm out. Again.
#129 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 05:51 PM

Kami: that sounds very promising! I hope the lines keep getting darker for you.

Because: I'm sorry

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#130 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 06:13 PM

Hi all
I haven't posted here in a while. I just got BFN at 13DPO but today temps are up. I hate this whole waiting for my period to start time. Where you still have hope and are waiting for it to be squashed by the sight of blood. Once my period starts I am fine it is just still that magical time of the 2ww when you already get a BFN...Anyhow I still think my temp is interesting this month. Usually my high is 98.1-98.4 and this month it did that jump up even higher thing and for about four days now it has been 98.6-98.8 Have other people experienced this?
Congrats to all the pregnant nursing mamas!!!
#131 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 06:20 PM

Because~

AbiSolsticebaby~ hope AF stays away from you

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#132 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 07:31 PM

i'm sorry because. this whole ttc thing can be a real kick in the arse sometimes. still holding out hope for you...

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09
#133 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 07:39 PM

FF refuses to assign me crosshairs since I am not temping so I wanted to ask what you mamas thought. This is my first PP O.

Friday I had moderate EW CM so I took an OPK that came back positive

Saturday the EW CM was out of control and my OPK came back positive again. I also had lots of cramping (O pain)

Sunday the O pain was mild and the EW CM was slowing down, my OPK was still positve

Monday was a dry day and no pain at all. OPK was negative - not even a faint line at all.

I'm guessing I O'd Saturday night. Does that sound right? I also had what felt like a little O pain for a few hours today. I'm thinking it could have possible been inplantation? No spotting though.

#134 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 08:18 PM

I took an OPK today, and got a semi-dark line!!! I compared it to the pics of my progression from when I got pregnant with Wyatt, and it looks like the one about 3 days before I got a positive!! I hope they continue to get darker!!!

Because- there is still hope!!! As I understand it, a dip like you had could be implantation! Try again tomorrow! :
#135 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 08:56 PM

Thanks, mamas! I really appreciate you all being on this journey with me. I'll report back with my temp in the morning (and test results if it's still up - doubtful) but I'll be gone until late Sunday. I hope there are some more BFPs here when I get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
FF refuses to assign me crosshairs since I am not temping so I wanted to ask what you mamas thought. This is my first PP O.

Friday I had moderate EW CM so I took an OPK that came back positive

Saturday the EW CM was out of control and my OPK came back positive again. I also had lots of cramping (O pain)

Sunday the O pain was mild and the EW CM was slowing down, my OPK was still positve

Monday was a dry day and no pain at all. OPK was negative - not even a faint line at all.

I'm guessing I O'd Saturday night. Does that sound right? I also had what felt like a little O pain for a few hours today. I'm thinking it could have possible been inplantation? No spotting though.
What are your temps doing? By OPKs and pains alone, I'd say it was Sunday. FF won't do crosshairs until 3 days of high temps and sometimes it won't do them at all if it doesn't like what you're recording. I always have to override because I get creamy CM after ovulation and it hates that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama*ashleigh View Post
I took an OPK today, and got a semi-dark line!!! I compared it to the pics of my progression from when I got pregnant with Wyatt, and it looks like the one about 3 days before I got a positive!! I hope they continue to get darker!!!

Because- there is still hope!!! As I understand it, a dip like you had could be implantation! Try again tomorrow! :
You're still waiting for the first PPAF, right? I took about 100 OPKs waiting for my first PPAF each time. Here is a small sampling. The lines would wax and wane. There was not a linear build-up for me. I hope this is it for you!
#136 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 09:33 PM

I'm here!!! I'm so, so, so happy to be here!

Can anyone hardly believe they might actually get another chance to be pregnant and have another little baby around?

My youngest will be 18mos old this month, but it seems like forever since we were TTC, I was pregnant, we had an infant around. I can't wait!
#137 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
What are your temps doing? By OPKs and pains alone, I'd say it was Sunday. FF won't do crosshairs until 3 days of high temps and sometimes it won't do them at all if it doesn't like what you're recording. I always have to override because I get creamy CM after ovulation and it hates that.
I'm not temping. I gave up a while ago because DS still nurses so much and I was temping for months with no sign of O. Sunday sounds right. EWCM starts to dry up right after you O, right?

MrsTC I'm excited too, and it seems a little surreal too. This will be our 3rd too and my DS2 is 15 mos I love TTC, it is so exciting!

#138 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
:: Congrats triplembride! Happy and healthy 9 months, mama!

DustysSweety03, you got a faint + on more than one pg test!? I would be squealing with excitement! I will wait until you come back to and report your BFP with an FRER wildly celebrate with you but it sounds so promising.

because, I'm sorry you're feeling crummy about this cycle... I will keep my fingers crossed for you until AF shows and hope you take good care.

Jilian, I agree that O was probably Saturday night or Sunday early based on what you describe. I am TTC without temping as well, and some of it is just a guessing game, isn't it?

Speaking of which, I wanted to ask you mamas... how much time do you think is between O pains (mittelschmerz) and actual ovulation?

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#139 of 406 Old 09-11-2008, 11:29 PM

blissful_maia~ I'm cautious because last month was a chemical that started with faint +'s at 9/10dpo also.

#140 of 406 Old 09-12-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:

blissful_maia~ I'm cautious because last month was a chemical that started with faint +'s at 9/10dpo also.

I see, I understand your concern. : that this baby sticks, sticks, sticks!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#141 of 406 Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 AM

Hi mamas, just feeling a bit sorry for me--I was hoping my temp would go up today, but it totally did not. It's CD33 and no ovulation yet. I think I'm going to have to night wean, which I am ok with in theory, because we can still have nice nursing sessions during the day, but I know it's not going to be easy. If my dh tries to comfort her instead of me, she just cries and screams for an hour, easily. And wakes up the boys, as well. I don't know what to do. I feel very pms-y right now, too, crampy and very grumpy, so that's not enhancing my mood

Sorry, I wish I could be more upbeat. I know there's nothing interfering with fertility except for nursing, but I got pg while nursing before and was hoping it would happen again as easily. I guess dd is nursing more than ds was at this point. And I kind of wanted to have a baby before next summer--a trivial concern, but still, maybe some of you understand?

Ick. Thanks for reading,
Deb

ETA: eek, did my self-pity kill the thread? I hope not! Anyway, I just took an opk (in the morning rather than the afternoon, but I couldn't resist POASomething.) It was almost positive, so maybe I'm not without hope for the near future?? My saliva test was negative, though...I'm about to go to my annual ob/gyn right now, and maybe she'll be able to tell by cp if I might be about to ovulate? OK, I'll update later

#142 of 406 Old 09-12-2008, 10:36 AM

Sonup: I understand. Don't get discouraged, just do what works best for your family. I do have to say it is possible to still O with a babe nursing around the clock - DS2 nurses ALL NIGHT. I have no idea how I managed to O but I did. But I know it varies from person to person. It looks like your LO is 2, so don't feel bad. You've night nursed for a loooong time. Its not like your are nightweaning an infant. Many moms don't even nurse until 2. You've done well for your dd!

#143 of 406 Old 09-12-2008, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTC View Post
I'm here!!! I'm so, so, so happy to be here!

Can anyone hardly believe they might actually get another chance to be pregnant and have another little baby around?

My youngest will be 18mos old this month, but it seems like forever since we were TTC, I was pregnant, we had an infant around. I can't wait!

Welcome. Let me know where you would like to be. Waiting to O, TWW, Waiting to be ready?

Quote:

I know your waiting to be sure so just let me know when your ready to move to September Success Stories

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#144 of 406 Old 09-12-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplembride View Post
BFP!!!!!!!! OMG FINALLY

:::::::
Congrats, triplembride!!!! :

Quote:

triplembride~ Congrats::

Crossing my fingers for you DustysSweety! It looks like a BFP!

OK, so, ummm, my chart is really confusing me. According to FF, I may have O'd on CD9! I usually O on CD17-24 and I didn't have any EWCM. I did start taking 150mg of B6 on CD5 since my LP has been short since AF returned. Do you think that could have moved up my O date? What about my CM?

I assume that my temps will fall again this week and the crosshairs will disappear. I guess the only bright side is that if I really did O we might have DTD at the right time. However, I'm sure I didn't O. Right?

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#145 of 406 Old 09-12-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Sonup: I understand. Don't get discouraged, just do what works best for your family. I do have to say it is possible to still O with a babe nursing around the clock - DS2 nurses ALL NIGHT. I have no idea how I managed to O but I did. But I know it varies from person to person. It looks like your LO is 2, so don't feel bad. You've night nursed for a loooong time. Its not like your are nightweaning an infant. Many moms don't even nurse until 2. You've done well for your dd!
: ITA with what Jilian said, mama. Though, it sounds like your body is gearing up to ovulate now! That's great. Have you had a PPAF yet? My body waits a long time (this time was almost 23 months) before resuming cycling again, but I have regular cycles after that. And my dd nurses continuously at night (for about 8 hours) as well as 4-5 times during the day!

#146 of 406 Old 09-12-2008, 12:47 PM

Kristin0105, could I be moved to TWW?

I'm nearly 100% sure I ovulated yesterday (CD15) as today my cervix is more closed (though still high... is that normal/common?) and my CM has gone from clear egg-white to more creamy/sticky. Also, my wicked O pains are gone! Does anyone else who feels mittelschmerz switch sides each month? I know they say it's random, but mine has always been left, right, left, etc... This month was right! :

#147 of 406 Old 09-12-2008, 05:05 PM

congrats triplem! How exciting!

Deb/sonup-- so frustrating! Maybe you are still going to O, though. I don't want to nightwean either... not that it doesn't sound heavenly, it just doesn't feel like the right time. Last time I gave up with putting her to sleep (she had been nursing for over an hour) and asked my DH to step in, she cried so hard that she threw up, so I just can't do it.
I have been trying to cute back on nursing, but I am doing it during the day. I am with her all day, so we just stay extra busy in the morning, nurse for nap, then I try to do something in the late afternoon out of the house. I don't do things like sit on the couch, if I think it will lead to her wanting to nurse. Sometimes she asks and I re-direct. If she really, really wants to nurse, we do. Some days (I have been doing this for about a week) she only nurses when she wakes up, for nap (but a lot then) and then to sleep at night (plus lots at night).

Anyhow, she seems good with it, and I have noticed that sometimes if I agree to nurse, but then still distract her with something else, that works really well to not nurse-- it is almost like she just wants to know that she CAN do it.

I'm not trying to wean, just trying to get my cycles more regulated, lengthen LP, etc.

On that note, I have had ferning yesterday afternoon and this AM (saliva test). Today is CD 10, so that is better than last month, when I think I O'd on CD16. Since my cycles tend to be short, I am more optimistic if I O early.

bdoody11, I would love to help, but I suck at charting.

blissful maia-- sounds like everything is going well.. happy 2ww!

DustysSweety-- any news?

because--- I am sorry.:

mama to Ingrid (11/06) and Louisa (5/29/09):
#148 of 406 Old 09-12-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Aw, thanks--and it's very nice to hear it is possible to o while still nursing a lot! And for nightweaning--if I could just have an 8 hour stretch with no nursing at night, I'd call that nightweaned for now--that sounds blissful!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody11 View Post
OK, so, ummm, my chart is really confusing me. According to FF, I may have O'd on CD9! I usually O on CD17-24 and I didn't have any EWCM. I did start taking 150mg of B6 on CD5 since my LP has been short since AF returned. Do you think that could have moved up my O date? What about my CM?

I assume that my temps will fall again this week and the crosshairs will disappear. I guess the only bright side is that if I really did O we might have DTD at the right time. However, I'm sure I didn't O. Right?
Hmm, it does kind of look like you might have o'd, but you're right, you'll just have to wait and see what the future temps are. At least you dtd at the right time--that would be cool to o so early! I hope the next few days show what's up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post
: ITA with what Jilian said, mama. Though, it sounds like your body is gearing up to ovulate now! That's great. Have you had a PPAF yet? My body waits a long time (this time was almost 23 months) before resuming cycling again, but I have regular cycles after that. And my dd nurses continuously at night (for about 8 hours) as well as 4-5 times during the day!
Thanks so much, I appreciate the inspiration! I do hope I still might ovulate. I've had one ppaf right after dd turned 24 months, but I'm not sure if I ovulated for that cycle or not. So this is only my first "real" cycle. I know, I know, I'm impatient. With DS I got my first ppaf around 21-22 months and then my next cycle was regular.

And congrats on o'ing and being in the tww!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATruck View Post
Deb/sonup-- so frustrating! Maybe you are still going to O, though. I don't want to nightwean either... not that it doesn't sound heavenly, it just doesn't feel like the right time. Last time I gave up with putting her to sleep (she had been nursing for over an hour) and asked my DH to step in, she cried so hard that she threw up, so I just can't do it.
I have been trying to cute back on nursing, but I am doing it during the day. I am with her all day, so we just stay extra busy in the morning, nurse for nap, then I try to do something in the late afternoon out of the house. I don't do things like sit on the couch, if I think it will lead to her wanting to nurse. Sometimes she asks and I re-direct. If she really, really wants to nurse, we do. Some days (I have been doing this for about a week) she only nurses when she wakes up, for nap (but a lot then) and then to sleep at night (plus lots at night).

Anyhow, she seems good with it, and I have noticed that sometimes if I agree to nurse, but then still distract her with something else, that works really well to not nurse-- it is almost like she just wants to know that she CAN do it.

I'm not trying to wean, just trying to get my cycles more regulated, lengthen LP, etc.

On that note, I have had ferning yesterday afternoon and this AM (saliva test). Today is CD 10, so that is better than last month, when I think I O'd on CD16. Since my cycles tend to be short, I am more optimistic if I O early.
Yay for ferning!
Nice to hear my dd is not the only toddler who only wants mama to fall asleep I was reading the no-cry sleep solution again and am going to try a few of her tips for reducing night nursings. I enjoy the daytime nursing and the nursing to sleep, so would like to keep those and get rid of the multiple nursings upon waking at night.

My dr. appt went well--she's going to test some stuff (thyroid) at cd3 of my next cycle and progesterone at 9dpo whenever I do ovulate.
I love my ob/gyn, but this was the first time I've shown her a BBT chart and she does not seem to have a high opinion of them. I just find that odd. They're pretty simple, what's the big deal? She pointed to the temp on cd17 and said maybe I o'd then. Of course not, that's just one high temp. Oh well. She likes OPKs and suggested I just use those. I didn't have time to go into all the advantages and benefits of charting, of course. And she thinks I won't o this cycle since I've never had long cycles and am on cd33 now. Well, that's like throwing down the gauntlet, right? So now it's like a challenge! LOL Ok, I'm being silly. Thanks for reading!

Deb

#149 of 406 Old 09-12-2008, 06:50 PM

I guess you can take me off the list since I'm no longer a nursing mama. Still waiting for first PP AF.
#150 of 406 Old 09-12-2008, 07:54 PM

DustysSweety03, the suspense is killing me! ???

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page