What did your implantation feel like... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 09-03-2008, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you could feel it at all?

I sort of had a 'dull ache'...like and all over dull ache (and not even something I could compare to period cramps) down in the uterus area of my body all day yesterday... Today ive had a few sharper aches (not really like pins and needles, but a slight tickling feeling I guess) in the area close to where I assume my left ovary is...

And now..spotting today? 7DPO!!!???

Could not be my period spotting? - Looks nothing like my period spotting!
Am I over analysing? lol (of course I am )
Ive got a photo of it! lol - A tiny little bit (you can tell how tiny because I put a pen dot next to it! lol) in with my cervical fluid!...Ive been checking since ive been in the 'implantation' period of the 2ww! lol

Oh please God let this be it!... Stick baby stick! I wasnt very hopeful because of my temps but now im a bit hopeful and I keep worrying that if I cough im going to cough the baby out! lmao...I feel if I am too hopeful, it will be taken away from me (silly I know )...So Distraction time!!!

But what do you think?
Does it look like your spotting?
What did your implantation feel like...if you could feel it or thought you felt it?! hehe

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#2 of 27 Old 09-03-2008, 04:10 PM

Never knew at all with my 2 boys. Never even spotted with them.

Sorry no help but I hope it sticks for you!

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
#3 of 27 Old 09-03-2008, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I felt a sort of a stitch (like, sharp and very centralized) in the lower middle of my abdomen, pretty deep in, 6 days after ovulation. It was over very quickly, but I do remember it being noticeable that I almost said "ow" and I definitely thought "what was THAT?"

I also had the faintest bit of pink mucus on my TP the next day, but I wouldn't have noticed it if the lighting weren't right, I weren't paying attention, etc.

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#4 of 27 Old 09-03-2008, 04:57 PM

I had the same thing last night (like 2am, I'm 6DPO today) it actually hurt enough to where it felt alot like early contractions in labor to me, but only lasted about 15 minutes. No spotting for me though.
#5 of 27 Old 09-03-2008, 09:31 PM

with my first,it felt like someone was sticking a skewer into my uterus and twisting it around and around and around and around.......
I didn't feel a blessed thing with the other four.
fingers crossed for you,
p.s everytime I see a post of yours,I crave milk chocolate digestives and hobnobs!!LOL
I have been here seven years and not had a packet !!I must call my Mum and get her to add them to my list for her visit!!Poor woman,The amount of marmite,pg tips,infacare,karvol and other bit she luggs out every trip makes me know that she lurrrrvvvvveeeess me:0)

Good luck,
BTW your son is A-dorable

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#6 of 27 Old 09-04-2008, 01:18 PM

oh, ann_of_loxley, I'm in implantation obsession mode too!

While I haven't noticed any spotting, I did experience some sort of of pain the other day. However, it could just be another adhesion coming loose - I get these small pains on a daily basis.

Well, for better or worse, we will know in a short time!
#7 of 27 Old 09-04-2008, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
No pain but I did have implantation bleeding with #3. Two days of light spotting, a couple days later I started feeling achy/crampy like AF was coming but it didn't!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#8 of 27 Old 09-04-2008, 05:05 PM

With my 1st I had no clue. With my 2nd baby I had menstrual type cramps, though not as bad as typical AF cramps... just annoying. I was out with some friends and started off drinking and then quickly changed to soda as I suddenly thought I just might be pregnant!! LOL!
#9 of 27 Old 09-04-2008, 07:46 PM

Oh my goodness, Ann_of_Loxley. We are soooo in the same boat! I am in total Implantation-Obsession mode today, too!

Here's my timeline:
I was fertile between Aug 27-Aug 31. DH and I "did the deed" every other day.

Friday, Aug 29: Ovulation test was ALMOST positive around Noon... by 11pm I finally saw a patch of good E.W. CF and DTD 15 minutes later. (By the way.. my OB/GYN told me to try to "DTD" BEFORE the Ovulation test turns 100% positive... so this time, I tried that).
That night as I was laying in bed (pelvis propped up, of course)... in my head I was thinking "If there was ever perfect timing... that had to be it".

I didn't want to say too much to my hubby.. in fact, I didn't even tell him that I was possibly ovulating because I didn't want to put too much pressure on it. But the next day I started writing down every little thing that I was feeling. And it's weird - I did feel a little different in my abdomen - but still kind of brushed it off because I know that your horomones don't even start to change until Implantation about 5-7 days later.

So, I marked my calendar for 5-7 days and wrote "Watch for implantation bleeding". Well..... here we are... 5 or 6 days later... and I just saw the tiniest little streak of pink-ish red when I went to the bathroom to check!!!! AND my abdomen has been feeling a little crampy!
Just in case, I have been laying on the couch trying not to do much. I don't know if that makes a difference (I'm assuming it doesn't really, but after one Chemical Pregnancy I'm not taking any chances!)

The crampiness that I have been feeling has been all-over my lower abdomen (not a localized, stabbing pain like many others have described). My lower tummy is a little bloated and sensitive (to the point where I don't want to wear tight fitting pants or a belt because it's uncomfortable. And I get the weird "fluttering" feeling / non-painful cramping when I'm not even thinking about it (hoping this isn't all in my head!).

I could be totally and completely wrong, but either way - I HAVE HOPE!!!!!! I have my fingers crossed for you, too!

Please keep us all updated on your test results. I would love to know if this was truly implantation like we're all hoping!
#10 of 27 Old 09-04-2008, 07:53 PM

Well... I don't really remember with my son. But 2 days ago at 8 DPO I had a tiny bit of tan/brown spotting and then for all day the next day I had mild cramping. I thought TOM was coming. Then I had a short episode of "seeing stars" (literally just saw a bunch of tiny lights)...this did happen with my son too and is what prompted me to test. Today at 10 DPO I got a very clear BFP. I am still in shock and hoping it sticks but trying to be calm about it if it doesn't.

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
#11 of 27 Old 09-04-2008, 07:59 PM

It felt like I had done a ton of sit ups and was sore in my abd area, and it felt tightened. I never had implantation bleeding.
#12 of 27 Old 09-04-2008, 08:09 PM

Congratulations, Abigail_B!!!!!

It's so wonderful to hear the that the BFP signs DO exist!!! =o)

Can't wait to hear about everyone else!
#13 of 27 Old 09-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD143 View Post

The crampiness that I have been feeling has been all-over my lower abdomen (not a localized, stabbing pain like many others have described). My lower tummy is a little bloated and sensitive (to the point where I don't want to wear tight fitting pants or a belt because it's uncomfortable. And I get the weird "fluttering" feeling / non-painful cramping when I'm not even thinking about it (hoping this isn't all in my head!).

I could be totally and completely wrong, but either way - I HAVE HOPE!!!!!! I have my fingers crossed for you, too!

Please keep us all updated on your test results. I would love to know if this was truly implantation like we're all hoping!
This is exactly how it felt for me!! Good luck, fingers crossed for you!!

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
#14 of 27 Old 09-05-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail_b View Post
This is exactly how it felt for me!! Good luck, fingers crossed for you!!
Oh My Goodness!!!! That is sooooo good to hear ~ Thank You! =o)

I haven't said anything to my hubby about my feelings & symptoms yet... it's going to be hard to keep a secret, but I'm hoping to surprise him with the results if this is "IT".

I will definitely come back and Post the results of my Pregnancy Test as soon as I take one. I promise!!
#15 of 27 Old 09-05-2008, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Well I tested yeasterday, 8 DPO and got a bfn! lol...But its too soon and I tested in the middle of the day so not even the first pee in the morning!...I am going to try and hold out until at least Monday - that will be 12DPO then and that will be a day longer than my average LP. Oh here is hoping!

My 'new' symtom is that my nipples feel tingly...like how they feel when your foot falls asleep or something. Boobs are still sure sore but they usually are before AF anyhow. They were super sore last cycle and I thought that was it so im not counting that as a sign for this cycle lol...However, I think another sign could be that my skin is still clear...no spots!...I usually start getting spots when AF is on its way but when I was pregnant with DS, my skin was sooooo GOOD and CLEAR! lol

Still trying not to be too hopeful though.

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#16 of 27 Old 09-05-2008, 10:54 AM

ann_of_loxley and LaurieD143, I'm feeling so hopeful and excited for you. I can't wait to hear about your BFPs!!!

I'm loving life with my DH and DS (2/28/10) and expecting the surprise of my life in September! belly.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif

#17 of 27 Old 09-05-2008, 03:11 PM

Thank You, LibraryMo!! I hope this is it, too... but still don't want to get too excited.

I am still feeling that weird dull ache / crampy feeling in my abdomen this morning... but my boobs aren't sore at all yet. Started to feel a little "something" in my nipples, but not enough to get excited.

Zenproofstella - that's weird that you mentioned your skin this morning! When I put make-up on this morning, I couldn't help but think "Wow - my skin is finally starting to clear up and look smooth". Which is weird, because I have had the worst skin for the past MONTH STRAIGHT. Maybe there's something to it... or maybe my body is finally taking pity on me and letting me look NORMAL for a change! (Kind of hard to look sexy for my hubby when I look like I'm 14 again). LOL
#18 of 27 Old 09-05-2008, 03:46 PM

Hey ladies... can I join you in analyzing our cramps!! LOL!!

I have been having O type cramps for a couple of days and now today the cramps are different... they are more like an achey feeling in my lower tummy - hard to explain... it kind of feels like gas cramps or like I had a charley horse or something in my stomache. Very strange... oh, I am 7 dpo at this point. I had implantation cramping (at least I think it was) around 5-7 days with my last baby, so I keeping thinking maybe??

However... it's not very likely that we would have concieved as I O'd on Friday I think and though we did dtd Friday, he pulled out (sorry TMI) and we did dtd Sunday morning, but I think it would be unlikely for the egg to still be viable at that point. I dont' have sore bbs yet or anything like that at this point. I figure I will just have to wait a bit to see what happens, thinking I am just imagining things though! LOL!! Wouldn't be the first time!
#19 of 27 Old 09-05-2008, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryMo View Post
ann_of_loxley and LaurieD143, I'm feeling so hopeful and excited for you. I can't wait to hear about your BFPs!!!

Aww thank you!...I am glad someone is hopeful! hehe

#20 of 27 Old 09-06-2008, 02:01 PM

when does this occur? most people are talking about 7dpo is that the soonest you would feel it? ANNNNNND when do the symptoms start? (I m sure this is an age old question but for those who already got bfp i am curious- was it right away or did it take a week?)

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#21 of 27 Old 09-06-2008, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

I have read that implantation can happen between (on average) day 6-10 after ovulation. Obviously sometimes it can happen sooner and sometimes it can happen later though! hehe

And I have no idea when the symptoms start. I would love to say my super sore boobs are a symptom but they have been sore since I ovulated!

Dont quote me on this...but I dont think your body actually knows its pregnant until the egg implants becuase its when the egg implants that it becomes a part of you and sends out those hormones that tell your body 'theres a baby in here! - Stop the flow and lets grow!' and that hormone is what you can then pick up on a pregnancy test!

#22 of 27 Old 09-06-2008, 08:40 PM

gotcha! thanks.

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#23 of 27 Old 09-06-2008, 09:06 PM

IF what I was feeling on Thursday (Sept 4) was truly implantation... (and that's a big "IF").

When do you think I should start to POAS???

I had marked my calendar for Tuesday Sept 9th, but I'm hoping that I can start testing a little bit earlier than that. My AF is due Saturday, Sept 13th and I am usually right-on-time.

Any thoughts???
#24 of 27 Old 09-06-2008, 11:49 PM

I just got a BFP testing 3 days after my implantation dip...it's faint but there, hope that helps. =)
#25 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 12:12 AM

Yes, it does!
I think I might POAS tomorrow morning... just for the heck of it.... No expectations.

:

THANKS! And a big CONGRATULATIONS to you on the BFP!!!!
#26 of 27 Old 09-07-2008, 12:22 AM

Thanks and best of luck! I've been obsessively POAS every 3 or 4 hours today, LOL, they've gotten slightly darker. =)
#27 of 27 Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
I sort of had a 'dull ache'...like and all over dull ache (and not even something I could compare to period cramps) down in the uterus area of my body all day yesterday... Today ive had a few sharper aches (not really like pins and needles, but a slight tickling feeling I guess) in the area close to where I assume my left ovary is...

And now..spotting today? 7DPO!!!???
Hey there! I know I keep bugging you.... Sorry!
But just curious about how you're feeling since you got a Pre-BFP / faint-evap line / streaky dye / dare I say... Positive result?!?!

I'm wondering because ever since the day I had what I thought could possibly be implantation cramping (as you described above), I haven't really felt any different. The cramping eventually went away the next day, and since then everything has been semi-normal. No sore boobs... nothing.

Have you been feeling pretty normal? Or is there anything sticking out to you, symptom-wise??

Can't wait to hear from you tomorrow morning after you take a test!!! I know I'll be jumping on my computer first thing in the a.m. to see you bragging about your BFP!!! Can't wait!! So happy for you!

Just in case... here's a little extra positive thinking coming your way!

Laurie
:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page