Do high post-o temps = PG? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-03-2008, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another question from the newbie! Could you gals pretty pretty please take a look at this?

I can't even link to a chart b/c I'm so lame and I only started charting on day 8 but here goes. I temp between 7-7:30 AM. We only did it twice (Day 12 and 15.) My cycle is either 28 or 30 days. I think I recall someone here saying that you can't tell PG by post-O temps but ... Whaddaya think?

Day 8: 98.1
9: 97.8
10: 97.7
11: 98.0
12: 97.6: did it
13: 97.7 - wet CM
14: 97.3 - v. wet CM
15: 98.0 - (is this the O date?) v. wet CM - did it
16: 97.5 - ewcm, actually (wtf?)
17: 98.1 - drying up
18: 98.2 - ditto
19: 98.2 - ditto
20: 98.3

I know this is paltry info but ... I've suddenly become slightly obsessed!

TIA!!!

Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned homebirth.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2008, 02:37 AM

Those aren't really high post O temps to me and I sleep with my mouth open which lowers them more, do you? They look pretty normal to me. Hmm this is actually hard for me to picture without being able to see the chart. I would guess maybe the 16th based on the CM but it's throwing me off you had temps in the 98s before that. I'd give it a few days and you might see more of a temp shift?

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
Old 09-04-2008, 02:45 AM

If you use fertility friend if you will click on Sharing at the left then look right under were it says Your Charting Home Page Web Address: then copy and paste the code there under it you can link to your chart.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 09-04-2008, 02:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Are you sure the EWCM was EWCM and not semen? Based on those temps I would say m aybe CD16, but it's hard to tell because there hasn't really been a clear shift since you had 3 temps at & above 98.0 in the 8 days before that.... but, if this is your first cycle charting you might just not quite have the hang of the temping yet.... if your temps stay above 98.0 for 4 or 5 more days, then I think there would be a clear pattern to the temps.

FWIW you can start an online chart at any time. Just go back and input menstruation for the first day of your period and it will let you start temping on CD8 after that.

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
Old 09-04-2008, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone - I thought I had seen that if you have high temps after you o-ed that it might be PG?

I'm still waiting for my freakin' TCOYF book from bn.com, so it's all kind of a shot in the dark. The TTC bug just hit me particularly hard for some reason this month.

I'm going to look into creating an online chart today - just have not had time.

Oh - and Aufila - my daughter's name is Vivian too!

Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned homebirth.jpg

Old 09-04-2008, 04:33 PM

High temps after o just show you oed for the most part if your chart goes triphasic then that can be a indication but you can have a triphasic chart without being pg.

Honestly the only thing charting does is tell you if you are oing or not and if you have a normal length LP. If your LP (luteal phase) time between O and AF is longer than 18 days that is a indication of pg.

Once you chart for awhile you can get a idea that you might be pg but still isnt fool proof.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 09-04-2008, 11:39 PM

According to TCOYF, the average temps pre-o are between 97.0 and 97.5. After ovulating, pregnant or not they are between 97.5 and 98.5. When you are pregnant they stay in the high range, or go even higher. It all depends. You can stalk other people's charts for an idea. I've seen a few (Kriket- I believe) that just got pregnant and her temp was 98.8 or so. But temps can go up and down on a daily basis. You can stalk our charts or go to fertilityfriend.com and stalk tons of charts to get an idea before your book arrives.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks again everyone - the book arrived today, finally! Yay!

From reading it and your wonderful responses - My guess is that we DTD on the 15 and I o-ed on the 14th - so who knows. I'm basically counting on the fact that we're not PG and this is practice!

User Tag List