40+ TTC -- Falling Pregnant in the Autumn! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 440 Old 11-08-2008, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Karen: No, my 10/1 cycle was very abnormal for me. My LP is usually 11-13 days long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 440 Old 11-08-2008, 09:21 PM

Well that's good!!

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
#423 of 440 Old 11-09-2008, 01:48 PM

Pinion, I don't know your whole story either, or Echo's, but I am thinking of you both and your family and sending lots of love and healing vibes.
She sounds like a very funny little girl. My DD is like that too, the things she comes out with sometimes just kill me.

9 DPO

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#424 of 440 Old 11-09-2008, 02:59 PM

tuwamare-thanks for the good wishes and congrats on dh making it home safely. i am very grateful that he is home safe. now i just have to get him on this time zone!

we have our first appt w/fertil doc on 19th, i need to go get the pregnancy for dummies book. between the two of us we have about 4 advanced degrees but let me tell you, this is something no one teaches anyone about, meanwhile my hubb is cracking me up because some of the questions he asks me are hysterical.

so i am definitely getting a beginner book for us before we go to the real doc. i don't want to ask these kinds of questions to the doc. i need some type of base knowledge. it is pretty funny though. i told him if he would "just do it right this cycle, we wont have to go through all the mess of fertility issues". well that sprouted more really funny questions!! but we have to still wait a good week or so before we can start looking for af or the absence thereof!! that would be nice for lots of reasons....

you know i finally saw the change in temp in the chart! wonders never cease, so i watched the temp stay same, then drop, then it did go up and stayed up there for 2/3 days, and then for some reason (user error??) it went down again this morning. why would it do that? i thought it would stay up in the higher range until either af arrived or if we did make baby, so i'm kind of confused on that one too?? thaks for the advice and the ears and the well wishes. B
#425 of 440 Old 11-09-2008, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Pregnancy, Childbirth & the Newborn by Simkin, Kinney & Whalley is good for basics about pregnancy. I don't think it covers much about TTC though. Penny Simkin's The Birth Partner is good too for partners wanting to know what to do during a hospital birth.

Other good pregnancy books include anything by Sheila Kitzinger, The Natural Pregnancy book by Aviva Jill Romm, Birthing in the Spirit by Cathy Daub and Birthing From Within by Pam England is good for addressing fears concerning labor.

Of course, none of these books really cover TTC... they are picking it up from that positive test and going from there. If you really want to know how to deal with natural birth and avoid the hospital scene, Sheila Stubb's Birthing the Easy Way by Someone Who Did It the Hard Way is funny, poignant and wonderful.
#426 of 440 Old 11-09-2008, 04:32 PM

Hi Everyone -

I just placed an age specific (over 40) poll question in the TTC sub-forum and need your input.

Here's the link ----

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=996259

TIA - Kate

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

#427 of 440 Old 11-09-2008, 04:56 PM

Kate - I voted other because I really don't know other than I never plan to use BC again!

Bryn - You should pick up Taking Charge of Your Fertility which should give you a lot of the answers you are looking for. Can you put in a link for your chart so that we can see it? We may be able to answer your question about temps better if we can see your pattern.

Since I am a newbie here I was wondering at what point will this thread end and a new one begin? Just asking because we're already 22 pages long.

#428 of 440 Old 11-09-2008, 11:22 PM

Kate, I answered 50 - 55, b/c I'm nearing 45 and feel like I've got so much life ahead of me. Every year seems to fly by, so what's another 10?

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#429 of 440 Old 11-10-2008, 12:53 AM

Hi, I'm new to this site and was wondering if there are many 40+ women ttc. I would love to hear any advice on trying to expand my family. Am I crazy???
I'm having a consultation tom. with fertility doc. not sure what to ask, I'M 45 what am I thinking. Is this normal??
Thanks for listening.
#430 of 440 Old 11-10-2008, 01:25 AM

to MDC Shelly and especially to the 40+ threads of which there are many...so yes I think it's normal to have babies in your 40's. I've been pregnant three times (1st month trying too) after 40. Although two didn't make it, so yes, there's that increased chance of m/c or some other problem but it's not that much more of a risk than for someone under 40. I've gone the natural route so I'm not much help in that area, but I'm sure some of the mamas here are sure to chime in on their experiences. We are definitely a group of determined women...

I wish you all the best luck in the world because if you haven't heard already 45 is the NEW 35 according to Plum magazine.

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

#431 of 440 Old 11-10-2008, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Shelly! Let me know if you'd like me to add you to the first post of Hopefuls.

While I have not gone to a fertility dr and won't (we do have several children, but we are always open to be blessed with more), I wish you much success on your journey. Many of the ladies here have read "The Infertility Cure" by Randine Lewis and had some luck with Traditional Chinese Medicine as outlined in the book. It helps balance your body's hormones and such.
#432 of 440 Old 11-10-2008, 11:50 AM

even though i am NASTY today, foul foul mood. not a good sign. that plus my temp is still low today. i am not sure how to post my chart, i will have to mess with that one? any easy suggestions?

i am going to bookstore today, along w/errand running, i need to get out of house, i know that our 'attempt' this month has not worked, call it instinct or just the foul mood!! plus i kind of already figured unless we were just super lucky that the first round would probably be odds agains us! but i was hopeful because i know dh was full of that 'im coming home after a year of deployment and gonna knock up the old wife right away!' so i tried to have that attitude as well! and you never know right? but i dont think things went that well!! maybe? i mean i still dont have AF but not expecting until about 6 more days?

i did read that the temp goes up, and it should stay that way for at least 12-18 days, and that a drop after a few days indicated that it probably did not work, or there was something about a 'triphastic' (SP??) phase, but that is the other reason i need at least the fertility book and one other to educate myself more. and i need another month or two of charting.

but DH is on my nerves already!! poor guy. he is doing a TON of projects around the house so he is kind of overwhelming me. i know he is happy to be home, but since i am clearly hormonal i am not in mood for a ton of projects!! he is a coral reef aquarium keeper w/saltwater exotics, i have been in charge of the monster set up for over a year, and he is 'fixing' all the mess i created!!! he was lucky i did not kill much in the tanks! but i did successfully breed one of the fishes and he (yes HE) had the babies yesterday in the early morning, so that made hub happy.

we have our real baby doc appt on 19th, i am going to read this week, and hopefully the next round we can do better job! plus i want to know what to accept and what to refuse from the doc as far as drugs or tests or procedures.

as a follow up to one question below, is this the only thread for the 40+TTC? i did not see any others, but this one is getting long!

good day to all, hopefully my mood will improve, i hope it cant get much worse! B

ps: one question, it seems i am stuck w/male fertility doc and i dont want to sound 'sexist' but i dont want a man. anyone out there with preference or good exp. w/male fertility doc?? i just refuse to believe that he could know what i was talking about with EVERYTHING. i would never pretend that i know what a man was really feeling!
Thanks again, B
#433 of 440 Old 11-10-2008, 12:11 PM

Shelly - Welcome! I just turned 47 and we are still TTC so no, I don't think you're crazy!!

Bryn - The post your chart link you need to find the url for your chart (do you use Fertility Friend? If so, to find the link go to your chart homepage, click on "sharing" on the left, then "homepage setup" and you will find your link there.) Once you get the link for your chart you need to copy and paste it into a post with [ url ] in front of the link and [ /url ] at the end of the link (remove the spaces inside the brackets.) A triphasic chart does really mean anything since women get them when PG or not PG, and not all women who are PG get triphasic charts. If you can't get access to the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book then you can go the the website (tcoyf.com) and click the Fertility Awareness Method (FAM) link or go to Fertility Friend's website and get some information there. FYI, being hormonal and cranky may be a good sign if that's not normal for you!

#434 of 440 Old 11-10-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my other age is 34 View Post

good day to all, hopefully my mood will improve, i hope it cant get much worse! B
to you. Hope your day is getting better already!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#435 of 440 Old 11-10-2008, 12:52 PM

okay, i am so computer messy and im still grouchy so maybe this worked???

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/23d6af

is that how i link my chart? if not sorry, and let me know what i did wrong!!
B
#436 of 440 Old 11-10-2008, 01:09 PM

Yes, ma'am! That is correct! And you can add your chart link to your siggy, too, so that we can always stalk your chart! Anyway, based on your chart I would say that you have NOT ovulated yet. There is a possibility that CD13 was the day but your temps before that are too high to confirm. Are you taking your temps at the same time every day before you get out of bed? Your temps are pretty rocky. Are you taking them vaginally or orally? Are you checking your CM and cervix and if so, what are they?

#437 of 440 Old 11-10-2008, 02:34 PM

We can close this thread and open a new one anytime. We normally seem to do it seasonally but lately we have had lots of discussion here so it has gotten long.

I will go start a new thread and link it here.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#438 of 440 Old 11-10-2008, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

:

It is also common to have a dip fairly early. Some women experience one around implantation. But I agree with Karen... it doesn't look like you have ovulated yet. FF will give you red crosshairs at ovulation. Take a look at my chart... it is fairly typical at this point. I have the TCOYF book and it has really helped me understand my chart over the years.

As massaginmommy stated, we usually restart our thread seasonally... any takers for winter? I don't mind continuing for winter if no one else feels they have the time. I know winter doesn't technically start until late December, but we can start it this month... maybe next week?
#439 of 440 Old 11-10-2008, 03:05 PM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...1#post12580001
Here is the link to the new thread.
I just copied all the front page info over. I can take it if you want Toni.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#440 of 440 Old 11-13-2008, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoodbuns View Post
Kate, I answered 50 - 55, b/c I'm nearing 45 and feel like I've got so much life ahead of me. Every year seems to fly by, so what's another 10?
:

...until meno hits me, I'm giving it all I got

waitin' for my baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page