BFP Testimonials - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 79 Old 05-09-2009, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have four children and had one miscarriage last year in April so I was definitely ready to try again this year for number five. I tested five days before my AF flow and felt I'd missed my chance and was a little bummed. A couple days later I was getting in the shower and my boobs looked bigger...hmmm? With four other children you just don't notice these things unless they are blatantly obvious. So I tested again that night which would have been a couple of days before my AF. It showed a negative and I got distracted putting the kids away for the evening. I woke up the next morning and saw I left the test sitting out on the counter...yeah I know-Uch! So I grabbed it and was just about to toss it in the trash when I noticed the ever-so-faint extra pink line. At first I was confused...then elated! I guess I just hadn't waited long enough and I was just barely pregant! The line is very clear and bold now. Hot Pink! I now know when I am most fertile! My body had been telling me all along. I get ovulation pains and that is the time to have the humpfest...at least for me it is! This panel has been so awesome and so helpful...I've never seen a babysite to match it, and I've been to quite a few! Best of luck!
#62 of 79 Old 05-25-2009, 07:38 AM

I got my BFP on 13dpo a few days ago.

This is our first or second month trying depending on how you look at it. I started thinking I might be pregnant because of the following reason:

1. dull backache starting at around 8 or 9 dpo
2. implantation dip
3. triphasic chart
4. mild nausea at around 11/12 dpo
5. I normally have toothache and sore throat when I PMS but I didn't have them this time.
6. more fatigue than usual

My temp dropped on 13 dpo but still above cover line. I freaked out and tested just so if it was BFN I can get it over with and look forward to next cycle. I got a BFP instead!

I am 15 DPO right now, still experiencing backache, weird cramps and twinges in lower abdomen, fatigue, very gassy and occasionally nausea.

good luck to everyone =):
#63 of 79 Old 05-31-2009, 04:56 PM

Wow... first, I'm amazed and so grateful to God for his gifts...

My husband and I decided we were going to try for #2 after a trip we're taking to CA this week. (I had been charting for 6 months anyway--since I started ovulating again while BF #1-- just to get used to my cyle again) BUT.. on Mother's Day (which also happened to be around my typical ovulation day), we decided to give it a shot just to see if we could get pregnant without having to go through the awkward trying sex, per se.

AF time came and left without AF arriving, I took tests and BFN after BFN. I even got a blood test done at 17 DPO to see if I could find out before leaving for CA with a BFN!!! At this point I was totally confused....doubting everything, doubting the belly sickness and heartburn I was feeling, doubting my high temps, doubting my ovulation ability.. I was bummed. At this point, we decided to just wait and test just before we leave for CA. BUT...today I was just feeling soo soo sick and full of heart burn and I said to my hubby, "I just feel like taking a test." He encouraged me to, I did, and to my shock I had a BFP!!!

I'm still in shock, still feeling sick, still having heartburn (all symptoms I didn't have the first time around!) and so happy!

I wish all you mommies the best of luck and lots of sticky baby dust!!! It's a tough, emotional, rollercoaster of a ride, but doesn't it make it the best story to tell after it all?!

xoxo!!

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

#64 of 79 Old 07-17-2009, 06:07 PM

BFP! I think I O'd on July 1st or July 2nd so...15 or 16 dpo. BFNs at 10 and 11 or 9 and 10 dpo on July 11th and 12th. BFP today so let's pray for baby stickage!! :-)

My symptoms - weird dizzy spells when going down stairs SEVERAL times, cramps that felt almost like my fallopian tubes were wiggling or quivering (dont know how else to describe it, it felt like low vibrations branching out to my ovaries, like muscular quivers! weird), peeing often, hungrier a bit more than usual...all subtle things that when put together make me have an "AHA!" moment, though I was still insisting on not P'ing OAS this AM but did it bc my mom was like just do it...also 2 big episodes of incredible nausea when my blood sugar was getting low. i aways get nausea when i'm hungry but this was to the point where i really felt i needed to vomit, which never happens to that point normally.

Also, my period didn't come. It came as a spot of blood when my hubby and I had sex, 4 days late, and there was no other bleeding, so it wasnt a period. and it was bright red--it was more like, my cervix was friable during intercourse and bled when bumped!
#65 of 79 Old 07-17-2009, 06:12 PM

also I definitely have a backache just like i do when im about to get my period. had it for days now. and my nipples started to get sore about 4 dpo, i swear to god, and still are. all normal pre-AF stuff thats why I was totally not psyched to POAS today, expected a negative for sure. and VIVID dreams like insane--last night i drempt about peeing on a stick today; ive been dreaming about breastfeeding, everything. i also get this pre-AF so ANOTHER reason i was writing it off.

im still having cramps today but no spotting at all, in fact my CM is whitish-yellowish..so i am meditating and praying.

AND I CALLED THE HB MIDWIFE I WANT! and scheduled a consultation prior to our month-long backpacking trip we are leaving for in 2 weeks!

(didnt want her to book up before i got back..yeah, she's that busy!) haha.

I AM SO EXCITED can you tell? i started shaking like mad and jumping up and down when i got the first result.
#66 of 79 Old 12-03-2009, 12:03 PM

I've been obsessively reading these stories for months, looking for signs.
So here's mine. I tested twice the last two days with positive results.

1. What felt MOST DIFFERENT about your post ovulation symptoms in your BFP cycle? Did something happen that had never happened in previous cycles? Or - did it feel exactly the same?

I didn't feel different at all -- until I was 1 day late in my normal cycle. I stopped charting temps this month, but paid attention to my cervix. It stayed high, so that was really my first clue. My second clue (at CD 30) was that my boobs all of a sudden felt bigger, sore, like they usually do when my luteal phase peaks. For me, this always happened a few days *before* my period was due, so I wasn't sure if I was just seriously delayed because of the travelling we'd done a few weeks ago. Unless I'm overly stressed, I'm usually a perfect 28-day cycle, and can usually feel AF about to arrive on day 28.
I took a HPT on CD 28, but got a BFN. I had a big decision to make that day, so the test result was important (I gave notice at my job).
On CD 29, I didn't get AF, so we decided to test again the next morning (CD 30). That morning I definitely woke up with sore boobs. The test didn't look like much at first, but after a couple minutes, there was a very faint 2nd line!
Today (CD 31), I tested again with an EPT Digital, and it gave a solid "pregnant". My crazy sore boobs are bigger today than yesterday, and I'm already up a cup size.

2. Did you do anything differently in this cycle, or in preparation of this cycle, that you believe helped you get your BFP.

I've been charting (on paper) for 18 months, and have had perfect 28-day, day-14 O cycles. We've been TTC since June (5 cycles), and I've been taking pre-natal vitamins since May. After a couple of disappointing months of targeting those fertile days, he started taking FertilAid for men vitamins, and we started using PreSeed. A couple months of that, and still nothing. We had read somewhere about a study where men used a mineral combination with vitamin C to boost sperm motility, so he (a scientist) found a published study where the group of men took a superdose of vitamin C, and all conceived within a month. Since vit C is not toxic in high doses, I picked him up a supplement (500mg) from the supermarket. He took 2 per day starting at day 1 of this cycle (1000mg total/day). This was the key that helped us - and we didn't even use PreSeed or FertilAid this month at all.
#67 of 79 Old 12-03-2009, 12:09 PM

Thanks so much for posting, WonderfulStuff, and a big congratulatoins for you.

On another note, I was looking for this thread the other day. Is there any way we can make it sticky so that people can post their success stories here and we can easily read them for encouragement w/out having to lurk on the DDC boards???

ETA: I just PMed a mod asking about it.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#68 of 79 Old 12-03-2009, 12:24 PM

We TTC for 7 months after my miscarriage with no luck. I charted, we DTD at all the right times. Some months we DTD so many times there's no way I couldn't have been pumped full of spermies swimming towards that egg.

The month I got pregnant, my DH was staying an hour away doing the grand opening of a restaurant during the entire week I was supposed to ovulate. He came home in the middle of the night, the very day I was supposed to O, just to...say hello. He had to leave again right away because he had to be at work at 4 the next morning.

I thought there was no hope that month because we only DTD once during my fertile time, I had given up charting because I was so depressed about never getting a BFP, and I wasn't even 100% sure when I ovulated.

My only symptom was random bouts of nausea, starting at like 5 dpo! Then at 8 dpo my DD sat on my abdomen and it was extremely uncomfortable. I tested on 8 dpo and it was negative, of course...as I expected. I vowed not to test for the rest of the cycle.

Except I am a POAS addict, so I had to pee on that last test on the morning on 9 dpo and it was a faint faint veerrrrry faint positive on a FRER test. I woke up my DH to ask him if he saw the second line and he opened one eye, said no, and went back to sleep. I ran to Walmart at 6 in the morning in my PJ's and bought one of every kind of test. As soon as I got home I took an Equate test and a digital test, and the digital test said PREGNANT. (The Equate one was negative...)

I then spent the next few days peeing on all of the rest of the tests I bought, and they were all positive.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#69 of 79 Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Thanks so much for posting, WonderfulStuff, and a big congratulatoins for you.

On another note, I was looking for this thread the other day. Is there any way we can make it sticky so that people can post their success stories here and we can easily read them for encouragement w/out having to lurk on the DDC boards???

ETA: I just PMed a mod asking about it.
its already a sticky (check the TTC Resources Thread sticky at the top of the page, they lowered the number of stickys by starting up a thread that holds them all)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#70 of 79 Old 12-03-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
its already a sticky (check the TTC Resources Thread sticky at the top of the page, they lowered the number of stickys by starting up a thread that holds them all)
Oooooh.... !

Sneaky. Thanks!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#71 of 79 Old 01-04-2010, 06:47 PM

Lets see... lol

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/c...&ts=1262637405

Temps 1dpo-6dpo were slightly lower than normal, after a dip at 6dpo went back up to normal DESPITE that I was sleeping in a freezing cold bedroom.

2dpo: Spotting, totally not normal for me. Was about a quarter sized spot of brownish blood.
5dpo: Nausea set in. Just a bit, felt like I overate (even if I didnt but hey it was just after Christmas so at the time that was all I thought it was) by 10 dpo I was honestly thinking I am sick.
7dpo: My breasts didn't hurt. They ALWAYS hurt by 7dpo. Today is 13dpo and they STILL dont hurt!!!
10dpo: Blood every time I blew my nose. Thought it was just the dry winter air.
12dpo: First BFP that I thought was maybe a BFP but didnt trust completely... 2 more today at 13dpo

Not gassy, no diarrhea even though thats normal pre-af for me

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#72 of 79 Old 01-04-2010, 08:11 PM

1. What felt MOST DIFFERENT about your post ovulation symptoms in your BFP cycle? Did something happen that had never happened in previous cycles? Or - did it feel exactly the same?

You know how you just know? Well I told DH last cycle we'll get pg before Christmas. We got our bfp on Christmas Eve! We didn't do IUI this month but it was still a medicated cycle. We did trigger shot and had timed bms.

I swear by this next part... after sex I would lay off the bed. If you can picture having your legs still on it but your torso on the floor. This way my hips where elevated better than by just using pillows and laying on the bed. I didnt do it for too long, but I think gravity helped DH swimmers!

I tested 10dpo got a faint line so I thought it was the trigger. So I tested again 11dpo.. abit darker.... then at 12dpo I got a really dark 2nd line.

But I kept thinking still it was the trigger shot.... thats how ttc for so long makes you think. I went for a beta test and waited for the nurse to call back. I swear I was waiting for her to say "you're not pregnant" lol but she didnt... beta 125 and progesterone 54.4 !!
2. Did you do anything differently in this cycle, or in preparation of this cycle, that you believe helped you get your BFP.

My first cycle on Tamoxifen from clomid and it worked! I just knew we'd be going out of 2009 with a bang!

I feel very blessed to be pregnant. Its taken on and off 10 yrs to get pregnant again. God has blessed me greatly. I can't wait to dedicate this child to Him!

After trying for over 10yrs our bundle of joy was born on 8/5/10 4lbs 7oz ~Brayden Kelley Ray~Such a miracle~Stole our Hearts~ Gods timing isnt our timing, but His timing is perfect~~
#73 of 79 Old 01-22-2010, 12:04 AM

My temps were WAY higher than usual. Like, crazy high. Almost low-grade fever high. At first I thought that I must have a bug, because they were so high. This was the main reason I decided I was nuts enough to test with a digi at a ridiculously early 10dpo. Lol.

Other than that, I had "symptoms" similar to my pre-AF symptoms, but more intense. Bbs were more sore than usual, noticeable (but tolerable) nausea. And... well, and just "that feeling." Somehow I just knew.

I started using positive affirmations for real (and not just saying them, actually BELIEVING them). I started blogging again, and promised myself it would be totally NON-TTC related. And that I'd reflect on at least one good thing that happened every day. I think this positive thinking REALLY helped!

Also, I laid on my back for longer after the last two insems. And I got a last-minute insem in right on the day of O when I realized I may have insemed too early (my KD ROCKS!!!).

3. Did your chart look particularly different this cycle, than in cycles past? IE: Were the temps completely different, or higher, did they take a different pattern? Did you ovulate later or earlier than usual?

As mentioned above, my post-O temps were just crazy high. Here's the cycle in question.

#74 of 79 Old 04-18-2010, 11:20 PM

Because I have the time, Im no longer bouncing off the walls excited and can sit and read what I went through, I am going to list a bit better what went on during my TWW for yall

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/...rl/?i=3659120&

Pre-O much less EWCM than I usually get... obviously made NO difference

O day ...and I quote
Quote:
But more importantly... none of the previous 3 BDs resulted in feeling semen any run out of me... so that is exciting.

2dpo
went to go potty and saw two little drops of blood in my panties... very abnormal for me. I never spot, even at AF time but especially not at O time! cramping and crabby

5dpo started to not feel so good. Blaming this on the excitement and food from Christmas.

6dpo I had an odd pokey feeling and was convinced I was not pregnant due to that and the weird temp drop.

7dpo
started to think I had a tummy bug (i had been feeling sick for two days at that point and my temp was rising) went out that night and was the last time I drank some very nice white wine. By 7dpo my breasts hurt every cycle... but not this one.

8dpo sick to my stomach... the kids got these toys that stunk SO bad even from the back seat (DF couldnt smell them, to me they smelled like burnt plastic) exhausted (blamed it on staying up all night waiting for DF to come home from drinking and taking care of him while he got sick) Felt hungover enough that DF finally caved and bought me a 2 pack of FRER

9dpo BFN FRER FMU. Still felt sick. Temp was still up convincing me maybe I was just sick. Jumping on the trampolines that night had me have some problems with incontinence (not usually a problem for me) and what felt like RLP and probably was.

10dpo http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...y/P1060770.jpg yeah no doubt about it thats a BFN. I was heartbroken and convinced that that meant I was most definitely not pregnant. Convinced at this point I dont WANT to be pregnant as DF is super excited for our huge wedding and I didnt want to have to cancel it (which we did end up having to cancel) Nose started bleeding each time I blew it. Just a little but odd... wrote it off to dry winter air. sick to the point that while we were bowling I would have to sit down to rest and kept an eye on the bathroom to make sure it was open if I had to run in.

11dpo still sick very moody but df was about to leave That night I thought I saw a line. http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...vampy/bleh.jpg

12dpo breasts still felt fine. Still sort of sick to my tummy. that mornings test: http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...ampy/12dpo.jpg later in the day I got http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5131.jpg but still was not convinced.

13dpo sickness so bad I am finally convinced it is morning sickness. Got my first FRER bfp that morning/afternoon. http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5152.jpg of course, anyone without line-o-vision cannot see it... but it is so very there!

14dpo AF due, doesnt show. A couple more lines on ICs and another one on FRER... still really light but ever so obviously there.

15dpo as I called them... heart crushing signs of AF. Which now I know is perfectly normal pregnancy symptoms! http://canyouseealine.com/hpts/5182.jpg no doubt as of this day.

#75 of 79 Old 07-27-2010, 09:41 PM

I actually didn't have many symptoms. I think I had more symptoms when I wasn't pregnant. The only thing I noticed was around 10dpo, I felt like I was having milk let down. I haven't nursed in 8 yrs! My bbs were very sore, but that always happens between ovulation and AF. I also had many strange dreams. The night before I tested 15dpo, I was going to the bathroom like crazy.

We just dtd on the two days I had ovulation pains.

3. Did your chart look particularly different this cycle, than in cycles past? IE: Were the temps completely different, or higher, did they take a different pattern? Did you ovulate later or earlier than usual?

I don't chart.
#76 of 79 Old 09-13-2010, 11:54 AM

You can find my story here http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1261825 Another weird one!!!

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#77 of 79 Old 01-13-2012, 04:49 PM

Came across this recently, anyone have any stories to add? 

#78 of 79 Old 01-13-2012, 05:27 PM

So many familiar names on here....

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#79 of 79 Old 01-13-2012, 06:37 PM

I have an irregular heart beat, have had it since birth, and it's never been a problem. But early in my first pregnancy I noticed it was aggravated. This bfp cycle, I started having that very same heart aggravation and it reminded me exactly of my first pregnancy. That tipped me off. Also, my skin got super dry and flakey, and my face broke out a little bit, just like last time. It has since cleared, just like last time. I am lucky because my boobs don't really feel different than normal in pregnancy. Thank god because I am still nursing my 2 year old DD and was worried we might have to wean because of pain. Who knows though, i am only 4 weeks at this point, maybe the pain is yet to come. But i kind of doubt it.

I was also crazy thirsty. Still am. And minor heartburn pretty much all the time, which is not normal for me sans pregnancy.

We BD right around ovulation, only once, and we used preseed. Got a Bfp the very same way with DD.

Yeah, my temps kept going up up up and at one point stayed the same for a few days. i kind of laughed because it seemed like my temps were refusing to go higher or lower. If anyone would like to check out my chart, it is in my signature below.

Hope this helps someone!! Baby dust!!!

My BFP chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/389e31

Me (40) DH (37) DD (24months) still breastfeeding around the clock. Planning another home birth with our second, due in September.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page