Zen's Den: House of Spelunk (v.II) - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
zen, we've been sans BC for 12 cycles now (technically 11 months since I've had several shorter 24ish day cycles). friend's/family's useless advice was pretty obnoxious for awhile, but at least playing the cancer card has shut them up. i actually had a friend tell me that "people are infertile because God is trying to tell them to adopt" : so i told her that i didn't think God gave my husband cancer just so we'd consider adopting (especially since we'd talked about adopting in the future, even before finding out he had cancer). of course, then she felt like a huge biotch for saying anything... btw, i also read the ddc boards, so we can be lame together

RABITGRL, so sorry for your loss midwifery care and homebirth are certainly still options for you, but only you will know what feels right for you.

WoodlandFairytale, your spelunk story has got me thinking... we're going to a nearby lake this afternoon, hopefully the puppy will be so busy swimming he won't notice if we disappear for a quickie
#302 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 04:58 PM

*raises hand*

Another DDC reader.
#303 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

OH so good to know I'm not alone in my obsession.

THANKS!!!

Rabitgrl - Yoga...for both. I just need to get REFOCUSED!!!

pittnurse - do you mind if i ask - how is your husband doing??? Is he going through it now, or in remission?

woodland - so far as i know i don't have any serious cystic issues...except for the one that we think ruptured sending me to the hospital in april. that was the first time i'd ever experienced anything like that. my mother and her mother , however, both had fibroids. my moms got so bad she had an emergency hysterectomy about 8 years ago.

aufilia - THANKS! I'm feeling much better today!!
#304 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 05:53 PM

Oh I wanna Play haha!
Im 22 gettin married on New Years Eve and TTC#1.DH to be and I are Nurses. Im OB/GYN and he s Pediatrics. Im currently a nanny as well. We are ttc#1 before the end of this year.Wishing everyone loads of luck:
#305 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 05:55 PM

AHH with the af around the corner i forgot to say that im due to test this saturday which would be the 20th
#306 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse08 View Post
i actually had a friend tell me that "people are infertile because God is trying to tell them to adopt" : so i told her that i didn't think God gave my husband cancer just so we'd consider adopting (especially since we'd talked about adopting in the future, even before finding out he had cancer). of course, then she felt like a huge biotch for saying anything... btw, i also read the ddc boards, so we can be lame together
Gawd, what a dumb thing to say. I'm so sorry about your husband's cancer.

I too have had dumb remarks - one cousin told me that she thinks I'm infertile because I'm meant to adopt (I was like thanks for having confidence that I'll be able to get pregnant) and an aunt said maybe god doesn't want me to have a baby. Unbelievable.

Have fun spelunking by the lake!
#307 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 05:58 PM

ALL, I haven't been here for about 24 hours and gosh, can you people type slower? *lol* I got pages and pages to read now. I skimmed through a bit, and saw many people comment on my stories. Just wanted to thank everyone for reading my "novels". I have no clue what came over me that I wrote so much. Thank you for your attention and for the kind words. Thanks for not labeling me a total cuckoo too.

My temp is still in the higher range of mt chart today. I'm trying not to loose hope. Now gotta go and try to catch up with all those pages and pages of spelunk heaven.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#308 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 06:30 PM

Hi, my name is Erika and I am a DDC-aholic. I can't stop reading those dumb threads! I thought I was the only one.

We have been trying for 9 months--technically it has been 5 cycles, but I think I probably ovulated maybe three times only. Me and one of my best girlfriends were going to be pregnancy buddies. We both stopped taking BC in Nov. and what do you know, she conceived that month! She had baby Alex last month and he is soooo cute and I love to hold him, but I wonder, when will it happen for me?

Aufilia-Thanks! I think it is correct now too. I still hate that they moved the date.

Zen- Saw your thread about the yoga--was going to reply there, but might as well do it here. Do you want a "backup copy" of a yoga for fertility dvd I have. It's called "Fertility Yoga" with Monica Morell, Ph.D--guided relaxation & therapeutic practice. I like it, but I have never done any type of yoga before so I can't compare. Let me know. I haven't tried to copy it, but I am sure it can be. My Husband can copy anything. If any of you can use a copy, let me know. Maybe I can help.

WoodlandFairytale & pittnurse08- I don't know how I would keep myself from telling that friend or family member off. I think my first instinct would be to slug them! Let me know, I'm there!

valeria_vi-your chart is looking good.

Hoping2bamommy-Hi!

gbutterflykissesm-Don't start reading the DDC threads. They are addicting!
#309 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 06:43 PM

zen, dh has been all clear for almost 4 years, oct 21st is the official anniversary of the surgery that confirmed that all of his metastases were killed by the chemo. according to his oncologist (who also treated lance armstrong - who btw i just saw a pic of with ashley olson... CREEPY!) the fact that he has had no recurrence within the first 2 years means that he is essentially "cured". which is fantastic, but unfortunately the spermies don't seem to appreciate being attacked with 4 rounds of chemo and having surgery that affects their usual escape route http://www.acor.org/TCRC/rplnd.html
"What are some of the risks with RPLND surgery? Here's a good starter list of possible problems:

* Infertility due to retrograde ejaculation. If the doctor cuts a nerve during the surgery, and it is very easy to do this, you will lose the ability to ejaculate normally. You'll still ejaculate, but your sperm will end up in your bladder!!"

it certainly makes spelunking a little less messy, but it also complicates the whole getting knocked up part!

ps sorry for all the cancer talk, i'm just thinking about it a lot since the anniversary is coming up
#310 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
I am so lame. And pathetic. Do any of you ever read the May DDC board?? I so read it....just b/c I see all the graduates - and they are all living it up over there...and i'm happy for them. really. And jealous too.

Who in here has been trying for over 6months?

And who has been trying for over a year??
Yes, I read the May DDC board. And other DDC boards, too, since I know some other graduates, and I feel the same as you: Thrilled (because I know how long some of these mamas tried) and jealous (because I am apparently two years old).

We have been trying since last October... I never know whether to include the months I wasn't charting, but really I think they should count. So almost a year.

Quote:
Turning 30 last month didn't help. Ugh. I wish we had met and married EARLIER!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH. I feel like now it will take FOR-EVER to have 3 - which is what we've always talked about.
Yeah, I turn 30 in May, and... gah. I always pictured myself being younger when my kids are littles, but it'll be OK. We want either 2 or 4, leaning towards 4, and it just makes me feel old and discouraged sometimes because I've reached that point where time goes SO FAST and I've lost people I love and blah blah.

Quote:
zen, we've been sans BC for 12 cycles now (technically 11 months since I've had several shorter 24ish day cycles). friend's/family's useless advice was pretty obnoxious for awhile, but at least playing the cancer card has shut them up. i actually had a friend tell me that "people are infertile because God is trying to tell them to adopt" : so i told her that i didn't think God gave my husband cancer just so we'd consider adopting (especially since we'd talked about adopting in the future, even before finding out he had cancer). of course, then she felt like a huge biotch for saying anything... btw, i also read the ddc boards, so we can be lame together
I would kick someone's ass. Do you need me to come kick this friend's ass for you? Because I will. That comment is worth fisticuffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
ALL, I haven't been here for about 24 hours and gosh, can you people type slower? *lol* I got pages and pages to read now. I skimmed through a bit, and saw many people comment on my stories. Just wanted to thank everyone for reading my "novels". I have no clue what came over me that I wrote so much. Thank you for your attention and for the kind words. Thanks for not labeling me a total cuckoo too.

My temp is still in the higher range of mt chart today. I'm trying not to loose hope. Now gotta go and try to catch up with all those pages and pages of spelunk heaven.
I bet you're pregnant. :

WoodlandFairytale - I have to say, outdoor spelunking in bodies of water (or "cave diving" as it is sometimes called, but that sounds like I'm talking about something else) is TEH BEST AWESOME. I am a Taurus but I'm a total water baby. Actually, that's why I want a waterbirth. I like the pressure of the water and the way it feels against the skin, which is very sensual (skinny-dipping ftw), and it just makes me feel... hm. "Home." I am the kid who sat in the bathtub until the water got really really cold and my mom showed up and forced me to get out "before you turn into a prune." This has devolved from talking about spelunking, though.

So I will say: Quarry, swimming, spelunking on the rocks, totally the hotness.

Me! - I feel really non-productive today. I spent about 2 hours getting Staples to FINALLY sort out my business card issues, and mailed some trade items from the Post Office, but I haven't applied for any jobs or done any revisions for one of my editors or etc. etc. I think I'm going to declare Monday a weekend day and only reply to urgent stuff and apply for time-sensitive writing stuff. No queries, no real writing, etc. Z's off Sunday and Monday and I have a hard time working when he's around. I do work Saturday, so I shouldn't feel like a slacker, right?

AF's finally slowing down, I got a BUNCH of plums to eat, and I'm researching prenatal vitamins (want a natural brand) and maybe Vitex and stuff. Zen, I'm going to hop on your yoga thread because I want to know, too. No word back from the midwife yet. Patience, patience.
#311 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 06:51 PM

who here uses OPKs? are they helpful or do they just make you more crazy? i just ordered 20 to give it a try, but i'm sure it will just fuel the obsession

binkin and makeminepink, thanks for the threats of violence against dumbass comment-makers
#312 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 06:58 PM

pittnurse, I have used OPKs and I think the internet cheapies (look for uh... I'll have to look it up again, my brain is like a sieve sometimes) are GREAT. You know why? Because you get to pee on a stick like 80 times and there's ALWAYS two lines, so you can fantasize about what it's like to get a BFP! Yay! However, they do fuel the obsession, at least for me.

Oh and makeminepink, yes I want oatmeal cookies, I'll book a flight and stop by, k?
#313 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
To everyone else, I hope we all get BFPs together....so we can share stories, and pics of growing bellies, and thoughts about whatever. I am hoping and hoping that this happens. I don't want to lose all my wonderful Zen's den house of spelunk spelunking crazy gals!!!!!!!
BFPs BFPs BFPs BFPs BFPs!!!!!
I concur... but I'm so far behind that I don't know how many times I should be 'seconding' this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-girl View Post
Zen's still got it on the first post of the thread. But here is my FF chart
Ooooohhhhh! You got cross hairs. I might get those in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeminepink View Post
Olerica-thank you for reminding me about the utility of temps. I gotta remind myself not to become obsessed with every little increase or drop!

AFM-FF changed my O date yesterday from CD 16 to CD 18. I guess it makes more sense, but I hate that I am now only 4 DPO instead of 6 DPO. This is my first month charting and one of the few times I have ovulated (thanks Clomid!) so I have no idea if the program is correct. I kinda think I O'd sometime during the night of CD18 or the evening of CD 17. I had really bad O pain for two days, then woke up on CD18 with no pain. Has FF ever changed any of your O days? What's the deal? Ahh...no more obsessing. I am not testing anyway until the 25th if AF doesn't show so I shouldn't stress right?

Have lots of fun tonight! I was thinking about playing with my wii fit tonight. DH loves me to "hula" in only a tee and panties. Really revs him up and always makes for great sweaty spelunking! My fave!
I hope that my temp note didn't come off too bossy. I tend to be ultra parental.

Yeah, I had a cycle that was weird and they kept chaning my O. It happens. They are just building up data on you. I'd just keep both dates in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbutterflykissesm View Post
OOh, I have a picture to post on the front page!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24583767@N02/2859560386/

(I made that top this weekend, too. It's expandable so it will work as a maternity shirt, too! There are ribbons holding it together in front, but they can be removed to make it more like a tent shirt. And it's long enough to wear over leggings too. Woohoo!
GButt: CUTE top! I wanna make one! Cute you too!

Quote:
so here is my new plan for this month.

yoga twice a week
bike once a week
acupuncture (once before 'O' and once after 'O')
more protein - less dairy (im a dairy fiend (half & half, heavy cream, milk, cheese)...and just got back from the nutritionist...who ran a bunch of muscle tests and decided that I could stand to lay off milk...which means buh bye DAILY iced vanilla latte. anyone know of a GOOD MILK substitute?? I can't stand rice milk - its like WATER...he said hed prefer I used almond/hemp than soy)
more water
and NO TEMPING

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.
I like unsweetened vanilla almond milk to which I add agave nectar (I'm sensitive to some of the additaves they use to make sugar suspend in the liquid) Yumm. Chocolate Unsweetened Almond Milk is NOMNOMNOM too!

BTW: Have you met with an acupuncturist? Mine says we should do WEEKLY treatments for a number of months. I've now been going for 5 weeks, and it's been good, but I think you may need to be aware that you might have to go more often.

Oh, not temping? How will you know when/if you O? Perhaps no temping after O is confirmed (3 days). I thought about doing that, but since the clearing acupuncture treatment, temping has become 'data' for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
zen - sounds like a good plan - that's almost exactly what I'm doing this month (I'm still going to be temping... need to confirm whether I O, since I don't always). Still trying to find a good acupuncturist. I recommend Hemp milk - it's actually really good! I like 'Living Harvest' brand. It's really creamy, not thin like some milk subs...

Well, DH and I had quite a spelunking adventure yesterday. We went down to a local river to have one last swim (it was 87 here yesterday, but going down in the 60s this week!) and ended up, umm, on the rocks under a bridge. Fun! The river is right next to a road though and is a popular stop for tourists driving by, especially bikers, so I was totally nervous and looking around the whole time!
SO JEALOUS about the outdoor spelunking. DH is NOT that adventurous (but I wish he were!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABITGRL View Post
This ones kind of for everyone, do you drink regular coffee or decaf? I love my coffee but was wondering if switching to decaf might improve my baby making chances.
Regular, but less than a measuring cup worth 4 to 6 times a week.
Quote:

I've been trying over a year, if you include the 8 weeks I was pregnant, over two years. It'll happen. IT WILL!
Quote:

: on the temps. I LOVE the stories!!

petiechou, WELCOME!

We got some NICE spelunking in this morning. I think I'll O tonight or tomorrow.
#314 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 07:17 PM

Oh! Bienvenue, petitchou! Can you send me some croissants please? Thanks!

Rabitgrl - I drink about 6oz of regular coffee 4 or 5 days a week. I had eliminated almost all caffeine but I'm trying to wake up earlier and sometimes I need the extra kick; I'd like to figure out another way to wake up and ditch the coffee. I am much less anxious and crazy when I don't consume much caffeine. NB this does NOT include chocolate.

AF needs to go away like now. DH has commented that my interest in spelunking is unusually high. I think it's the fall weather setting in.
#315 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
I would kick someone's ass. Do you need me to come kick this friend's ass for you? Because I will. That comment is worth fisticuffs.

WoodlandFairytale - I have to say, outdoor spelunking in bodies of water (or "cave diving" as it is sometimes called, but that sounds like I'm talking about something else) is TEH BEST AWESOME. I am a Taurus but I'm a total water baby. Actually, that's why I want a waterbirth. I like the pressure of the water and the way it feels against the skin, which is very sensual (skinny-dipping ftw), and it just makes me feel... hm. "Home." I am the kid who sat in the bathtub until the water got really really cold and my mom showed up and forced me to get out "before you turn into a prune." This has devolved from talking about spelunking, though.

So I will say: Quarry, swimming, spelunking on the rocks, totally the hotness.

Me! - I feel really non-productive today. I spent about 2 hours getting Staples to FINALLY sort out my business card issues, and mailed some trade items from the Post Office, but I haven't applied for any jobs or done any revisions for one of my editors or etc. etc. I think I'm going to declare Monday a weekend day and only reply to urgent stuff and apply for time-sensitive writing stuff. No queries, no real writing, etc. Z's off Sunday and Monday and I have a hard time working when he's around. I do work Saturday, so I shouldn't feel like a slacker, right?

AF's finally slowing down, I got a BUNCH of plums to eat, and I'm researching prenatal vitamins (want a natural brand) and maybe Vitex and stuff. Zen, I'm going to hop on your yoga thread because I want to know, too. No word back from the midwife yet. Patience, patience.
I totally *heart* you for wanting to kick some insensitive arse's arse.

Oh! Check out the prenatals from Rainbow Light. I take the one a day ones, and they are FREEKING AWESOME! Though they have iron, they help a girl out, if you know what I'm saying.

I'm a Cancer, and I am a total moon baby. So, yeah. Water is totally my environ too. That and the woods. Yummy.
Quote:
zen, dh has been all clear for almost 4 years, oct 21st is the official anniversary of the surgery that confirmed that all of his metastases were killed by the chemo. according to his oncologist (who also treated lance armstrong - who btw i just saw a pic of with ashley olson... CREEPY!) the fact that he has had no recurrence within the first 2 years means that he is essentially "cured". which is fantastic, but unfortunately the spermies don't seem to appreciate being attacked with 4 rounds of chemo and having surgery that affects their usual escape route http://www.acor.org/TCRC/rplnd.html
"What are some of the risks with RPLND surgery? Here's a good starter list of possible problems:

* Infertility due to retrograde ejaculation. If the doctor cuts a nerve during the surgery, and it is very easy to do this, you will lose the ability to ejaculate normally. You'll still ejaculate, but your sperm will end up in your bladder!!"

it certainly makes spelunking a little less messy, but it also complicates the whole getting knocked up part!

ps sorry for all the cancer talk, i'm just thinking about it a lot since the anniversary is coming up
I have a crush on your survivor hubby. Love survivors, I do. I'll have to check the link later. Hope you get PREGs soon!
#316 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 07:38 PM

Hi ladies! Back from the most amazing weekend in Vegas with some mama friends of mine. Took test this AM. Bust for me...BFN.

:

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#317 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
Haha I just noticed my 'naughty spelunking' post was post #666 for me!
The devil made you do it!
Quote:
heh heh! That sounds like a woodland fairy tale, woodlandfairytale!!!
GButt, you stole my line! We must both be huge nerds .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABITGRL View Post

Also thanks for asking the birth plan question i'm really curious about what everyone is doing.
I really love the idea of a homebirth and was seeing a wonderfull MW during my first pregnancy. Then we lost our baby at 24 weeks and had to have an induction at the hospital. It was the worst experience of my life and i would love to never see that hopistal again, but at the same time i cant help being paranoid that something will go wrong with a future pregnancy and i will need the hospital. Our obgyn seems pretty certain we wont have any trouble with our next pregnancy but that hasn't done much to ease my fears. I don't think i will really know for sure what route to go until i am a lot closer to having a baby.
I am so sorry to hear about your little one :

Quote:
zen, dh has been all clear for almost 4 years, oct 21st is the official anniversary of the surgery that confirmed that all of his metastases were killed by the chemo.
It is obvious how strong of a woman you are, and what an amazing couple you must make. Your positive attitude inspires me to be a better person!

Quote:
Yes, I read the May DDC board. And other DDC boards, too, since I know some other graduates, and I feel the same as you: Thrilled (because I know how long some of these mamas tried) and jealous (because I am apparently two years old).

We have been trying since last October... I never know whether to include the months I wasn't charting, but really I think they should count. So almost a year.

Yeah, I turn 30 in May, and... gah. I always pictured myself being younger when my kids are littles, but it'll be OK. We want either 2 or 4, leaning towards 4, and it just makes me feel old and discouraged sometimes because I've reached that point where time goes SO FAST and I've lost people I love and blah blah.

I take Rainbow Light prenatals. They are really great! I also take Vitex in the liquid form. I get it at the health food store from local purveyors.

Quote:
who here uses OPKs? are they helpful or do they just make you more crazy? i just ordered 20 to give it a try, but i'm sure it will just fuel the obsession

binkin and makeminepink, thanks for the threats of violence against dumbass comment-makers
I just started with them this month and have been through 25 already. I didn't O so I didn't find them helpful...I am sure though, that they fuel my fire. They give me an excuse to pee on something everyday!

Zen and Woodland, Sorry to hear all about your TTC stuff. I hope a BFP happens soon!

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

#318 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin' green View Post
Hi ladies! Back from the most amazing weekend in Vegas with some mama friends of mine. Took test this AM. Bust for me...BFN.

:
yoikes! any simptoms of af?

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#319 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:

:
Sorry to hear about the BFN, but glad that you had a rocking Vegas weekend with friends.
#320 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I am so lame. And pathetic. Do any of you ever read the May DDC board?? I so read it....just b/c I see all the graduates - and they are all living it up over there...and i'm happy for them. really. And jealous too.

yup. i check it out- well, just the month i was due in. anyhoo, yeah.

uh...and i guess...can i join? i've been lurking for awhile but suppose i should just jump right in!

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09
#321 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I so read the May DDC. Especially because dd was also born in May. I'm lame too.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#322 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Some friends of ours have gone through this same thing. He is in remission also, but sounds like there is no shot they could get pregnant. They seem to be completely okay with that. As in - not so interested in babies anyway...which by the way we have TONS of friends like that. Married couples with no interest in procreation. Its fascinating!

But hey, more power to them for knowing what they want.

Quote:
Plums are good for antioxidants!! wahoo! I'm quitting coffee (since I have to quit the milk/cream). I will NOT quit dark chocolate. dammit.

Quote:

:
I bet you had a blast..I've never been. I want to go to vegas!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezehead View Post
yup. i check it out- well, just the month i was due in. anyhoo, yeah.

uh...and i guess...can i join? i've been lurking for awhile but suppose i should just jump right in!
yes, of course!!

and ditto to the other gal who wanted to join....I will update ya'lls in the am!!!

WELCOME!
#323 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 09:03 PM

So... I just found this book, called Fully Fertile, which looks crazy insane good and full of information, like about herbs and yoga and everything that's been going through my mind. Anyone read it?
#324 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 10:10 PM

ladies, ladies! simma down nah!

i've just had the longest day EVAR, and was totally looking forward to sitting down with my laptop and catching up with you girls. and here we are.

so, i had a nine hour day at work, then drove my hour commute to the gym because i PROMISED myself that i would recommit to my regular workout routine. i can't believe i did it! i was soooo tired, and i was sort of hoping that the YMCA would be closed, being that their entire parking lot is flooded (about an inch or two above the lower level door!), but alas, front door was working and the treadmills were empty, so i did my thing.

this is partially because i've gained 6ish lbs since my june wedding (and therefore am finding it hard to fit into some old standbys) AND because i am convinced that i have better EWCM & sex drive when i am exercising. i'm really excited about the prospect of baby-making this month because DH has been gone for 8 days, and won't be back for three more, which means total boinkfest for sure around fertile time. then, he has a three-week trip to sunny KY in october: all the more reason to spelunk ravenously!

so, hopefully my new routine of healthy eating (did awesome today minus one cookie for lunch) and exercise will stimulate the vag for some serious baby-making mojo. I WANT TO BE PREGNANT, FDKFHDLKJGH! also am not temping this month (will still use OPKs).

decided last minute that i deserve a little wine tonight, so am now having a nice glass of chardonnay as i prop my feet back and catch up on favourite girls' days.

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
#325 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
rabitgirl -- I'm sorry for your loss

pittnurse & woodlandfairy -- I can't believe the cruel things people say to each other sometimes. I can't imagine being unable to get pregnant is the only way God would have to suggest to someone that they could adopt.

pittnurse -- Thanks for sharing about your DH's surgery.

I'm not using OPKs but I did when we TTC'd DD, because my charts weren't so clear back then.

zen -- Good luck not temping. I think that'd make me crazier. But I'm anal that way.

goin green -- Sorry about the BFN

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
#326 of 2251 Old 09-16-2008, 02:18 AM

Quote:
So... I just found this book, called Fully Fertile, which looks crazy insane good and full of information, like about herbs and yoga and everything that's been going through my mind. Anyone read it?
I haven't read it, but I know that the authors of it are locals for me. They have their own acupuncture + other stuff clinic in the Chicago area. Here's their web site: http://www.pullingdownthemoon.com
An acupuncturist on my local AP yahoo group said that she used to work for them at one of the clinics and that they did have good successes. although, I am not sure she meant acupuncture alone or everything together.
sorry I'm not more helpful.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#327 of 2251 Old 09-16-2008, 06:03 AM

Quote:
yoikes! any simptoms of af?
Nothing. No signs either way. AF is due today, another BFN this morning. DH is so cute - he really is so bummed. I guess won't be as quick as I was hoping when we started...on to cycle #3!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#328 of 2251 Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
who here uses OPKs? are they helpful or do they just make you more crazy?
I do! Internet cheapies. I got 100 OPKs and 20 HPTs at Amazon for $35, shipped. This means I can pee on something 1-2 times a day and never feel guilty. It doesn't really make me any crazier than I already am.

Quote:
Hey - you want Vitex? I bought a whole bottle and only used it for like a week before I freaked out and realized I should let my body get back to normal on its own. PM me- I"ll send it to you. I'm not using it, after all!

Quote:

:
I'm glad you had a great weekend. Maybe you won't get AF and just get a late BFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
The devil made you do it!

GButt, you stole my line! We must both be huge nerds .
Yup! Like Revenge of the Nerds.

Oh, and for anyone who cares, I take Rainbow light prenatals. I used to take the 6 a day but switched to the one a day because they are cheaper and i figured if I get pregs and have morning sickness I will only have to swallow one. But the one a days don't have as much calcium, so I have to start taking a supplement (I do eat a LOT of dairy though...)

And as for my insanely obsessive pregnancy symptoms, yup, still there. I"m trying not to stress today though. But I reached 9dpo, which is a first with no spotting. I mean, none. A little CM, that's it. Theez a goot sign, no? Whatever. The other day when I was queasy I told BF I didn't feel well and he was like "is that a symptom?" I was like, EVERYTHING is a symptom. I have brown eyes. I must be pregs. I'm wearing a yellow shirt. must be pregs. etc.

Oh, and I'm still pissed at my friend who told me I was obsessed. HOnestly, it was almost like she had hatred in her voice. I can't get it out of my head. I hope I"m pregs just so I can prove her wrong about not charting=pregs. I am so ready to start birthing classes so I can meet some ladies who are more like me!

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

#329 of 2251 Old 09-16-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:

Oh, and for anyone who cares, I take Rainbow light prenatals. I used to take the 6 a day but switched to the one a day because they are cheaper and i figured if I get pregs and have morning sickness I will only have to swallow one. But the one a days don't have as much calcium, so I have to start taking a supplement (I do eat a LOT of dairy though...)

And as for my insanely obsessive pregnancy symptoms, yup, still there. I"m trying not to stress today though. But I reached 9dpo, which is a first with no spotting. I mean, none. A little CM, that's it. Theez a goot sign, no? Whatever. The other day when I was queasy I told BF I didn't feel well and he was like "is that a symptom?" I was like, EVERYTHING is a symptom. I have brown eyes. I must be pregs. I'm wearing a yellow shirt. must be pregs. etc.

Oh, and I'm still pissed at my friend who told me I was obsessed. HOnestly, it was almost like she had hatred in her voice. I can't get it out of my head. I hope I"m pregs just so I can prove her wrong about not charting=pregs. I am so ready to start birthing classes so I can meet some ladies who are more like me!
I'm not taking prenatals. My regular multivitamin has sufficient folate, and that's what I need to be concerned about, right? Right?

I am so, SO sorry about your friend being an asshat jerk, gbutt. It's not what you need right now, it's not compassionate or supportive, and it's always so infuriating to have people you care about treat you like you don't know your own mind. It would make me want to get EXTRA obsessed, just as a big FU, but I'm contrary like that. I hope that she apologizes, and not one of those "I'm sorry if you were hurt" nonpologies. She should recognize that you're an adult woman who is handling TTC in the best way for YOU, and that she doesn't get to have any input into your choices or feelings about that, or to make judgments like "obsessing".

Again, I think it would be different if it had been phrased as something she was concerned about, but the way you're describing, it sounds like flat-out, "you're doing this differently than I did, and therefore you're WRONG" judgy judging, which is sooooooooooo Not Cool.
#330 of 2251 Old 09-16-2008, 08:29 AM

Oh, and AFM, temp's up again this morning, but at only 7 DPO (according to FF -- 8 DPO according to my fancy thermometer), I'm trying not to read too much into that. Or, I'm telling myself not to read too much into it, as I analyze every twinge of my bladder and scrutinize how my nipples feel today.

Almost no one IRL knows that I'm TTC, and that's tough. I haven't told my parents, and so only my partner and one of my long-distance friends who's studying midwifery know. I told one of my brothers at the beginning of the year that we might be TTC this year, but that's because he's getting married in January (in India), and his fiancee is having wedding clothes made for our family. I made him swear not to tell our parents, but I didn't want his fiancee to freak out about potentially having to alter or have new clothes made, but he said he'd take care of it without telling her (she's not so good with a secret), and that I shouldn't worry about it, but just let him know if/when it happened.

At first we were going to delay TTC until closer to the trip, or after, but I started to get really anxious and panicky about waiting any longer. I'm a little nervous about long travel if I get pregs, but overall, I'm happy with our decision to start trying now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page