Zen's Den: House of Spelunk (v.II) - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
 
Olerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Coastal PNW
Posts: 1,017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post


and then i went off about how maybe we'd both have better luck concieving if we invited the Pitt's to our bedroom. (we do share their last name...with an 's').

think they'd go for it?
I can hear it now:
DH: "Honey? Who're those people in our bedroom?"
ME: "Oh them? They're the Pitts."

(hahahahah haha hahahahah hahahhahaha "The Pitts" hahah hahah haha!) Oh, wait. Z? Did you say you and your DH were the Pitts??? : (that's not so funny anymore)
Olerica is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-16-2008, 04:56 PM
 
anonyma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hog heaven
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post

The thing is, and let's be honest here. If you've been temping and charting, you know what EWCM is so you are STILL gonna hit those days. Maybe not checking your BBT after or whatever, but you gotta be thinking about it. She HAD to be thinking about it... but thinking about NOT thinking about it. KWIM?? I LOVE that your friend is PREGS though. Then your baby and her baby can hang and stuff together! (Cause you are getting PREGS too!)

:

I had never thought of it like that before, but of course you're right that people can't just turn off the stressed or "thinking about it" parts of themselves entirely. I think that a lot of us feel bad (and for no good reason, I'll add) about our focus on TTC, and when other people start to throw around words like "obsessed" or "trying too hard", we latch on to them because it at least makes it our fault, kwim? We totally ignore the fact that, if you really really want something, it's pretty damned hard NOT to think about it all the time. That's what wanting is, really.



Thanks for giving me a different way to think about that!
anonyma is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter
 
zenproofstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yes. we are The Pitts....they are Pitt. We are the true 'PittS'.

heehee.

I love it. One time at a resturant...we put our name down - and 20 mins later on the loud speaker ..."Titts, we have your table. Table for 2 - TITTS??!!'". Omg...it was hsyterical. They could hardly keep a straight face when we got to the front desk. I was like 'dude. its PITTS. WITH A P.'...she was mortified. I couldn't stop laughing. It was hysterical.
zenproofstella is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 05:12 PM
 
gbutterflykissesm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi girls! I just want to say s: to matilda_z and kisses to everyone else. This thread has been my little savior lately - laughing and crying over it. I seriously wish we all lived on a little commune together. I'm ready to renounce my friends IRL for you guys!

ooooh... thaz baaaaaaaaaad.

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

gbutterflykissesm is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 05:28 PM
 
Matilda_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aw, you guys are awesome!

I've got some serious Troy issues, Zen. But, I think I can put them aside and focus on the scenery.

What I need is a good spelunk (where's THAT smilie?)! Well, that's out of the blue. I don't think we've had any action since we got knocked up! Actually, I KNOW we haven't had any action. Snoo is afraid to damage the baby.

And, I'm just getting over some sort of tuberculosis-rivalling plague. Which is making me feel very attractive....
Matilda_z is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 05:30 PM
 
makeminepink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post

AFM, I am still spotting. Day 10. Temps are still pre-o ish. Ordered more OPKs just so I have something to PEE ON!!!!!!! On a spelunking note, DH has been very spelunk-y lately! Too bad FF says I am not fertile! Ha! This month stinksssssssssssss !!
On a fun note, I have to go to a wedding back home in NYC this weekend. I bought myself a new sassy little dress. It cute and short and silk! DD isn't invited so it'll be a nice night out for me and DH!
Oh, and I just thought of something! I am going to be totally lost when I come back on Tuesday! Four days of no MDC and the den??? You guys will all be pg and I'll have no idea!!!!! That's too much time away from the den. I'll have to sneak on the comp in my ILs bedroom!
Have fun at the wedding! Your sassy little dress may bring on some naughty spelunking. Maybe you will be closer to Oing then! That would be perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
petitchou - we got caught once too we were at the beach and it looked totally deserted... then once we were DONE we noticed a couple in a sand-colored sleeping bag about 10 feet away!
Wonder what they were doing camouflaging themselves on the beach! Ha! DH always wants to go at in the backyard, but can you imagine the neighbors peaking over the fence at the wrong time? Ummm....don't mind strangers accidentally catching a peak, but not neighbors. Too embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
zomg glhglsdghhg I have an Etsy sale! anonyma, is that you? >.>

Seriously I thought the shop would be up at least 6 months before anyone even looked at it. My day is MADE. MAAAAADE.

Been working on other items to put up, better kick that into gear a little more now eh? WOO!
That is fantastic! I will be looking in and seeing what you got posted. Any chance you want to make a doggy scarf?? We have one for Midori now and he loves it since he gets so much attention with it on, but it is on it's last leg. If I could knit, I would try it. Let me know. I know, I know. I am crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda_z View Post
Hi Zen, funny you should mention this. Yep, as long as you write something that falls into the category of I'm-so-happy-I-could-eat-the-placenta, then yeah, we're living it up.

Try writing something about a real fear, not just something that you're worried about, something you've lived through. I've done this. It's like writing in invisible ink. There are comments flying all around you, but none about your post. Nope. Like you're just sitting in a room with your white elephant of a post hanging around and everyone else is talking about their growing bellies.

Yes, I'm grumpy and can't seem to find a place anymore. I really liked this place. Now, I'm sort of lost. How odd.

I'm just going to hang here with you guys. Hope you don't mind. :
: That makes me very sad. I am talking to my (hopefully) fertilized egg, telling it must implant in the next couple of days so we can start the den in the DDC. Stay here with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post

I just spoke with a friend this morning who tried to get pregnant for 14 months. The month they decided not to care anymore they conceived. I know, totally not what ANYONE wants to hear, but that's what he said. She stopped OPKs and temping and voila! She can haz baby!
I hate that she told me that. I am not ready to say "I don't care" yet! Why is that everyone's advice?? Note: She was not trying to give advice, was just telling a story...Had no idea I am TTC till after she told the story.
I feel your frustration. I have no idea why people love to tell us, "relax" "it will happen when it will happen" "everything happens for a reason." I say PUH-LEEZE! Even though your friend was giving advice, it is still hard to here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post


I don't typically make much 'to do' about Brad....but we aint gots to lie - the man is fine.

So now I can't decide if Tristan Brad Pitt (Legends of the Fall), Paul Maclean Brad Pitt (A River Runs Through It) or Achilles Brad Pitt (Troy) makes me MORE INCLINED to fantasize about what it must be like to get spelunked by Brad Pitt. Ahhhhh...to be Angelina Jolie.
I love Brad in Fight Club. The haircut and his crazy abs. Drool.
makeminepink is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
 
zenproofstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i think im havin' a hot flash.

Matilda go spelunk honey! Do I need to go get Missy Elliot to sing to you?? Husband will get over the plague.
zenproofstella is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 06:07 PM
 
favrielle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, ladies. I've been lurking for a while, wanting to join but not feeling like I should since we technically "gave up" on the whole trying thing. Due to an unexpected egg drop after a really sexy weekend, though, I'm back to waiting and going nuts wishing I had someone to talk to.

So...a bio...
Favrielle, aka Angela, 25, TTC #2
Red-headed, nearly-single SAHM, gardener, seamstress, and all-around crazy person stuck in south-central Kansas. Married to uber-sexy husband Brewer, 42, who's away more often than he's home (thus the nearly-single designation). Have two kids, a 16yo step-son and a 4yo son, and been trying for #2 together for almost a year. When not going nuts from the testosterone overload at home, I sew garb for Renaissance Festivals.
My Brand-new Blog

That good enough for a bio?

So anyway, currently I'm going nuts in the "Am I?"/"Am I not?" phase of the two-week-hell. After 3 chemicals, it's hard to get excited until after AF is way late, but things are looking really, really hopeful.

Oh, bleh...must get back to real life. The golden child wants Mommy time. Will be back later to join in all the fun.

But first...Zen, I'll agree Brad is yummy, but I'm weird...I think Nathan Fillion from Firefly would be more fun.
favrielle is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 06:12 PM
 
binkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 1,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Matilda - stay with us! We will keep you company and listen to you!

makeminepink - doggie scarf, eh? It's something I'd certainly look into but I am so buried in trades and I want to get more stuff up on the shop, so I can't commit to a time frame yet. I'll see what I can come up with, though. Colors?

I am RAVENOUS today, like I could eat a cow. With blue cheese. I felt kind of hellish yesterday night and didn't eat much all day, so perhaps my body wishes to catch up. I think Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter and I are going to go have a sit-down and watch some QVC or some shit.

Oh, but I have to write a blog article first. And I keep promising myself I'll play a video game for a bit and I keep not doing it.

Also, I require spelunking, and soon. In some ways I hate AF.

More later, darlings! <3
binkin is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 06:21 PM
 
Matilda_z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Favrielle: You are such a geek! I sew garb for the SCA. Awwww...geeks unite. :handsacrosstheinternet

I agree with MMP: Brad in Fight Club is a Brad I could watch all day... mmmm. Oooh it's so diiiiiirty. When he comes out of the bedroom with dish gloves on... dontcha just wanna know what he and Helena have been up to? Dosen't hurt that he's sharing the screen with a big ol' crush of mine, Ed Norton. sigh.
Matilda_z is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 06:46 PM
 
mamafirst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: northeastern ohio for now
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey ! i d love to join!..last month did so much spelunking and got preg on the first try since my son..then had a chemical a week later... it sucked really bad. so here we are trying again. due to o 9-18 and test 10-2...

im no good at being original in bios so here is who i am...

stay at home with my two year old noah cash, and my balinese cat named pigpen. gardening, canning, knitting, reading, and cleaning everything i can are things i love...we eat organic, dont waste money on meat, and are trying to save money to buy a huge amount of land that is covered in trees so no one can find us
mamafirst is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 07:15 PM
 
favrielle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda_z View Post
Favrielle: You are such a geek! I sew garb for the SCA. Awwww...geeks unite. :handsacrosstheinternet
Yup, I'm a complete geek, and proud of it. I'd join the SCA, but it's more fun starting my own group for the local festival. More freedom that way.


Now a question for all you awesome ladies...

Am I the only one who gets a major visit from the boob fairy every month after O? I mean, I have two bra sizes -- average 34 B before O, and solid 34/36 C afterward. I'm wearing one of my C's right now, and it barely fits. Grrr. Please tell me I'm not alone!!
favrielle is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 07:33 PM
 
petitchou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NOVA
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post
I can hear it now:
DH: "Honey? Who're those people in our bedroom?"
ME: "Oh them? They're the Pitts."

(hahahahah haha hahahahah hahahhahaha "The Pitts" hahah hahah haha!) Oh, wait. Z? Did you say you and your DH were the Pitts??? : (that's not so funny anymore)
HAHAHAHA

Sorry, that just struck my funny bone.

Brad Pitt, eh? I don't know. I'm more a George Clooney gal. Or Pierce Brosnan. Or Colin Firth. I like 'em dark. Couse I haven't seen Fight Club yet...

mamafirst - So sorry about your loss but glad you are joining us for the adventure!

Matilda - go spelunk already! It promotes healing!

Zen - Yes! Come to France! Bring an umbrella!

Everyone who wanted some pastries - I'll make a deal with you. I'll send you some if you will pleeeese send us some sun over here. Pretty please?

And now I'm going to be the annoying one and say that after almost a year of TTC, we conceived the month we took a break. : Or almost - I still knew when I would O and we spelunked one time just for the hell of it. So it's true that even when you're taking a break, you're still thinking about it. It was just part of our journey.

We definitely need a dddc. I'm going to go talk about the importance of implantation with my hopefully-fertilized-egg too! And I will have to catch up more tomorrow - I'm off to bed!
petitchou is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
 
makeminepink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda_z View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]

I agree with MMP: Brad in Fight Club is a Brad I could watch all day... mmmm. Oooh it's so diiiiiirty. When he comes out of the bedroom with dish gloves on... dontcha just wanna know what he and Helena have been up to? Dosen't hurt that he's sharing the screen with a big ol' crush of mine, Ed Norton. sigh.
Ohhhh yeah.....I love that scene! Does make you go hmmm.....

I think I gotta watch it again tonight! Or maybe I should watch it now without DH telling me to close my mouth or to stop smiling! Can't help it if I appreciate the movie, right?

Matilda, I too love Ed Norton. I love him in Keeping the Faith. Come to think of it, I have a lot of crushes. Ryan Reynolds is also a fave. Have you all seen the Amityville Horror remake? Holly crap!

Ok, I gotta stop now....

Welcome mamafirst!

binkin-He wears a lot of yellows, blues and greens. I know I have a problem--he has more clothes and accessories than I do.
makeminepink is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 08:15 PM
 
valeria_vi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,696
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
valera_vi - are you testing again soon? how are you today?
This is the first time I got to a computer today, and I still haven't caught up on yesterdays messages.

I got another BFN this morning. this is annoying.
I will not test again until coming Monday, Sept 22nd.

As someone on another thread suggested, there is clearly a shift in the temps. May be I am right about my O date, may be not - but the shift is there, so something's gotta happen soon. either AF will eventually come, or a BFP. That really helped me to put this into perspective.

So I am going to assume worst case scenario. FF is right and I Oed on cd25. see the chart here. That would make my AF due around cd 39 (25 + 14), which would come on the weekend. I'll most likely just wait till the Monday after that to test again.

I thought yesterday that may be my boobs were a bit tender, but now I really think that it's not what I though it is. I did some major cleaning Sunday night (really night - 12am to 3am. I am nuts. it's official) and I think that somehow my chest muscles are feeling it. because I can squeeze my boobs with no pain (sorry for the visual), but it hurts a bit on top - my chest area sorta into the boob area. so I really think it's the muscles, not the boobs.

nothing else is different. more wait for me.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
valeria_vi is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 08:45 PM
 
pittnurse08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: PDX wannabe
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
val, sorry about the BFN. your chart is still lookin' good, i'll keep my fingers crossed for your test on monday :

speaking of brad pitt in troy... hello?? did you see eric bana's pecs?! http://www.audiencias.info/wp-conten.../eric-bana.jpg

i guess i'll just have to dream of brad and eric and all the other muscley men out there, because apparently there will be no spelunk in this house until after dh's exams tomorrow, he says he has to study instead... what a nerd!
pittnurse08 is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 08:52 PM
 
WoodlandFairytale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A forest
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ohh I heart this group

It's a pretty group, too! Wow! Minimunklemama, has anyone ever told you you resemble Amanda Peet?
WoodlandFairytale is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 10:01 PM
 
carrot_flowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda_z View Post
Hi Zen, f

Yes, I'm grumpy and can't seem to find a place anymore. I really liked this place. Now, I'm sort of lost. How odd.

I'm just going to hang here with you guys. Hope you don't mind. :
welcome! i am doing a poop job of being the head of communications around here - mainly because my schedule is shite during the week; all being a school teacher and all.

ANYWHO! WELCOME, matildaZ! i know what you mean about feeling lost; when i first started posting here, i was all "nobody likes me; everybody hates me; guess i'll go eat worms." i was wrong. it's easy to get lost in the madness of the TTC boards. i feel weird venturing to the DDC boards, cause, well, i'm not expecting. i feel like i'm being sneaky or something. and it makes me even more sad that i'm NOT expecting (yet). i want to share stories about being pregnant instead of just sharing stories about looking at a thermometer and such.

wow, i'm a real downer. how's that for a nice welcome?

but seriously, this is the best board ever. i truly believe we're all looking out for eachother here, no matter WHAT the circumstances.

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
carrot_flowers is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 10:11 PM
 
carrot_flowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeminepink View Post
I love Brad in Fight Club. The haircut and his crazy abs. Drool.
yes yes yes

omg. i am getting all worked up just thinking about it. too bad DH is not here to spelunk. i think i shall just go spelunking alone tonight, .

okay, so i have something sort of serious to share. Dh is away on this trip, and things were good last week, talking on the phone and such, but he's all bummed that he's still there (was supposed to be home saturday) and he's REALLY not being too nice to me on the phone. he was all criticizing me today and then when i offered up my opinion, he pretty much got off the phone. he didn't hang up, but... he made it clear that he was thinking about it.

it makes me really sad. and i'm here all alone and all of my friends here are all wrapped up in their own lives (they all have newborns, wah wah wah) and i kindof need someone to talk to cause i'm just feeling all sorry for myself and am having one of those moments where i am completely convinced that everyone else has a perfect marriage where her DH is nice to her all of the time.

<sigh> i can haz pity party? :

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
carrot_flowers is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 10:21 PM
 
makeminepink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Carrot-I am so sorry you are feeling blue. I know when my DH is stressed or work is not going the way he wants, I seem to get ignored. He likes to retreat and lives in a bubble. He is short, doesn't seem to pay complete attention to me and it makes me sad. I think the best thing to do is know and remember that it isn't you...it's him. I try to remember when I am in a funk, I am not the best person to be around. As for the criticizing, I am sure he is just taking out his frustration on you. Doesn't make it right, but you are probably the one he thinks he can be a jerk to.

No one's marriage is perfect. If they tell you so, they are lying! I have been married for 5 years, but have been with Dh for 11 (since I was 18!) and we have gone through lots of crap. I love him and he loves me and at the end of the day, that is what matters. Even if he is an ass to me sometimes and even if I am a mega bitch.

I can haz pity party wit u? I don't want you to be alone. I gotta look for a lol catz pic that we can use as our mascot.

makeminepink is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 10:31 PM
 
carrot_flowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeminepink View Post
Carrot-I am so sorry you are feeling blue. I know when my DH is stressed or work is not going the way he wants, I seem to get ignored. He likes to retreat and lives in a bubble. He is short, doesn't seem to pay complete attention to me and it makes me sad. I think the best thing to do is know and remember that it isn't you...it's him. I try to remember when I am in a funk, I am not the best person to be around. As for the criticizing, I am sure he is just taking out his frustration on you. Doesn't make it right, but you are probably the one he thinks he can be a jerk to.

No one's marriage is perfect. If they tell you so, they are lying! I have been married for 5 years, but have been with Dh for 11 (since I was 18!) and we have gone through lots of crap. I love him and he loves me and at the end of the day, that is what matters. Even if he is an ass to me sometimes and even if I am a mega bitch.

I can haz pity party wit u? I don't want you to be alone. I gotta look for a lol catz pic that we can use as our mascot.


seriously... thank you. it's hard being here alone with only the kitties to talk to. i got all teary-eyed reading your response.

<3

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
carrot_flowers is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 10:33 PM
 
favrielle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_flowers View Post
it makes me really sad. and i'm here all alone and all of my friends here are all wrapped up in their own lives (they all have newborns, wah wah wah) and i kindof need someone to talk to cause i'm just feeling all sorry for myself and am having one of those moments where i am completely convinced that everyone else has a perfect marriage where her DH is nice to her all of the time.

<sigh> i can haz pity party? :
Awww.

Can I join you in the pity party?
Dh called before work this evening (he's working nights, staying about 3.5 hours away) and told me there was a guy at work selling a pistol, and he really wanted to buy it. It was only $300. 300!!! Now, he has a vacation fund that gets a deposit once a month, and the more hours he works, the more he gets. Right now, he's making good money...but in his trade, that's not always guaranteed. Layoffs are pretty common, and with the economy the way it is, I'm being more careful with spending. So, anyway, I'm thinking that the $300 could go towards fencing our backyard, replacing our dying dryer, fixing some minor wind damage on our roof, etc. Household things that need to be done. All he can think about, though, is this gun that would cost him sooo much more new than used from this guy, but honestly he really doesn't need it in the first place!!! : He went all silent on me when I tried to point out the obvious. Good thing I love him so much, 'cause sometimes he makes me just want to pull my hair out.

You're not alone. Maybe we should find some pity party balloons?
favrielle is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 10:39 PM
 
musiclady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 1,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't posted in a while- I just can't keep up most of the time now that school has started. Yeah, get addicted to something during the summer and then try to come off of it.... Sux.

Anyway- I got my first + OPK yesterday at 10am. Here's the weird part- had lots of O pain, then when I POAS again last night around 8pm, it was fading. This morning, lighter. This evening, faint. So I think if I hadn't tested twice a day, I would have missed the +!!!

My temp hasn't gone past 97 at all this cycle. Don't know if it is the new thermometer? I have used the new one all cycle. No crosshairs, no nothin'. It's getting late in my cycle to O- last time it was only 25 days. We're already on CD 18.

Do you think I O'ed yesterday since the OPK faded so fast?

We're still going to get hot and heavy tonight, just in case, and I think most likely for a few days more to be safe.

Geez- I need another spelunking story for inspiration. Last night I had O pain so much that I hardly wanted to be touched. AND I'M FREAKING GETTING TIRED OF FREAKING. I like having sex with my husband. Less so when it's so focused on a goal.

I need some opinions on O and a translation of that OPK. Crazy how excited I was, and now I'm all wondering and anxious. Dumb, huh?

And any advice on the spelunk? I mean, we're kinda having trouble here. Doing it on demand just isnt' working for him. It was fun before, but the digeridoo just doesnt' wanna cooperate.

BTW- I am using PreSeed because the CM just isn't so stretchy.

Married to my best friend, expecting #1 6/09. Little angel came early- 4/10/09, 2lbs 5oz. Lilah Grace:
musiclady is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 10:42 PM
 
carrot_flowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by favrielle View Post
Awww.

Can I join you in the pity party?
Dh called before work this evening (he's working nights, staying about 3.5 hours away) and told me there was a guy at work selling a pistol, and he really wanted to buy it. It was only $300. 300!!! Now, he has a vacation fund that gets a deposit once a month, and the more hours he works, the more he gets. Right now, he's making good money...but in his trade, that's not always guaranteed. Layoffs are pretty common, and with the economy the way it is, I'm being more careful with spending. So, anyway, I'm thinking that the $300 could go towards fencing our backyard, replacing our dying dryer, fixing some minor wind damage on our roof, etc. Household things that need to be done. All he can think about, though, is this gun that would cost him sooo much more new than used from this guy, but honestly he really doesn't need it in the first place!!! : He went all silent on me when I tried to point out the obvious. Good thing I love him so much, 'cause sometimes he makes me just want to pull my hair out.

You're not alone. Maybe we should find some pity party balloons?
thanks for the balloons!!!

my DH has a really bad habit of buying stuff, too. i almost wish he WOULDN'T consult me before his purchases, cause i always end up looking like a megawitch when i say "i don't get it." that's axactly what he would say to me if he know how much i spend on bumble and bumble hair supplies and hair cuts. lucky for him, i don't bother getting approval

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
carrot_flowers is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 10:53 PM
 
carrot_flowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclady View Post
I haven't posted in a while- I just can't keep up most of the time now that school has started. Yeah, get addicted to something during the summer and then try to come off of it.... Sux.

Anyway- I got my first + OPK yesterday at 10am. Here's the weird part- had lots of O pain, then when I POAS again last night around 8pm, it was fading. This morning, lighter. This evening, faint. So I think if I hadn't tested twice a day, I would have missed the +!!!

My temp hasn't gone past 97 at all this cycle. Don't know if it is the new thermometer? I have used the new one all cycle. No crosshairs, no nothin'. It's getting late in my cycle to O- last time it was only 25 days. We're already on CD 18.

Do you think I O'ed yesterday since the OPK faded so fast?

We're still going to get hot and heavy tonight, just in case, and I think most likely for a few days more to be safe.

Geez- I need another spelunking story for inspiration. Last night I had O pain so much that I hardly wanted to be touched. AND I'M FREAKING GETTING TIRED OF FREAKING. I like having sex with my husband. Less so when it's so focused on a goal.

I need some opinions on O and a translation of that OPK. Crazy how excited I was, and now I'm all wondering and anxious. Dumb, huh?

And any advice on the spelunk? I mean, we're kinda having trouble here. Doing it on demand just isnt' working for him. It was fun before, but the digeridoo just doesnt' wanna cooperate.

BTW- I am using PreSeed because the CM just isn't so stretchy.

as far as i know, it isn't like the OPK stays dark until the minute you ovulate - the surge comes in preparation for ovulation and you could O anywhere between 12 and 36 (48?) hours after your + OPK. you could have ovulated today or even tomorrow.

i want to say, too, (as another teacher who knows the difference in stress pre-school and during-school), that you very weill may be Oing later than normal because of the stress you're experiencing with school, and ESPECIALLY because of the stress you're experiencing because of marching band!

i just know your temps are going to be tomorrow and that your crosshairs will show in a few days!

as far as the digeredoo (sp?) goes, I FEEL YA, sister. the same thing happened to me last cycle... and i don't know. i think BJs are usually very useful in getting a man to "respond," and that's exactly what i intend to do this cycle with DH if he's having some baby-making anxiety.

<3s to you, musiclady, and good luck!

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
carrot_flowers is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 10:56 PM
 
favrielle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_flowers View Post
thanks for the balloons!!!

my DH has a really bad habit of buying stuff, too. i almost wish he WOULDN'T consult me before his purchases, cause i always end up looking like a megawitch when i say "i don't get it." that's axactly what he would say to me if he know how much i spend on bumble and bumble hair supplies and hair cuts. lucky for him, i don't bother getting approval
You're welcome!

As for buying stuff...I never by things for myself anymore. Bad habit, really. But, if I get a good l l on my test tomorrow morning, I'm going to have a BLAST this fall buying maternity clothes, and he can just deal.

musiclady -- It sounds like it's possible you O'd. Have some spelunking fun, just in case, but don't stress too much. Yeah, I know, easy to say, hard to do. I don't have much advice on how to get the digiridoo up for some spelunking, 'cause really, extended absence does most of that for my hubby and me. I did pull out the whole naughty schoolgirl outfit for him over his Labor Day visit, thus why I'm in this thread...do you have anything sexy to wear? Maybe just stop focusing on the end goal, and make him feel needed/wanted for *him*? Sorry, that's all I got.
favrielle is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 11:17 PM
 
heatherh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
In a tingly nipple sorta way.
OK, you got me. I.can't.resist.anymore. There is no way I can keep up with this thread, but that's too damn funny to pass up.

:

musiclady - To test your BBT, take your temp during the day when it's always higher than first thing in the morning. Hopefully that will confirm it's working. O can be a bit delayed after + OPK, so keep spelunking until your temp goes up.

So I suppose this calls for a bio. - Zen, hook me up!
Heather, 31, working on #1 (since April '06)
City girl, computer geek, photographer, coaster aficionado, married to my HS sweetheart , mama to one spoiled orange tabby.

Oh, and I'm probably eligible to test sometime in Sept, say the 27th? But I probably won't.
heatherh is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 11:22 PM
 
carrot_flowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherh View Post

Oh, and I'm probably eligible to test sometime in Sept, say the 27th? But I probably won't.
I need to have this attitude! sort of laizes fair about this whole thing.

<sigh>

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
carrot_flowers is offline  
Old 09-16-2008, 11:28 PM
 
heatherh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_flowers View Post
I need to have this attitude! sort of laizes fair about this whole thing.

<sigh>
HA HA. Umm, no. Actually, I was going to jump on the bandwagon about friends who tell you you're too worried/stressed/preoccupied/crazy about TTC. I just got tired of BFNs. Can't take 'em anymore. I can enjoy a maybe a helluva lot more than a NO. YOU'RE NOT. 'CAUSE YOU SUCK. SO THERE. ya know?
heatherh is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:12 AM
 
carrot_flowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherh View Post
HA HA. Umm, no. Actually, I was going to jump on the bandwagon about friends who tell you you're too worried/stressed/preoccupied/crazy about TTC. I just got tired of BFNs. Can't take 'em anymore. I can enjoy a maybe a helluva lot more than a NO. YOU'RE NOT. 'CAUSE YOU SUCK. SO THERE. ya know?
well, that actually makes me feel better.

i feel what other people are saying about how even if you're "relaxing" about; you're still freaking TRYING and you can't ignore some EWCM, for christsake. i'm done temping for now; trying to relax a little bit about it. TRYING.

i get tired of BFNs, too. in fact, i got tired of BFNs the first cycle that we were TTC and pretty much vowed then to never test before AF again. AF seems like a sign of renewal, whereas the BFN is exactly what you said: YOU SUCK AND YOU LOSE.

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
carrot_flowers is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off