Old 09-17-2008, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
Absofriggin'lutely, get typing! ::
LOL. Ok...

First of all, we actually "gave up" TTC after last cycle. I wasn't temping, didn't plan to do anything except keep track of CM so I'd know vaguely when to expect AF. I had an annual appt. scheduled with my OB for the 24th (still do, but I think it'll be more of an annual + preg. confirmation appointment now!)

The big thing was, I ovulated early. WAY early -- CD 13, instead of CD 17-23 (usually 20+). I'm blaming it on the nightlights. Usually, I sleep with my bedroom doors closed and in complete darkness. From CD 8-12, I had two nightlights shining into my room. I'd never really given Lunaception a second thought, but it seems to have worked, even if unintentionally. Either that, or it was just a wacky cycle, but it's hard to tell in hindsight.

Now for the fun part. I seduced Dh. I'm talking all out fun...he came home around midnight on CD 7/8 and I was waiting for him, all dressed up and ready to go. When he left on Tuesday late morning, I sent him off in style with a huge smile on his face, if you kwim. I wasn't thinking about TTC, babies, ovulation, or anything. Just having fun with my sexy, wonderful husband who really needed a physical reminder of just how much I love him for him, not his sperm.

In this cycle, I committed several TTC "sins":

-- I had caffeine daily. Sometimes one can of Coke, sometimes two, sometimes a cup or two of strong tea, too.

-- I took Benadryl and decongestants during what I now know was my "fertile" phase.

-- I didn't do any fancy herbs, supplements, or special diets, and I'm not too sure I remembered my prenatals more than a handful of times until after I O'd.

-- We used Astroglide both times we spelunked that weekend. Saliva, too, technically. No sperm-friendly lubricants here.

-- I got up right after spelunking and went to the bathroom, then took really hot showers (both meanings of the word...Brewer is a plumber/pipefitter, and he built us a kick-ass shower for two...three if you're really friendly!)

In other words, I lived my life as normal and didn't stress (much).

When I felt killer O cramps on CD 12/13 overnight, then found sticky/creamy CM and a firm cervix after, I started back on the TTC train with vitamins and reasonable precautions to keep a potential baby safe, but nothing more than the basics. The only reason I started testing on CD 10 was because I'm supposed to be on oral progesterone as a precaution.

As I said in my blog, I'm pretty sure the gods are somewhere out there, laughing. I'm due on my stepson's birthday, and he's the only person in our life likely to be less than pleased with this development. I'll also be hugely pregnant for the biggest Renaissance Festival of my year next spring.

Anyway, so that was my crazy cycle. I'm not too sure I'm happy to become another one of "those people" that friends/acquaintances will use as "proof" that giving up is the way to get preggers, but what can you do, ya know?

Well, time to get to work. After Wonder Pets is over, I have to get the golden child to do his tracing practice and phonics work.

I hope to see more BFP's here soon!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbutterflykissesm View Post
There she is, my lady of the morning! I'm so sorrry about AF. I thought we would be buddies, because.

Giiirrrrllzzzz.

Check it - top pic= + OPK this morning (this is 3rd morning urine, OK?)
second pic = FRER from today (10dpo)
third pic = FRER from 7 or 8dpo for comparison.

It is faint. But it is THERE!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2458376...n/photostream/
why is the OPK positive? is it a double-duty one that also is for pregnancy?

but the line is so there on the FRER!!!!!! ::::::::
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
Old 09-17-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimunklemama View Post
I knew it from the moment you told me about the insomnia!!!
gbutt, where did you tell her about insomnia? within the last several days I was waking up and couldn't fall back asleep. this happened on Saturday-Sunday night and now this night too.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
Old 09-17-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by favrielle View Post
So...as for me. I could. not. sleep. last night. Again. First, it was my hubby coming home for a short visit this weekend (yay!) and keeping me up too late. Then it was random hunger issues at 11 p.m. for three nights in a row. Now, I woke up at 3 in the effing morning today. It's probably a good thing I temped then, instead of waiting for my usual 6-6:45 time, since I only got 45 minutes of broken sleep after 3.

After all of that, I wasn't sure I wanted to test this morning. A faded line or a BFN was the last thing I wanted to see after so little sleep. Then again, I'm a POAS-aholic... I did it anyway.

I see the line. Do you?

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. On the other hand, that's the prettiest I've seen in a long time. :

Does anyone mind if I stick around until my OB appt. next week?
aaaaaaa! Ladies, something is going on here. anyone else got a bfp this morning? fess up! (not me, i didn't test). we are on the roll here.
congrats favrielle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
Old 09-17-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
There she is, my lady of the morning! I'm so sorrry about AF. I thought we would be buddies, because.

Giiirrrrllzzzz.

Congrats! Holy crap! That line is not faint, I can see it clear as day! I am so excited for you! :

Ok, I just saw your digital test! I so want to test today. I wanna join you!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:

I see the line. Do you?

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. On the other hand, that's the prettiest I've seen in a long time. :

YES I see it! Congrats!::
Stay here, even after your exam. We need you knocked up gals for inspiration.

Two in a day! Yipee! Den DDC here we come!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:39 PM

favrielle - thanks for sharing your story! Also, Ren Faire, eh? I have always wanted to do that or SCA stuff -- I'm especially into period fiber arts like spindle spinning and card weaving and whatnot. I'm always too shy to really get involved though. :
Old 09-17-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
gbutt, where did you tell her about insomnia? within the last several days I was waking up and couldn't fall back asleep. this happened on Saturday-Sunday night and now this night too.
OOOH, I am getting the chills and hoping that you are pregs as well!!! :

It was earlier in this thread - I had said how I was up at 5:20 am for the 2nd or third day in a row - this was last Saturday, about 6 dpo. It had been happening since Thurs. I would wake up, and bam! I was awake! No falling back asleep for me. This has been happening in the middle of the night, too. Every night I wake up at like 1 AM, 3 or 4 AM, then 5:20 or so. I could get up and be wide awake each time... it takes me a while if I try to fall back asleep. And usually I am a GREAT sleeper. Like, I can sleep from 10PM until 6:30 or 7:30 with no problem, and I'm ALWAYS tired when my alarm rings in the morning. Not anymore!

I'll go post my testimonial in the BFP testimonials for your perusal I so hope you are pregs!

Oh, and if you read about OPK's in peeonastick.com (my bible these days), she explains how an OPK can detect LH OR HCG - it's just that you normally don't have HCG before ovulation. But it can't tell the difference once you ARE pregnant, so you COULD get a + OPK because it's reading your HCG level.

BTW, I did NOT get a BFP on my internet cheapies (not even a little bitty line) this morning, but did get a + OPK, and the two tests were FRER and CVS regular digital one.

And Favrielle, I'm jealous - you are going to look gorgeous all pregnant in a beautiful flowing dress w/ your baby bbs all cleavagy up top.

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 PM

just a quick drive-by post cuz i gotta head to work, but : for favrielle and gbutt :

hope everyone has a fab day! :
Old 09-17-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
makeminepink - RockBand is for cool kids! And what I'm about to say is TOTALLY NOT going to prove my point! At PAX we had about... 60? of our WoW guild members there, and we took over part of the second floor and set up a projector, a 360, and RockBand. Random passersby joined in too. Some of them thought it was some official PAX thing and that some random group of people with big pink Annarchy badges was hogging it, ha ha! We also had Bomberman.
That is AWESOME! IMHO, we are the coolest 2 man band ever! We are still on the easy/medium, but we have tons of fun. Can't wait for RB2 to come out next month for the PS3.

2in09--Glad you are safe and back to the thread!

Musiclady- Looks good!

valeria-when are you testing? Everything sounds promising and your chart looks great. How awesome would three BFPs in a day be? that has to be a record right? TEST!

anonyma-TEST! I love seeing BFPs.

LibraryMo-please let us know how the acupuncture goes. I wanna start, but I am afraid of needles and think it will hurt. You gotta give us an honest opinion, k?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
favrielle - thanks for sharing your story! Also, Ren Faire, eh? I have always wanted to do that or SCA stuff -- I'm especially into period fiber arts like spindle spinning and card weaving and whatnot. I'm always too shy to really get involved though. :
Yup, Ren Faire. I love it. I'm one of the most dedicated volunteers at the local festival. Right now, I'm sloooowly putting together a Romani Gypsy and misfit troup to show the festival what real volunteers and performers look like, as their standards are much more lax than they could/should be. When nearly half your volunteers on one shift are no-shows, and the other half look like they got their garb from Fredrick's of Hollywood (not trashing the store, just the idea that their corsets are "Renaissance")...well, yeah. It needs help, and since no one else will step up, I'm fighting my hermit tendencies and doing the job.

I've seen some amazing fiber art coming out of the SCA group around here. They have a whole area of our local festival to themselves for demos, fighting, and such. I always love to see the weavers! Don't worry about being shy...show enough interest, and the problem will be getting OUT of the SCA. (Just ask my hubby... they've been after him to join for years!)

Quote:
And Favrielle, I'm jealous - you are going to look gorgeous all pregnant in a beautiful flowing dress w/ your baby bbs all cleavagy up top.
No flowing dress for me. I play lower class, a Gypsy, actually, so I get to wear the same thing I always wear, just laced differently and with a different chemise. Good thing proper Ren garb easily translates to maternity/nursing! As for the cleavage...well, that is definitely a benefit to look forward to!

Thanks again, ladies, for all the congrats! I'm going to go dream of sewing itty-bitty baby garb now...
Old 09-17-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclady View Post
And any advice on the spelunk? I mean, we're kinda having trouble here. Doing it on demand just isnt' working for him. It was fun before, but the digeridoo just doesnt' wanna cooperate.

BTW- I am using PreSeed because the CM just isn't so stretchy.
I gave DH maca (capsules) for a few days. This morning was really, uh... "GOOD" for him, IYKWIM. He got all bouncy! (I like the top) Yum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_flowers View Post
thanks for the balloons!!!

my DH has a really bad habit of buying stuff, too. i almost wish he WOULDN'T consult me before his purchases, cause i always end up looking like a megawitch when i say "i don't get it." that's axactly what he would say to me if he know how much i spend on bumble and bumble hair supplies and hair cuts. lucky for him, i don't bother getting approval
We have an "allowance". $X at X time each month. Often I squirrel mine away for "large" purchases. I love, love, love to give presents and with this stash build up I bought DH a Beach Cruiser 3 speed (cause they remind us of the Netherlands) for our 11th 'engagement' anniversary. He has no idea (tee hee hee) and it's something that he's wanted, but he's saving up for a medium format digital camera, which is HUGE bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherh View Post
OK, you got me. I.can't.resist.anymore. There is no way I can keep up with this thread, but that's too damn funny to pass up.

:

Oh, and I'm probably eligible to test sometime in Sept, say the 27th? But I probably won't.
Welcome HEATHER! Good to see you from the other side of the board!
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeminepink View Post

Pity party balloons are fun! Who can bring the cake? Seriously though, $300 could buy a lot of diapers. Gotta save all them pennies so when we do end up pregs.
I can bring the cake. I do cheesecake as a side business. What flavors do you want? They are custom cakes and I can do nearly any flavor. (I also do charlottes, but they are too labor intensive for pitty parties! )
Quote:
My temp was up again this morning too. I was going to ignore it, esp after a BFN with my IC. I WASN'T gonna get my hopes up. But then I did an OPK. And it was blaringly positive!!! So now my hopes are up. If temps are high tomorrow AND I have another + OPK, I'm wasting my FRER I think.

Hey - where is minimunklemama? I can't remember where she lives, but I hope Ike didn't get her too! I haven't heard from her in a while and now I feel guilty because I was supposed to wait to test w/ her on Thursday. Sorry mmm, wherever you are!!
: : : GBUTT!!!! YEA!!! PREGS PREGS PREGS!!!! : : :
BTW: What are you talking about, Willis? That's not FAINT!

Quote:
I see the line. Do you?

: : : OMG, do I see a line. YES! It's SO there! And please, stay as long as you like!!! : : :
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryMo View Post
AFM - temp drop this morning at 8DPO. I'm not getting too worked up for a few more days and we'll see what happens. I am looking forward to my first ever acupuncture appointment tomorrow evening, so hopefully that may start to straighten things out.
Uh, that totally could be an implantation dip. Do NOT get fainthearted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonyma View Post
All of these positives! I still haven't bought pee sticks, and I'm only 8 DPO according to FF, and 9 according to my LadyComp (best product name ever!), but now I think I need to get me some, and soon! LadyComp asked me if I was menstruating this morning, and it usually does that 2 days before AF arrives. My LP is generally 12 days, so I was going to try to wait until Friday or Saturday, but now I don't know...
Uh, what's a LadyComp??

minimunklemama: I'm so sorry the witch visited.

Me: Well, I think I'm experiencing my temp dip. Any day now. GREAT spelunking session this morning. Yum, yum, yum!!! GD, my hubby is a stallion!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2in09 View Post
hurricane ike left us without power. we still have no power, tonight i gave in and drove 45 minutes away to stay at my parents house with dh and ds tonight.

also, a question for all, how many days of really stretchy EWCM do you usually get before O?
i'm asking because mine is just barely stretching, but i'm supposed to o tomorrow.
Glad you are okay and hope your power comes back soon! I used to get 3-4 days of EWCM but I've only gotten a day or two recently. I wouldn't be surprised if you O later due to the stress you've probably been under with no power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimunklemama View Post
I can't stand it when guests show up early,especially when they are not wanted:

anyone want to throw me a pity party??
Awww, I hate uninvited guests too. We need those balloons!

Quote:

Giiirrrrllzzzz.

Quote:

So...as for me. I could. not. sleep. last night. Again. First, it was my hubby coming home for a short visit this weekend (yay!) and keeping me up too late. Then it was random hunger issues at 11 p.m. for three nights in a row. Now, I woke up at 3 in the effing morning today. It's probably a good thing I temped then, instead of waiting for my usual 6-6:45 time, since I only got 45 minutes of broken sleep after 3.

After all of that, I wasn't sure I wanted to test this morning. A faded line or a BFN was the last thing I wanted to see after so little sleep. Then again, I'm a POAS-aholic... I did it anyway.

I see the line. Do you?

YAY! CONGRATULATIONS favrielle and gbutt!!
: PREGS PREGS PREGS PREGS

Two in one day indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeminepink View Post

valeria-when are you testing? Everything sounds promising and your chart looks great. How awesome would three BFPs in a day be? that has to be a record right? TEST!

anonyma-TEST! I love seeing BFPs.
YES! We need a third!!

I'm only 4DPO and I want to POAS! Somebody stop me!

Speaking of dh's and finances...Dh called me from work yesterday and had gotten TWO tickets on his way to work. He parks on the street and when he pulled away he did a U-turn (strike 1) without his seatbelt on (strike 2 - what was he thinking??). So there goes 180E PLUS he's going to have to take a class to get his points back because if he gets another ticket right now he will lose his license. So another 200-300E. October and November are our worse months because our city and living taxes are due. I wanted to KILL him!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:10 PM

Olerica - I require delicious cheesecake! I have been dying for a piece for months now but there really aren't any good types available here. And sure, sure, I could just make some (I worked in a bakery, ffs, I used to make 30 a day) but... uh... well, I don't know why I don't just make some. But I want! Mmm, cheesecake. My favorite is the NY style with the brown crust/skin on top, but I also enjoy eating pudding skin and very thin pieces of overgelatinized Jell-O and stuff. I also enjoy chocolate; we had a heroin addict (no kidding) baker who had a TO DIE FOR recipe for chocolate cheesecake at the bakery, but he got fired before I could get it from him. Man that was good.

Oh, and I looked at the Goddess cards, and they do look intriguing. I am trying to decide on some kind of deck to get for myself soonish, so they're definitely under consideration.

Zen, where are ya?

I got my Cernunnos print from Emily Balivet today and it is GORGEOUS. Must frame and hang ASAP. I love it. Perhaps Mr. Cernunnos Fertility God with the Antlers can help us out this month, eh? Time to get knocked up so someone can be reborn in the spring! Let's go!

Favrielle - neat re: Ren Faire. My sister volunteered at the Pittsburgh one for several years, as a Lady-in-Waiting to the Queen. She got to wear the fancy dresses and she looked amazing with her black curly ringlet hair and her pale freckly skin and have I mentioned I resent her sometimes for being so amazingly beautiful? Anyway, I've always wanted to sew myself some garb and wear it... I don't know, around the house or something. Alas, sewing frustrates me no end. The SCA branches here are not terribly close; about an hour's drive, which with gas prices is kind of beyond our reach at the moment. So I will just continue to yarncraft away in the comfort of my own home, I guess.

Man, I'm feeling off today. Guess it's a good thing it's a knitting day and not a writing day, hm?
Old 09-17-2008, 02:39 PM

Did someone say CHEESECAKE??? Oh man, I love cheesecake. I haven't had cheesecake in forever. nomnomnom
Old 09-17-2008, 02:55 PM

:Congrats gbutt and Favrielle!:

2in09Glad your safe.

MMMSorry about the witch

Everyone Have a great day!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 PM

Almost forgot. Welcome new members!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
gbutteryfly -- OMG, congratulations!! That's is a very awesome line and you are so PREGS! Yeah, the 8-9 week thing seems normal but totally obnoxious -- I don't get why they don't see you sooner to at least go over safe meds during pregnancy and morning sickness ideas. My midwives offered an appointment sooner but OBs seem not to do that.
:::::::::: :::

favrielle -- WOW TWO IN ONE DAY!! Congratulations to you! :::::::::: :::

I'm SO EXCITED to see some BFPs in this thread again! It was getting downright depressing!!

Quote:
You're a schoolteacher? Cool! My BFF is too, more on which anon.

However, this morning my thermometer felt nauseated. I had to feed it saltines and it still went and hurled in the bathroom. It can no longer stand the smell of coffee, which it once loved, and ordered me to throw the coffee maker out the kitchen door. Then it started bawling about the poor sad coffee maker and how it was like the Velveteen rabbit. Then it confessed to having stolen all my HPTs and said it had peed on them and gotten a BFP, and it was SO HAPPY. Now it's knitting baby socks. How's your thermometer holding up?
binkin -- LOL! I hope your thermometer has a happy 9 month. :P

musiclady -- You definitely O'd on Tuesday. The length of your last cycle doesn't matter so much as the length of your LP -- total length is subject to change depending on when you O'd, but your LP is usually about the same every time. And your spelunking timing looks great!

2in09 -- I've never located any EWCM ever. (Didn't seem to stop me from getting preggers last time around.) And GO YOU and your future HURRICANE baby!

minimunkele -- Sorry about AF And early -- that's just cruel! (But you're 3 days closer to your next O, woohoo!)

Olerica -- We have done "allowances" in the past, too, and it worked out pretty well for us. Except that DH cheats a lot by buying stuff as "business expenses" (like electronics).

valeria -- Still no AF for you either?? FWIW, I think FF is wrong and you probably O'd the same day I did, the 2nd, which puts us both at 15dpo with BFNs at 14dpo... your temps look WAY better than mine, though, and I think you're totally preggers. Are you going to test again soon? I don't think I will unless I make it to 18dpo. I'm betting on AF showing up tomorrow, though.

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post

Uh, what's a LadyComp??
http://raxmedical.com/

It's a fertility monitor. What's funny is that, in the US, it's only allowed to be marketed as an aid to conception, but its real purpose (and the way it's used in the rest of the world) is as a way to chart to AVOID pregnancy (red light days are fertile; green light days are infertile, for example). Though you can use the LadyComp as a tool to aid with conception, there's actually a product called BabyComp that's intended for that purpose. I've had my LC for almost a year, and I love it.

Now, for people who are highly disciplined, FAM is all you need, and you don't need any fancy German (no)babytometers. However, I am not a disciplined human being, so it was worth it to me to have the machine calculate my fertile/infertile days (it compares your current cycle to your past cycles, and to a databank of stored cycles), so that I didn't wind up pregs before I wanted to be. Now that I want to be, it handily lets me know when's good for that, too.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:37 PM

I love the name LadyComp. It reminds me of Ladytron.

I took some pics today because SOME random commenter on my blog carrot_flowers cough cough said they wanted pics of some makeup whatever, so zen darling, if you would be so kind, can you change my picture to this one?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeniac/...n/photostream/

Thanka!

Seems quiet today. Actually it's seemed quiet all week. I want to change my mood but for one thing, I think Mr. Brooding smiley is the best and also that, quick reply, and smilies are all busted for me. Again. Day 12, I begin to feel that updating Firefox to the new version was a worse plan than any of us could have imagined....
Old 09-17-2008, 03:37 PM

Hey ladies,
I am totally behind, but might as well try to get caught up!

Zen - I love Tristan Brad pitt. The way he moves his mouth in that movie...Oh the best! Brad Pitt is so hot. So is Ryan Reynolds (can't remeber who else thinks that, but I'm with you on it!).

binkin - I thought of you last night. I was giving my DD her herbs last night (sometimes we do valerian root for kids at night when we've had a crazy day, or I don't see her calming down anytime soon), and she wasn't that into it. So I started saying NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM, and she loved it! Needless to say, the herbs went right down the hatch!

GButt and Fav - Holy cow!!!!!!! ::: This totally snuck up on me!!! I didn't realize we'd have two BFPs today! So excited - can't even tell you how much!!! This is so wonderful!! Hooray hooray hooray!

To everyone else - So sorry...this morning was a skim for me...I missed so much by going to bed early yesterday...What am going to do when I'm gone all weekend?
By the way, to anyone who might be interested...I am not spotting today!!!! Hooray. Not sure where I am in my cycle, but can't wait to find out.

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:47 PM

binkin, I lovelovelove that picture. You are beeeutiful!

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:53 PM

See, the NOMNOMNOM has power. I don't see how you can say it and not feel happy. In fact I am reasonably sure that's what this guy is saying: :

gbutt, you're too sweet. I debated using the pirate one instead but man you can see just how f-ed up my teeth are in that one, ho ho ho ha WHEE!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Aside: Did anyone else watch House last night? He made a hilarious comment to Cuddy that involved the word "spelunk" in a sense which clearly implied "activities down there." I told Z I would certainly have to post about this here.
YES!!!!!!!!!!! OH THAT IS SO FUNNY. I totally caught that too.
I love house.

and the Biggest Loser. and i hate that theyre on at the same time!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

bare with me folks...i have like 8 pages to catch up on...
Old 09-17-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
However, this morning my thermometer felt nauseated. I had to feed it saltines and it still went and hurled in the bathroom. It can no longer stand the smell of coffee, which it once loved, and ordered me to throw the coffee maker out the kitchen door. Then it started bawling about the poor sad coffee maker and how it was like the Velveteen rabbit. Then it confessed to having stolen all my HPTs and said it had peed on them and gotten a BFP, and it was SO HAPPY. Now it's knitting baby socks. How's your thermometer holding up?
Binkin, I love you. Sorry your feeling lonely out in BFE.That new picture of you is nomnomnom!

Can I bother you all for some advice?

Dh and I are going to a hot springs this weekend and I wonder if this is irresponsible cause I really hope we have a baby brewing.
I was planing to test on Friday but ff says this is only 9dpo so I don't expect a clear answer.
I know hot tubs are bad for ttc and pregnancy but i don't want to cancel cause this place is hard to get into and we will loose our deposit if we don't go.
I was thinking I could just dangle my legs in the water, or constantly temp to make sure i don't overheat, but that is a little crazier than I like to rock it.

What would you do?
Old 09-17-2008, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

For starters...I will have you know, that I just about BURPED up the 20 (YES 20!) herbal PILLS my little chinese lady just gave me this afternoon after my very first ACUPUNCTURE visit - when I read about our little GBUTT's BFP. THENNNNNNNNNN there was Fav's BFP right after it, and I almost lost the load entirely.

I am so proud. So thrilled...so stoked, for the both of you. HIP HIP HOORAY!!

And now....the moment you've been waiting for (RIGHT?)

PREGS PREGS PREGS PREGS PREGS PREGS PREGS OUR LITTLE GBUTT AND FAVS ARE PREGGGGGGEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRSSSSSS YEAHHHHHH!!!!!! PREGS PREGS!!!!!

You have to promise not to be complete strangers and come visit us in the Zen Den!!

:
Old 09-17-2008, 05:20 PM

zen, how was the acupuncture visit? I've been thinking of going but I do have somewhat of a fear of needles...
Old 09-17-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
zen, how was the acupuncture visit? I've been thinking of going but I do have somewhat of a fear of needles...
oooo...me too! Please do share zen!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABITGRL View Post
Can I bother you all for some advice?

Dh and I are going to a hot springs this weekend and I wonder if this is irresponsible cause I really hope we have a baby brewing.
I was planing to test on Friday but ff says this is only 9dpo so I don't expect a clear answer.
I know hot tubs are bad for ttc and pregnancy but i don't want to cancel cause this place is hard to get into and we will loose our deposit if we don't go.
I was thinking I could just dangle my legs in the water, or constantly temp to make sure i don't overheat, but that is a little crazier than I like to rock it.

What would you do?
Well, I'll tell you what I did when I was pg. with my first. I did get into hot tubs and such. I didn't fall for the extreme "OMG You'll kill/hurt your baby!" scare tactics I was hearing. I did, however, pay attention to my body while in the hot water. The minute you start to feel uncomfortable, hot, or just odd, get out and cool off for a while. If you stop sweating, get out IMMEDIATELY! The idea here is moderation. I think the temp risk for damage is around 101-102 degrees, so if the hot springs is lower than that, you should be ok, but pay attention just in case!

User Tag List