Zen's Den: House of Spelunk (v.II) - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
thanks! the ones I bought are these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230287529687
going by the picture, they look the same as the ones in your link. what does the wrapper on yours say? Mine says Wondfo.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#602 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 05:30 PM

I just ate but all these talks about bacon are making me hungry! and I need to loose weight, not gain another 20lbs!

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#603 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Are you one of the friends from the story about someone's hands being "as soft as a penis?"
WTH??
#604 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

#605 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
thanks! the ones I bought are these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230287529687
going by the picture, they look the same as the ones in your link. what does the wrapper on yours say? Mine says Wondfo.
BINKS!!! HOW COULD YOU MISS THIS. Did I just get ripped off?

All in all I paid 26 bucks and got:

30 pregs tests and 20 opks.

I can live with that. Certainly not the STEAL Vals link claims. DA DAMMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
#606 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
BINKS!!! HOW COULD YOU MISS THIS. Did I just get ripped off?

All in all I paid 26 bucks and got:

30 pregs tests and 20 opks.

I can live with that. Certainly not the STEAL Vals link claims. DA DAMMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
it's still pretty cheap, I think, what you paid.
he seems to cell HPTs probably even cheaper- 25 for $10 including shipping, or 50 for BUT right now I see no OPKs listed for that seller. so you;d still have to look elsewhere for those.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#607 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 05:45 PM

Zen - Probably because I have managed to avoid obsessing over where to buy HPTs for a good three months now, that's how! Val's link is cheaper. I want the OPKs though. Who knows? I should just bite the bullet and order them so I can have the glee of peeing in a cup and then putting a stick in it.

The hands story is a good one, but... well, there was some party, and some drinking, and some lotion being applied to hands to demonstrate its good smell or some such, and a comment was made that someone's hands were "as soft as a penis" -- meaning, the skin on a penis. Which you have to admit is really soft. It just doesn't have the same ring as "baby's bottom" though. Be kinda great if mfrs started using that:
New OLAY REJUVENATING FACIAL - gets your face as soft as a penis!

Gives new meaning to "facial" too... ok, I'll stop behaving like a 13 year old.... Oh, wait, one more thing. There's a building in town that houses a massage center and an OB/GYN so the sign outside says something like "FACIALS / PREGNANCY CARE"
#608 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Zen - Probably because I have managed to avoid obsessing over where to buy HPTs for a good three months now, that's how! Val's link is cheaper. I want the OPKs though. Who knows? I should just bite the bullet and order them so I can have the glee of peeing in a cup and then putting a stick in it.

The hands story is a good one, but... well, there was some party, and some drinking, and some lotion being applied to hands to demonstrate its good smell or some such, and a comment was made that someone's hands were "as soft as a penis" -- meaning, the skin on a penis. Which you have to admit is really soft. It just doesn't have the same ring as "baby's bottom" though. Be kinda great if mfrs started using that:
New OLAY REJUVENATING FACIAL - gets your face as soft as a penis!

Gives new meaning to "facial" too... ok, I'll stop behaving like a 13 year old.... Oh, wait, one more thing. There's a building in town that houses a massage center and an OB/GYN so the sign outside says something like "FACIALS / PREGNANCY CARE"
binkin, you're friggin' hilarious!!!

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#609 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 05:50 PM

Zen, Binkin, I think that seller had OPKs when I was buying my sticks from him. May be not. not sure. i wasn't looking for OPKs, so I don't know. guess you can bookmark the page/add to fav sellers on ebay and if you have to purchase more - look if he's got them or not.
i suer hope you guys got enough and that you'll see your second line very soon, so you won't have to buy any more sticks.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#610 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 05:53 PM

I can't believe I just bought 25 pee sticks. I feel a little woozy. Normally I'm a "wait and see" non-tester. WTH??

Ah, at >$.40 a peice I can pee on things... well, really in things and then use these babies, right?
#611 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

I AM OBSESSED WITH OIL OF OLAY.

I sware by the serum. It rocks my world. I use it EVERY FLIPPIN NIGHT. Its like...well, by golly...just like a WANKER HEAD! friggin buttha.

Oh...for those interested. I appreciate this NYT article:

The 'organic' labeling is getting out of control. No one wants to be left without one these days - so they effing ALL HAVE THEM. And its annoying.
#612 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:00 PM

is it really good, Zen? My face is OK, but eyes ... ohhh my eyes ... and I'm not even 30 yet. but I'm already getting a bunch of fine lines. duh. may be i should try the one for the eyes.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#613 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:03 PM

Yeah, the "organic" label doesn't mean much of anything to me at this point. I'm more interested in sustainable, and that's a whole hell of a lot harder to figure out, because like... a lot of the world's population depends on our weirdass agricultural and transport systems for survival from starvation and blah blah there are like multiple hundreds-of-pages books about this. Anyway.

For cosmetics there's Skin Deep:
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/
#614 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:05 PM

ita - the whole "natural" thing is getting out of control. i don't believe it much any more. i usually know the brands that I trust more and still - i always read the ingridients. always.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#615 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:05 PM

I ADORE this! http://www.daybreaklavenderfarm.com/store/

Their stuff is the SH*T! I have rosacea and it takes it away (you can actually see my photo on their site... somewhere)
#616 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
25 pee sticks! Man, I felt a bit silly when I contemplated buying 2 2-pack boxes at Target. Of course then I peed on one and now that I've only got 1 left I feel like I better hoard it...

16dpo here. I'm spotting and my temp dropped but it's still a tad above coverline. (It doesn't always drop below before AF comes.) I've never had pre-AF spotting before. I feel like I'm stuck in limbo... maybe AF will be showing up for dinner instead of breakfast? :

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
#617 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
is it really good, Zen? My face is OK, but eyes ... ohhh my eyes ... and I'm not even 30 yet. but I'm already getting a bunch of fine lines. duh. may be i should try the one for the eyes.
I use the philosophy hope in a tube eye cream, and I like it, but I'm looking for a handmade/less toxic alternative. We shall see.
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/pro...?prod_id=25969
#618 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
I use the philosophy hope in a tube eye cream, and I like it, but I'm looking for a handmade/less toxic alternative. We shall see.
right now I have Boscia http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/pro...?prod_id=58244
but I don't think it's really doing much to improve things. ;(

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#619 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:16 PM

Oooh, are we sharing beauty products?

I use this eye cream: http://talulahskincare.com/zen/index...products_id=17

It's actually for daytime, but I use it at night, because their night one is too heavy (and I have pretty dry skin). For daytime, I don't use anything.
#620 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Check this for wrinkles (eyes) I have NO wrinkles!! http://www.daybreaklavenderfarm.com/...-pr-16678.html
#621 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:26 PM

OK, Olerica, that kit looks like... to die for. I shall put it on the Christmas list of things that nobody ever actually buys me, along with the cheese of the month club and the bacon of the month club.
#622 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
OK, Olerica, that kit looks like... to die for. I shall put it on the Christmas list of things that nobody ever actually buys me, along with the cheese of the month club and the bacon of the month club.
I use the Calmez Vous: http://www.daybreaklavenderfarm.com/...-pr-16521.html
#623 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 06:38 PM

I just really like the idea of the products, and for some reason the inclusion of rocks to warm up made me get that whole indulgent-spa-at-home feeling. I am perusing the site presently and will probably come up with 800 things I want, I'm sure.
#624 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 07:21 PM

Oh, another note for Kayda's Mom - I KNOW! about the Baby Story episode... and the thing is, that's one of the BETTER ones I've seen. Like I said, I have no idea why I even put it on the TV. Possibly due to a lack of options at 2pm?

I have decided that tonight I am going to sit on the couch, knit, watch crappy-ass movies that make me cry, and eat no-bake cookies. Z's going to reload ammo tonight so I shall be free to snivel in solitude. (I have a hard time being emotional in front of other people, even other people I trust. I'm workin' on it.)
#625 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
so maybe i JUST TEMP TO CONFIRM OVULATION..and then stop??

oh god..here we go.

i knew this was coming. my husband would give me soooooooo much crap . it might not be worth it.

cflowerz - whatcha think? bad...very bad idea? were talkin just for like 8-10 days. once the crosshairs come...then DONE. eh???

i just keep thinking...my cycles ARENT REGULAR. they range from 29 - 34 days!!! i want to know how my LP's are.

excuses excuses... i am lame.
i was thinking that since the OPKs work for you, that you should just go that route. it's not like temping can tell you when you're about to ovulate, you know? i say NO TEMPING.

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
#626 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 07:34 PM

okay, i have thought about it for an extra three minutes and now i am resolute:

NO TEMPING.

i mean. YOU started the NO-TEMP promise, remember? and i mean... you threw your therm away and everything! i think you should hang without it this month!

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
#627 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 09:34 PM

Wow, nobody's said ANYTHING in two hours? I'm... I'm astonished. And disappointed.

Anyway, I tried to watch Steel Magnolias (oh yes, the big guns) but Z came home halfway through and I got distracted and gave up. Perhaps I shall have a tear-fest tomorrow instead.
#628 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Wow, nobody's said ANYTHING in two hours? I'm... I'm astonished. And disappointed.

Anyway, I tried to watch Steel Magnolias (oh yes, the big guns) but Z came home halfway through and I got distracted and gave up. Perhaps I shall have a tear-fest tomorrow instead.
I may be joining you. I feel like AF is around the corner. Please put a spork on reserve.
#629 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Oh, another note for Kayda's Mom - I KNOW! about the Baby Story episode... and the thing is, that's one of the BETTER ones I've seen. Like I said, I have no idea why I even put it on the TV. Possibly due to a lack of options at 2pm?

I have decided that tonight I am going to sit on the couch, knit, watch crappy-ass movies that make me cry, and eat no-bake cookies. Z's going to reload ammo tonight so I shall be free to snivel in solitude. (I have a hard time being emotional in front of other people, even other people I trust. I'm workin' on it.)

ooo- that sounds good- can i join you? i cry in just about all movies which is why i don't watch them anymore. actually, i'll probably drive myself insane checking out charts on the 'net. shit. i need to get knitting again. i can't chart stalk and knit at the same time. maybe i'll pull out a ufo this evening...

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09
#630 of 2251 Old 09-18-2008, 09:58 PM

are my temps "all over the place?" really? or am i just sensitive?

(someone on another fertility site said this to me on my first ever comment and mentioned i should maybe set my alarm. wtf? back away from the thermometer sister...)

2vbac mama to dd1-5 3/4, dd2 3, and ds- 07/10/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page