Zen's Den: House of Spelunk (v.II) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
First ... 3  4  5 6  7  15  55  ... Last
Trying To Conceive > Zen's Den: House of Spelunk (v.II)
RABITGRL's Avatar RABITGRL 03:56 PM 09-12-2008
You ladies are so busy on here, this thread is gonna get huge like the last one!

Thanks to everyone who gave an opinion on my chart. Maybe I did O, but now I'm worried we didn't do enough spelunking. It's not always easy cause Dh works a lot and needs his rest. Well there's always next time.

This seems like a good question for the House Of Spelunk:

How do you get a tired/sleepy partner interested in a ride on the spelunk train?

zenproofstella's Avatar zenproofstella 03:58 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda_z View Post
This thread has a life of its own!

Olerica: I would gladly accept position as Foreign Affairs Liason.

Zen: I know the confusion about your chart sucks pretty hard, but everyday that I zoom by and see your temps up makes me smile.

Binkin: Those lyrics are Hi-larious!!

I have to say how much I love the idea of having our photos up with the bios. It's so nice to be able to put a face to a name.

Gbutt is the coolest nickname ever.

Here's a go for my bio:

Jenny, 37 years old, with #3
A scientist, mom, wife, and daughter. This year we turned trisomy 13 lemons into lemonade when we welcomed our darling son, and bid him farewell. Natural birther, babywearing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, palliative care believer. Peace.

My photo.

:YAY!! you are so beautiful too...

all of yous. hot mammas up in here.
zenproofstella's Avatar zenproofstella 03:59 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABITGRL View Post
You ladies are so busy on here, this thread is gonna get huge like the last one!

Thanks to everyone who gave an opinion on my chart. Maybe I did O, but now I'm worried we didn't do enough spelunking. It's not always easy cause Dh works a lot and needs his rest. Well there's always next time.

This seems like a good question for the House Of Spelunk:

How do you get a tired/sleepy partner interested in a ride on the spelunk train?
ummmm.


LURE HIM WITH FOOD?



Hmmm...perhaps you aught to try out one of those FISHNET BODYSUITS??? Anyone????
LibraryMo's Avatar LibraryMo 04:02 PM 09-12-2008
peanutbuttercup: I love the design of the restaurant's website. It's simple and classy and the color choices are very laid-back yet inviting. How cool to own a restaurant. I would just love to own a yoga studio. I taught yoga for a few years back when I lived in NY and I fantasize about opening my own place. Some day...

Zen I think you have created quite a community here. I can't possible keep up with you all.
zenproofstella's Avatar zenproofstella 04:30 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryMo View Post
peanutbuttercup: I love the design of the restaurant's website. It's simple and classy and the color choices are very laid-back yet inviting. How cool to own a restaurant. I would just love to own a yoga studio. I taught yoga for a few years back when I lived in NY and I fantasize about opening my own place. Some day...

Zen I think you have created quite a community here. I can't possible keep up with you all.
I know. I've been doing VERY LITTLE 'WORK' lately. Its so addicting.
makeminepink's Avatar makeminepink 04:31 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post
Amen, and AMEN!

BTW: I think you are so awesome and COLIO (even though I jez met ya) 'cause of your freakin awesome job. God, I wish you had to be "unemployed" though. Hope you get your wish for a new job title soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonyma View Post
Thanks for doing the work you do, makeminepink. It's so important for women in abusive situations to have advocates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
:
Thank you girls! I really love what I do. I went to law school thinking and hoping to make buku bucks, then met all my classmates and thought "hells no. I am not like them." So I jumped shipped, went the public sector route and now 90% of my clients pay me with gratitude and baked goodies. I used to work for a non-profit agency, but government funds have too many strings attached and we could never represent the women who truly needed our help (because of immigration issues or making "too much money") I quit and took many of the cases we couldn't at the agency. My husband is so patient and understanding. We are a one income family and he works very hard so I can do what I do.

I will catch up with everyone's posts soon. Just thought I would say thanks!
zenproofstella's Avatar zenproofstella 04:50 PM 09-12-2008
Why NOT to look at your chart more than ONCE a day...


IT AINT GONNA CHANGE!


valeria_vi's Avatar valeria_vi 05:16 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABITGRL View Post
How do you get a tired/sleepy partner interested in a ride on the spelunk train?
ummm.. flirt in the evening to build up excitement.
or sometimes if he goes to bed earlier, i then wake him up gently and lovingly.
gbutterflykissesm's Avatar gbutterflykissesm 05:19 PM 09-12-2008
Matildaz, s for your son.

Makeminepink, yeah, you go girl.

RABITGRL, my bf and I are both sleepy people. If we wait until we are watching TV at night and expect to spelunk after that, forget it. So we have begun spelunking when I come home from work. I've started taking a quick shower right when I get home so he can accost me when I've gotten out. That helps a lot. Or on a weekend, i will walk around in a skirt w/ no undies and once I've flashed him several times, he's ready to go!

Pbcup - Ah, "Weschesta". Yup. snootville. I for one, don't like NY city - I'm a small town girl at heart and a bit of a hermit - so I don't mind being away. But the more conservative mindset is hard to bear, at times (such as an election year...) I will definitely know if we ever head in your direction! (we're going camping up in kerr lake near durham in a few weekends - I can't wait!)
binkin's Avatar binkin 06:11 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
Why NOT to look at your chart more than ONCE a day...


IT AINT GONNA CHANGE!

I would love to help if I didn't do the SAME FREAKING THING UGH. I tend to stare at mine like some revelation is suddenly going to leap forth and make it all clear. In some ways I wish I hadn't started paying attention again because today I've been all "omg really I could be pregnant, that could've been implantation spotting, it could be true" and then my brain says "it hasn't been true at any point in the past 10 months, why would it suddenly be true now? back up, missy!" and ARGH. And there's that LINE, you know, but I've had "triphasic" charts before and it's not like I even know for sure which day I ovulated and UGH UGH UGH. See... this is why I stopped charting. I almost watched all that shit on TLC about babies today but then I stopped myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABITGRL View Post
This seems like a good question for the House Of Spelunk:

How do you get a tired/sleepy partner interested in a ride on the spelunk train?
OK, so, Z is a morning person and I am a Night Person Extraordinaire, like if left to my own devices I go to bed at 5am and wake up at 1pm and think that's just skippy. (I'm currently trying to adopt a more normal schedule, but whatever. I work for myself, you know?) So I have quite a bit of experience in this area, because Mr. Z goes to bed at like 10pm, and my spelunking drive hits rather later than that, usually.

Generally I either try to catch him when he comes home from work, or I wake him up in a nice way. He never seems to mind, and if he's so sleepy he's incoherent I usually just, you know, leave it. But generally he wakes up and... yeah.
binkin's Avatar binkin 06:12 PM 09-12-2008
Also, I am suddenly nauseated and I'm EXCITED about that. Probably just the cheese I ate for lunch, I mean really.
anonyma's Avatar anonyma 06:16 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
I know. I've been doing VERY LITTLE 'WORK' lately. Its so addicting.
Ditto.
peanutbuttercup's Avatar peanutbuttercup 06:58 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
: for you!
how did she do when she was born early? did she have trouble or was she ok?
Oh lordy what a long story. I will try to be quick. I was on vacation in the Outer Banks, and my water broke. I was transferred three hours by ambulance to Norfolk VA where she was born (that's another story). Then she was in the NICU for three weeks and DH and I lived in the Ronald McDonald house across the street from the hospital. We drove home 21 days later - it took 9 1/2 hours!!
We believe she was born early because she was being attacked by fibrous tissue in utero. This is known as amniotic band syndrome (ABS), and it is super rare. Her right hand was affected and looks like a little fin. It doesn't have much function, but it has been amazing to watch her adapt. We are incredibly lucky. Many children who have ABS don't make it, or lose entire limbs. We had no idea anything was wrong until she was born!
Now she is such a delight - so much personality, and seriously high maintenance (love it!). I can't imagine life without her or having any other crazy birth story. She is still breastfeeding and cosleeping, and I never want her to grow up!! (ok, well maybe when I get pg I'll change my mind on that one!)
Sorry such a long response!


Quote:
Originally Posted by RABITGRL View Post
You ladies are so busy on here, this thread is gonna get huge like the last one!

Thanks to everyone who gave an opinion on my chart. Maybe I did O, but now I'm worried we didn't do enough spelunking. It's not always easy cause Dh works a lot and needs his rest. Well there's always next time.

This seems like a good question for the House Of Spelunk:

How do you get a tired/sleepy partner interested in a ride on the spelunk train?
Seriously, I just go down town. Works every time... I have to say though, that gets annoying. I wish he initiated more! But, like your DH, he is tired and overworked. I feel horrible for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryMo View Post
peanutbuttercup: I love the design of the restaurant's website. It's simple and classy and the color choices are very laid-back yet inviting. How cool to own a restaurant. I would just love to own a yoga studio. I taught yoga for a few years back when I lived in NY and I fantasize about opening my own place. Some day...

Zen I think you have created quite a community here. I can't possible keep up with you all.
Thanks so much! We have really put so much love into it. I wish it was completely ours...we are only part owners. The main owners are amazing people, and our closest friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonyma View Post
Ditto.
I third that.
valeria_vi's Avatar valeria_vi 07:25 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
Oh lordy what a long story. I will try to be quick. I was on vacation in the Outer Banks, and my water broke. I was transferred three hours by ambulance to Norfolk VA where she was born (that's another story). Then she was in the NICU for three weeks and DH and I lived in the Ronald McDonald house across the street from the hospital. We drove home 21 days later - it took 9 1/2 hours!!
We believe she was born early because she was being attacked by fibrous tissue in utero. This is known as amniotic band syndrome (ABS), and it is super rare. Her right hand was affected and looks like a little fin. It doesn't have much function, but it has been amazing to watch her adapt. We are incredibly lucky. Many children who have ABS don't make it, or lose entire limbs. We had no idea anything was wrong until she was born!
Now she is such a delight - so much personality, and seriously high maintenance (love it!). I can't imagine life without her or having any other crazy birth story. She is still breastfeeding and cosleeping, and I never want her to grow up!! (ok, well maybe when I get pg I'll change my mind on that one!)
Sorry such a long response!
not long at all!
it truly is an amazing story. what an ordeal for you guys to go through especially being away from home. i am glad to read that he is adapting nicely and is doing fine. and her pictures - she is such a doll! adorable!

I imagine a new restaurant is quite exhausting on your dh. may be, one day, you guys will own a restaurant 100%. right?
ainh's Avatar ainh 08:48 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
Why NOT to look at your chart more than ONCE a day...


IT AINT GONNA CHANGE!

of course, there is even less reason for *me* to look at your chart more than once in a day but those charts addictive...
2in09's Avatar 2in09 09:06 PM 09-12-2008
hello my pretty concieving bitoehes,

this is the first natalee drunk dial to my homeskillets in the ttc mdc.
i drank lotsd of wine/beer after works becauserr its frid-ay. i ahaven;t ovulated eyet. it's okay.

jusmping poor dh's bones tonightnm.

better get preggers sonn. we all RICKK with an I!!

back to frinking with dh. grandme has ds. whoo-whoo!

yes, it;sssss on ly 7:00
Kayda's Mom's Avatar Kayda's Mom 09:15 PM 09-12-2008
Re: Originally Posted by RABITGRL
How do you get a tired/sleepy partner interested in a ride on the spelunk train?

With a bang.
b-girl's Avatar b-girl 09:16 PM 09-12-2008
Sorry I've been out of the loop lately..

I love the drunk dials and all you ladies RICK!

Looks like I might not being O'ing this cycle. Work has been stressful, but I start a new job Monday -- yay. Maybe I'll just O late this cycle.

My bio is coming soon..


Now I'm off to try to catch up on all I've missed these past two weeks.
binkin's Avatar binkin 09:18 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayda's Mom View Post
Re: Originally Posted by RABITGRL
How do you get a tired/sleepy partner interested in a ride on the spelunk train?

With a bang.

stretch358's Avatar stretch358 10:31 PM 09-12-2008
I got my AF headache and spotting today temp stayed down so she is on her way. I went to the brewpub after work, only had one beer as I was driving. so no drunk dial from me. I will be ovulating towards the end of our vacation so getting in enough spelunking should not be a problem.

Bikini sending you good vibes
peanutbuttercup's Avatar peanutbuttercup 10:40 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch358 View Post
I got my AF headache and spotting today temp stayed down so she is on her way. I went to the brewpub after work, only had one beer as I was driving. so no drunk dial from me. I will be ovulating towards the end of our vacation so getting in enough spelunking should not be a problem.

Bikini sending you good vibes
So sorry stretch...on a positive note - that's a lovely LP!
binkin's Avatar binkin 10:53 PM 09-12-2008
stretch, and thanks for the good wishes. Still not sure what's going on, but... hm. This is so TMI, but my inner woman-parts, the "cave" of "spelunking" if you will, feel like they do when AF is about to start. So I think it's just a weird cycle.

It's Friday! And someone said spelunk train!
People all over the world
Join hands
Start a spelunk train
Spelunk train
stretch358's Avatar stretch358 11:26 PM 09-12-2008
Bikini-That song created some great images in my mind.

Peanutbuttercup - Thanks for noticing the LP nowhere else in the world would someone notice how nice it was and comment on it.

The positive part of this AF is that I can now drink on vacation, and I will definitly not have morning sickness on vacation.
zenproofstella's Avatar zenproofstella 11:29 PM 09-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch358 View Post
Bikini-That song created some great images in my mind.

Peanutbuttercup - Thanks for noticing the LP nowhere else in the world would someone notice how nice it was and comment on it.

The positive part of this AF is that I can now drink on vacation, and I will definitly not have morning sickness on vacation.
HAVE ONE FOR ME PLEASE!!!

sorry stretch

i agree on the LP - thats def. something to be happy about!!
Olerica's Avatar Olerica 12:07 AM 09-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeminepink View Post
Thank you girls! I really love what I do. I went to law school thinking and hoping to make buku bucks, then met all my classmates and thought "hells no. I am not like them." So I jumped shipped, went the public sector route and now 90% of my clients pay me with gratitude and baked goodies. I used to work for a non-profit agency, but government funds have too many strings attached and we could never represent the women who truly needed our help (because of immigration issues or making "too much money") I quit and took many of the cases we couldn't at the agency. My husband is so patient and understanding. We are a one income family and he works very hard so I can do what I do.

I will catch up with everyone's posts soon. Just thought I would say thanks!
You are welcome. Man, I wish there was a way for women who have means to be able to contribute to you doing your pro-bono stuff. Now, that would be so cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
Oh lordy what a long story. I will try to be quick. I was on vacation in the Outer Banks, and my water broke. I was transferred three hours by ambulance to Norfolk VA where she was born (that's another story). Then she was in the NICU for three weeks and DH and I lived in the Ronald McDonald house across the street from the hospital. We drove home 21 days later - it took 9 1/2 hours!!
We believe she was born early because she was being attacked by fibrous tissue in utero. This is known as amniotic band syndrome (ABS), and it is super rare. Her right hand was affected and looks like a little fin. It doesn't have much function, but it has been amazing to watch her adapt. We are incredibly lucky. Many children who have ABS don't make it, or lose entire limbs. We had no idea anything was wrong until she was born!
Now she is such a delight - so much personality, and seriously high maintenance (love it!). I can't imagine life without her or having any other crazy birth story. She is still breastfeeding and cosleeping, and I never want her to grow up!! (ok, well maybe when I get pg I'll change my mind on that one!)
Sorry such a long response!




Seriously, I just go down town. Works every time... I have to say though, that gets annoying. I wish he initiated more! But, like your DH, he is tired and overworked. I feel horrible for him.



Thanks so much! We have really put so much love into it. I wish it was completely ours...we are only part owners. The main owners are amazing people, and our closest friends!



I third that.
That's an amazing story! Glad to hear that your daughter is finding wonderful ways to adapt to her circumstances (I won't say disability because it does not sound to be one for her).

My DH is the same. He expresses desire for a child, and he's so stressed that the though (and sometimes the act) of spelunking is overwhelming. Weekends are better for us so HAPPILY I've not O'd YET!

Where's Ms Carrot FlowerZ?
binkin's Avatar binkin 12:47 AM 09-13-2008
So
(1) I think AF is here, hiss, but hey -- it's a new cycle for vitamins and temping and all that jazz and continuing to get healthier every day, right? sorta, I'm still eating chocolate cupcakes if I wake up and AF's in full force. But maybe it means I'm ovulating earlier in my cycle, too. That would be weird. (I choose to believe that rather than short LP >.>)

(2) Gas here? $5.11/gallon for regular, which is price gouging, but apparently since we didn't BUY any we can't REPORT it as such. Hopefully someone does.

(3) Do we have anyone in Ike's path? If so I really hope you guys are safe somewhere.

(4) I am working on setting up my Etsy shop; I'm finishing one last pair of mitts for a trade and then I'm going to do one for the shop I probably will buy sig ads here on MDC once I... you know, get the money to pay for one. This has been on my wishlist of stuff to do since 2006 so I am pleased. Very pleased.

(5) Do any of you do anything with tarot cards? I am interested in them, right now mostly as a means to create plot and characters for novels

(6) BORED and SLIGHTLY SAD about AF and Ike and gah. OK! Thanks for bearing with my crazy-rant for today!
peanutbuttercup's Avatar peanutbuttercup 01:19 AM 09-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post
You are welcome. Man, I wish there was a way for women who have means to be able to contribute to you doing your pro-bono stuff. Now, that would be so cool!

That's an amazing story! Glad to hear that your daughter is finding wonderful ways to adapt to her circumstances (I won't say disability because it does not sound to be one for her).

My DH is the same. He expresses desire for a child, and he's so stressed that the though (and sometimes the act) of spelunking is overwhelming. Weekends are better for us so HAPPILY I've not O'd YET!

Where's Ms Carrot FlowerZ?
Thanks Olerica...you are right, it is certainly not a disability! She uses it like a little shovel and scoops things up...holds them against her body....She has changed my life. Really. Seriously. Soooo much. I am truly truly blessed. The scary part now is that we are coming up possible surgery to help her with function. Youch.

Oh, she's up. Write more later.
gbutterflykissesm's Avatar gbutterflykissesm 08:50 AM 09-13-2008
Hi Girlies! so for some reason I have been getting up at 5:20 for the past few mornings. WIDE awake. Even on saturday. for no reason. Oh well..

Binkin That gas price is ridiculous! One bad thing about where I live is it's baaaad for biking or walking. I have to cross a bridge to get to work, and if I had to ride my bike over it, I would prob get killed (no bike lanes). Sucks. Etsy shop sounds cool! I have a friend who reads tarot cards... what kind of info are you looking for?
Also, AF sucks. Sorry. Drink a beer for me!

PBcup Ruby is adorable and sounds amazing!

Stretch Sorry about AF!

AFM, temp still up (although it was only 97.9 last night - below coverline - and 98.4 this morning - normal for after AF. I thought it was supposed to be HIGHER at night?! Oh well. I'm testing out the OPK/HPT theory still too. My OPK wasn't as dark as yesterday am when I peed on it this morning, but it was darker than it had been yesterday afternoon.... (yesterday afternoon I P'd on it and there was no line at all).

I cracked and bought 2 frer's I'll take next wed.

Funny story - BF and I were talking last night about Baby Mama, and I was telling him how I almost cried when she got a BFN, and he's like "what's a BFN?" So I told him what BFN and BFP were... He was like, "ooooooooooh! I thought a BFP was a Big Fat something else and I thought you guys were being dirty!" hahahahahaha!
binkin's Avatar binkin 10:43 AM 09-13-2008
Temp's definitely down this morning so I'm sure AF will be here in full force shortly, not least because of the monster cramps. It's interesting; this will be my shortest cycle since I started keeping track (2 years).

I want to go back to sleep and do nothing today. It's pouring so that's not conducive to productivity for me, either (prefer to curl up and read). zzzz
anonyma's Avatar anonyma 11:08 AM 09-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
I want to go back to sleep and do nothing today. It's pouring so that's not conducive to productivity for me, either (prefer to curl up and read). zzzz
That's exactly how I am; I got out of bed this morning, noted the weather, and lurched back to bed with a book. Now, I'm out and about to see if the dog is willing to brave the drizzle (he hates rain, and refuses to go outside in it -- and he's over 80 pounds, so most of the time he gets his way).

AFM, temps are down this morning, but I don't know if it's significant or not.
First ... 3  4  5 6  7  15  55  ... Last

Up