Zen's Den: House of Spelunk (v.II) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
zen, thank you, thank you for starting this group! this is so much more my scene... i always thought BDing was creepy sounding and personally preferred GIO (get it on), but i think spelunk sounds even more fun! mind if i join?

i'm a pittsburgh girl living life on the west coast with my super-hot, not-super-fertile husband and our giant puppy. hoping to get knocked up sometime during the next year, but until then drooling over everyone else's cute babies while i'm an apprentice midwife.

ps. binkin, funny seeing you here. i swear i'm not stalking! GO STEELERS!
#242 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 04:17 PM

peanut- sometimes a girl just wants to binge. here, i'll make it better.. i'll eat a brownie with ya.

binkin- that may be the cutest 'i want a baby' whine ever.

dk- good symptoms! goodluck! :

valeria- what a lovely story! i'm sure dd will love that when she grows up.

carrot- i binge for about a week before af and the whole time af is in town. don't worry, you'll work it off with next months spelunking.

kayda- i hear ya sister. i am even scared to do a home birth. with my first i had a midwife in a hospital. it turned out that if we hadn't been in a hospital, ds could have died. he couldn't breathe on his own. this time i will be with a natural minded doc in the hospital as well. (the midwife is back in new jersey, we're in the midwest now, where midwives are few and far between).

mimi- i. love. your. kids. clothes. just wait till i concieve again, missy! your stuff will be cleared out! and btw, did i hear a mention of a possible bfp in your post!?!!??! also, how did you meet your american dh? i love the s.o.b. idea. if your know another language you can call him anything you want and get away with it.

gbutt- i use acrylics while ttc, gestating, or lactating. but my sil owns an art school, and she painted while lactating, but not while pg. she used turpenoid instead of turpentine though. she switched to acrylics too once she got an oppsie bfp with her dd though.

zen- congrats on your new beginnings. when you have a wacky cycle like that, sometimes it's just a relief to start over.

afm- we had another awesome sunday boinkfest. : i love weekends.
only one more spelunking day for me, and then i have to chill before o comes.. i'm still holding off on the orgasms. i know a lot of people say they had dd's w orgasms aplenty, but i just want to do everything i can. i've made it this far, right? anyways, after o i am going to either attack dh or vibrate myself until i chip a tooth.
#243 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse08 View Post
mind if i join?
welcome dear! :
#244 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 04:28 PM

Well a big ole' - on my test this morning. Well it was more of yet another fabulous $ store evap. Gotta love those %$*&^^ $ store tests.

7(ish) DPO so not a huge shock.

I'm telling myself it's too early, but it seems that's always the first step on to the slippery slope of denial that ends in my period.

Good luck to everyone!

<3 Dena

Wife to M 4.04 and Mama to hopmad.gifJ the activist 5.06, superhero.gifSammy Tsunami 12.09, and stork-girl.gif  coming soon!

#245 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 04:36 PM

Zen, are your cramps any better? how are you feeling?
your chart does look awfully similar to mine. yes, I just gotta wait one way or the other. the reason my frustration is so high was because i really was feeling like my body was working like it should this month. that all my symptoms came together nad I oed, then the temp went up like it should. I was feeling like everything was falling into place. and now I am confused again. I was planning to go for acupuncture if this cycle won't work out, but who knows how long I have to wait to know? Another 2-3 months or just acouple of days? The uncertainty is terrible.

I never finished writing Ester's birth story. But the basic thing is that I was in a total denial that I was in full blown labor. I had insomnia for several nights in a row preceding labor, then I still had to go to work, so I was beyond exhausted. In fact, I was so exhausted, I didn't realize that my contractions were consistent and actually strong. I was laying in bed, waking up for every one of them with one thought - how friggin' annoying that I am awake again and can't get a good night's sleep. I was looking at the clock each time I woke up and I still had no clue how close they actually were. It's as crazy as it gets. It wasn't helping that I wasn't feeling tightening of my entire uterus. They felt like sharp, but very localized pains in my cervix only. So I was aware that something was going on, but I was too out of it to realize I was in labor. I just thought it was pre-labor stuff, my body gearing up. I was 10 days before edd, but I was sure I was gonna go late, so that didn't help either.

I waited till the morning to call my mw. I mean, why would I call someone at 3-4am? : I am not *that* kind of person. But by my MWs account, she also didn't realize how far along I was because I was handling the contractions so well. She said that when I had one during our phone conversation, I only had to put the phone down in the middle of a contraction. So she figured I was in labor, but really not that far along. She said she was gonna take a shower, call her apprentice and they'll head over to our house (almost ah hour away).

One of the weirdest things about my labor what how "out of it" I was about being in full blown labor - I was looking at the clock and having no clue how close the contractions were. I guess I was in labor-land (plus sleep deprived), and even the intensity of what I was feeling did not give me any clues. Even though I came to a point where I was starting to wince every so often and dh and to remind me to breathe deeply.
But at the same time, I was so "over-educated" about what was going on with me. I kept telling dh that it was probably early labor, since I am only feeling stuff in my cervix. And he trusted me (although he was getting scared because if that is early labor, then what the hell is to come. thank g-d he didn't say anything out loud).

I started feeling pushy. Except you know what they say about pushy. You feel like you gotta go. So since I kept thinking that I was in early labor, I thought I had to go to the bathroom. But I can't go, I kept telling dh. I am only 2cm or so dilated, and if I push, my cervix will swell. I called the mw - she said - go, you'll feel better. Next phone call to the MW. "omg! Tracey! I screwed it up! I pushed and my water broke! I am really in labor now!". She was very calm. and reassured me that they were coming.

So it finally dawned on me that I am in full blown labor, but I still did not realize how close I was. I remember telling my dh after my water broke that now the contractions will get worse. After the next one I just said "I told you so". So now I was on a mission. I had to get to the restroom and poop. I mean, what if I will be in labor for 5 days like this lady I wrote about earlier today. I get up and head to the bathroom. That's when I feel the baby drop. I put my hand down there and it all feels hard. I tell him "the baby is coming now!", but I don't think that he realized how close "now" actually was. Interestingly, I had no panic at all. I was still not very logical, though, because I did not turn back and go to the bedroom. I proceeded to where I was going - the restroom. Talk about *cookoo*. : We had a huge birth tub in our bedroom, but of course it was empty and I realized there was no time to fill it up. I started asking dh to fill up our regular tub, but he had to wash it because the baby will be born there. I kept telling him that it's clean enough and I don't care, but I'm telling you - he had no clue how close everything was. Eventually I called him to see that the baby's head was out. I remember thinking to myself that I should check for the cord around the neck, but for some reason I never did (I probably should have, even though she didn't have it). I caught her by the armpits and lifter her up to my chest. Dh missed her birth because he went to look for the phone to call the mw to ask her to hurry up. That is the only thing that I regret about Ester's birth - that dh missed the moment of her slipping into the world.

I was very logical after the birth as well. I stayed calm and told dh to go to the kitchen and get a particular bowl from a particular shelf for the placenta. I started shaking and explained to him that it is a normal post-birth hormonal rush. Then I was sane enough to tell him to call Tracey (the mw) again and ask her what to look for so I don't hemorrhage.

I mean. how is it possible to be present enough to keep thinking all of these details and yet be so out of it, I never realized I was in full labor until pretty much the very end. Don't ask me. I have no clue. What I do now is that I had some emotional baggage and from that perspective, i got the best birth I could possibly get. I loved my mw to pieces, but in my heart I still wanted to be alone as much as possible (and she was ok with that because she is very hands off and trusting of birth). I feel like some higher power watched over me and granted me the best birth experience I could have. Not only do I not have any additional emotional trauma after it, it actually helped me heal some of the past ones.

Total birthing time from the beginning of infrequent cervix pains to baby - from about 7pm to about 10:30 am the next morning. the mw came about an hour after Ester was born.

So there you have it - I've written two novels in less then 24 hours. One of how I got pregnant and now this one. It is very much not like me to write so much. Man, I hope you all won't think I am beyond cookoo.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#246 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
zen, thank you, thank you for starting this group! this is so much more my scene... i always thought BDing was creepy sounding and personally preferred GIO (get it on), but i think spelunk sounds even more fun! mind if i join?

i'm a pittsburgh girl living life on the west coast with my super-hot, not-super-fertile husband and our giant puppy. hoping to get knocked up sometime during the next year, but until then drooling over everyone else's cute babies while i'm an apprentice midwife.

Woo woo! Pittsburgh pride all up in here! Hey yinz, let's make some tiny Steeler fans! : How do you like being an apprentice midwife? Sometimes I contemplate doula-dom but I am not sure I have the personality for it.

to all. I have showered and feel more human again.
#247 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
mind if i join?
anyone who thinks highly of spelunking is welcome here. come and join us on the couch. now grab some of that Mimosa Zen didn't want to give me earlier today. Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2in09 View Post
valeria- what a lovely story! i'm sure dd will love that when she grows up.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
afm- we had another awesome sunday boinkfest. : i love weekends.
only one more spelunking day for me, and then i have to chill before o comes.. i'm still holding off on the orgasms. i know a lot of people say they had dd's w orgasms aplenty, but i just want to do everything i can. i've made it this far, right? anyways, after o i am going to either attack dh or vibrate myself until i chip a tooth.
so is it supposed to be higher chances for a boy if you don't have an orgasm? I get quite "spelunking-happy" around O, so I have no clue how you are managing to hold it off for days in a row.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#248 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 04:47 PM

valeria, I don't think you're cuckoo - I like reading your stories! Please to type more!
#249 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
valeria, I don't think you're cuckoo - I like reading your stories! Please to type more!
may be you don't think I am cuckoo because you're cuckoo yourself. j/k of course. thanks, binkin!

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#250 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 05:12 PM

I feel so terrible for being so self-centered. But writing out the (very condensed version of) Ester's birth story just brought back so many memories, I need to share. I think the link should work - here are some pics from when she was born.
http://picasaweb.google.com/me.doubl...y=m9glzv-a8IE#

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#251 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

WELCOME!!! A few questions....your name, age, TTC#?, and that aught to do it!!! So glad you found us ;-)

Quote:
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Val -

wow. that is so incredible!! what a story. you're like ...a SUPERHERO!!! I don't know how the hell you did that. I can't imagine.

i kept thinking the whole time as I read all that...that it sounded very much like how I imagine my husband would have it - were men able to have the babes. I told him the day after i came out of the ER from a ruptured cyst (= HELL), that I was so not the better candidate for 'having babies' - of the two of us...and asked him if he could, would he be willing to 'take one for the team'...he said ..

"of course. only I'd totally go off into the woods and drop it". haaaaaaaaaaaa.

that is so like him. me...hate to say it, but my pain threshold is about....non existent. I have none. i am scared to death of delivering. and as for my 'birth plan'....for real? I haven't thought that far ahead.

Getting through the experience - however way I need to - is my plan. I imagine once I go through it once, I'll have a better idea of how I want it to be. I can't possible make judgements about what is the best way to do it - until I have some personal experience with it.

That was a great story - thanks for sharing it with us V!
#252 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria_vi View Post
I feel so terrible for being so self-centered. But writing out the (very condensed version of) Ester's birth story just brought back so many memories, I need to share. I think the link should work - here are some pics from when she was born.
AMAZING!!! love it.

Beautiful girl. ;-)

BINKIN - sorry you're having such a rotten day!!
#253 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 05:20 PM

I am not cuckoo! OK, maybe I am. >.>

Thank you for sharing your story and those gorgeous photos.
#254 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Woo woo! Pittsburgh pride all up in here!
Holy cats, no kidding! Hey there, pittnurse!

I'm sorry that you're feeling down, binkin. I think that talking to that midwife sounds like a good plan. At the very least, it's always good to have someone to talk to IRL who understands how crazy-making this baby-making shit is, mirite?

(Not that I would know, seeing that I only have all y'all invisible Internets people, but it's how I imagine it working, y'know?)

BFF and I are making brownies and catching up on The Closer, and I hope everyone else's Sundays are equally satisfying.
#255 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 05:41 PM

Zen, I have no time for another novel right now - dd is calling me. BUT when I was 15, ytes that is 15 I had the same experience. I didn't have the ruptured cyst, but I had the whole experience of catheter and filling me up through it and blah blah. I so so so unnderstand you. it's true - IV was nothing in comparison. I'll write more when I have time. gotta run now. so sorry.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#256 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 05:45 PM

zen, the name is rachel, age 22, ttc#1, off bcp for 12 cycles, now working on getting dh's swimmers to overcome some obstacles thanks to cancer he had almost 4 years ago

valeria, LOVE the pic of you and ester in bed right after the birth! *le sigh*

binkin, being an apprentice rocks of course, i just started attending births this month so i'm not totally sleep deprived yet...

2in09, thanks for the warm welcome you might want to invest in a mouth guard for your post-o festivities, otherwise your chipped tooth might scare dh off from future spelunk fun

speaking of which, i really hope the steelers win tonight so dh is in the mood for some fun before the craziness of his final exams week starts
#257 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 05:52 PM

anonyma, you're a pittsburgher too?! we're gonna have lots of babies decked out in black & gold around here!
#258 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 06:03 PM

Well.. I'm back. I still haven't gotten caught up on all I've missed, so : for BFPs and s for those who have been visited by

I will get myself caught up and I definitely will work on becoming a more active participant in the very near future.

In the meantime, I was missing basically because I had thrown the towel in for the cycle. I've had craziness at work, and figured it would play a huge roll in the cycle and figured I'd have an anovulatory (or at least a very delayed O). But alas, here I sit with a huge question mark in my brain. My chart does not show a clear temp shift... and I was thinking maybe I haven't even O'ed yet. I decided to see if I could find that cervix so many fondle and explore on a daily basis. So I think I found it, and I think it seems soft -- who knows where it is, and heck how do I know if it's open or not. But when I decided I had enough of that I realized what I had been marking as "watery cm" these past few days is actually globs and globs of creaminess. I'm pretty much swimming in this stuff. I had a massive amount of egg white CD18 and weirdness in my tummy since CD 20, or so. This weirdness in my tummy has meant no spelunking since early last week.

Ahhhh.. if you got through that nonsense, basically what do you think of my cycle. Do you think I'm gearing up to O (or possibly having an anovulatory this month)... do you think I already O'ed -- curious if you do what day. What the heck does this mini pool of creaminess in the underpants mean? Have you had this before? Life was good before I decided to go exploring my female netherparts .. I was excitedly looking forward to ending this cycle and starting a new one. Now instead I get to obsess and wonder why the heck I have so much gas in my tummy and creamy galore in my lady drawers!

:
#259 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DklovesMkandJK View Post
Well a big ole' - on my test this morning. Well it was more of yet another fabulous $ store evap. Gotta love those %$*&^^ $ store tests.

7(ish) DPO so not a huge shock.

I'm telling myself it's too early, but it seems that's always the first step on to the slippery slope of denial that ends in my period.

Good luck to everyone!
lolz. this is why i don't test until after AF is a no show... not that that scenario has ever happened. but, i started 7 DPO testing on cycle 1 and it was a big fat frakking disappointment every morning.

good luck, chica.

Christie, mama to Maggie Lee 2/25/10
#260 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
O - I will give you a full report. so de herbs...yuck eh?

that sucks.

i can't wait to get on a 'plan'. ANYTHING. i need to really refocus my energy this month. obviously what i've been doing aint helping anything.

by the way - ive always wondered this. your name. where did it come from?? strangely...my maiden name...is Olrick.
The herbs suck... like char from a campfire, dandilion greens, and something else I can't identify. But, I just swish them in a bit of water and down the hatch.

Olerica is a re-spelling my maternal grandmother's middle name (Emma Augusta Olerika Humberg Hanaman). It is very German.
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrysash View Post
I've been lurking for a while. Yall are all amazing inspiriations! I'm not sure I'm cool enough for this thread...

Anyway, I was wondering...what exactly is an unassisted birth? It is it a home birth without a midwife or doula or anything? Just curious.
If you had any idea what a dork I am in real life, you would feel so at home here.
Quote:
Yup, pretty much, or at least that's my understanding of it.

I decided to email the midwife I was in touch with last year, since she also does fertility counseling (herbal/homeopathic stuff in conjunction with acupuncture and whatnot) and I'd maybe like to get her thoughts. Because it really has been almost a year for us.

Sorry I'm so self-centered talky today. I'm just kinda down, I suppose.
Oh honey, you are entitled to down days sometimes. Have a nomnom cheeseburger whilst waiting for your nomnom baby.

Quote:
How do you hold off on orgasms? Without any sort of theatrics I have the big O 3 to 6 times. How do you do it?
Quote:
PittNurse, welcome to the pit crew!
Quote:
Amazing story and amazing photos! She is beautiful!

B-Girl: Do you have a chart to share? I think our cycles are similar this time.
#261 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 09:43 PM

seriously, valeria_vi.

that's amaaaaaaaazing! thanks for sharing.

#262 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Yup, pretty much, or at least that's my understanding of it.

I decided to email the midwife I was in touch with last year, since she also does fertility counseling (herbal/homeopathic stuff in conjunction with acupuncture and whatnot) and I'd maybe like to get her thoughts. Because it really has been almost a year for us.

Sorry I'm so self-centered talky today. I'm just kinda down, I suppose.
I think it's a great idae to et in touch with her. And don't ever feel bad about feeling down - that's what we're all here for! Love you girl!

Quote:

me too. let us know how the conversation with the mw goes. good luck!
Quote:
Valeria, What an amazing story and great pics too. You are a strong woman, and I look up to you.

Zen, ouch! You totally took one for the team...What a crazy story. Glad it's over for you.

To everyone else, I hope we all get BFPs together....so we can share stories, and pics of growing bellies, and thoughts about whatever. I am hoping and hoping that this happens. I don't want to lose all my wonderful Zen's den house of spelunk spelunking crazy gals!!!!!!!
BFPs BFPs BFPs BFPs BFPs!!!!!

Lauren, wife to Brian, mom to Ruby (05.10.07) and Sylvie (09.30.09) and baby #3 to arrive in March 2014!

#263 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttercup View Post
To everyone else, I hope we all get BFPs together....so we can share stories, and pics of growing bellies, and thoughts about whatever. I am hoping and hoping that this happens. I don't want to lose all my wonderful Zen's den house of spelunk spelunking crazy gals!!!!!!!
BFPs BFPs BFPs BFPs BFPs!!!!!
i second this.

#264 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post

B-Girl: Do you have a chart to share? I think our cycles are similar this time.

Zen's still got it on the first post of the thread. But here is my FF chart
#265 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_flowers View Post
i second this.
I am third on the ziggurat of agreement. This is an awesome group and I really want to see us stick together.

And now I bet halftime's over so I'd better get back to watching this horrendously boring Steelers game.
#266 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 11:05 PM

Ok, so I just caught up to the last 48 hours of posts. What did I read, like 10 pages? I know if I ever need to vent, bitch or just talk to someone, one of you (or all of you) will be there. That is a great feeling.

valeria_vi- Your stories and pictures are great. Thanks for sharing. I can only hope I will be as sane as you were during labor. I think I would completely spaz out and shut down.

zenproofstella- Hope you found your Midol and those cramps are gone. I HATE cramps. I have like zero pain tolerance as well. Cramps kill me! Can you imagine me giving birth!? Yikes...this is why I don't think about it to much. I figure I should get knocked up first, worry about birth later.

binkin- Feel better. I am going to whip up a batch of Oatmeal Cranberry cookies in your honor. How far away are you from CA? Wanna come by and pick some up?

DklovesMkandJK- Hang in there and stay positive. A CD 7 BFN means nothing--o, except that you are a POAS-aholic and test too soon.

pittnurse08-Welcome!

peanutbuttercup-loved your story as well. I was fighting back tears reading. Always a good sign of a great story!

2in09- My fortune cookie from dinner earlier this week read, "With great sacrifice, comes great rewards." I think this should been your fortune. Good luck this cycle! I hope all those "lazier" sperm catch your egg!

Olerica-thank you for reminding me about the utility of temps. I gotta remind myself not to become obsessed with every little increase or drop!

Everyone else-I am sorry for not keeping up and I wish the topic review showed more posts! I don't want anyone to feel left out or ignored.

I second(third, fourth?) PBC's mantra: BFPs BFPs BFPs BFPs BFPs!!!!!

AFM-FF changed my O date yesterday from CD 16 to CD 18. I guess it makes more sense, but I hate that I am now only 4 DPO instead of 6 DPO. This is my first month charting and one of the few times I have ovulated (thanks Clomid!) so I have no idea if the program is correct. I kinda think I O'd sometime during the night of CD18 or the evening of CD 17. I had really bad O pain for two days, then woke up on CD18 with no pain. Has FF ever changed any of your O days? What's the deal? Ahh...no more obsessing. I am not testing anyway until the 25th if AF doesn't show so I shouldn't stress right?

Have lots of fun tonight! I was thinking about playing with my wii fit tonight. DH loves me to "hula" in only a tee and panties. Really revs him up and always makes for great sweaty spelunking! My fave!
#267 of 2251 Old 09-14-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I am third on the ziggurat of agreement. This is an awesome group and I really want to see us stick together.

And now I bet halftime's over so I'd better get back to watching this horrendously boring Steelers game.
Enthusiastically fourthing, and adding my admiration for use of the word "ziggurat" -- and a confession that I am not watching the Steelers game, but am getting ready for bed (weekdays = early wakeup).

Also, in the next couple of days, I'm going to pick up some sticks upon which to pee, though I don't plan to pee upon them until the end of the week.
#268 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 07:28 AM

Hello, my busy ladies! I can't reply to all of you because I can't think straight yet this morning, but binkin - lunaception... I do think it's interesting... but I definitely am not fertile at the moon phase from when I was born. I am fertile at exactly the waxing moon and always get AF at the full moon (this is since I went off the pill.

Valeria_vi Wow. You are a tough chick. Your pictures and story are beautiful.

Pittnurse Hi! Welcome to the cave, lady!

Zen Did you go kayaking? The nantahala is fun. I've been white water canoeing up in that shit. I will not do it anymore, and stick to flatwater now with outriggers, because we flipped our canoe last april in what might as well be called Alligator River. Not fun. Mud up to our waists. Now I'm a scaredy cat.

AFM Aaauuuggghh! Oh, can I scream again? AAAUUGGGHH!! Ok, I'm 8dpo, FRER -, but...my OPK was practically freaking positive. AND yesterday my stomach (uterus/ovary area) was - not cramping, but it was tight and felt like it was "Knotting up" all day. And I was queasy all day. NOt nauseated, just queasy. I don't know if I was working myself up or what. My temps are not super high, but I am usually spotting by now, and we spelunked last night and not a drop of blood was to be found. So yes, I am freaking myself out. I know I should just sit back and know that if I AM pregs, I already AM, and if I'm NOT, I'm NOT, and there is nothing I can do about it. But now I really really really just wanna know! AAAUUGGHHH!!!

So here are some pics of the OPKs. From top to bottom, it's Saturday AM, Sunday AM and this AM. (Note: ever since I've been POAS the OPK's AFTER ovulating, they are darker in the morning. Also Note: normally, the OPK's are as light at the top one - like before O, when there's no surge). What do you think?

OPK Picture #1
Different View if you are as obsessive as I am

At least this experiment is keeping me busy!

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

#269 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbutterflykissesm View Post
Hello, my busy ladies! I can't reply to all of you because I can't think straight yet this morning, but binkin - lunaception... I do think it's interesting... but I definitely am not fertile at the moon phase from when I was born. I am fertile at exactly the waxing moon and always get AF at the full moon (this is since I went off the pill.

Valeria_vi Wow. You are a tough chick. Your pictures and story are beautiful.

Pittnurse Hi! Welcome to the cave, lady!

Zen Did you go kayaking? The nantahala is fun. I've been white water canoeing up in that shit. I will not do it anymore, and stick to flatwater now with outriggers, because we flipped our canoe last april in what might as well be called Alligator River. Not fun. Mud up to our waists. Now I'm a scaredy cat.

AFM Aaauuuggghh! Oh, can I scream again? AAAUUGGGHH!! Ok, I'm 8dpo, FRER -, but...my OPK was practically freaking positive. AND yesterday my stomach (uterus/ovary area) was - not cramping, but it was tight and felt like it was "Knotting up" all day. And I was queasy all day. NOt nauseated, just queasy. I don't know if I was working myself up or what. My temps are not super high, but I am usually spotting by now, and we spelunked last night and not a drop of blood was to be found. So yes, I am freaking myself out. I know I should just sit back and know that if I AM pregs, I already AM, and if I'm NOT, I'm NOT, and there is nothing I can do about it. But now I really really really just wanna know! AAAUUGGHHH!!!
Okay,you and I need to make a pact as we are both doing the same thing.driving ourselves CRAZY!!!!! I have exactly the same symptoms as you as guess what??last night I woke at 3.30 and it took me forever to go back to sleep!!!!arrrgghhhh.I want to run out and buy a three pack right now (note the time )
Your chart looks great
let's make a pact,no more testing until thursday morning(do you know how hard that wasto write thursday??I want to scratch it and say,tues eve!!LOLL )
THURSDAY AM,what do you say??

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#270 of 2251 Old 09-15-2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimunklemama View Post
THURSDAY AM,what do you say??
I WAS going to test on Wed... but I will wait until Thurs. (I hope.) Hey - I edited my last post. Check out my opk's. Weird, (in a good way) right? And that they are darker in the morning than at night? When before O it is the opposite?

Crazycrazycrazy. Only thing is, my bf's friend from college is visiting on Wed night - Friday. So I might cave and test on wed before he gets here. But I will try to hold out w/ you mmm.

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page