How long between mittelschmerz and ovulation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-12-2008, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Just wondering if you mamas have any insight. I don't temp as my nursling gives me crazy charts, but I always feel ovulation (and it correlates with CM, CP etc). I am wondering if you temping mamas think O pains happen before O, after O or at the exact same time? Thanks in advance! :

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2008, 12:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had pre o pain for up to 5 days before O then the actual O pain which felt different and then up to 3-5 days after O. So I learned through charting to tell the differnce but it was pretty obvious to me exactly when the egg poped if I was really paying attention.

I wanted to add that my O pain is sharp stabs pre O then a really sharp stab when the egg releases, then back to milder stabs after. I am not crampy or achy just the stabs like being poked with a needle.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 09-12-2008, 02:16 AM

hey there was a thread on this in the main fertility forum a few days ago, you might find it interesting.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:17 AM

I can usually tell almost exactly when the egg "pops". I usually get a tightness around the pelvic area for a couple of days, a sharper almost pain in the area of the ovary and then just a dull tightness again.

I would say ovulation pain isn't a one time thing, that is evolves over about a week or so.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:22 AM

Studies have shown that women are equally likely to have O pain before, during, or after ovulation.

Not surprisingly, most women believe their O pain happens right at O.

Mine always happens on the day of O though.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
Old 09-12-2008, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hey, thanks for the thread link, texaspeach. Very helpful.

I usually feel it after a few days of EWCM, it lasts 2-3 hours, goes away suddenly and the next day my CM changes. So maybe for me it's on O day? I mean, I feel crampy/full for a few days, but what I call "mittelschmerz" is that more intense, shorter-lived pain.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.

User Tag List