Who else is 8DPO (9/15)? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really don't believe in charting any more. If you have low progesterone (and with an 8-day LP you may indeed), your temps don't rise at the proper time. I have gotten pregnant three (possibly four) times now with OPKs - each time on the first or second month trying. I know this is mostly because I'm healthy, but I also believe it's because OPKs are crazy accurate.
#62 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ima-06 View Post
I really don't believe in charting any more. If you have low progesterone (and with an 8-day LP you may indeed), your temps don't rise at the proper time. I have gotten pregnant three (possibly four) times now with OPKs - each time on the first or second month trying. I know this is mostly because I'm healthy, but I also believe it's because OPKs are crazy accurate.
I use those too, also because I'm low-progesterone. I'm supposed to start supplementing the prog. 2-3 days after ovulation, so the docs have me use them to pinpoint O to know when to start the meds. But I never did chart so I can't compare there.

I was 7DPO on the 15th, can I join your club? I tested this morning--BFN-- but at 10DPO I don't know what the odds are for getting a even if you *are* pregnant. Either way, getting pregnant doesn't excite me the way it used to, so I'm feeling pretty stable about it.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#63 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
I was 7DPO on the 15th, can I join your club? I tested this morning--BFN-- but at 10DPO I don't know what the odds are for getting a even if you *are* pregnant. Either way, getting pregnant doesn't excite me the way it used to, so I'm feeling pretty stable about it.
wow, mara. four miscarriages! i'm so sorry. i really feel for you; i've had two in the last i think four months. welcome to our little club.

edited to add: i started using progesterone this month. it's absolutely disgusting. i just had to warn you.

meanwhile i ran to chinatown and got a VERY questionable pregnancy test, and it came up faintly (!) positive, too. so i'm calling this not a false positive but possibly still residual hcg from last month's miscarriage. we'll see if the tests (you know there will be more than one) are more positive tomorrow and sat.
#64 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 02:28 PM

well i tested and the worst thing happend to me...it was invalid..no negative or positive...im smad: i did everything llike the box said and for some reason i messed it up..but im gonna take it as a sign to wait alil while longer..but i hope this wait is worth it..
#65 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babygirl View Post
well i tested and the worst thing happend to me...it was invalid..no negative or positive...im smad: i did everything llike the box said and for some reason i messed it up..but im gonna take it as a sign to wait alil while longer..but i hope this wait is worth it..
how frustrating.

what is everyone's definitely pregnant-or-not date? i think mine is saturday, which would be "four weeks" pregnant.
#66 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

1babygirl....is it possible that you didn't hold the strip in your urine long enough? I was having the same thing happen with my OPK's until I started holding them there till the color started to show spreading up the test area.

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#67 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 03:48 PM

mine would be the 23rd i think...im hopin for a pos on the next one i take..i know im new to this and u guys probably are way past this subject but can u tell me what symptoms u had 8dpo and on....
#68 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 03:53 PM

carrin- i actually saw a blue line in one window but not the control window..i think i might have left it there to long...it said 5 seconds..lol..but then again it was a cheap test..i know i did something wrong next time i will use a cup
#69 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
wow, mara. four miscarriages! i'm so sorry. i really feel for you; i've had two in the last i think four months. welcome to our little club.

edited to add: i started using progesterone this month. it's absolutely disgusting. i just had to warn you.

meanwhile i ran to chinatown and got a VERY questionable pregnancy test, and it came up faintly (!) positive, too. so i'm calling this not a false positive but possibly still residual hcg from last month's miscarriage. we'll see if the tests (you know there will be more than one) are more positive tomorrow and sat.
Thank you. I've actually been on the progesterone for awhile; the last pregnancy I was taking it but it didn't help, but anyways I'm used to it. How are you taking it? Mine is a vaginal suppository, 50mg twice daily. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babygirl View Post
Arrrgh how frustrating! I had that happen once too, and it was with first morning urine-- once it's gone, it's gone! I always do the pee-in-a-cup routine now, partly because of that incidence, so that I can test again with the same pee if I have to. (of course sometimes it's the LAST TEST IN THE HOUSE too.)

#70 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 04:15 PM

> Thank you. I've actually been on the progesterone for awhile; the last pregnancy I was taking it but it didn't help, but anyways I'm used to it. How are you taking it? Mine is a vaginal suppository, 50mg twice daily. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! :

mine is also a vaginal suppository. i got some free samples (the stuff is expensive!) and they're twice a day 100 mgs. on saturday if i'm still pregnant i start twice a day, 200 mgs.
#71 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:

i had a m/c too-back in July, and I was gone for about a week and a half came back tested and there was no positive test. I was only 7 weeks along, but after a MONTH I am gonna guess that the hormone is out of your system unless it was further along...I mean, if you ovulated and everything already I am pretty sure that pg hormone isn't lurking around anywhere...? (right?)

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#72 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykbird View Post
i had a m/c too-back in July, and I was gone for about a week and a half came back tested and there was no positive test. I was only 7 weeks along, but after a MONTH I am gonna guess that the hormone is out of your system unless it was further along...I mean, if you ovulated and everything already I am pretty sure that pg hormone isn't lurking around anywhere...? (right?)
proooobably. but opks can pick up hcg and look like you're ovulating when you aren't.
#73 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 06:43 PM

We lost our baby at 9 1/2 weeks on May 9th. June 13th I had a BFP that was residual HCG! I was pissed.
#74 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 06:55 PM

joannamf, I am sorry to hear that...
I am sure that was NOT fun to see...

(i guess everyone, like most things in the fertility ballpark, is different)

always :
#75 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 08:19 PM

oh no. i'm so sorry. i am afraid that's what's happening here, too.

i guess they'll tell by the hcg level on monday, and by its doubling time, and then by ultrasound confirmation, right?
#76 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 09:22 PM

I'm sorry for the mamas who have had losses. I had one early loss while TTC DS2 and it was really hard. I can't imagine a later loss, that has to be really hard.

My cutoff date is Sunday. If I don't have at least a faint BFP by then I will give up. I will be either 13 or 14 DPO by then and I've never had a LP longer than 14 days. I'm still unsure of what to expect because this is my first PPAF. I did start getting creamy CM again and that threw me off. I'm usually dry up until AF shows up. But honestly, I'm not feeling very pregnant at all right now.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#77 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
I'm sorry for the mamas who have had losses. I had one early loss while TTC DS2 and it was really hard. I can't imagine a later loss, that has to be really hard.

My cutoff date is Sunday. If I don't have at least a faint BFP by then I will give up. I will be either 13 or 14 DPO by then and I've never had a LP longer than 14 days. I'm still unsure of what to expect because this is my first PPAF. I did start getting creamy CM again and that threw me off. I'm usually dry up until AF shows up. But honestly, I'm not feeling very pregnant at all right now.
HEY that's like me this cycle! wonder what that means...
and I don't feel pregs...i mean, I don't NOT feel pregs I just feel like me.

always :
#78 of 114 Old 09-18-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykbird View Post
HEY that's like me this cycle! wonder what that means...
and I don't feel pregs...i mean, I don't NOT feel pregs I just feel like me.
i have to admit that despite two BFPs (possibly three) today i don't feel very pregnant either. let's hope that means you are pregnant and not that i'm not pregnant.
#79 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 08:03 AM

weeeelll, another faint positive this morning at "13 dpo." feeling very doubtful. anyon else tested?
#80 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 09:08 AM

My temp dropped below the coverline this monring and AF showed up shortly after. I have to admit I'm slightly relieved. I wanted to have one PPAF. DS2 was born with a heart defect and it sounds silly but I felt like my womb needed to be cleaned out between babies. Now I feel better about having another pregnancy in the future.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#81 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 09:09 AM

11 dpo and BFN w/ internet cheapie! I'm 80% sure i'm out.
#82 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning AF! Ah crap....this stinks!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#83 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannamf View Post
11 dpo and BFN w/ internet cheapie! I'm 80% sure i'm out.
Are you temping? If so, what is your temp doin?

Sorry Carrin

#84 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 09:31 AM

I'm not tempting, I'm using a clearblue monitor that was peak 11 and 10 days ago. I used to temp though, and I took my temperature this am and it was 98.2, I just went back and looked at my past temps and my high is usually 98.0 so that looks good.

I know one temp doesn't mean much, but I wanted to see if it was low. My temps start out in the 96's and usually go to the 97's after ovulation.
#85 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
My temp dropped below the coverline this monring and AF showed up shortly after. I have to admit I'm slightly relieved. I wanted to have one PPAF. DS2 was born with a heart defect and it sounds silly but I felt like my womb needed to be cleaned out between babies. Now I feel better about having another pregnancy in the future.
well, that's good then.
#86 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannamf View Post
I'm not tempting, I'm using a clearblue monitor that was peak 11 and 10 days ago. I used to temp though, and I took my temperature this am and it was 98.2, I just went back and looked at my past temps and my high is usually 98.0 so that looks good.

I know one temp doesn't mean much, but I wanted to see if it was low. My temps start out in the 96's and usually go to the 97's after ovulation.
that makes you 10 dpo, not 11. so that's good.
#87 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
that makes you 10 dpo, not 11. so that's good.
Yep and a lot of people don't get a faint positive until around 11 DPO or later. The fact that your temp is still high is a really good sign. My temp usually drops a bit the day before AF and then really drops the day of AF.

#88 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
> Thank you. I've actually been on the progesterone for awhile; the last pregnancy I was taking it but it didn't help, but anyways I'm used to it. How are you taking it? Mine is a vaginal suppository, 50mg twice daily. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! :

mine is also a vaginal suppository. i got some free samples (the stuff is expensive!) and they're twice a day 100 mgs. on saturday if i'm still pregnant i start twice a day, 200 mgs.
Everybody seems to be on a higher dose than me. I'm going to ask my REs about this, especially since I was using them throughout the last failed pg.

#89 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 11:58 AM

Hi all!

Just checking in. BFN for me this morning on 11 DPO (well see my post on that one)

It's crazy because I really would have put money on this month. Same 'symptoms' with J and then some. And, I'm still getting CM with AF due somewhere between Sunday and Thursday (I think. My shortest cycles lately have been 26 days which would be Sunday)

Good Luck to everyone and Congrats to gbutt and any other BFP! :

<3 Dena

Wife to M 4.04 and Mama to hopmad.gifJ the activist 5.06, superhero.gifSammy Tsunami 12.09, and stork-girl.gif  coming soon!

#90 of 114 Old 09-19-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
Everybody seems to be on a higher dose than me. I'm going to ask my REs about this, especially since I was using them throughout the last failed pg.
i want to tell you that i have no real reason to believe i need progesterone except for the fact that my second miscarriage was at five weeks while my first was at ten weeks. i took one progesterone test on a day i think was one day after ovulation and it was normal. i had a repeat test a week later and it was through the roof with 2x100mg daily. so what can i say? i think everyone who miscarries two or more times gets progesterone.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page