Who else is 8DPO (9/15)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone with me today? I am wishing so hard....so far, mild cramps yesterday and the day before, but that is it.

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 03:37 PM

Woohoo! I'm exactly 8 dpo today - who knew?

I am wishing so hard that I am having anxiety attacks, pretty much. NOT conducive to the pregs! I've had mild cramping, too - not even really cramping, just feeling like my uterus and ovaries are in knots. My bbs hurt (the pain has moved to the base of the bbs whereas around O time it was my nips that hurt) and... my OPK's are getting darker.

When are you testing? I tested today and it was BFN. I'm trying to hold out until Thursday morning.

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

#3 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

I tested today also and got the same. This is my third day of cramps....very mild, but there. Yesterday, my uterus felt sort of swolen and tight.

What are you doing with the OPKs? I have a bunch of them....should I be using them up too or should I just stop the obsessing and wait until Thursday? LOL

Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b1852

#4 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 06:00 PM

Whoa, your temps are off the charts girl! Your chart looks beeutiful.

I am just peeing on the OPKs so I have something to pee on I got internet cheapies - 100 of em. might as well pee on them. And then I am saving them and lining them up next to each other to see if one is darker than another. Because I am obsessed. HOnestly and truly.

And because technically, if you can get a BFP on a HPT, you should get a pos OPK as well, since it can't tell the difference between HCG and LH. (wow, I used 5 acronyms just now! i sound like I'm speaking a different language) If you go to peeonastick.com she talks about it a bit. Technically, the OPKs are not necessarily supposed to get progressively darker if you're pregs, but mine are. So here's hoping! Good luck to you! I am going to test on Thurs (if I can hold out ) with an internet cheapie HPT and then if that's a BFN and no AF, I'll test with FRER on Saturday.

If I don't die of a heart attack first. Gah!

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

#5 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Hey....I just looked at your art link in your siggy. I used to live in Wilmington also (just for a few months though). UR lucky!

#6 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 06:47 PM

Hi girls! Can I join in?

I'm 8 DPO today too.
I've had nipple/BB pain for a few days and some cramping and weird abdomen feelings. Yesterday I swear I could smell the lunchmeat in my grocery bags from the front seat of the car and J's yogurt from the table in the kitchen.
I really, hope that's not in my head! (that was one of my first symptoms with J!)

I really hope I'm Pg this month (don't we all?) because if I'm not I'm beginning to worry there is something wrong with me. (with all the odd 'symptoms' not how long we've been trying)

I tested yesterday and today. Both BFNs. (I know, I have a really big problem. I think it's directly related to how close the dollar store is )

<3 Dena

Wife to M 4.04 and Mama to hopmad.gifJ the activist 5.06, superhero.gifSammy Tsunami 12.09, and stork-girl.gif  coming soon!

#7 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DklovesMkandJK View Post
Hi girls! Can I join in?

I tested yesterday and today. Both BFNs. (I know, I have a really big problem. I think it's directly related to how close the dollar store is )
Honey, you're not the only one! I am getting scared that if I am pregnant, I'm going to kick it out because I'm stressing so much. I've been getting pain since yesterday on either side of my lower abdomen - just kind of pressure, not crampy pain.

Part of the reason I have so much hope, too, is that my LH has never been longer than 9 days, and I'm usually spotting on day 8, even if it's just after sex.

Friday and this weekend I couldn't stand to have empty dishes from lunch laying around with salad dressing in them - it smelled so strong. ANd today driving in to work I swear I could smell onions in the air! Like from the wild ones that grow in the grass.

Carrin Did you come to Wilmington for school or something? Why such a short time? I love it here - I moved from CT about 4 years ago because I couldn't do the cold weather anymore. We walked around downtown this weekend (which we don't do often enough) and it reminded us of why we love this place.

#8 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbutterflykissesm View Post
I love it here - I moved from CT about 4 years ago because I couldn't do the cold weather anymore. We walked around downtown this weekend (which we don't do often enough) and it reminded us of why we love this place.
What a small world. DH was born and raised in CT. First in Fairfield then in Monroe.

I am having AF like cramps. Real ones - like not in my head ones

I know I had that with J, but I think it was much later. Well, I guess it's either really good or really bad. J was nursing a lot early this cycle and I'm hoping it didn't screw my LP to the point I get AF on CD 20!

Hey, now that I think about it, maybe I'm pregnant!

Ha ha ha ha

<3 Dena

Wife to M 4.04 and Mama to hopmad.gifJ the activist 5.06, superhero.gifSammy Tsunami 12.09, and stork-girl.gif  coming soon!

#9 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 08:13 PM

ooooooo.oooh.....
me.... well. i'm 7 dpo. and wishing. and thinking too much about the test i took yesterday that had a wicked evap. line....at least that what i think it musta been. am resisting the tempation to run to the dollar store and try yet another ten or twelve to see.
been crampy and achey for the past two days...had spotting on saturday and tons of white cm.
what else are you gals feeling like?

its fun to have company.
#10 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 08:22 PM

I'm 8 DPO too! I'm not temping because I'm still nursing but I'm using OPKs and keeping an eye on CM. I've been crampy today too. I had my pap done today and have some spotting now. I'm not sure what is going on but I do know that with DS2 anytime I dtd in the TWW I had spotting. So I'm taking it as a good sign. I've been holding off on testing because I know it is too early but I'm dying to know!!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#11 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 08:29 PM

Are any of you testing tomorrow? I know 9 DPO is still really early but the urge to test is taking me over! I was hoping to wait until at least 10 DPO.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#12 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbutterflykissesm View Post

Carrin Did you come to Wilmington for school or something? Why such a short time? I love it here - I moved from CT about 4 years ago because I couldn't do the cold weather anymore. We walked around downtown this weekend (which we don't do often enough) and it reminded us of why we love this place.
I was dating a guy....we moved their from Colorado (his brother was staying in Wilmington, so we were staying with him). Then we moved up to Northern Virginia. Fortunately, I was there during the summer!

Glad to see their are more of you joining us!

I am hoping to be pregnant this cycle because I am just tired of trying. I know that 5 cycles isn't a terribly long time to try, but I am trying to juggle a pregnancy in there with the busy season of my business. I didn't want to be big and huge and trying to manage heavy boxes....nor did I want to be newly pregnant and pukey around the Christmas shopping season. But...I know that there is planning that takes place by a force larger than myself!

#13 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 08:54 PM

I am 8 days po today too!!!

yeah!
Ok I just read the whole link and I see that everyone is going into detail about how they have been feeling so I will join you...

BREAK OUTS!!!! holy cow...I am not a break out pimplely person but I even have a zit in my ear...gross I know, but true none the less (I am actually laughing at how ridiculous that sounds "i have a pimple in my ear...that must been there's a baby in my belly..."
anyway i am really craving sweets...
the scent thing is big for me too, I swear my dh doesn't get bad breath but I could smell it across the room last night...

(man from reading this post it sounds like I am unbearable to look at because of the zits and my dh is unbearable to be around because of his halitosis...what a great picture I just painted for all of you)

anyway I am just being real and isn't that what this place is for?
ok so I tested today too and yes like you guys I am lining them up trying to see the difference from day to day...

what is my deal???????

the days feel like months in between testing!.

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#14 of 114 Old 09-15-2008, 11:22 PM

me too, 8 dpo. i've been pregnant three times and i usually have implantation bleeding at 9 dpo, so i'm curious whether i get it tomorrow. then again i'm using progesterone now so i may not see it.

i have never gotten a bfp before 11/12 dpo and i have an 11-day LP, so i'm trying to avoid wasting pregnancy tests. either i'll get my period on thursday or i won't. i hope i can hold out. if not they're the 50-cent internet ones, sooo....
#15 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 12:56 AM

I'm 8dpo today too! We were actually not planning to start TTC till Dec, but I ended up O'ing super early this cycle on day 12 and we had dtd without protection on days 9 and 11 (I usually O on day 15) so there's definately a chance I could be pregnant. So far the only symptoms I've had are ovulation like pains on one side every day since a few days before O till now and hot flashes the past two days. And today I've had mild uterine cramps all day (like a heavy or stuffy feeling) and was slightly nauseus this morning. BUT I'm not getting my hopes up because there's been a few other times I could have been pregnant and I always have a ton of symptoms, take a bunch of tests, and then AF shows up right on time! I now think that I get slightly nauseus and have mild uterine cramps EVERY cycle a few days before AF! So we'll see. I had just ordered a ton of HPTs online in preparation for TTC in Dec, so I guess I'll get to use them this month! But I really want to hold out till AF is due. My luteal phase ranges anywhere from 12 to 15 days, so I still have a while to wait. I have a ton of OPKs too so I've been taking them the last few days too! My OPK from yesterday was pretty dark (but not as dark as the control line), but the one I took today was really light. So who knows. Here's my chart (it looks like it may be turning triphasic): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/ae251

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
Mom to Conner (8/19/03) and Parker (5/23/09)::::
#16 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykbird View Post
the scent thing is big for me too, I swear my dh doesn't get bad breath but I could smell it across the room last night...
That sounds like a great symptom! When I was pregnant with our son, I couldn't stand to kiss my boyfriend since his breath smelled sooooo bad! I kept asking him "did you brush your teeth?" and he would be like "I just did!" Poor guy! And then I remember staying at my mom's house and she had bought a new mattress from her friend. I SWORE it smelled like cat pee and I could not sleep on it! My mom finally took some diluted bleach water and wiped the whole thing down, including the entire bed frame, even though she couldn't smell a thing and her friend that she bought it from didn't even have a cat! After that I didn't smell any more cat pee though, so I was happy!

#17 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 01:25 AM

well can I join the fun? I'm really 9 DPO though. I had two episodes of severe cramping pain three hours apart on 6DPO. Then some mild cramping and low back pain which seems to be going away now.

I have had full and swollen feelings in my boobs, my taste is off, and my sense of smell is off the chart. I've had three nights of hot flashes too.
#18 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 07:14 AM

sorry if this is tmi, but what about the nipple thing?
like when you can's stand for your shirt to touch them and they
feel more like giant mosquito bites then anything else...
is the break out thing common in early pg? cuz i'm thinking this
might just be af on her way....darn full moon makes me crazy...
dying to hear where everybody else is today...
#19 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 08:44 AM

DKlovesMKandJK I grew up in Fairfield! Such a small world... My BF went to the boy's private school in my town (fairfield prep), was my year and everything - I dated people he knew - and I didn't meet him until I moved to NC!

For all of you other obsessers, how's it going today? I didn't test today at all. I am really trying to hold off until Thursday. I HAVE been getting CM the past week or so, and I usually don't have any after I O. (My body building up a mucus plug?!) I am still crampy and last night I had a headache - I felt dehydrated, like I'd been drinking alcohol, but I've actually drank a ton of water yesterday and NO alcohol... and I was gassy and constipated. Lovely.

But I guess any of this could be signs of AF. I have been getting AF within 2 days of the full moon, so if I don't get it by Sunday I will definitely think something is up. But then again, my body has been regulating itself since I went off BC, and this cycle I might just have a long LP.

Anyway, I'm testing again on Thursday. :

#20 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 10:32 AM

Well I tested this morning and got a BFN.....but I'm 10DPO so I guess I'll wait and see if AF rears her ugly head in a few days.
#21 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 10:36 AM

I think I can now say that my chart is officially triphasic! I've been charting for 4 years now and I went back and checked all 45 of my charts on FF and only one other chart has ever been triphasic (and that was back in April 2006). So hopefully that's a good sign. I'm hoping for an implatation dip or spotting tomorrow! With my son's pregnancy, I had the tiniest smidge of pink on the toilet paper when I wiped two days before AF was due. My luteal phase ranges from 12-15 days so I'm trying to hold out till 15dpo to test (if AF is still a no show and my temps are still high that is).

#22 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Had a bit of heartburn last evening and during the night. Have had insomnia the last 4 nights (up from like 2-4am,just lying there), hot flashes and STRANGE dreams.

I just really hate to get my hopes up.

I'm getting a henna tattoo this morning.....part of me wants to have my friend write "baby inside" on my belly just in case, then I could show it to dh. But, I'd hate to jinx myself!

I think I'll do an OPK just for fun this morning.

#23 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 12:04 PM

I'm 8 DPO today! So one day behind some of you. I haven't tested yet. I did buy internet cheapies this month so I'll be testing CD 12, but our chances aren't that great with timing this month. I've been crampy which is very odd for me, I don't even usually cramp with AF, but I've been drinking RRL so that might be it too. Hopefully someone in here with get a BFP soon!
#24 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

I did the OPK and I had a definite but faint test line. Not sure exatly what that means because I've nothing to compare it to. But, at least no AF up until this point today.

My friends tell me I'm obsessing!

#25 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 03:30 PM

Latia - great chart!

I started temping this morning just for the heck of it. I took a test and got a BFN - I knew I would because it is still early. I'll probably test every day from now on : I have a bag of net cheapies that are calling me. This is my first PPO. I won't be horribly dissapointed if I get AF because I was kind of hoping to have at least one AF before actively TTC. But it would be nice to get a stress free BFP too. With DS2 TTC was hell and took 6 mos!

#26 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrin View Post
I did the OPK and I had a definite but faint test line. Not sure exatly what that means because I've nothing to compare it to. But, at least no AF up until this point today.

My friends tell me I'm obsessing!
ugh. TELL me about it. My friends are picking FIGHTS with me because of it. They just don't get it because they are either much older and are ready for their 20 year old kids to leave their house, or much younger and not even in the same mindset as me. And I think people don't realize that it is a process to TTC. Yeah, you would love to think you could just have sex once and you're so fertile that you become pregnant right away, but those girls are just lucky. NOT the norm.

Yeah, my OPKs ALWAYS have a faint line. It's just that if you are dpo and you are pregs, it should detect HCG and be positive. I've been playing around with mine, and mine are darker than normal, but not positive.

#27 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
That sounds like a great symptom! When I was pregnant with our son, I couldn't stand to kiss my boyfriend since his breath smelled sooooo bad! I kept asking him "did you brush your teeth?" and he would be like "I just did!" Poor guy! And then I remember staying at my mom's house and she had bought a new mattress from her friend. I SWORE it smelled like cat pee and I could not sleep on it! My mom finally took some diluted bleach water and wiped the whole thing down, including the entire bed frame, even though she couldn't smell a thing and her friend that she bought it from didn't even have a cat! After that I didn't smell any more cat pee though, so I was happy!
LOL! too funny. I was the same way last night laying on the couch and I SWORE I smelled pee too!!!! I was like "I am going to put Laguna (our bulldog) in a dog house out side if she peed on my couch!!!"

she didn't....but I SWEAR that's what I smelled!

always :
#28 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 09:08 PM

esense! your chart looks HOT HOT HOT!!!!!

(I guess that makes us all 9dpo today huh?...oh well I am still responding to this thread...it's nice to have people in the EXACT same waiting boat...)

always :
#29 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 10:13 PM

I joined the OPK club and got a faint second line this afternoon too. I wonder if it means anything? We'll all be 10 DPO tomorrow so maybe one of us will get a faint second line on the test that counts!

#30 of 114 Old 09-16-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
I joined the OPK club and got a faint second line this afternoon too. I wonder if it means anything? We'll all be 10 DPO tomorrow so maybe one of us will get a faint second line on the test that counts!
hey I heard you can use a OPtest to see if yur pregs....cus the test doesn't know the difference...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

always :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page