Vegans TTC ~ Autumn/Winter - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 913 Old 12-17-2008, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Granola, that looks like a promising temp rise today. I hope those temps just keep going up and up!

: Amanda!

Hi everyone else, hope you are having a great week!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#482 of 913 Old 12-18-2008, 11:36 AM

Hi ladies, I am hoping for some BFP news soon! Fingers crossed for you all.

SnowPea, how is the TCM working?

oceane, enjoy your break. My assistant is away for the whole 2 weeks so I will be working here and there.

3.5 weeks until my next u/s....

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#483 of 913 Old 12-18-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Granola, that looks like a promising temp rise today. I hope those temps just keep going up and up!

: Amanda!

Hi everyone else, hope you are having a great week!

Hey SnowPea,

I thought so too but then it didn't change much today. DH wasn't "in the mood" to BD other than the once : and although it was pretty good timing, I'm not too hopeful. I'll settle for knowing that I have started ovulating again on this cycle but it's not looking too good on that front either.

I'm so impatient and want to be pg right now! I'm trying to keep positive as I'm sick of periods of ewcm, positive opk's but no thermal shift for the last several months.

DD nursed so much last night too..I'm pretty exhausted today.

I hope everyone is having a good week too - I'm thinking about you all

#484 of 913 Old 12-18-2008, 01:55 PM

Looks like I'm on to the next cycle. Weird...It's later than a normal cycle and earlier than where I anticipated it would be...so maybe I didn't ovulate at all last month.

At least my new thermometer has arrived, so no need to guess this month. I'm still not sure what the two weeks of cramping was. *shrug*
#485 of 913 Old 12-18-2008, 03:40 PM

sorry amanda . maybe temps will give you more clues this cycle. still, first day is always a drag.

grahnola, to you, too. I hope you catch the first actual egg!

yay for next ultrasound excitedness, veganmama! I won't take an internet break until dec 27th though

hh2.gif

#486 of 913 Old 12-18-2008, 04:36 PM

Hi there! I haven't been around in forever...it's been a really wild 2008! Still no BFP, still no PPAF, either! But yet I feel patient and OK with that most of the time Right now we have 9+" of snow and we're snowed in! No school, no work, no nothing! And it's kind of fun! I confess I'm hoping it melts off a bit by Saturday so I can get out of dodge to go grocery shopping at the natural mkt, though.

Soooooooo basically we're still working on it, and I've missed *seeing* you all!

* Holly * rural Seattle suburban SAHM to Elizabeth 11 * Cole 9 * Annie 5 * Blaise 3 * and Urban 2 mos *
#487 of 913 Old 12-19-2008, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Veganmama, I had accu tonight and she tried some new points hoping that a new approach would get things moving. We upped my dosage on the herbs last week too. I am taking next week off from accu and the following week I will be seeing a different practitioner because mine will be on vacation. We are hoping that if what she did today doesn't get things moving, maybe her colleague will have some new ideas. I have definately given up on this cycle, hopefully AF will be here soon so I can start a new one.

Granola, sorry your temps are not doing what you want them to .

Amanda, so sorry AF showed up.

Hi Holly, welcome back! I'm glad to hear that you are at peace waiting on ppaf. I hope you make it out to the store this weekend, be careful!

Hi oceane, and hi pregnant vegans.

#488 of 913 Old 12-19-2008, 04:36 AM

snow~pea, hopefully you'll get AF soon. it's nice though that your practicioner really listens to you and tries new approaches and seems very helpful altogether.

welcome back holly! no work, yay! today's my last class for this year, too. BUT the thought of being snowed in scares me. fortunately, this never happens in Northern Germany, ever. In fact, it has been raining all night.

hi pregnant ladies! any updates? any names you're considering yet? Lizzy, how are you?

I just googled that Jamie Oliver's wife is pregnant again. I'm a little in love with her because she's so pretty and fun, yet her parenting philosophy is far away from mothering and my own. anyway, I want us all to be pregnant by the time she will deliver her baby in march. the latest!

hh2.gif

#489 of 913 Old 12-19-2008, 11:40 AM

TMI alert!

Well, I bled just enough yesterday to make me believe I needed a tampon at work, so I put one in and when I went to take it out last night, it was nearly bone dry. Nothing since. So I don't even get a normal period, I guess. I'm still assuming this is AF, waiting for the rest, but I guess I'll chart yesterday as spotting, since it was lighter than the lightest light day I've ever charted, and I think day 1 is defined as continuous red flow, right? Maybe today will be day 1....

Is everyone else ready for the holidays? We had a snow day today, so J's exams as postponed until Tues the 6th, and I think we're going to take advantage of our day off together to bake cookies. I love his age now so much. He's almost 13, and usually just such a riot. :
#490 of 913 Old 12-19-2008, 12:07 PM

Hey everyone! Crazy busy trying to get everything done at work before my assistant is away for 2 weeks.

SnowPea, you TCM pracitioner sounds great. She is really listening to you!

Babydust to everyone!

#491 of 913 Old 12-19-2008, 02:21 PM

Thanks for the welcome back! We're snowed in again today, so that kinda means my adventure to WW and shopping is a bust. Oh well! I'll just have to walk for staple items and either go next Saturday or sometime next week. We ended up with 10-12" snow and I just saw a weather bulletin about more headed our way, along with high winds and ice. Sigh.......enough about meteorological junk.

I think we spoke about this before, oceane, but I visited Bielefeld after having our exchange student from there stay with us for 9 or so months. I'm more than a little envious of your living there! Especially if you NEVER get this kind of snow!

A warm hello to everyone else and congrats to the BFPs!

* Holly * rural Seattle suburban SAHM to Elizabeth 11 * Cole 9 * Annie 5 * Blaise 3 * and Urban 2 mos *
#492 of 913 Old 12-19-2008, 02:37 PM

Hi Ladies,

Snow-pea your practitioner does sound really good. I hope AF comes for you soon.

veganmama...US are sooooo exciting - my feet are tingling with excitement for you. Keep us posted.

Hope this day finds everyone closer to where they want to be

The temp has dropped to -31 here this morning brrrrrr! I took my temp and FF gave me cross-hairs for the first time and says I ovulated this month. Can it really be???? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d4c1

However I'm pretty skeptical. Maybe I did and I'm just so used to not getting my hopes up but I keep thinking it's because we had the heat turned up higher than normal or I just got more sleep last night....

In any case this was a month where DH decided he was too stressed at work to contemplate another baby in the house : so we only BD once. Grrrr. oh well, couldn't talk him into it no matter how hard I tried ( sheesh!!!)

Oh I hope it's not too much to ask that I ovulated and it's the start of a continuous ovulatory cycles for me now.

Babydust to everyone

#493 of 913 Old 12-19-2008, 03:07 PM

looks good grahnola, since you also have the plus opk to back you up it can't just be the heating! :

amanda, you did test, right?

hh2.gif

#494 of 913 Old 12-19-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post

amanda, you did test, right?

Last time I tested was 11dpo. I picked up the test thinking I was 12dpo, but realized after that I was a day early. If nothing else happens soon, I'll pick up another one, but I'm having tiny amounts of brown tinted discharge now, so I think it's just taking it's time starting.
#495 of 913 Old 12-19-2008, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone, I hope you all are home safe and warm. We got a ton of snow today, I would say about 8". That's on top of the couple inches we already had on the ground. Lucky for me DH was able to drive me around all day . I probably won't temp much next week with the holidays and all. I think it would be a nice break to not worry about it.

Granola, your chart looks ovulatory to me. Hopefully the next couple days' temps are more clear :.

Amanda, I have had AF's like that. So frustrating, lots of hugs to you.

#496 of 913 Old 12-20-2008, 12:50 PM

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that I have taken my first round with Clomid. Yes, we are finally TTC! Although I've been having some weird emotions about it, like feeling really anxious about it, and are we ready yet? This is weird, since I've been wanting to TTC for a long time. I just stopped taking my Paxil a couple weeks ago though, so I'm sure that has something to do with my strange emotions.

Anyway, I took Clomid on the 8th through the 12th of December, and I had slippery CM on the 14th. I haven't had any since, so I'm a little puzzled, because I don't think you're suppposed to ovulate that soon after stopping the Clomid. But I suppose it's possible. We DTD on the 14th and 15th, so hopefully I did O at that time, and I'm pregnant!! When should I test?

We'll see...

Have a good day everyone!

Heather, Vegan Dietitian, Wife to DH since 9-04, mom to Pepper : and mom to born 10/09
#497 of 913 Old 12-20-2008, 02:38 PM

yay heather! it's a rollercoaster, this ttc, I don't think you're supposed to feel all ready right from the beginning. good luck, too!

hh2.gif

#498 of 913 Old 12-20-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
yay heather! ... good luck, too!
Thanks!

Any thoughts on whether I might have O'd on the 14th? My last day of Clomid was the 12th, and the 14th is either my 9th or 11th cycle day. (See my thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1015305 ) I know that's weird, but I had the slippery CM that day.

Heather, Vegan Dietitian, Wife to DH since 9-04, mom to Pepper : and mom to born 10/09
#499 of 913 Old 12-20-2008, 11:14 PM

nak

grrrrrrr! My temp dropped a bit this morning *sigh I don't understand what is going on!

hope evryone is having a good day!

#500 of 913 Old 12-21-2008, 07:20 AM

no idea, heather, day 11 sounds early for ovulation but I have no clomid experience. technically it should be possible, though one day of cm is not enough info, really. you can have several incidences of fertile cm and only your temp can tell you afterwards if you really had the temp shift, thus ovulated. do you plan on charting in the future? low temps can have all sorts of reason. hypothyroidism, or sleeping with your mouth open...

hh2.gif

#501 of 913 Old 12-21-2008, 12:53 PM

I'm on my fourth day of spotting. Not enough to even touch my underwear, just enough to see it when I wipe. Still dull cramping, pretty much all the time. I'm not really sure what's going on at this point, but I just wish I'd bleed so we can get the next cycle going. This month has been a good reminder of why I got so tired of TTC that we gave up entirely. I'm just not good at the roller coaster stuff.
#502 of 913 Old 12-21-2008, 01:39 PM

Is it unrealistic of me to suggest that it might be implantation bleeding, VegAmanda? I don't really know your history or if you tend to spot at the beginning of your cycle/end of the last in the LP, but...sounds like implantation bleeding.

#503 of 913 Old 12-21-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmkrueger View Post
Is it unrealistic of me to suggest that it might be implantation bleeding, VegAmanda? I don't really know your history or if you tend to spot at the beginning of your cycle/end of the last in the LP, but...sounds like implantation bleeding.
My usual cycle is spotting for a day, two at most, then medium, light , spotting, done. Would implantation be so long? I always assumed it was just a day or two, though I have heard of it being a little longer. I guess it's the cramping that feels just like AF is coming. I swore I wouldn't test again this cycle, but I'll give it a couple more days and see.. It would be great if you were right.
#504 of 913 Old 12-21-2008, 05:14 PM

Arrggh,

I started spotting today - pretty sure it's AF 5dpo though my temps seem to be diung the right thing...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d4c1

Any thoughts mamas?

I've been taking 240mg Vitex (Chasteberry) and 100mg of Vit B6 ( in a complex) to try and lengthen my LP.

For those of you who have had the same problem, how long did it take for your LP phase to lengthen? What helped?

This is so frustrating! :

#505 of 913 Old 12-21-2008, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome back Heather! I am not sure about early o with clomid, but I think if its the first time you've used it you can expect just about anything. Good luck!

oceane, you've got crosshairs! Yay for ovulating on cd16!

Granola, you've still got crosshairs, so if its just spotting it could be implantation . I hope it is! I know how frustrating it is to feel like you are doing everything right and not seeing results. Keep in mind that natural remedies can take a while to make a difference, although I know it is really hard to be patient.

Amanda, have you tested since that first negative on cd11? It might put your mind at ease to get a more definative answer. Sounds like everyone's ovaries are really messing with them this month, must be all that holiday cheer (or stress). I hope everyone's cycles get back in line soon so we can get back to the business of ttc!

AFM: I keep going to the bathroom expecting AF to have shown up, but no sign of her yet. I'm hoping to start a new cycle with the new year, DH and I have a deal to get back on the healthy wagon after the holidays. Anyone doing resolutions for New Years?

#506 of 913 Old 12-21-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post

Amanda, have you tested since that first negative on cd11? It might put your mind at ease to get a more definative answer. Sounds like everyone's ovaries are really messing with them this month, must be all that holiday cheer (or stress). I hope everyone's cycles get back in line soon so we can get back to the business of ttc!

Anyone doing resolutions for New Years?

Nope, but it looks like that doesn't matter now. Bright red and heavier. Finally! I hate when you just know it's coming and it won't.

I don't do resolutions, but I do have to lose the 20 pounds I put on since I changed jobs, so I have to find time to work out again. It wasn't an issue when I was throwing around bales of hay twice a day, but now, I feel like my butt is spreading a little more every second I'm sitting at a desk.
#507 of 913 Old 12-21-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahnola Mum View Post
Arrggh,

I started spotting today - pretty sure it's AF 5dpo though my temps seem to be diung the right thing...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d4c1

Any thoughts mamas?
It could totally be implantation spotting! :

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#508 of 913 Old 12-21-2008, 11:05 PM

Thanks Mamas,

Unfortunately today it's been getting heavier and bright red. So, I am doubtful it is implantation spotting

Oh well. I just seem to have a long way to go to lengthen my LP sufficiently. It's only 5 days right now. Yikes!

I know natural remedies will take longer. I need to remind myself of this.

Am I taking the right supplements in the right dose? Does anyone have experience with the supplements lengthening their lp successfully?

I'm trying to see it as at least it's a step in the right direction after having no AF for months. I guess it takes several months to get back to 'normal'.

#509 of 913 Old 12-22-2008, 11:03 AM

hugs to those AF found. argh.

snow~pea, your body needs to cooperate more! sending you AF vibes for a new and much much shorter cycle!!
I do have crosshairs but my temps are almost as low as most of my pre-o temps. feels like I barely passed a test what are your exact plans for getting healthier?

I've started my resolution today already. I need to not eat sweets and work out. because I don't have a healthy relationship with candy and junkfood and because I feel the two go hand in hand. maybe if I feel fitter I'll feel more confident my body can do this. but I finished off the candy canke joe joe's first yesterday. so far (it's 3 pm, ) I've not eaten any junk. not done any exercise either though. holidays are tough, MIL is here and brought two whole cakes and a box of cookies. tomorrow, Christmas Eve and day at my parents: cookies, treats, cookies. you all know the deal

hi pregnant ladies!!

hh2.gif

#510 of 913 Old 12-22-2008, 02:29 PM

Hi everyone, sorry I have been so quiet and not here so much to cheer you on. I was either sleeping or puking all weekend. And now I am at work scrambling to put in a big deal before Christmas!

Babydust to all. I'll try to check in tomorrow and then I am off to the outlaws with no internet the 24th through the 26th!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page